Evgeni Komarov dilema [1/2]

Gooningitup

Litterly 2 days before the draft, i made an announcement. I did not want to play for a contender. My career would be defined hopping from bad team to bad team.

The goal behind this was to rack up hits, PIMs, and Shots blocked. In shock to no one i fell despite my great reputation in the league. In no shock i was scooped up by a contender, @Beaviss and the Quebec Muete thought hey lets use a 3rd and trade him for a better asset later. It worked as Quebec fleeced the Seattle Bears GM @Banackock. Acquiring a 2nd round pick for the defender. Mission accomplished for the Muete. As they pulled off the biggest lopsided trade of 2019, trading a player for a 2nd when the player will not dress a game for the Bears in their current state.

Problem is somehow instead of moving to a rebuild, he moved to the number 2 team in the league. This shocked Komarov, the Bears have tried to convince him to stay but he doesn't appear to have budged on his plan.  Which mean the ball is now in Seattle's court to see if they can move him out. When asked about what was going on Komarov had this to say "это простой запрос, непонятно, почему команды не понимают" the translation this is a simple request, it is not clear why the teams do not understand.

Komarov will stay at 199TPE, which this article will out him at. If by the end of the season he is not in his desired state he may choose to retire. Part of the issue became that prospects have 0 rights. They sign 3 seasons or are forced to sit out until they give in. Its left him signing a deal he never wanted and hoping that the team can do what he desires.

Thankfully due to stronger drafts Komarov found new power by stopping updates, now teams are unlikely to call up players with low TPE. This seems petty, Komarov family has been insanely loyal to every team he has played for. However he will step away, he will. Evgeni Komarov will be my last player, if he retires early it would be a disappointing end to a agents career.

Time will tell what occurs but the saga of the mini russian could come to a close much sooner than expected. Evgeni Komarov currently with the Lynx sits 8th in points, 2nd in shots blocked, first in hits, and first in PIMs. He is playing with an edge that strikes fear into his opponents hearts. It would be a shame to see his talent wasted, and see the last of the great Komarovs leave to Russia due to a simple request. To date Vladimir Komarov was a ferocious defensive defender who still sits on Davos best players list for Hits, PIMs, SB, and games played. Pavel Komarov, the two way center turned, two way defensemen put up solid points though never really reached his full potential. Sergei Komarov, the hulking Russian put up just over a PPG, well racking up hits, and penalty minutes. He was a force on the ice and the best of the family. Evgeni the mini tank legacy is yet to be known.

To be fair I did ask you for a list of teams and you didn't give me one or say anything after I sent you three seperate messages three seperate times. I waited 5 days and then traded you to the team I got the most value from. I tried to work with your request but you didn't give me a list.

• Commissioner

It’s been awhile since I read the rules on it because they are so rarely used but I believe if you refuse to sign you can go to arbitration / FA. Isn’t that what happened with @Devise and Riga?

1 hour ago, Beketov said:

It’s been awhile since I read the rules on it because they are so rarely used but I believe if you refuse to sign you can go to arbitration / FA. Isn’t that what happened with @Devise and Riga?

Not sure about Devise - I think he was just mistakenly left off the Draft board, so hedge got him later than he probably should have lol

Re: Holdouts

On 7/13/2016 at 6:57 PM, Will said:

3.2 – Holdouts

• Any player who elects to hold out will not be eligible to play in either the VHL or VHLM until they have signed a VHL contract
  • If the player is a draftee, the team that has drafted their rights has the ability to take them to salary arbitration 
  • The team holding the player’s rights has the ability to trade their rights to another team if they cannot reach a new contract
  • If the player already has a contract signed they will have to sit out their contract if no deal can be reached 
  • A player with a signed contract that elects to holdout will not have their contract count against the salary cap 
  • A player may end their holdout at any time 
  • Holdouts will be monitored by the commissioners to ensure that both parties are working towards a productive conclusion. If one or both parties is not working towards a conclusion, additional steps may be taken at the discretion of the commissioners. 

So @Gooningitup can hold out if he'd like, but would mean he can't play either VHL or VHLM. If he doesn't go over the cap, then he could just stay in the VHLM, unless @Banackock calls him up, and then walk as a FA after S66.

8 hours ago, Beaviss said:

To be fair I did ask you for a list of teams and you didn't give me one or say anything after I sent you three seperate messages three seperate times. I waited 5 days and then traded you to the team I got the most value from. I tried to work with your request but you didn't give me a list.

I did reply, and gave who i felt would fit. Actually lol. The 2 messages i didnt reply too were Seattles interested(why would i they are a top team). And if id stick it out. 

Both of which i had made clear even in the LR before Evgeni was to be drafted. 

Essentially had a season to trade me. 

2 hours ago, Exlaxchronicles said:

Unfortunately I guess you won't be replacing me when I retire at the end of this season. Too bad, as you would have been a great Seattle player to fill my shoes.

Normally id never even ask to be traded. Or make special requests. Vlad went down with Davos, the only reason Pavel was traded is i stepped down as GM. And Sergei was just in New Yorks best interest. 

I wanted to go out having fun with Evgeni and do something no one evers done as an active. But so far ive just kinda been stuck on contenders

36 minutes ago, Gooningitup said:

Normally id never even ask to be traded. Or make special requests. Vlad went down with Davos, the only reason Pavel was traded is i stepped down as GM. And Sergei was just in New Yorks best interest. 

I wanted to go out having fun with Evgeni and do something no one evers done as an active. But so far ive just kinda been stuck on contenders

Just want to point out this isn't entirely true...one of @Tagger's players did this for most, but not all of his career. Edwin Encarnacion I think?

3 minutes ago, flyersfan1453 said:

Just want to point out this isn't entirely true...one of @Tagger's players did this for most, but not all of his career. Edwin Encarnacion I think?

In terms of player goals, yeah for the most part I was predominantly focused on my hits, sbs and PIMs (hence why I lead all defenseman in the career stats for those categories and fuck anyone who points out I don't actually have the SB record cause that guy played 9 seasons and I was less than 20 off his record) and I did predominantly play on rebuilding teams.

I would say though that Evgeni's approach to his goal is more pure than mine. I was past 70 scoring and passing early on in my career while Evgeni is still in his 40's in both, and I didn't actually add anything to fighting until my fifth season (didn't stop me getting into fights mind you) while Evgeni's already at 70. It was really only after I did my TPE re-roll in my seventh season that I had attributes built purely towards hitting those goals I set myself.

5 hours ago, Gooningitup said:

I get ya. Still would've been fun if I could have shared line duties with you and Thunder fist...three scrappy bastards on the blue line!

• Head Moderator
17 hours ago, Gooningitup said:

Imagine if an NHL player said this haha.

"Man I wish good teams would stop trying to acquire me." hahahah

Review:

Definitely a funny way to play out a career, but a great way to try and rack up in those other stat categories. A good way to become a leader in all-time shot blocks, etc if you can stay on bad teams.

It would also be interested if somebody did this as a GM with their GM player, to surround their good player with shittier ones and see if he can rack up points. :lol:

• DollarAndADream changed the title to Evgeni Komarov dilema [1/2]
  • 1 year later...