Mississauga AGM Hiring Thread

Gustav

Hello to all! I was recently selected as the new GM of the Mississauga Hounds, one of the league's new expansion teams. I'd like to get started, right away, by hiring an Assistant General Manager. This position is absolutely crucial to the success of the team--you'll be helping me scout, recruit, and draft (and, due to a fairly strict schedule, you may even be drafting the team for me--I'd prefer if you have lots of free time and can guarantee you'll be available over the next few weekends so this team has someone to announce their choices should I not be able to make it). 

I am super active on this site, though, and will do EVERYTHING I can to grab that Cup this upcoming season. 

Go Hounds.

EDIT: I'd like to announce that I've decided to fill the position. Coming into my job as GM, I would not say that I was at all expecting to be hired--I was one of the new guys in the group of contenders, and though I was active, I didn't even consider myself even a remote contender for the position. The same can be said about @Radcow, who I am pleased to announce as Mississauga's new AGM. 

For those of you who don't know him, Radcow's player, Beau Buefordsson, signed with the Houston Bulls a few days after the draft, and the guy has been everything a team could ask for in the locker room: friendly, helpful, supportive, not afraid to ask questions, and overall a very, very good person. While his site activity is a bit less than some of our other contenders for the position, what made the difference for me was the fact that he'd likely not even be so much as considered anywhere else, and that I'd be his best shot at reaching an AGM position for a while (a position which he's been wanting and asking about all year). He's qualified, he's smart, he's INCREDIBLY active in the locker room (a place where I learned just about everything about this site), and I am confident that he will be able to make some very good decisions for this team. Making this decision was very tough, however--I had a few other, particularly worthy candidates that seem very interested and very devoted to the site, and noticeably so enough that I cannot leave this thread without in good conscience recommending them for AGM positions under @Esso2264 or @InstantRockstar

1. @uphillmoss. My GM for World Juniors this season came into this thread with not just a recommendation, but a DOUBLE recommendation from two different GMs. He's super active, works with VSN already, and having played on his junior team, I can say that he will do everything he can to make a team better, and as a double "almost GM," both with Vegas and with expansion, he's right on the brink of making it big and can't wait for his shot.

2. @DMaximus. Here's another connection to my time with Team USA (and my main competition for "draft's best defenseman"). What many outside of Team USA may not know is that this guy went and wrote a script to analyze our team's stats on a much deeper level than STHS could provide. He might as well have been Team USA's AGM, and I believe that his level of activity, not just in quantity but in quality, speaks for itself. I can speak for his character and say that, even if you don't know who he is at all, he won't be a shot in the dark, and he'll put everything into helping your team's management.

@Banackock

Edited by GustavMattias
Filled position

You already know I want to apply. As you've seen in the Houston locker room all season I have been extremely active and done my best to keep others active as well. I definitely have the free time to do this and if I'm hired I will make sure this team is my absolute number one priority on this site. I understand if you want to go with someone more experienced that can show you the ropes and help with sths but I'm a fast learner and I guarantee you won't find anyone as dedicated. Either way I'm super happy for you and excited that you got the GM job because you really deserve it.

28 minutes ago, ShawnGlade said:

I give my personal recommendation to @uphillmoss, dude has been wanting to get into the game and he's active in the community

I’ll second this recommendation. He also has GM experience from the WJC and produces pod-casts for VSN.

Congrats on getting the GM position! If I'm being honest, I wouldn't recommend hiring me as your AGM. I think you should go with someone who has more experience with the sim engine and this league in general, but once in awhile you get shown the light in the strangest places if you look at it right.

I do think we'd work well together. We can share the women, we can share the wine...

I'll defend MIssissauga to the death, don't tell me this town ain't got no heart, I can hear it beat out loud.

So hire this friend of the devil and we can watch as some rise, some fall, some climb to get to Mississauga.

1 minute ago, uphillmoss said:

@GustavMattias thanks so much for the recommendation 

Not at all a problem! I'd recommend linking this thread in both of the other hiring threads because at this point you've been recommended three times here. You deserve an AGM job and I hope you get it. Good luck!