HC Davos Dynamo Press Conference

ShawnGlade

On 8/5/2024 at 9:43 PM, kirbithan said:

orV41eH.png.9e6a12b96a7a43f277fe55473ebe2ea6.png?format=webp&quality=lossless

You ONLY have to answer 6 of the 8 questions
Week Of August 4th 2024 - August 11th 2024

1. A new season is upon us! What is one goal you want to accomplish with your player for S95?

2. We have also just come off another exciting draft with some familiar faces joining the squad! Thoughts on Davos’ newest prospects?

3. If a VHL award were to be named after your player, what statistic would it be awarded for?

4. What STHS attributes are you focusing on this season?

5. What is the story behind your VHL username?

6. What is one thing you would implement to STHS if given the chance?

7. Are you participating in VHFL this season?

8. Spotify or Apple Music?

1. To try and win Rookie of the year award!

2. Some excellent players who will come and replace the old guys

4. The big four

5. Its a nickname i got in school

7. I am!

8. Spotify all the way

On 8/5/2024 at 2:43 PM, kirbithan said:

1. A new season is upon us! What is one goal you want to accomplish with your player for S95?

2. We have also just come off another exciting draft with some familiar faces joining the squad! Thoughts on Davos’ newest prospects?

3. If a VHL award were to be named after your player, what statistic would it be awarded for?

1. To be productive as a rookie and help NY win which I have sorta done but I’m a passenger too much 

2.good players and even better members definitely a home run draft for you

3. most games with a point while still being a minus player in the game 

4. scoring and defense are my main points this season 

5. my initials the fact that I did stats for teams in high school and college and my best friends jersey number which is been a shared thing now

8. I like Spotify better but I use both 

On 8/5/2024 at 2:43 PM, kirbithan said:

1. Same thing I do every season - try to take the world. 

3. Most starts by a backup. 

5. My name is George, I'm unemployed and I live with my parents. 

6. Make giveaway and takeaway tracking work properly. 

7. No, I always lose track and just slow my draft down.

8. YouTube premium

Week Of August 11th 2024 - August 18th 2024

1. We have finished up all our backup starts with a promising record! Thoughts on our performance thus far this season?

2. If you are participating in VHFL, who was your first pick this season? Even if you didn’t sign up, who would you have drafted with your first pick?

3. Who is your way-too-early Davos MVP candidate?

4. What contributes more to winning championships: offense or defense?

5. How would you describe your player in one word?

6. Do you enjoy meme player names?

7. Did you watch the Olympics this year? If so, what was your favorite sport to watch?

8. Do you have any pets?

1. We have finished up all our backup starts with a promising record! Thoughts on our performance thus far this season?

Since I am crashing your press conference , I will say that Simon has been too good to you so far this season and your luck will run out soon.  Hopefully Simon takes offense and puts a curse on Davos like it did to Vancouver.

2. If you are participating in VHFL, who was your first pick this season? Even if you didn’t sign up, who would you have drafted with your first pick?

Severn Targaryen was my first pick in the draft.  I felt that I needed to pick a player who is going to help lead me to the 6 tpe so I took a gamble with Sev.

Its never too early to pick David Jokinen.  He’s a legend and is the MVP of all time for Davos.  There’s no one like him.

Offense is the major contributor because you gotta have more goals than the other team.  It’s like saying what came first, the chicken or the egg.  Good luck!

Big ass pussy.   OK that’s 3 words but I had to say it because in order for me to get the 2 tpe I have to make sure the answers are more than one word as I’ve been denied before for not putting enough effort into the answers… 

Sure, I dont mind any player names as long as they are short and easy to spell so if I happen to include them in my articles I can do so without having to go back and look up to make sure I spell things right.

7. Did you watch the Olympics this year? If so, what was your favorite sport to watch?

I probably watched 20 minutes total of the Olympics this year.  I just wasnt into it like I have been in the past.  The athletes are the greatest in the world and deserve a lot of credit to be there and win medals.  

