Mississauga Hounds Press Conference

Gustav

1 minute ago, Zetterberg said:

Mississauga Hounds Press Conference week ending May 31 2020

1. We are off to a bit of a rocky start, how hard do you think it will be to turn this around?

2. If you were to guess what place do you think we will end up in end of season?

3. Who do you believe is Mississauga's biggest competitor this season?

4. Now that we've started the season how well has your player preformed compared to what you expected from them?

5. Are there any improvements that could be made to the Mississauga Discord LR and if so what are they?

6. What part of the world are you from? I don’t need you to give exact town or city. A country, or state/province will work just fine.

1. play our game and not give up to many goals. 

2. i think we will end up 2nd or 3rd place 

3. no one, we can beat eveyone 

4. i think this is the best i have started a season, i am happy how things are going for me 

5. Just stay active and keep the LR active 

6. Florida. all 18 years of my life.

1. We are off to a bit of a rocky start, how hard do you think it will be to turn this around?

Absolutely. I think with a good run of wins and goal support for our goaltender we can get back on track.

2. If you were to guess what place do you think we will end up in end of season?

I think we will contend. Maybe 4th or 5th.

Las Vegas and Philly both look pretty strong.

4. Now that we've started the season how well has your player preformed compared to what you expected from them?

I think we tripped out of the gate but we are on our way to being solid. A few nice trades by @ColeMrtz and we are back in the mix.

5. Are there any improvements that could be made to the Mississauga Discord LR and if so what are they?

I enjoy the discord. Lots of activity and everyone is friendly.

6. What part of the world are you from? I don’t need you to give exact town or city. A country, or state/province will work just fine.

Born in Western PA. Grew up in FL. Now I'm in NC.

2 hours ago, Zetterberg said:

5. Are there any improvements that could be made to the Mississauga Discord LR and if so what are they?

6. What part of the world are you from? I don’t need you to give exact town or city. A country, or state/province will work just fine.

1. I don't think it'll be too hard. Obviously it takes effort game in and game out to win in this league, but I don't want to get too far ahead of myself with the small sample size so far this season.

2. VHLM Champions. Speak it into existence this season.

3. Again, small sample size, but Philly and Minnesota are looking unbeatable right now.

4. Wish I was on the score sheet a little bit more. But again, I'm not taking the results of this small sample size too seriously yet.

5. I find it very enjoyable to be in right now, so no.

6. Southern Ontario (It's hot as balls here)

We just need to keep working hard. If we keep that up the wins will come.

I think we can finish top 3. We have a very skilled team and we will start to prove that.

Just based off of the standings right now it looks like Vegas and Saskatoon are at the top, so whenever we verse we will need to be 110%.

Im at a 0.924 SV% witch is 1st in the league by like 0.20% so i would say i'm killing it so far. I did not expect my player to have a SV% like that.

5. Are there any improvements that could be made to the Mississauga Discord LR and if so what are they?

I have no issue with the looker room. Everyone's in there chatting away, its a lot of fun even just to watch the conversations. 

6. What part of the world are you from? I don’t need you to give exact town or city. A country, or state/province will work just fine.

I am from Canada, B.C. Been there my entire life and not planning on changing that.

Press time

1) A strong set of sims has pushed us into 5th in the league and 2nd in both our conference and division, sitting only behind the Minnesota Storm. How do these results motivate you for the rest of the season?

2) Where do you think our biggest strengths lie as a team?

3) To the same token, what are our biggest weaknesses?

4) When you first created, what did you value more? Ice time or team success?

5) Who has had the biggest breakout season for second/third season players?

6) If we had a Hound fight club (IF we did...), who would be the scariest to go up against?

36 minutes ago, ColeMrtz said:

Press time

1) A strong set of sims has pushed us into 5th in the league and 2nd in both our conference and division, sitting only behind the Minnesota Storm. How do these results motivate you for the rest of the season?

6) If we had a Hound fight club (IF we did...), who would be the scariest to go up against?

It makes me feel like our hard work is paying off. It means I will continue to put effort in so that our success can continue.

We're pretty even up and down the lineup in terms of effort and stuff we are putting into our players, so I think having relentless waves coming over the boards is a big boost.

I think we are still prone to some of last years problems lackadaisical defence leading to some poor defensive games, but we're definitely improving.

Team success. There is no i in team.

@LastOneUp has been absolutely stellar so far.

On the advice of legal counsel I invoke my 5th amendment privilege against self-incrimination and respectfully decline to answer your question.

Huge games, boys. I am hyped and looking to max TPE every week to help the squad.

First line and in net.

We have had a bit of a rough go on goals-against. Need to tighten up defensively.

I just wanted to be part of a team and try to chip in where I could.

JaredN @jared has been raking lately.

I feel like Tonn @MexicanCow123 would pull some streetfight moves.

