Idea to make the VHL Better

Matt_O

When I joined this league, I thought it was really cool. I still do, but now I can work my way around things very easily. Doing things such as checking the website a few times a day to check if I have messages or notifications, and collecting my TPE is pretty much automatic at this point. I think if the VHL set up a remind, it would make things easier for everyone, especially for new members. I don't think this website is tough to navigate, but it would be one million times easier if we used the remind app.

If you don't know what remind is, it is a messaging app where a person can create a group that people can join, and the person that made the group can send out messages to the others in the group, to "remind" them of things. This is used for school and sports teams a lot, and is very helpful. I think if we got someone to make a group, and every day they could message that days VHL games and results, or about certain point tasks, or reminders about certain events. This would make things for new members so much easier to begin to start collecting TPE. When I started, I was really confused, even after reading the How to get TPE article about five times. If we got a remind, and alerted everyone in the VHL community about certain point tasks and events coming up, it would be much easier and effective, and probably would result in more people being active, since they know when things are happening. Thanks for coming to my TED talk

@McWolf

@Beaviss

@Beketov

@Quik

Edited by Matt_O

I understand where you're going with this, but most of us use the VHL discord, and the channel "newcomer help" for the same purpose. If you're not already on the discord, we'd love to have you!! 

Yea, I don't know if a separate app is the best option but like Stoff said most of us are in the discord which is pretty active. Could maybe have a bot assign roles to people, and if they have that role once a week they could be @ed for a reminder.

@Matt_O

Just wanted to send you a reminder that I responded to this post, because you know, the tagging feature works identically to a reminder feature so that if you log in, you get notified of whatever it is someone is trying to let you know. Like the fact that we don't need a reminder feature, because we have this, chat and the Discord for tons of notifications, reminders and other tagging. Thanks for the suggestion though.