8. Do you have any pets?

Of course!  We have a St. Bernard / poodle mix.  Its officially called a St Berdoodle.  She’s a spoiled 60 pound runt who hogs the bed, especially when we are camping.  Her only flaw is that she has seizures every week to three weeks.  Feel sorry for her but vet says it hurts us more than her.

Looking good, very promising. Making great progress towards becoming a top team once again!

Callum Gary Yannick Janser. I hope he'll have a monster season.

GRIMGOR! IRONHIDE! WAAAAAAGH!

Loyal

Sure, as long as they're in good taste.

Hell yeah I did! I'm sad it ended already :( my fav sport was beach volleyball, tennis close second

8. Do you have any pets?

2 hours ago, kirbithan said:

A winning record is always something to be proud of, now we can really focus on climbing the standings!

Bucatini is making a strong case to be the MVP early on.

Defense, being able to consistently stop the puck from going in your net is very important.

Hungry

I do, it's always interesting to see a funny name at the top of the stat board.

8. Do you have any pets?

Two cats, both over 20 pounds and not fat.

Really better than anticipated, so that's really good!

Defense, why do you think I recreate as a defenseman? (joke haha)

Clutch

Not really. I know there is a "meaning" behind it, but I don't really like them.

Gymnastics and fencing were cool to watch!

8. Do you have any pets?

Yes a cat. Had a fish some years ago.

It's great! Europe is a strong conference this season, but I think we're showing we belong with the best so far.

Why, of course I had to stick with Davos and pick Grimgor Ironhide! The big man's had fewer hits than I would have expected so far honestly, but I'm happy.

Other than MVP Johnny Elgar? Jokinen's really showing up distributing the puck so far this season, it'd be great to send him out with an award for most assists.

I really, really, really, really don't. I think the league's more fun with some semblance of realism, and the meme names just take me out of it.

Of course I did. And honestly, I watched a lot more track & field this year than I have in years past. The storylines and personalities were really compelling, and just running is something you feel like you should be able to do well - but of course I'm nowhere near their league.

8. Do you have any pets?

I've got two dogs! Both corgi mix rescues named Kit and Hazel, Hazel is even my profile pic on Discord. They're good pups.

On 8/12/2024 at 7:29 PM, kirbithan said:

8. Do you have any pets?

1. I think it went well! Just need to keep it going

2. My first pick was Sjin, but he was retired so went with Diego Machado

3. Grimogor!

4. Defense!

6. I do!

8. Not currently

On 8/12/2024 at 12:29 PM, kirbithan said:

8. Do you have any pets?

1. You guys are doing pretty good but Simon is Simon so anything can change quickly 

2.i didn’t participate but i probably would have gone with Targaryen 

3. Grimgor or Jokinen would be my picks but 

4. depends a great goalie can bail out a lackluster offense but a great offense can also bail out a inconsistent goalie so it’s even to me 

7. yes I did i watched more of the women’s soccer then I thought I would but mostly due to the U.S. kept winning 

8. yes I have a Greyhound named Grizzly and he’s a good boy 

On 8/12/2024 at 12:29 PM, kirbithan said:

8. Do you have any pets?

2. I usually just look at who was best last season. It's not super effective. 

4. Defense - you score more goals when you get the puck back. 

5. Breathtaking 

6. Me, the user behind Giorgiy Costanzov, James Teekirque and Kosmo Kramerev?

7. I watched a bit. I've always enjoyed Olympic swimming. 

8. Two cats. One orange maniac, one longhaired princess. 

Week Of August 18th 2024 - August 25th 2024

1. As of Monday (August 19th), we are 23 games into the regular season! How do you feel about your player’s performance? Is it what you were expecting going into S95?

