HC Davos Dynamo Press Conference

ShawnGlade

1. In a crucial two-game sim against Prague, we came out on top! How are you liking our chances of beating them out for first in the conference?

Slim, but not impossible.

2. As we close in on the end of the regular season, how would you describe your player’s performance?

A big old meh

3. What brand of equipment does your player use?

4. Do you have any rivalries with other users in the VHL?

5. How did you find out about the VHL?

random google search, is my best guess.

6. Which two teams do you think make it to the Stanley Cup Final?

Edmonton and Florida(!)

7. Where is your ideal vacation spot?

Montreal, Quebec, Canada. Go Habs Go

8. Does a straw have two holes or one?

2?

On 5/8/2023 at 8:19 AM, kirbithan said:

orV41eH.png.efda2d2f5c2f0bdb7369639cbe079d0d.png

You ONLY have to answer 6 of the 8 questions
Week Of May 7th 2023 - May 14th 2023

1. In a crucial two-game sim against Prague, we came out on top! How are you liking our chances of beating them out for first in the conference?

2. As we close in on the end of the regular season, how would you describe your player’s performance?

3. What brand of equipment does your player use?

4. Do you have any rivalries with other users in the VHL?

5. How did you find out about the VHL?

6. Which two teams do you think make it to the Stanley Cup Final?

7. Where is your ideal vacation spot?

8. Does a straw have two holes or one?

1. We didn’t catch them but I like our chances if we meet them in the playoffs 

2. I’d describe my season as meh I thought I’d score more 

3. Bauer equipment 

4. no real rivalries with other users just friendly trash talk

5. from a YouTube video 

6. Carolina and Vegas I think

Week Of May 14th 2023 - May 21st 2023

1. VSN predicted that we’re going to win the Continental Cup. What can the team do to achieve this feat?

2. How did you come up with your VHL username?

3. What is one thing you would add to the offseason to spice it up?

4. If you could add an award to the VHL, what would it be?

5.How did you do in VHFL/Super Coach this season (if you participated)? Who is your favorite all-time NHL player?

6.Who is your favorite all-time NHL player?

7. Tea or coffee?

8. I just watched the newest episode of Demon Slayer! What is your favorite TV show?

1. VSN predicted that we’re going to win the Continental Cup. What can the team do to achieve this feat?

Stay focused, good team play wins games.

Shark was taken

A one time fee of $10 per season so you dont have to do a 6 tpe article every fucking week.  Its getting old.

Most fights and winning most fights

5.How did you do in VHFL/Super Coach this season (if you participated)? Who is your favorite all-time NHL player?

As expected.    

Phil Esposito

7. Tea or coffee?

Coffee

8. I just watched the newest episode of Demon Slayer! What is your favorite TV show?

Last Man Standing 

1 hour ago, kirbithan said:

7. Tea or coffee?

1. just play a 60 minutes games and dont pull a leaf. 

2. 7 is my favorite number and lemorse is walrus in french and that was my nickname playing water polo. 

3. games town of salem but I think we will get a game if not here in the sba one. 

4. best looking player. 

5. pretty good I think 8 tpe in total for both. 

6. favorite player prolly Lemieux and Lafleur. 

7. none 

8. Loki 

A1: Ever since the Leduc trade we've been playing really well. We ended the season very strong having a 7 game winning streak pretty recently I believe. As long as we continue to play like we did in the regular season we should have no problem winning the trophy.

A2: It's my Xbox live name. Basically, I was changing my Xbox name every few months because nothing stuck and I was trying to find the perfect name. My friend would call me Masu Chan every now and again and I finally asked "How would you spell that?" and I've had the name ever since. It's been probably four years of being Masu Chan so far.

A4: The Masu Chan Award: AGM of the Year. I feel I could've won it a couple of times during my time in Davos.

5.How did you do in VHFL/Super Coach this season (if you participated)? 

A5: Very well! It was fun, I made super coach history by finishing bottom of the entire standings. It's a highlight of my career so far! Needless to say I'll change my strategy next time, but it's super funny that I was the worse team.

A6: Martin Brodeur. When I first started playing NHL games I was a Devils fan, and still sort of am but Marty was my boy. I've always been intrigued with goaltenders so it only makes sense that I'd be a fan of the one with the most wins in history. 

A8: At the moment, probably Demon Slayer. After the Mugan train I ended up reading ahead and to see it all animated is very fun. 

Play to our potential!

I've used the same nickname /variations of it, for ages now.

Loyalty award!

Carey Price. Wish he would have lifted the Cup in 2021 😢

7. Tea or coffee?

Coffee. I'm no Brit.

There way too many great and superb masterpieces of TV, I'd have to give you a list. Maybe another time.

Get Champagne to score more! The team need his production from the last playoffs with almost a point per game. 

It's the same name that I use from like 15 years ago. Close to my real name, and it was the name of a rapper when I was younger.

I finished 22th, so kinda good! Happy with the result because I don't follow the league that much, but I prefer this over the old one.

Mario Lemieux. He had it all. Physique, speed, hands, shot, hockey IQ. Sad that injuries got the better of him. Needed more help from teammates like Gretzky had.

