HC Davos Dynamo Press Conference

ShawnGlade

1: How many games do you think our first series will be?

I predict 6. I think it will be a tight series. Maybe one blowout win where our offense explodes. Hopefully that’s not just me being optimistic. 

2: Which player on Davos do you think would win an arm wrestling tournament?

Me by a landslide. After all I’m a Florida man. 

3: What is your players nickname? 

I don’t really have one, but I know it’s not Mansy so don’t call me that. Let’s go with Flo. 

4: Which teammate do you expect will lead us in points at the end of our playoff run?

Hard to say. Maybe Mitchell or Jones. Knowing how great Booberry is he might carry us on offense too. 

5: Which NHL player's jersey would you want to get as a gift?

I already have plenty of his jerseys, but I’d like a Kane Rangers jersey. I’m a Hawks fan just trying to find something to cheer for. That jersey is so nice with the 88 popping off the back. Gonna get that one whenever they start selling it. 

6: Who is your favorite NHL defender?

Has to be Hedman. The finesse he has for someone that size is unmatched. To have the ability to utilize his frame to produce in both ends of the ice is so rare. He’s your prototypical chel Be-A-Pro defenseman that can do it all. So much fun to watch. 

1: How many games do you think our first series will be

we win in 6

David jokinen

Sharky

4: Which teammate do you expect will lead us in points at the end of our playoff run?

Siyan

Radko Gudas 

Radko Gudas

7: Do you listen to anything while you fall asleep? or do you find it strange to do so?

The TV

8: What is your dream car?

dont really have one.  

1: How many games do you think our first series will be?

6 games, we win.

Mason has some strength but he's a small guy. I would say Jake or Pete.

David "David" Jokinen

I recently got a Vasilevski jersey, already got Price, so next would be Dryden or Roy. Current players, Oettinger.

Can't say that I have one. Dahlin is closest to being one. He is fun to watch.
7: Do you listen to anything while you fall asleep? or do you find it strange to do so?

I don't. For the rare occasion I have a white noise machine.

18 hours ago, Masu Chan said:

orV41eH.png.efda2d2f5c2f0bdb7369639cbe079d0d.png

You ONLY have to answer 6 of the 8 questions
Week Of March 6th - March 12th 2023

1. It will be four games. That is all.

2. Booberry, definitely. From all those times he lifted the team onto his back.

4. James Teekirque is finally shooting and scoring, and with that five point sim to open, he's an early favorite.

5. I know people say he's a jerk, hit Jack Eichel and I had similar injuries and both had to wait to get the surgery we wanted, so I relate to him.

6. I always liked Paul Martin because he was like Cool Hand Luke out there. Not fancy, but he could play 22 a night and you wouldn't sweat it.

7. These days, no. I used to listen to some of my history audiobooks. They're quite dense, so when you're tired, they put you right out.

5 games. They will get us one time, but sadly for them, we are no match. LET'S GOOOOO!

Me lol. Not even a question. Look at my arms bro.

Pop. Like the sound when you open a champagne bottle. Short and easy to remember.

It will be between Thunder and Teekirque. They had a good season and are on the right track at the moment to lead us.

Crosby. I do not have a Pittsburgh jersey even if they are my team. Crosby is my all time favorite so yeah.

Hard to say. Really a fan of Letang and I always loved how Dahlin skate so easily. I could say the same things about Quinn Hughes. I know Makar is good, but I don't know why he's not one of them for me.

Audi R8. The look is amazing and with the power it have I would have so much fun with it.

Currently being up 2-0, I'll say it goes six. They're all going to be really close games in my opinion, and splitting the next four seems good (especially since it means a Davos win!)

I think it depends - can you arm wrestle a ghost who doesn't have any arms? I say Booberry wins by forfeit in that case, he has a built in advantage.

It seems like Boobs has started to stick which... let's be real, I don't hate it.

Thunder and Teekirque both have 6 in two games already, which is wild. I'll say Thunder takes it - we're going to need our defensemen to come on strong, no matter who we face.

I genuinely do need a Wild jersey, and Kaprizov is the easy answer. But an Eriksson Ek jersey would also be fun as a fan favorite.