2. If you could add or change anything about the VHL, what would it be and why?

3. In your opinion, what is the least important attribute overall in terms of building your player (besides LD)?

4. If you had to choose one VHL player to build your franchise around, who would it be and why?

5. If your player was a Jedi, what color lightsaber would they have?

6. What is your most controversial sim league opinion?

7. I’ve recently learned that quite a few members don’t follow the NHL! Do you watch and keep up with NHL hockey?

8. What brought you to the VHL and what encouraged you to stay an active member of the league?

1. As of Monday (August 19th), we are 23 games into the regular season! How do you feel about your player’s performance? Is it what you were expecting going into S95?

Doing alright, can't complain too much. Always wish I could have a bit more scoring and a few more wins, but it's pretty in line with expectations.

3. In your opinion, what is the least important attribute overall in terms of building your player (besides LD)?

Well of course that's because LD is the most important. As somebody who holds the single season hits record, I'm still curious how much Checking actually adds. I'm not going super heavy with it with Bucatini.

4. If you had to choose one VHL player to build your franchise around, who would it be and why?

Give me any OrbitingDeath player, really. You're going to get a good member, who's pretty loyal, and always a top earner.

Purple, of course. Give me the Davos Force, where the power of Jedi David propels me forward.

I've always said commissioners, simmers and developers should be paid, like real life money from donations. If it's essentially a part-time job to do this stuff, they should be compensated accordingly.

7. I’ve recently learned that quite a few members don’t follow the NHL! Do you watch and keep up with NHL hockey?

I don't really, actually. I'll follow the Wild (where I live) and the Flyers (where I'm from) and go to games occasionally, but I'm nowhere near up on the daily games across the league.

Could be better, could be worse. I think I'm starting to finally output.

I would want more 'extra' ways to earn TPE. Outside of the weekly tasks its been kinda bare and boring lately.

DC. Hands down.

Johnny Tsunami. Get that passing core around him and just set up some sick feeds.

Blue baby!

Get rid of the VHLE. It's a boring, 1 year layover. Make it the European division in the VHLM and make the VHLM cutoff what the current VHLE cutoff is. More meaningful impact and time in the minors. 

30 minutes ago, kirbithan said:

8. What brought you to the VHL and what encouraged you to stay an active member of the league?

howdy, crashing your PC

1.  I am hit or miss on Ninefingers performance.  Just seems like he should be better.  He starts each season slow and then picks up  so hopefully I will get hot soon.

2.  Free Full Cap TPE at least two weeks of off season-  tough to stay motivated to write when off season drags

3. Fighting-  Seems it has no effect on amount of fights.  Last player I had points in fighting and some season got zero brawls

4.  Probably a defender like Skor McFlueury, Jacob Stone, or Jake Thunder.  Good defenders are a must

5.   Silver 

7.  yep,  as many games as I can

8. Youtube clip brought me to forum and it took me several days to commit after clicking the Create player button dozens of times.  The community and eagerness to see my player improve made me stay

About and around the expectations. Pretty much PPG pace, bit over. But not enough shots blocked, I'd like to see more of those.

Discipline

Current players? Probably the player with the most TPE, Axle Gunner.

purple!!!!!! of course :D

#YeetTheE! get rid of it already

That's really surprising 😮 i find it hard to believe. And of course I do!

I had a big start in the VHLE, but now I'm a bit in a slump. 5 big teams so we will need to take the next step and I hope I will be a part of it.

Fighting if you want to score! But if you look at my old player I used it.

The goalies are really strong, don't know who is the best at the moment (since Summers is retired now)? 

Probably green! Would fit the name Desjardins (in english it's "garden").

Of course! Big hockey fan and I'm in a lot of pools so I have to follow it.

Fan of hockey as I'm only in hockey simulated leagues. I have fun in the league mostly on discord even if I'm not a lot on the forum.