3 hours ago, ColeMrtz said:

Press time

1. I think that will give us the push and momentum to push past them 

2. Scoring,  Playing as a team

3. Losing a few games?! 

4. I have always values team success. 

5. I don’t look at stats until the end of the year unless we are doing terrible, but I do know I am killing it this year. 

6. Me ??? if we are talking about our players 

On 4/29/2019 at 4:24 PM, GustavMattias said:

Welcome to the first-ever Mississauga Hounds press conference! I'm excited to get the year going. WITHOUT FURTHER ADO...

1. Did you think you'd be going to Mississauga? Why or why not?

2. Do you like this team so far? 

3. What type of player do you plan on building?

4. Give a shout-out to one member of this league who you think did the most to help you get started here. 

5. Do you think we have a shot at winning it all? Who do you think will be toughest to beat?

6. Call it right now--if you're a skater, how many points will you have this season? For our goalie, what will your save percentage be?

@Rayzor_7 @HulkHogan @No_Dangles @cody73 @GlowyGoat @DoktorFunk @mmarcoux98 @SweetMike666 @maximlab

1. I did not think that I would go to Mississauga because I was unable to respond to their predraft inquiry.

2. I do like this team; their discord is very active, and everybody is super helpful.

3. I plan on building a solid two-way defenseman that can lock down on defense and contribute to the offense.

4. I think @ColeMrtz was the one that helped me get here. He was in contact from day 1 and has guided me on how to get tpe and other stuff like that.

5. I think we could, as we are 16-7-1 right now, so if we can finish the season strong, then we have a shot. I think Minnesota will be toughest to beat this year.

6. I have been working on my defense, so I’ll call 10 pts.

It just mean we know we can win, so we must push ourselves even harder.

I think we are a very balanced team. I think that our goalie is really good ?

Like i said above we are a well balanced team. But if i had to pick 1 weakness it would be the GM ☺️

When i created my 1st player i was a Dman, so i would say 50/50. Of course i want to get ice time, but at the same time i want to win. Now that im a goalie i don't want to be sitting on the bench playing 0 games, so i say ice time now.

Jared has had a fantastic final season in the VHLM. He struggled a bit to earn constantly, but now hes doing amazing.

I would have to say Jacob Tonn. He so short and skinny that he is super scary and dangerous. 

On 6/1/2020 at 4:33 PM, ColeMrtz said:

Press time

The results motivate me because if i fall behind so does my team and Id like for us to ultimately do our best and rank the best 

I think our biggest strength is organization and competitiveness 

I think our biggest weakness would be having lost a few games

i value team success over personal ice time.

JaredN

JaredN

New guy, same rules

Mississauga Press Conference for Week Ending June 14th

1. We've been battling with Mexico City and Philadelphia for fourth all season. What do you think you it will take to overtake them for good?

2. It's WJC this week! Who are you cheering for and why?

3. Who has made the biggest improvement this season? Can be anyone in the VHL or VHLM!

4. The trade deadline is next Monday. Are there any moves you would like to see for the team?

5. What's your pre-game ritual?

6. Have you acquired any new skills during the isolation period?

1. We've been battling with Mexico City and Philadelphia for fourth all season. What do you think you it will take to overtake them for good?

Solid production across the board. Getting the defense more involved on both ends of the ice and making sure we offer goal support for Tonn in net.

USA. Because they really need a win right now.

3. Who has made the biggest improvement this season? Can be anyone in the VHL or VHLM!

Honesty, Michael Mac @LastOneUp has been very impressive.

4. The trade deadline is next Monday. Are there any moves you would like to see for the team?

I'd like to see us add a D-Man or maybe a nice Winger.

70's Soul Music. 

I have been steadily working on my graphics/photo editing skills. I am also getting ready to build a high-end PC.

12 hours ago, rory said:

New guy, same rules

1. Consistent efforts, and not losing the games we should win. (Not trying to state the obvious, but we can't be losing games to Miami (no offence))

2. Canada (definitely not cheering for us them because I'm on the team ?)

3. Mac. Mac. Mac. Mac.

4. I'm very happy with the team right now. But I understand that you always try to make the team better, so if a move comes up to make us better, I'm all for it.

5. A whopper from burger king with extra onions, no mustard, medium fry from Arby's (large if it's a playoff game), a buster bar from DQ, and a bottle of water (to be healthy).

6. I've been able to slowly increase the number of hours I sleep per day...

13 hours ago, rory said:

New guy, same rules

1. Win, win , and play well

2. Canada, because i am playing for team canada 

3. I am doing better each year , I don’t really pay attention to many peoples stats. I just hope every one of my teammates does well and lead us to the cup. 

4. If we can win more than , maybe a few moves ?!

5. Get to the arena like 2 hours early to warm up. 

6. yes a few more skills. 

We just need to stay positive and play our game. Keep our legs moving and good things will happen.

Canada because i made the team baby! We winning gold EZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

Jared has improved tremendously. He hasn't had a great season yet. But this year he is destroying. 

