Semi-Finals 1 - Game 5: Toronto vs Seattle

Devise

• Commissioner
2 minutes ago, hedgehog337 said:

Helsinki vs Toronto finals

who would've even thought.

I mean it’s not yet but it’s still possible which is crazy.

We did split the regular season against Toronto so we knew it wouldn’t be easy but it’s ridiculous that we’ve outshot them 5 straight games and are down 3-2.

Just now, Beketov said:

We did split the regular season against Toronto so we knew it wouldn’t be easy but it’s ridiculous that we’ve outshot them 5 straight games and are down 3-2.

If Stopko isn't a first ballot HoF after this, idk what he needs to do then lol.

3 minutes ago, Beketov said:

It’s ridiculous that it happens every seasons. Consistently am I losing to lesser teams for fluke reasons (Stopko is the reason they’re up). 99 shots in a count? You bet your ass he stopped 97 of them. 

6 minutes ago, Beketov said:

To be fair it's not like Toronto is "lacking." I'm not saying I don't think Seattle/Riga are arguably the two best teams, the regular season bore that fruit. But being the best team in the regular season and winning in the playoffs have never been direct links. We all know you just need star power in important positions or some sort of edge in the playoffs. Again as you say though it's not over so anything can happen. That said, I did go for Stopko because the goalie pool was still young enough that I thought him being the best goalie + the rest of Toronto's team strength could matter. 

I guess I'm just saying I don't think it's all that flukey. Seattle is better but not by leaps and bounds. Our top two forwards are just as star power as yours, and Stopko IS the best goalie in the sim. Those advantages can matter in the playoffs, as this series has proven, at least thus far. Although the back and forth wild scoring games were so weird, this tight one goal games with both goalies playinig well is honestly what I was expecting from much of this series. Even this game had more goals than I'd of figured we score against each other. 

Edited by Devise

Just now, Banackock said:

Whenever I’ve had the better goalie, I lose. When I had the lesser goalie, well.. ask @DollarAndADream what happened. STHS picks and chooses. 

I'm not disputing you there. It's why I just went with a team that I thought had playoff strengths, because in the playoffs all you need is some sort of edge and then you never know. I am being seriously honest when I say that I believe that any single one of Quebec, Helsinki, Riga, Toronto and Seattle could win it all this year. You could run the sim 100 times, and you'd get instances where each time wins it all. I think the more times you run that, the more the numbers would reflect a Seattle or Riga win. But I don't think it's consistent enough to say they'd each win 3 or 4 times out of 10. It's more like they'd each win the heavy majority out of 100. But at some point you'll run into weirdness of Helsinki winning several seasons in the row, or Quebec for example. 

It's a big reason why we needed to expand to be honest. It was evident even before we discussed it. League parity right now is turning into NHL levels, where it's pretty much make the playoffs and then see what happens. It has sometimes been like that, but usually you could split up the competing teams. This was the first season where I legitimately gave every team a shot at any series in every playoffs. Quebec almost upset us with QUE G in net. Teams are just way closer this season than I think people wanted to admit. 

4 hours ago, Beketov said:

4 hours ago, Banackock said:

It’s ridiculous that it happens every seasons. Consistently am I losing to lesser teams for fluke reasons (Stopko is the reason they’re up). 99 shots in a count? You bet your ass he stopped 97 of them. 

In this case it makes sense. I watched all the games, man. All of Seattle's shots have been right at the goalie and garbage shots. Toronto's have all been top quality.

• Commissioner
3 minutes ago, DollarAndADream said:

In this case it makes sense. I watched all the games, man. All of Seattle's shots have been right at the goalie and garbage shots. Toronto's have all been top quality.

Bitch I don’t have garbage shots :P