Leave of Absence Pension

Stoffiday

Howdy Folks, Stoff here!

I had an idea for a pension plan for those of us that have to take leaves of absence for school or work or just....life in general. 

My idea is this: If a player knows they may be leaving for a bit, but still wish to participate at a later time, they could sign up for the pension plan.

This pension plan would credit 1 TPE to their account automatically each week.

To sign up, the player would fill out the following form in the appropriate thread (To be created later.)

Player Name:

Date of Leave:

Reason for Leave (Brief):

Expected Return (If Known): 

The rules are as followed:

• Must have at least 100 TPE at the time of the leave.
  • Leave will grant 1 TPE per week during the time of departure.
  • 10 week Maximum (10 TPE)
  • Can be reapplied for each season.
  • If extenuating circumstances arise, 10 week maximum can be extended on a case-by-case basis.
  • If player returns from leave during pension, but needs to go on leave again during the same season, they are eligible for the remaining weeks of TPE.
  • Leave may be revoked due to breach of honor system/bans/forum activity consistent with return.

Any thoughts, comments, or suggestions are appreciated.

I don't even think that small enough would be worth it and if it were higher, you'd have members leaving and joining under a new name tbh.

See the point of the idea, don't think it should really be adapted to the league imo. 

Having welfare and practice automated for those on a real vacation make sense, but having it at such a low TPE doesn't really make it worth while. 

For someone who is travelling with limited data / no phone at all - well - this makes perfect sense. As someone who doesn't travel with their phone (I've only got a basic plan with almost no data in comparison to more expensive plans) this would be an asset. I used to go camping every summer for nearly a month, with both sides of my family. Reunions and the annual camping spot rotated nicely with my schedule at the time (shame I don't have that time anymore). 

Would have been perfect for that occasion. 

Anywho. 

Automate welfare and practice for 5 or 6 TPE and have the system (like the awards prediction points) award it. 

• Commissioner
4 hours ago, Eudaldkp said:

I agree with the others, posting welfare takes just 30s+updating it, I don't feel like it's needed. 1tpe is veery low anyways.

Plus even the update is the part that takes awhile and once you’ve claimed it in the topic you can completely wait to update until later.

13 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Plus even the update is the part that takes awhile and once you’ve claimed it in the topic you can completely wait to update until later.

True, didn't even think about it. In the end I'm sure people can find 30 spare seconds in a week to post in the welfare thread.

Part of the point of having people post in the Welfare thread/Practice Facility is to make sure people are getting on the board and (ideally) participating in other conversations. Getting welfare TPE despite not showing up for weeks at a time runs counter to that.