I think we are good on player. Everyone just needs to work hard to get max TPE a week. 

Make a nice juicy Rare steak right before the game.

Not really no. Ive been gaming a good amount getting a little better.

Press

1. As the trade deadline passes, what moves were the biggest/most surprising to you?

2. We're sitting in 6th right now, a somewhat disappointing position. What can we do/should we have done to improve?

3. With it looking like we'll be seeded against the Reapers, how do you feel about our playoff odds?

4. Our last run of games has been a bit of a downer, what do you think is setting us back?

5. We recently signed Lexi Glass off of the waiver wire (welcome @AW13!), how does this addition bolster our roster?

6. Selfish question, I feel as though this season has been somewhat lackluster on my end. How do I be better at my job, both for the current season and the future?

1 minute ago, ColeMrtz said:

Press

1. As the trade deadline passes, what moves were the biggest/most surprising to you?

2. We're sitting in 6th right now, a somewhat disappointing position. What can we do/should we have done to improve?

3. With it looking like we'll be seeded against the Reapers, how do you feel about our playoff odds?

4. Our last run of games has been a bit of a downer, what do you think is setting us back?

5. We recently signed Lexi Glass off of the waiver wire (welcome @AW13!), how does this addition bolster our roster?

6. Selfish question, I feel as though this season has been somewhat lackluster on my end. How do I be better at my job, both for the current season and the future?

1. We losing as much as we did so far.

2. Play better defense, score more 

3.  I think we will go to the finals .

4. Our momentum 

5. I hope it’s a good addition, haven’t seen anything yet but i hope he does well. 

6. Change and switch things up. I don’t really know 

Nothing to big that really surprised me.

At this point its all mentally. We just need to improve in that aspect. 

I think we can beat them. They are a stacked team this year and they have done really well so far, but we got TONN in net baby!

Just how life works. You cant always been winning. Just reset our minds and go game by game.

5. We recently signed Lexi Glass off of the waiver wire (welcome @AW13!), how does this addition bolster our roster?

He should really help us out. Hes a perfect guys for the 3rd line and i know he'll do amazing. 

I think your doing everything you can as a GM. My only suggestion would be to keep changing up the lines till you find something that really works. That's why last year Yukon went on such a tear. I found a set of lines that worked well.

Trey Nets @KillaScrilla and Bo Burrows @Walter Fizz were huge pick-ups

We seem to be having a tough time keeping Goals-Against in check. We need to tighten up defensively and help out Tonn @MexicanCow123

I welcome the challenge. Philly has been our rival this season and I think we can stack up well in the postseason.

Bad luck with sims, goals-against out of whack. We just need to tighten up and we can get back on the winning track.

5. We recently signed Lexi Glass off of the waiver wire (welcome @AW13!), how does this addition bolster our roster?

A new winger to add some scoring depth is always a good thing.

I feel you have been very active and present during the whole season. Trades, help with TPE acquisition and build advice for the newer players. I like our GM.

I think Prague trading Crawford for Ligriv was a mistake as Crawford was performing better. Why give up assets for the same or worse production?

Just need to stay together as a team and score more goals than the other team.

I have not seen us beat them yet so I am afraid of that. Let's hope something changes!

Just running into some tough luck, we will bounce back

The Estonian Princess is here to dominate and hopefully help bolster some back line scoring.

Just keep being active and push us to the limit!

Press

1. As we come up to the end of the season, how do you keep motivated for that final push?

2. Have you learned anything new this season, either about the league or the sim? If not just something in general?

3. Regular Season team awards are coming up, does anyone steal the show?

4. How do you feel about our playoff chances?

5. Who do you feel was our “rival” this season?

6. Do you think the NHL will resume play after the latest bout of infections?

1. As we come up to the end of the season, how do you keep motivated for that final push?

Big wins against tough competition.

2. Have you learned anything new this season, either about the league or the sim? If not just something in general?

I have learned tons regarding graphics and photo editing. I genuinely enjoy it.

JaredN

ALL THE WAY BAYBAY

Fucking Philly

I certainly hope so but with big names like Auston Matthews testing positive it is seeming pretty unlikely.

5 hours ago, ColeMrtz said:

Press

Hit them hard we’re goons good goons

I learned that bears be bears

Myself I’m the best player in the league

With me we always win

Yukon they trade me they rival

yes

We stay motivated by looking forward to the playoffs and what we can accomplish. 

I have learned that STHS really has its own mind. Sometimes it is just out to get certain teams.

No one in particular stands way out to me. I think it has been a sorta even season for awards. 

I feel 7/10. Like i said a few minutes ago. STHS has its own mind. It could go in our favor and we could win the cup, or it could go completely against us and we could out in the 1st round.

I don't really think of any team specifically. Its been a super even season.

I think the NHL will continue on with their plan. Whether i think its a good or a bad idea that's a whole different question.