Mexico City Kings Press Conference

Nykonax

1925660273_MexicoCityBanner.png.907bd29eee5dab96ff3de0dbe2108815.png

Press Conference

Week ending 08/14/2022

(Answer Questions for 2 Capped TPE!)

1. Mexico City made it look easy getting past the first round of the playoffs.  What do you see next for the Kings and what challenges are coming up?

2.  What is your player doing differently in the playoffs?

3.  Having the best defense in the league is only part of our success.  What else do you see as having a major impact on the team?

4.  When you joined this team, did you expect to be surrounded by such talent and are you surprised to see Mexico City in the run for the cup?

5.  Do you have any words of wisdom for Tucker or Swayman?

6.  Do you prefer skiing or snowboarding?  Why?

1 minute ago, Thunder said:

Press Conference

Week ending 08/14/2022

1. Mexico City made it look easy getting past the first round of the playoffs.  What do you see next for the Kings and what challenges are coming up?

3.  Having the best defense in the league is only part of our success.  What else do you see as having a major impact on the team?

4.  When you joined this team, did you expect to be surrounded by such talent and are you surprised to see Mexico City in the run for the cup?

(Hiss Black Font in dark mode.)

1. The second round is going to be rough no matter who we face, both SSK and LVA are good teams.

2. Scoring a little bit less, focusing on defense more and making things easier for Tucker

3. A defense is only as good as the goalies that bail them out. We also have the best tandem in the league in Swayman and Tucker. Gives our forwards the chance to take risks knowing whats behind them.

4. I mean when I saw I got drafted to the same team as Tucker... again, I knew I would be surrounded by talent. So no, not surprised at all to be where we are.

5. Yeah... don't join a team with no defense where youll face nearly 4000 shots against in a season.

6. Snowboarding, and because its just more enjoyable. I've done both and skiing just feels boring in comparison.

9 minutes ago, Thunder said:

Press Conference

Week ending 08/14/2022

1: i think the second round will be a lot harder than the first.

2: i think my player is scoring more goals but that might change soon.

3: i think the goalies are a big impact on our team.

4: no im not surprised that the kings are doing good right now i know from the beginning that where going to be doing good in the playoffs.

5: just keep doing what your doing you guys have been doing really well.

6: i prefer snowboarding because im better at it.

8 hours ago, Thunder said:

Press Conference

Week ending 08/14/2022

1.  Mexico City made it look easy getting past the first round of the playoffs.  What do you see next for the Kings and what challenges are coming up?

I gotta tell ya, I was really hoping SSK was gonna pull the upset against LVA. That would've been incredible coming from my former team. Vegas is definitely going to make us work for round 2 and I'm trying to get my player up to par.

Scoring less, so far. I need him to do the opposite. I think he just got his only point in game 5.

There's no doubt our defense is elite. An elite defense needs an elite offense to balance it out and I think we have a pretty well rounded team that meets that expectation.

I'm not surprised to see the Kings on a cup run, but I had no idea what I was dealing with coming into the locker room.

Shut your five hole.

I actually haven't done either of them. I feel like either way, your feet are stuck to a ski or board and bailing out isn't as easy as it is skateboarding. However, if I had to pick which I think I'd like more, probably snowboarding as it's just skateboarding and the snow are your wheels.

Edited by Tetricide
It was game 5, not game 6.

1.  Our biggest challenge awaits us, Las Vegas is a formidable team this year. I think if we beat LVA! We can be the winner of the cup 
2. Well, I'm practicing in case Henry has trouble
3. The team spirit is an element that allows a great efficiency of our victory!
4. I think I chose the right team! I got Coleh to join the VHL and now we are on our way to the playoffs! It's just amazing!
5.  To you Henry! The one who supports me during these great moments! Bravo to you! If we are here, it is largely thanks to you! You can be proud of yourself! 
6. I would say skiing because the pizza position makes me laugh

On 8/8/2022 at 9:57 AM, Thunder said:

