Mississauga Hounds Press Conference

Gustav

On 4/26/2020 at 11:24 AM, Zetterberg said:

Mississauga Hounds Press Conference week ending May 3 2020

1.  Unfortunately we aren’t making the playoffs this season, who do you think has the best chance at winning the title?

2. This season we had a lot of changes to the hounds including a new AGM and GM, do you have any ambitions on becoming a GM or AGM?

3. The draft is coming up! Where do you think you’ll place? Or if your not being drafted who do you think will be drafted first?

4. Now that the season is pretty much over we can reflect on our performance, would you change anything?

5. What is the first thing you’re doing after the the quarantine is lifted?

6. What is your favourite genre of music? What’s your favourite song?

1. Let's say Ottawa

2. Not right now. I'm really enjoying focusing on my player and finding my way in the community!

3. Heck if I know! If I stay, I'll be ready to go, if I go somewhere else, I'm ready to get there and get going!

4. Probably would've made a more unique build. Instead of just a scoring winger, something a little bit more unique.

5. This may seem weird, but I really miss uni, so that.

6. Rock/Soft (Billy Joel etc.) Favourite song is Piano Man!!

On 4/26/2020 at 11:24 AM, Zetterberg said:

Mississauga Hounds Press Conference week ending May 3 2020

1.  Unfortunately we aren’t making the playoffs this season, who do you think has the best chance at winning the title?

2. This season we had a lot of changes to the hounds including a new AGM and GM, do you have any ambitions on becoming a GM or AGM?

3. The draft is coming up! Where do you think you’ll place? Or if your not being drafted who do you think will be drafted first?

4. Now that the season is pretty much over we can reflect on our performance, would you change anything?

5. What is the first thing you’re doing after the the quarantine is lifted?

6. What is your favourite genre of music? What’s your favourite song?

1. Ottawa. They are scary. Though Yukon has been ON FIRE lately.

2. I have applied for several, and would love to be an AGM or GM one day. I have a ton of sim experience, just not a ton in VHL.

3. I plan to be in the top 5 among VHLM players. Give me that fat bonus check.

4. I led the team in scoring in my first season as a waiver acquisition. I could not have asked for more personally. As a team, we were pretty embarrassing. 

5. Make it rain at the bar.

6. Rap. But I listen to everything. Fav song right now, Godzilla by Eminem. 

1.If you had the opportunity to recreate your player, would you? And, if so, would you make the same position?

No. However, I do look forward to making a new player in time.

2.Do you have any interest in being on an episode of my podcast? (We always love having new guests)

I'm too shy!

3.Would you be open to doing/listening to a Hounds-only podcast episode?

Sure would, that would be awesome. a good idea to start for the new season.

4.What do you usually do for a point task each week (Media spot, graphic, podcast, or welfare) and why?

Media spot, press conference & practice. This week I learned there are theme doubles and fantasy topics for tpe, so I will try and do those too. 

5.Is there any other way you'd like to be able to earn your main amount of TPE per week?

More articles. I wouldnt mind dong two per week. I also think it would be fun to do 'post game interviews', where a player from the game does a brief post game interview with a reporter. Maybe I will do this starting next season for my team.

6.What keeps you around in this simulation?

I like the fun in the room and seeing results and growing my player. I'm not sure what will keep me long term, perhaps having a better player, playing at a higher level and the prospect of management in the future will do it.

Mississauga Hounds Press Conference week ending May 10 2020

1.  The first round of playoffs has been really close having only one team (Ottawa) move on so far, Who do you think has the best chance of beating Ottawa?

2. The VHL draft is coming up soon! What VHL team do you want to play for? If you've already been drafted who were you drafted too?

3. The off season can be a bit boring for teams I've defiantly noticed a drop in discord activity since the season ended do you have any suggestions to help keep players engaged?