On 8/19/2024 at 11:21 AM, kirbithan said:

Week Of August 18th 2024 - August 25th 2024

1 my player sucks but I’m only a rookie so hoping to get better 

3.  I think checking is pretty dumb and I don’t know if it has any impact at all 

4. a good goalie like Summers would be my first choice 

5. like a dark blue almost a navy 

7. yes I do follow the NHL quite a bit 

8. I found it because of a YouTube add and the community is what keeps me here

Grimgor is doing quite well, however, I did expoect a bit more of a physical game from him this season. Point wise, I still hope to see him get close that 100 mark.

I would abolish VHL and leave only VHLE and VHLM around, that is the best way to keep this league running.

Skating, it is for chumps. Skating only makes you take the puck around like a dog not willing to give the ball away to anyone, it is real wack.

Grimgor Ironhide. He is the GOAT.

Red, not because he would align with Sith or any of the less positive figures but because it is Grimgor's favourite colour.

GM job is vastly overrated. It is 99.5% all about the players and GM is really just a placeholder who welds them together. 

Week Of August 25th 2024 - September 1st 2024

1. Theme Week is upon us and the theme is “rookie”! Will you be participating?

2. At this point in the season, who is your early nomination for Davos team MVP?

3. Which team do you believe has been Davos’ biggest rival this season?

4.  How many goals do you think your player could score in a season with a wooden stick?

5. If you were commissioner of the VHL for the day, what would be the first thing you do?

6. The NHL 25 cover athletes have been revealed and it's the Hughes brothers! Thoughts?

7. Tell us one interesting/fun fact about yourself that we may not know already!

8. Does pineapple belong on pizza?

Edited by kirbithan

I will! I already have an article idea, but you'll just have to wait and see what it is.

2. At this point in the season, who is your early nomination for Davos team MVP?

I don't get cute with my MVP picks, it's Grimgor. More goals, more points than anyone else on the team, he's a big reason we're in 4th right now.

Seeing as how we're on track to face Warsaw on the Wild Card, I've been keeping an eye on our games so far this season. They've been competitive too, I think it'd be a good series.

4.  How many goals do you think your player could score in a season with a wooden stick?

I want to say around the same number, around 25 or so. But then I remember that Bucatini led the league in hits taken last season and, well, a lot of broken wood ahead for me.

7. Tell us one interesting/fun fact about yourself that we may not know already!

I've been to 41 of the 50 U.S. states, hoping for a road trip to knock a few more off in the near future sometime soon.

I like it so sure, but more than that - if it doesn't make you sick, go crazy. I'm not here to gatekeep toppings, whatever makes people happy.

28 minutes ago, kirbithan said:

Hell Yes!  Need that delicious TPE

Gotta be Grimgor.  He's a beast and a player I "tried" to mold Ninefingers like.  It's not working!   lol

Vancouver!!!  Nah, probably Moscow or Riga for y'all

Well...I played with a wooden stick growing up for a short time before aluminum came out.  And I didn't score many

5. If you were commissioner of the VHL for the day, what would be the first thing you do?

Give free 12 TPE to everyone for two weeks of off season to recharge 

6. The NHL 25 cover athletes have been revealed and it's the Hughes brothers! Thoughts?

I like it.  They are studs.  Thought it would someone from Florida but happy with it...just not happy with EA NHL for the last few years

Im left handed

Rarely

1 hour ago, kirbithan said:

Week Of August 25th 2024 - September 1st 2024

1. Yes i will be!

2. Hmm, I think i'd have to say Grimgor

4. 0 since im a goalie LOL

5. Make Davos the only purple team and force fake purple to get a redesign

6. Its ight, Fun that they got the 3 brothers on it who are young

8. Yes, on specific pizzas, cant add it to what ever

Yeah sure! We'll see what I come up with.

I would go with Jokinen! Big offensive production for a defenseman and he's also good on the defensive side.

For this season probably Moscow. They got the best of Davos a couple of times this season.

As a defenseman it won't make a big impact, but I'm sure I can score my share of goals. I'm at 11 goals in 38 games, so at least half that.

Really nice! They are young and all really good so it's fun!

Fuck no, that's one of the worst things you can put in there!