Press Conference

Week ending 08/14/2022

1. Well the Aces are a big obstacle, but I think we can overcome them and move on.

2. Well I'm saving a lot more shots, which is good since I'm also facing a lot more shots.

3. Well we also aren't that bad at scoring goals and that is helping us win games.

4. I suspected mid-level playoff team but definitely nit Cup contender tbh.

5. To Swayman: Next season, wherever you go, that's your chance to shine. Take the spotlight and hold it.

6. I don't live anywhere near snow and have yet to do either.

Press Conference

Week ending 08/21/2022

1.  We made it the semi-finals and gave the Aces a good run.  What could we have done differently to have won the series?

2.  With the season over for the Mexico City Kings, what are your plans to prepare for the next season?

3.  What advice do you have for GM Cole to help with the draft and this season coming up?

4.  What team are you headed to next season, and how do you plan to contribute to your new team?

5.  On a scale of 1-5 (5 being best) how well did your player do this season with Mexico City, and why?

6.  What is the best vodka drink?

3 hours ago, Thunder said:

Press Conference

Week ending 08/21/2022

1.  We made it the semi-finals and gave the Aces a good run.  What could we have done differently to have won the series?
Making it to the semis was fun, but oh so heartbreaking when it ended for Kauppi. I'm not really sure what exactly could have been done differently. It's really tough to score against those guys sometimes.

2.  With the season over for the Mexico City Kings, what are your plans to prepare for the next season?

Kauppi is gonna go through a little bit of retraining. The training staff wants to make sure to help him be the best player he wants to be.

3.  What advice do you have for GM Cole to help with the draft and this season coming up?

I'm new to this. There's nothing I could think of that could help my GM draft some good picks. 

4.  What team are you headed to next season, and how do you plan to contribute to your new team?

If I could help it, I'd like to stay with the Kings. If there were any teams interested in my player, I haven't been informed of it.

5.  On a scale of 1-5 (5 being best) how well did your player do this season with Mexico City, and why?

A 2 or 3. Sure, Kauppi contributed here and there, but he really needed to step up his game. Especially in the playoffs.

You tell me. I'm not too big on alcohol, especially vodka. Although, the first thing to come to mind is a White Russian from the movie the Big Lebowski. I've never had it, but it seems interesting!

12 hours ago, Thunder said:

Press Conference

Week ending 08/21/2022

1: nothing really maybe just the offensive should of been a little better

2: my plans are to become a AGM this season and earn a lot of TPE.

3: do what ever you did last seasons draft you did great 

4: I’m going to Prague or to Istanbul I’m not for sure yet but I love both teams so I’ll be happy both ways

5: 4 I think I would liked that my player scored a little more but I I’m happy with my player 

6: no clue I don’t drink so no clue.

Press Conference

Week ending 08/28/2022

1.  Mexico City is getting ready for the next season and GM Cole is busy scouting new players.  What do you have to say to the new players who might be coming to the team?

2.  Were you surprised with Warsaw Predators winning the VHL this season and did you follow the championships?

3.  What do you plan to do with your TPE this season and are you focused on moving out of the VHLM?

4.  Are you in this coming up draft and if you are, where do you think you will go?  Who has interviewed you?

5.  Mexico City needs a goalie and defenders.  Who do you think Cole should pick first?

6.  Would you accept one million pesos (you are on Mexico City), but you would have to give up hockey for life.  That includes playing, watching, simulating, and even talking about hockey.

On 8/22/2022 at 8:39 PM, Thunder said:

Press Conference

Week ending 08/28/2022

1.  Mexico City is getting ready for the next season and GM Cole is busy scouting new players.  What do you have to say to the new players who might be coming to the team?

I hope you like to win.

2.  Were you surprised with Warsaw Predators winning the VHL this season and did you follow the championships?

I did follow the championship games on the second half. I was pulling for Seattle, but I feel like it definitely could've been either team's series to win. Warsaw just wanted it more.