4. How did you come across the VHL?

5. What's your favorite NHL team? Why?

6. Do you play any sports in IRL? Which ones?

1. Yukon Rush

2. I don't have a preference i would be happy to go anywhere

3. Maybe have extra TPE options available if possible

4. Twitter

5. Toronto. It has been ever since Ib was a child

6. None anymore. 

18 hours ago, Zetterberg said:

1.  The first round of playoffs has been really close having only one team (Ottawa) move on so far, Who do you think has the best chance of beating Ottawa?

2. The VHL draft is coming up soon! What VHL team do you want to play for? If you've already been drafted who were you drafted too?

3. The off season can be a bit boring for teams I've defiantly noticed a drop in discord activity since the season ended do you have any suggestions to help keep players engaged?

1. Long shot , gonna say the marlins

2. Any team really

3. Games such as evil apples, uno etc.

4. A game called hockey manager 2020

5. Detroit red wings because it is my states downtown also raised as one.

6. Golf in HS but basketball as hobby

19 hours ago, Zetterberg said:

I have no idea, so im gonna go with marlins.

2. The VHL draft is coming up soon! What VHL team do you want to play for? If you've already been drafted who were you drafted to?

Hounds or Marlins, maybe Lynx

I dont know, I'm not on discord

Web Search for hockey simulation games

Sabres. Hometown team.

Hockey and Baseball.

Yukon, at a guess.

I've not been drafted. I'd like to keep playing with the Hounds in VHLM. If I was drafted by a VHL club, well I was born in Ottawa, so maybe the Lynx would be ok.

Is there off season tournaments, like Olympics, WC's, etc? Other than that I dunno, I'm new so the magic hasnt worn off yet.

I think through something I saw looking at the Senators reddit. I will say that had i known about the game I would ave joined S1. As an avid hockey fan, I'm surprised it took so long to find it. Maybe the VHL needs to look at advertising that's easier to find for people not on facebook or twitter.

Ottawa Senators, as I was born in the city. Cheering for the Sens is a labour of love.

6. Do you play any sports in IRL? Which ones?

Yes, I play hockey (beer league now, I did play semi pro for a couple seasons), I used to play football (yankee and round ball), plus basketball, little league baselball & I ran 200m & 400m. I also did some snowshoe racing, which was fun but exhausting.

Edited by Andre LeBastard

On 5/3/2020 at 12:34 PM, Zetterberg said:

1. Ottawa. They're playing so well right now that I believe they can only be stopped if they become overconfident and take their foot of the gas.

2. Do I get drafted in the VHL this year? Dang. I'd have say Toronto, as that is where my NHL allegiance lies. In the VHLM, I mean, Mississauga beens pretty cool?

3. I don't really have any good ideas. But reading what other people have said, I think having a tournament right now, even if it's a second tier one, or make one of the 2 TPE we can receive each week revolve around doing something in the discord. 

4. Reddit, where all good things are found.

5. Toronto, I follow my fathers team allegiances, and his father before him.

6. Used to play football in high school, but those days have long since passed.

On 5/3/2020 at 12:34 PM, Zetterberg said:

1. Yukon. They have had a great second half to the season.

2. I don't care. I just want good teammates and to play first line minutes. I DO NOT want to be some 4th line plug. I deserve better.

3. It's tough. Personally, I have faded off as well. I have no idea when the next season will start, so perhaps making that more clear would benefit people like me. I know that if the season is starting on May 14th. I'll check back frequently and stay on top of things. If it's just a mystery, I will just forget about the league until it ramps up and I happen to have time again.

4. Reddit.

5. Toronto Maple Leafs. Been a fan since I was a kid. Can't quit loving them despite hating how soft they are and the fact they haven't won since 1969.

6. IRL I currently play hockey, golf and baseball. Throughout my life, I have played in sports leagues for those sports, as well as football, soccer, tennis, lacrosse & basketball. I like sports. 