I could never do TV or anything like that, but a fan or some sort of white noise does me well. (Also drowns out some outside noise that could get the dogs barking.)

On 3/6/2023 at 2:30 PM, Masu Chan said:

Week Of March 6th - March 12th 2023

1. It was over in 4 so I’m answering late

2. probably Thunder dude is massive 

3. Maverick 

4. Thunder or Siyan seem most likely 

5. if we’re talking from my team I’d say McAvoy but if we’re talking league wide then Tage Thompson 

6. Adam Fox he just doesn’t have help on the blue line in NY

Week Of March 13th - March 19th 2023

1: It’s been an intense series against Malmo. Do you expect the series to end tonight or will we go into game 7?

2: Which Davos player has impressed you most so far in these playoffs?

3: Is there any team you wish we had played these playoffs? Or maybe one you wish we meet should we make it to the finals?

4: Let’s say someone goes back in time and finds a young Wayne Gretzky and brings them to our timeline. Do you think Wayne will still be the best or would it be too much of a change?

5: Alternatively which NHL legend do you think would still be good if their career was restarted today? 

6: If you had to change your hair color, which color would you choose and why? 

7: If you had to choose an Emoji for a Hockey Jersey, which Emoji would you choose?

8: What was the most recent Show you’ve watched?

1: It’s been an intense series against Malmo. Do you expect the series to end tonight or will we go into game 7?

At the risk of being a jinx, I'll be the optimist and say it ends tonight. Just need one strong goaltending performance from me!

Jake Thunder's 14 assists in 9 games is pretty sweet. It's important to put home the goals, sure, but without a distributor I don't know where I'd be.

3: Is there any team you wish we had played these playoffs? Or maybe one you wish we meet should we make it to the finals?

London seemed to talk a lot of smack for a team that didn't end up actually making it. But I'm not going to argue too much with how things ended up.

4: Let’s say someone goes back in time and finds a young Wayne Gretzky and brings them to our timeline. Do you think Wayne will still be the best or would it be too much of a change?

I think he'd be the best, but I don't think it'd be by as wide a margin. There are just so many good players today.

I'm cool with the brown, but it'd be interesting to blond it up for a day or two just to see how it fits. I don't think it'd look the best on me though.

Gearing up for the final season of Ted Lasso coming out in a few days here. I like shows that end before they become stale.

It will end tonight. We are playing really well and we are due to explose offensively.

Bring him from his timeline to ours? No, he would not be the best player. Now it's more about the speed and he would not be protected as before.

5: Alternatively which NHL legend do you think would still be good if their career was restarted today? 

Mario Lemieux. He had it all. Speed, physicality, skills, leadership, shot, hockey IQ. Heatly, he would still be the best player, if not closer to McDavid than anybody right now.

Red. My mother was, so probably would fit me lol.

7: If you had to choose an Emoji for a Hockey Jersey, which Emoji would you choose?

Between the one with dollar bill on his face or the stars. A hockey jersey cost a lot of money (the real ones), but they are so beautiful, better than any team sport on the planet.

I'm watching Flash, Kaleidoscope at the moment. Will need to watch The last of us soon.

It ENDS TODAY!!

Thunder, on that second d pair and posting impressive numbers while doing the job of two defensemen! his d pair is a bot.

He will still be the best without a doubt. With the help of modern technologies he will be a beast.

Jagr.

God what an awful idea. Yikes. How'd you even come up with this.

Probably The Crown. Started rewatching it last month.

5 hours ago, Masu Chan said:

We have been the stronger team, so I do hope we'll be able to close out the series tonight. We just need everything to go well on both sides of the game and smother that Malmo team. 

Jake Thunder's contributions definitely can't go unnoticed. His point production and helpers have spurred our offense.

Honestly, I was happy with our playoff matchup this season. Would love to play Calgary in the finals only because I know a lot of people on that Wranglers team.

Martin St. Louis would thrive in today's game since it's evolved to be friendlier towards smaller-statured players.

Probably brown, because my hair is black and any other color would just look ridiculous on me, in my opinion. 

I just watched the season finale of "The Last of Us" last night, and while I really enjoyed the show, the game will always be number one to me! 