7. Tea or coffee?

None! Don't need that crap to be functional. Just sleep and drink water, it will be better for you.

I don't really have a favorite, but I'm watching Travelers at the moment and it's really good!

On 5/15/2023 at 8:20 AM, kirbithan said:

7. Tea or coffee?

1. I have a simple, three step program. If we follow it, I guarantee we will win the cup. 1. Win the conference semi finals. 2. Win the conference finals. 3. Win the league finals.

2. My username is a reference to the time Dale Gribble released a mongoose into Megalo Mart to track down the snake he had released.

3. Paprika, preferably smoked. I have never regretted adding more paprika to a recipe.

6. Probably Evgeni Malkin. He has been my favorite player through the greatest time in Penguins history.

7. star-trek-the-next-generation.gif

8. Never heard of that! Probably Bob's Burgers. I love how wholesome it is, but without being bland or preachy. 

On 5/15/2023 at 9:50 AM, kirbithan said:

7. Tea or coffee?

1. I don't think you will.  But you have to beat London if it's even possible.

2. OG username used to be my real name, then when I made my 2nd player his last name started with V and 2 (being my 2nd player) also version 2 of my username.

3. More TPE giveaways and incentive.  Off-season training PT's?

4. Bring back the old awards.

5. Did fairly mid

6. Roberto Luongo

7. Coffee

8. Not really watching any shows atm but South Park is definitely my fav.  Also a big fan of Rick & Morty and The Tim & Eric Awesome Show

On 5/15/2023 at 8:20 AM, kirbithan said:

7. Tea or coffee?

1. We’ll do our best to prove them right and so far so good we’re in the conference finals 

2. My initials and the fact that I did stats sometimes in HS for hockey and the number 23 is to honor a friend who was in a accident that I grew up with that was there jersey number 

4. A award for best record in fights or a award for most goalie assists 

5. I didn’t participate this year, but I might do it next season 

6. My favorite all time player is Bobby Orr

7. does Ice tea count? Because if not then neither just not a coffee person 

Week Of May 21st 2023 - May 28th 2023

1. What a thrilling series win against Moscow! What is one word you would use to describe our team right now?

2. Give us an inspirational quote!

3. How would your player celebrate a championship win?

4. What is your favorite part about being a part of the VHL?

5. What are your thoughts on the Chicago Blackhawks winning the Connor Bedard sweepstakes?

6. If you could have dinner with three famous people, who would you choose?

7. Creamy or crunchy peanut butter?

8. I’ve been getting back into playing Payday 2, so in the same vein as last week’s TV question: do you have a favorite video game? If so, what is it?

1. What a thrilling series win against Moscow! What is one word you would use to describe our team right now?

AHMA

Grass doesnt grow on a playground

Hawaiian Punch and ring dings

Waking up every Monday morning knowing I have to spend 2-5 hours coming up with shit to get my TPE for the week

5. What are your thoughts on the Chicago Blackhawks winning the Connor Bedard sweepstakes?

I only like Chicago when they are playing Detroit, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Los Angeles, Dallas, or Montreal.  So I dont care.

Jesus and his disciples

Creamy.  Crunchy tears up bread

8. I’ve been getting back into playing Payday 2, so in the same vein as last week’s TV question: do you have a favorite video game? If so, what is it?

Techno Bowl

A1: I'm gonna say it...I'm gonna say it! HC Davos Dynamo is a Juggernaut. 

A2: If you're ever feeling disheartened, that you're somehow not enough. Set your heart ablaze.

A3: My player is from Mississauga so I think it's only logical to return home for the first time in countless seasons and parade around the city.

A4: The people. As cheesy as it might sound I feel like I've met some great, creative people and hopefully, I'll get my name on a trophy alongside some of them this season!

A5: As long as it wasn't actually rigged I am fine with it. Just slightly annoyed. Hopefully, they do right by Bedard and have a healthy place for him and his future teammates to thrive in.

A8: I'm a story mode kind of guy and I think the Dragon Age series is one of the best storylines, It's also really cool that you can customize your choices so each playthrough is slightly different depending on the choices you make in other games.

Ecstatic! 4 wins in a row! We believed we were able to do it and we did it.

Poutine in the Cup with a champagne bottle. Perfect mix.

Little cheesy that after Toews and Kane getting out of there, they get the best prospect to restart the franchise.

Patrick Roy, Barack Obama and Tom Cruise. All for different reasons, but I'm sure there will be a lot of action!

Crunchy. But both are good even if I prefer Nutella on my toasts.

At the moment I've been playing Tape to Tape (hockey game) and the Far Cry series. 

Tough, proven, gritty, strong, elite.

David.

Going absolutely crazy! oh wait that'd be me

Davos. Wouldn't be here for such a long time if not for Davos.

FUCK CHICAGO GO TO HELL AND BURN THERE YOU FKING CNTS

Olli Jokinen, Saku Koivu and Carey Price

8. I’ve been getting back into playing Payday 2, so in the same vein as last week’s TV question: do you have a favorite video game? If so, what is it

On 5/22/2023 at 8:49 AM, kirbithan said:

1. ... Well, I really should have done this earlier. How about despondent?