Mississauga Hounds Press Conference week ending May 17 2020

1.  The VHLM has expanded! The Miami Marauders have joined lead by a Mississauga Alumni Krice, what do you think we can expect in term of their performance next season?

2. As most of you know I’ve started a mini off season tournament how do you like it so far? Do you think I should do it again next off season? And if you aren’t on discord would it be something that interests you?

3. How well do you think Mississauga is going to do in the upcoming season?

4. What build would you consider you’re player is? Examples: two-way forward, offensive defence man, defensive defence man.

5. What is your favourite type of food?

6. Do you own any pets? If so what are they? If not would ever want one?

1. I wouldn't be surprised if they made the playoffs next season.

2. I think it's a good idea and definitely should be done again.

3. I'll be disappointed if they miss the playoffs again.

4. I could be considered more of a two-way forward.

5. Anything Italian.
6. No, but I used to have a cat and I want another one.

1 hour ago, Zetterberg said:

1.  The VHLM has expanded! The Miami Marauders have joined lead by a Mississauga Alumni Krice, what do you think we can expect in term of their performance next season?

2. As most of you know I’ve started a mini off season tournament how do you like it so far? Do you think I should do it again next off season? And if you aren’t on discord would it be something that interests you?

4. What build would you consider you’re player is? Examples: two-way forward, offensive defence man, defensive defence man.

1. I expect them to be in the bottom third of the league. You never know, with how much turn around there is, but I don't see them being elite right away like the Vegas Golden Knights of the NHL.

2. I think it's a great idea. I was excited to see it. It would be great if you could somehow earn TPE from it as an added incentive. 

3. The Hounds will be much improved but it all depends on how the draft goes and if we are able to reclaim so of our top talent. 

4 .My player is a sniper. I have always focused on building up my shot. As shooting has a higher and higher TPE, I have had to spread it out a bit more but still a sniper.

5. I love potato chips of all flavours. And Snickers.

6. I have a dog. A chocolate lab. She is getting older but still a gem. 

1 hour ago, Zetterberg said:

1. I so happy happy there is a miami team. I think there is going to be big things for them in the near future. 

2. I don’t know what it is but it seems cool. 

3. I think if we draft well there is a chance we can make the playoffs.

4. A passer, an assist guy

5. pizza, candy 

6. No and no i don’t want my own pet, my parents got a dog before i was born and it passed away when i was like 5 

(first PC on mississauga)

2 hours ago, Zetterberg said:

1 playoff contenders, if not , i did not say anything

2. Its fun and yes you should do it again so that my team can destroy everyone.

3. Playoff contenders no doubt. Past 1st round is questionable, but possible.

4. Balanced hall of fame legend goalie

5. No comment.

6.I would want many: german shepard,pitbull,black palm cockatoo, red african grey parrot.

2 hours ago, Zetterberg said:

1. I would love to see them be in a position fighting for a playoff spot.

2. If my team wins (go WINGS) then yes. If we lose then maybe.

3. I believe that making the playoffs is going to be the minimum expectations. 

4. Scoring forward

5. I'm gonna audible to my favourite food, which is peanut butter. It is the ultimate versatile food. Put it on a sandwich and you can add banana, jam, nutella, whatever you want man! Throw it on celery with raisins and BOOM, ants on a log. Slap that bad boy on a burger (don't knock it til you try it) and you've spiced up your burger life. And this all only scrapes the surface of why peanut butter is the ultimate food. Make it into cookies, add it to ice cream, eat it by the spoonful out of the jar. Remember peanut butter makes everything peanut better.

6. As a college student, I am obligated to own a betta fish. His name is Phish.

Unknown. Not sure of expansion rules, but I would expect some struggles the first season.

I think so, I suspect that maintaining off season interest is important to retain players in the game.

Much is dependant on Draft picks and signings, I would have thought, but they look to be in a good place.

Playmaking Power Centre. A hybrid design based on a combination of power forward and play making centre. I'd like to see how it stacks up over the coming seasons.