On 3/13/2023 at 10:00 AM, Masu Chan said:

1. Call me clairvoyant, but I think we're going to make it to seven games.

2. FLORIDA MAAAAAAAAN! HE'S HERE AND HE BROUGHT THE METH!

3.  I'd really like it if we could play the Wranglers in the finals.

4. Look at how the protected Gretzky. You hit him and you would never see the ice again, not to mention you'd get your ass kicked. Now look at how Sidney Crosby has been treated his whole career. As a rookie, Derian Hatcher used his stick to give him emergency dental surgery. You think Gretzky had it in him to deal with that? I don't.

5. Nick Lindstrom could play in literally any era of the league. He was just that good.

6. I don't have any goddammed hair!

8. Malcolm in the Middle just showed up on Disney+, so I've been watching that. It mostly holds up. For the era it was made, the homophobia is very mild.

On 3/13/2023 at 10:00 AM, Masu Chan said:

1. We won in 7 in a tight series 

2. Jake Thunder was extremely impressive all playoffs 

3. I’m interested to see how a series vs Seattle would have gone in the finals

4. I think he’d still be the best but i don’t think he’d be as dominant as he was

5. Bobby Orr because he was ahead of his time as a offensive defenseman 

6. I think I’d go black from brown because I just think it looks better 

Week Of March 19th - March 26th 2023

1. The season has finally concluded after a hard fought journey to the finals but unfortunately, we fell short. What are your final thoughts on our season?

2. Who is your VHL playoff MVP?

3. We have just had two blockbuster trades! What do you think about these moves? 

4. If you could play alongside any player in the VHL, who would it be and why?

5. Outside of the NHL, which hockey leagues do you enjoy watching, if any? 

6. Which NHL player do you model your own player after?

7. If you could live in the world of any video game/TV show/movie/etc., what would you pick and why?

8. Is a hot dog a sandwich?

3 minutes ago, kirbithan said:

1. The season has finally concluded after a hard fought journey to the finals but unfortunately, we fell short. What are your final thoughts on our season?

3. We have just had two blockbuster trades! What do you think about these moves? 

7. If you could live in the world of any video game/TV show/movie/etc., what would you pick and why?

1: I think it was a big step forward, we were an elite team and we proved it by making it to the finals.

4: I had the honor of playing alongside Siyan. I don't know if there's anyone I'd rather play with and London is lucky to have him.

5: The last time I watched a non-NHL game was a QMJHL game. I forget the other team but I remember seeing Noah Dobson on the Titan and I just remember thinking he was the best player on the ice. 

6: I like to imagine these days my player is similar to John Tavares, he's good at faceoffs and defense but can pull off some pretty goals.

7: I feel a lot of the things I enjoy have gruesome moments so it's hard to choose one where I can still live peacefully. That being said I think living in the RWBY world would be nice. I was considering Skyrim but RWBY has more future/modern tech and it'd be much easier to live in. Plus in that universe, I could have a superpower!

8: Tough one. I'm going to say yes, I don't know what else you could call it, and if a Sub is considered a sandwich why isn't a hot dog?

Loss.

Lindbergh played pretty well. Unfortunately

Any of the top defensemen, we already have one here, Jake Thunder.

Finnish hockey in general.

None. But if I'd choose one, Jacob Slavin!

I feel like Harry Potter is an easy answer, being a wizard and all. Or any futuristic high tech universe like Star Trek.

We had a really great season! Better than the last one. Of course the series didn't went our way, but we (and I too!) made progress.

We gonna miss Cole, but we got a first round pick, two 3rds and Kovalski for it. Hope it will work great for us.

The AHL and QMJHL. Been through some live games in the Q and ECHL this year.

Profile picture, Josh Anderson. Wish he could be more offensive in the real NHL, but well I love the way he plays.

Mass Effect. Find new species and travel in space seem really nice!

I think yes, it's a sausage between two "slice" of bread so...