3.  What do you plan to do with your TPE this season and are you focused on moving out of the VHLM?

I'm re-spec'ing the points to make Kauppi more of a power forward. He likes to score, but he also likes to stir things up a bit. He's not ready for the VHLE just yet, so he'll be with the Kings for just a while longer. :D

4.  Are you in this coming up draft and if you are, where do you think you will go?  Who has interviewed you?

I...don't think so? Kauppi hasn't hit 200 TPE yet, so he's not eligible. Calgary has shown interest, but uh...a little early for the VHL.

5.  Mexico City needs a goalie and defenders.  Who do you think Cole should pick first?

I'm not sure just yet. I haven't looked at the pool of prospects.

6.  Would you accept one million pesos (you are on Mexico City), but you would have to give up hockey for life.  That includes playing, watching, simulating, and even talking about hockey.

Absolutely not.

Press Conference

Week ending 09/04/2022

1.  Five of you have are currently on the roster.  Are you looking forward to the season and will this be your final season with Mexico City?

2.  If you were in charge of EA Sports, what changes would you make to NHL 23?

3.  How much time do you spend on Discord in the Kings locker room each week?

4.  When it comes to attributes, do you plan on putting more into scoring or passing?

5.  This is year 16 of the VHL.  When did you start and how long do you plan on being involved?

6.  What condiments go on a hamburger to make it better?  Where is your favorite place to get a hamburger?

35 minutes ago, Thunder said:

Press Conference

Week ending 09/04/2022

1.  Five of you have are currently on the roster.  Are you looking forward to the season and will this be your final season with Mexico City?

4.  When it comes to attributes, do you plan on putting more into scoring or passing?

5.  This is year 16 of the VHL.  When did you start and how long do you plan on being involved?

6.  What condiments go on a hamburger to make it better?  Where is your favorite place to get a hamburger?

(last time answering these questions in this press conference)

1: im looking forward to this season im also going to watch how you play yes last season was my final season with Mexico

2: nothing really they did a good job

3: not that much anymore as i dont play for them but i go on there maybe one twice a week maybe

4: im putting more into scoring

5: this year may i think not sure but i want to be involed as long as i can 

6: cheese my favorite place to get hamburgers are at my house lol

1 hour ago, Thunder said:

Press Conference

Week ending 09/04/2022

Not at home, so I'm not color coding this...

I am! Looking forward mostly to what Kauppi will be able to do in the minors in his last year.

Idk. I don't play. Sorry.

At least a few days out of the week if not the whole week.

Scoring.

I started last season and I'll probably properly retire a few players before I quit. I don't really know for certain, but this has been fun.

Ketchup. Mustard maybe...I don't like mayo. There's a burger place in Galveston off the seawall called the Spot and they have the best. 

Press Conference

Week ending 09/11/2022

1.  The new season is almost upon us.  What would you like to tell your teammates about your player and how do you plan on contributing?

2.  Having the top goalie in the league, what do you expect from Jeremy Swayman this season?

3.  On a scale of 1-10 (10 being best), where do you rate GM Cole’s drafts, trades, and free agent acquisitions to put Mexico City in the running?

4.  Which team do you consider as our biggest rival and how will we fare this season against them?

5.  What is your favorite hockey team outside of VHL?

6.  What is your favorite pie, and do you add ice cream to it?

Press Conference

Week ending 09/11/2022

1.  The new season is almost upon us.  What would you like to tell your teammates about your player and how do you plan on contributing?

I can't wait for this season to start! Nikolas is a power forward, which means he likes to score as much as he likes to run people into the boards.

2.  Having the top goalie in the league, what do you expect from Jeremy Swayman this season?

Swayman won't let a single puck into the net. If he does, he owes me a hot dog.

3.  On a scale of 1-10 (10 being best), where do you rate GM Cole’s drafts, trades, and free agent acquisitions to put Mexico City in the running?

A solid 10. He knows what he's doing. Right? I hope.