2. "Space: the final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Enterprise. Its continuing mission: to explore strange new worlds; to seek out new life and new civilizations; to boldly go where no one has gone before!"

4. I like when my imaginary man's little numbers go bigger.

5. They shouldn't have even been eligible. The fact that this despicable franchise has seen such minimal consequences for the behaviour they enabled is disgusting.

7. Always been a creamy guy. I don't generally want my sandwiches crunchy.

8. It's varied over the course of my life. It's been Half-Life 2, the Witcher 3, Crusader Kings 2, Europa Universalis 3, Victoria 2... The list goes on. The best I've played in years was Disco Elysium.

On 5/22/2023 at 8:49 AM, kirbithan said:

1. Good but wasn’t good enough I know that’s more then one word but idc

3. go home and use the day with the cup around friends and family to celebrate with those who supported them the whole way 

4. the community and how there’s basically always something to do 

5. good for them, interesting to see how his talent will translate to the show

6. George Washington, Tom Brady and Tom Cruise

7. Creamy, Crunchy breaks whatever you put it on 

Week Of May 28th 2023 - June 4th 2023

1. A heartbreaking end to S88, but we’ll be back at it again with this core of players in a few weeks! What do you do to keep yourself busy during the off-season?

2. Are you happy with your performance over the course of the season? What would you improve?

3. How does your player spend their free time?

4. What are your thoughts on the VHL point task system? Is there anything you’d add or change?

5. What is one thing about sim leagues that confuses you or you’d like to learn more about, if any?

6. Which of the remaining teams are you rooting for to win the Stanley Cup?

7. Name a fictional character you relate to!

8. Favorite ice cream flavor?

1. A heartbreaking end to S88, but we’ll be back at it again with this core of players in a few weeks! What do you do to keep yourself busy during the off-season?

Smoking dope, robbing liquor stores, and jacking cars

2. Are you happy with your performance over the course of the season? What would you improve?

Could have helped beat London 

Strict training regiment

4. What are your thoughts on the VHL point task system? Is there anything you’d add or change?

Now that I’m getting a taste of regression, I dont like it.  All that work to be taken away.  F that!  Next player is going to be welfare the whole time.  

5. What is one thing about sim leagues that confuses you or you’d like to learn more about, if any?

If I was smart enough with the algorithms and what got a player better, I’d have a kick ass player.

Florida

Speedy Gonzalez

vanilla

7 minutes ago, kirbithan said:

1. sleep until the preseason 
2. no Im a piece of trash who play okay and im old now. 

3. sleeping everyday every night every tiem 

4. I want more for less job to do so yeah idk if thats possible also SBA/EFL Job Pay affiliate 
5. the memebrs confuse me especially that Lemorse7 dude 

6. Dallas for NHL and Boston for NBA 
7. Idk the best looking one 
8. Cherry Garcia Ben and Jerry Ice cream is my kryptonite 

A1: I've been playing a bit of my NHL 23 San Jose Sharks franchise mode recently.

A2: I'm very happy with how I did. I always get off to a slow start but I came alive during the playoffs and could've been considered a MVP.

A3: Aside from Training. I like to imagine he games often and probably hosts Movie nights for his friends and teammates.

A4: I'd love to see Dallas make a comeback and win but I'm pretty sure Florida will win this season.

A5: I'm gonna go with Ken Kaneki from Tokyo Ghoul. He's kinda a shy dude to start, but he's really nice and soft-spoken.

A6: I recently discovered Caramilk Icecream. Caramilk is one of my favorite chocolate bars and their Ice Cream is pretty TOP! 

Hope we will be back! So close in those last two seasons, it sucks! I will be buys training and getting mentally prepare to do better.

Of course not. The only positive thing is that I got less penalty minutes... I've let down my team offensively while being less physical. Need to go back to train.

Motorcycle at hight speed. Reading books and playing basketball and spikeball.

I would prefer Dallas. Too much shenanigans in Vegas (Fleury,Pacioretty,Eichel) to love their management. And Florida... *vomit sound*

Wolverine. Live in Canada, ride a motorcycle, want peace (most of the time that he's not pissed off) and love to drink hahaha!

Something with hazelnuts. after that mint and pistachio.

5 hours ago, kirbithan said:

1. I have two kids under 4, I don't need to do anything to keep myself busy.

2. I wasn't shooting as much as I'd like, and therefore wasn't scoring as much as I'd like.

4. I've never been that big on PTs, in general. I understand why they exist, and I know it can be challenging to drive engagement without them. I just find they're largely time sinks. What percentage of users even read other people's media?

6. Vegas. I have a soft spot for people that overcame spinal injuries.

7. Atticus Finch. He is a great example of a positive male role model who eschews aggressive behavior.

8. Chocolate chip cookie dough. Love those little chunks.

Wait for the season to start

It's okay. Would have preferred more

I like it. I don't know what to change.

Been here long enough, so none.

Florida. Was rooting for Dallas, bu they unfortunately lost. Fuck Vegas, damn upstarts. Fuck Chicago.

Liquorice