GM 40: New York Americans vs. Helsinki Titans

VHL Games

2 minutes ago, Devise said:

Helsinki badly needed this win honestly. 

Eh, far as we're concerned, this was game 1 of the season ? 

Nice 1st start for @Sonnet, and now he won't have to worry about playoff shenanigans haha

2 minutes ago, Quik said:

Eh, far as we're concerned, this was game 1 of the season ? 

Nice 1st start for @Sonnet, and now he won't have to worry about playoff shenanigans haha

I know you don't have faith in it but I'm telling you, Team Morale matters. Starting your back up the first 10 games of the season without enough wins could affect your team morale and cause your team to play worse. Streaks happen like that in STHS all the time. It's why I never have taken that gamble. Always best to play CPU against teams you think you can beat regardless, any bad losing streak can easily extend in STHS. Especially with the fickle scheduling.

But fair enough. I just think teams are way too close this season to be playing fast and loose with the back up as you guys did. But we'll see how it works out for you guys in the long run.

Edited by Devise

10 minutes ago, Devise said:

I know you don't have faith in it but I'm telling you, Team Morale matters. Starting your back up the first 10 games of the season without enough wins could affect your team morale and cause your team to play worse. Streaks happen like that in STHS all the time. It's why I never have taken that gamble. Always best to play CPU against teams you think you can beat regardless, any bad losing streak can easily extend in STHS. Especially with the fickle scheduling.

But fair enough. I just think teams are way too close this season to be playing fast and loose with the back up as you guys did. But we'll see how it works out for you guys in the long run.

We had a similar-ish start last season with a full roster. I know what you're saying, but losing streaks can be overcome. We'll see what happens, I guess