4.  Which team do you consider as our biggest rival and how will we fare this season against them?

Las Vegas. I'm pretty sure we'll have to face them in the playoffs again, but this time we'll shut them out. 😏

The Dallas Stars. 🤠

Pumpkin pie! And no, unless you count whipped cream as ice cream...

Edited by Tetricide

2 hours ago, Thunder said:

Press Conference

Week ending 09/11/2022

Excited for the season! I’m Squids (they/them) and my player’s Quinn Saint-Wilkes (she/her). Aiming to be a playmaker/PP quarterback defender that plays a finesse style of D. Tbh probably a perfect foil to my line mate, Womp.

Shutouts. Every night, jk. Especially with a growing defense in front of him, I expect Swayman to be the top goalie in the VHLM, easily.

So far, I’d say pretty much a 10, but I’m a little biased haha. Overall, think we have a great forward core and Swayman between the pipes is absolutely A-1. Think Womp’s a great defender. 

I’m pretty fresh but I’m feeling Vegas. As far as I know, bounced the Kings from the play-offs last season. I’ll project a pretty even series in the season and Mexico City comes out on top after a knock-down PO series.

For now, our local ECHL team, the Wheeling Nailers. ECHL games rule! NHL, the Flyers and, of course, the Kraken. I’ll be keeping an eye on Philly’s favorite son, Claude Giroux, in his return home to Ottawa though.

Cherry. Fresh and warm. Hold the ice cream plz

Press Conference

Week ending 09/18/2022

1.  The first week has passed and it looks like we have some improvement.  What do you recommend?

2.  Are you happy with your player’s performance thus far?

3.  Our tough guy has been intimidating this season.  What impact does Womp Womp Womp .. have against the opponents and will Womp Womp Womp .. be the hit leader again next week?

4.  Nikolas Kauppi leads the team in points and is at an amazing 15.22% shot percentage.  Can Nikolas continue that pace?  What do you want to say to Nikolas?

5.  How have you been doing with the Trivia questions thus far?

6.  What is your favorite holiday?

Press Conference

Week ending 09/18/2022

1.  The first week has passed and it looks like we have some improvement.  What do you recommend?

At this point, I think our GM has our lines the way we need them. Our new players just need some time to adjust to the environment a little more and I think we can really dial in that talent.

Most definitely! Kauppi's already scored a hat trick within the first week. It's really looking good so far.

3.  Our tough guy has been intimidating this season.  What impact does Womp Womp Womp .. have against the opponents and will Womp Womp Womp .. be the hit leader again next week?

Womp Womp Womp Womp Womp Jr. is definitely the force to be reckoned with right now in the league. He's already been ejected and partially responsible for another player's ejection. I gotta be honest...it's pretty inspiring.

4.  Nikolas Kauppi leads the team in points and is at an amazing 15.22% shot percentage.  Can Nikolas continue that pace?  What do you want to say to Nikolas?

I'm hoping I can and I wish I had started off like this last season, but it's just been lessons learned up to this point and a journey.

I've answered all of them correctly so far. An easy 2 TPE.

It's a tie between Thanksgiving and Christmas for me. Personally, they are almost the same thing in the sense that you get to show/tell how thankful you are of the people you surround yourself with.

Press Conference

Week ending 09/18/2022

Tbh I feel like the lines are solid. We’ve had some truly standout performances, even. Feels like we haven’t had everything click at the same time though. Curious how the STHS adjusts as the season continues. Does feel like we’ve been victims of tough luck and early-season dogfighting with solid teams .

Not really. While Quinn is a “playmaker” pass-first type with a greater eye to defense, she’s proven to be off-and-on. Can have a goal and an assist in a game and five blocks in another with and absolute goose egg sandwiched between them. All about consistency and not getting too ghosty out there.

If he’s not the hit leader, I’ll eat my shorts. Womp’s been an absolute beast. Getting ejected 15 minutes into the season and being the direct cause of an opponent’s ejection rules. Blah blah, lack of discipline, sure. But it gets the team hyped to have a tough guy. Provides a great foil on the pairing with Quinn.