Bacon.

Had pets my whole life. Dogs and cats. Used to have rabbits and guinea pigs too. 

1.i think they will have a lot of struggles because it is there first season

2.yes I am enjoying the off season tourney, I think you should continue to do it in future off seasons

3. I think Mississauga will be a second round exit this season 

4.i believe my player is a sniper/dangler 

5.poutine 

6. I own 1 cat

Mississauga Hounds Press Conference week ending May 24 2020

1. The VHLM draft has come to a close did you end up where you expected? If you weren’t drafted did you end up where you expected in your draft season?

2. How well do you think our team will preform this season? I’m asking again to see if answers are different post draft.

3. Who on Mississauga do you think will preform the best this season?

4. In either the VHL or VHLM draft what pick surprised you the most?

5. What NHL player would you say your player is most like?

6. What’s your dream vacation?

19 minutes ago, Zetterberg said:

1. The VHLM draft has come to a close did you end up where you expected? If you weren’t drafted did you end up where you expected in your draft season?

2. How well do you think our team will preform this season? I’m asking again to see if answers are different post draft.

1. When i was drafted i got drafted back to my home team SD marlins. My home

2. WE ARE WINNING IT ALL THIS SEASON. ITS OUR YEAR!!!

3. Everyone will do great. I am hoping to get 100 points at least 

4. i am sooooooo happy we got MC and Frost. 

5. I don’t know. I hope Trocheck because he’s  my favorite player. If not then crosby because he’s my second favorite. 

6. Go somewhere with my friend group. i think that would be fun. 

On 5/18/2020 at 9:46 PM, Zetterberg said:

Yes! And I'm super happy to end up back in Mississauga, and cannot wait to get this thing started!

I think our potential is up to us! Maybe it's just the post draft euphoria and having some new faces in the locker room, or it being my second year around, but I feel like if we can keep up our TPE earning, this team can be very good.

Watch out for Mac ?

@Bacon going where he did! People are gonna regret passing him up!!

I guess I'd say Matthews, cause I like to score, and like most Toronto fans, can only focus on the Leafs.

Cottage country, always cottage country.

Im going to be honest i did not expect to drop to 18. I was the best goalie in the draft by 50 TPE and i was top 5 in TPE overall. I guess teams just did not need a goalie that bad.

Im sure this team will be a playoff team. I might even say this team will be in the Finals. Cole and Zetterberg have done an amazing job in the draft.

I know Jared is going to kill it. He recently was named the captain this season and i know he is going to want to go out and perform. 

Im going to say myself. I am still kinda shocked i was not picked earlier. 

I dont really like to compare myself to another player. I play the way i play and no one is like me.

Just me and the boys sitting on a beach having fun.

On 5/18/2020 at 9:46 PM, Zetterberg said:

Selected higher than I anticipated. Happy to be selected. 

Going all the way!

Hopefully Pietro Angellini 

My own selection 

Evgeni Malkin

Eastern Europe

1.  I've joined recently so  i wasn't involved with the drafts.

2.  From what i've heard team performance was good

3.  I'm not entirely sure who ill think will preform the best but I think everyone has a fair shot at being one of the best players 

4. I don't really know i wasn't here sadly 

5. Honestly, I hope there isn't a player like Teriyaki chicken. 

6. Germany

Edited by Hpep

Mississauga Hounds Press Conference week ending May 31 2020

1. We are off to a bit of a rocky start, how hard do you think it will be to turn this around?

2. If you were to guess what place do you think we will end up in end of season?

3. Who do you believe is Mississauga's biggest competitor this season?

4. Now that we've started the season how well has your player preformed compared to what you expected from them?

5. Are there any improvements that could be made to the Mississauga Discord LR and if so what are they?

6. What part of the world are you from? I don’t need you to give exact town or city. A country, or state/province will work just fine.