On 3/20/2023 at 11:53 AM, kirbithan said:

1. It was a good season just got unlucky in the finals

2. Lindberg is the playoff MVP for me unfortunately but he played great all playoffs 

3. gonna miss playing with those guys but I think the returns were pretty good 

4.  I’d love to play with a elite center like Janser so I can go back to playing wing

5. I follow the AHL mainly to keep track of prospects 

6. Patrice Bergeron but with a more offensive focus 

You ONLY have to answer 6 of the 8 questions
Week Of March 26th - April 2nd 2023

1. Today is VHL Draft Day! What did you think about the prospect/scouting experience during your draft season personally?

2. What is one piece of advice you have for tonight’s draftees?

3. Are you a part of any offseason tournaments at the moment (whether it be player or GM)?

4. Which Davos player do you think has the best chance of surviving a zombie apocalypse and why?

5. Have you ever met a pro hockey player before? If so, who was it?

6. If you follow March Madness, who do you predict to win the whole tournament?

7. If you were to participate in the Olympics (summer or winter), which sport would you compete in?

8. Are you more of a dog person or a cat person? 

1. Today is VHL Draft Day! What did you think about the prospect/scouting experience during your draft season personally?

There's not much else to say except I always play for Davos. Some doofus GMs made a bigger problem of it before my draft.

3. Are you a part of any offseason tournaments at the moment (whether it be player or GM)?

nope

4. Which Davos player do you think has the best chance of surviving a zombie apocalypse and why?

Idk Thunder or Kowalski they are both tough mofos

I've met plenty of pro players in the past, there's too many to list. Finnish pro's.

7. If you were to participate in the Olympics (summer or winter), which sport would you compete in?

spectator sport! :D

Cats for sure

It was confusing to me.

Have a bag packed and be ready to jump on a plane to go to your new team.

Pro am baby!!

Ahma -  he’s a legend

Nope, only when they were headed to be pros

HC Davos.  Oh wait. Wrong sport.   UConn

Summer - pole vault. Winter - downhill skiing

Dog,   Allergic to cats

11 minutes ago, kirbithan said:

1. I don't remember anyone actually reaching out to me. TBH, I find all the surveys very annoying. I'd rather go to a team that didn't message me than one that sent me a form.

2. If you ever ravel back in time, don't step on anything. Because even the tiniest charge can alter the future in ways you can't imagine.

3. I used to be in Z's when it was underground. My team one year was called the "Offensive Stereotypes." We were pretty wacky that season.

4. Probably James Teekirque, because he could beam back up to his ship. Is that cheating?

5. When I was in high school, I did some weights and other athletic training with a guy who used to train Rob Brown, Bill Holder sand Vidaly Yachmenev. They were fun guys.

8. I've had cats my whole life. My cats love me, one of them actually cries at night if she can't find me. Dogs are just too much work.

The Victory ProAm. Don't know if there's other ones, but for now only this one.

Mine. Big, strong and can do almost everything. Not some stupid jocks so he should be alright.

Yes! Was very nice! They are habitually friendly and even if they were not my idols, they were "bigger" in real.

Don't follow it a lot, but I have a bracket and mine is still alive with Texas winning it!

If not hockey, honestly, I don't know haha! Maybe tennis, badminton or darts if they are there LOL

Cat person. More independent and easier to take care of. 

30 minutes ago, kirbithan said:

1: I enjoyed it, It was cool to see which teams were interested in me and It was fun trying to predict which team I'd be drafted to.

2: I don't think it matters which spot you are drafted in, sure the grind might be more difficult to get to the VHL but as long as you continue to improve you can leave an impact on whichever team is lucky to draft you.

3: Nah, not this season but I always enjoy the JST and World Juniors, It's a great way to enjoy the off-season and meet new people. GO STEEL!

4: I think I gotta go with Pete Mitchell, he's a very big guy and I think he has the stamina and aggression to survive.

5: I don't remember ever meeting one, but my Brother worked at a Pub a few years ago and got to meet a former NHL player named Derek Ryan. According to him, the guy was really cool and even signed something for him. I remember seeing Derek Ryan in the NHL games and he was always just like a bottom 6 guy or in the AHL but that doesn't make it any less cool. 

8: I prefer dogs. I've had my dog for thirteen years of my life and I feel like it'd offend her if I said cats XD