I think he can keep it close. Kauppi has been a damn force. Keep it up! Definitely a key cog to the machine we’re building and I can’t wait for it to fire on all cylinders. 

First two times, I guessed outright. Took a point each time. This last time, I was able to find both answers. Hell yeah!

Halloween! I love the pastel Halloween deco that’s become en vogue. Fall is my favorite season. And I’ll be straight, I think cheesy couples costumes are cute af.

On 9/12/2022 at 8:49 AM, Thunder said:

Press Conference

Week ending 09/18/2022

I recommend alcohol and a good snack.

So far its been fun to just wreck everything lol

Hell yes. Grabbing a fair amount of shot blocks, too.

I think he knows already. 👑

Yes every week. Getting them right is another story.

The one that makes my daughter smile.

Press Conference

Week ending 09/25/2022

1.  One third into the season and we are holding up in last place.  Are you disappointed in your player?  What changes are you planning on making to your build if any?

2.  How much of an impact do you see the teams’ struggle will affect your value to the E and VHL?

3.  Womp Womp Womp… continues to dominate on defense.  What do you think his diet consists of to be such a destroyer?

4.  Nanashi Mumei and Quinn Saint-Willes are on the Defensive Leaderboard.  How quickly will they move up the leaderboard and represent Mexico City as top defenseman?

5.  What VHLM team will fall victim to Mississauga?  (Better not be Mexico City!)

6.  What is your favorite candy?

2 hours ago, Thunder said:

Press Conference

Week ending 09/25/2022

1.  One third into the season and we are holding up in last place.  Are you disappointed in your player?  What changes are you planning on making to your build if any?

2.  How much of an impact do you see the teams’ struggle will affect your value to the E and VHL?

3.  Womp Womp Womp… continues to dominate on defense.  What do you think his diet consists of to be such a destroyer?

4.  Nanashi Mumei and Quinn Saint-Willes are on the Defensive Leaderboard.  How quickly will they move up the leaderboard and represent Mexico City as top defenseman?

5.  What VHLM team will fall victim to Mississauga?  (Better not be Mexico City!)

1. My player has been doing fine for Davos, but I want to not be a defensive liability if possible. I'm probably going to keep my final build the same, but I might get DF/SK to 90 first.

2. I personally don't think statlines matter in the M. Even if you're struggling, as long as you are active and have a decent build, VHL GMs will take a chance on you.

3. I think he's eating some pasta before every game!

4. Our D core despite only having three defenseman have been very solid. I think if we continue this, we'll be a good team, as we've only played top-tier teams so far.

5. Miami Marauders. It would be hilarious.

6. My favorite candy is Cookies and Cream Hershey Bars. I just like the taste of it to be honest.

13 hours ago, Thunder said:

Press Conference

Week ending 09/25/2022

It's certainly been a tough road for the team up to this point, but we haven't really had a chance to play other teams so I think we still have a chance to climb back up towards the top. There's definitely been some sims that don't really make sense how it plays out, but for the most part I'm actually excited at the production he's added. I'm capped, so I can't make any changes. :) 

My player has been drafted already, but I don't think there will be any negative effects. I'm personally open to play for any team.

He's been an absolute beast. He definitely makes egg shakes and drinks them between periods. Protein, protein, protein, baby.

I took a look at everyone's stats the other day when making my media spot. I think they're gonna shoot up higher in the rankings in these upcoming games since it's not the same 3 teams anymore.

I hope it's Vegas every time.

Twizzlers for the gummy-sweet type candy and chocolate covered almonds for chocolates!

On 9/19/2022 at 9:15 AM, Thunder said:

Press Conference

Week ending 09/25/2022

1. Not even remotely. Struggle doesn't mean you're doing it wrong.

2. Probably not at all.

3. 4000 calories a day.

4. Yesterday. They're great.

5. Las Vegas

6. Reece's Pieces