Mexico City Kings Press Conference

Nykonax

:mex: Kings Press Conference :mex:

Answering three questions gets you 1 Capped TPE

Answering six questions gets you 2 Capped TPE

1. The season is right around the corner, with its start slated for this Friday. How excited are you?

2. The off-season is a period where every player does their own thing. What's your off-season like... training or rest?

3. Looking at the teams around the VHLM, who do you think is the favorite to start the season?

4. In VHL-related terms, what's your favorite task?

5. With this off-season came a new GM to Mexico. What are you expecting of Mickey Dickson, a.k.a. @samx?

6. What is your go-to guilty pleasure song?

Player Ping

1. I'm very excited to kick off my sophomore season and hope to play in back-to-back championships!

2. My off-season was nothing but training. There were certain skills I felt I needed to work on that will help the team. I'll rest when I retire.

3. Mexico City. After losing in the championship being up 3-1, we'll be playing with a chip on or shoulders and the other teams better watch out!

4. My favorite task currently is an article. I like to update the Power Ratings and recap recent games. Although if I had more time and practiced more I'd think a graphic would be my favorite.

5. I embrace change, taking over a new team has its challenges so there will inevitably be some bumps but ultimately I see us going to the championship again and have full confidence that Mickey will lead us there. 

6. "It's Not Unusual" by Tom Jones. Doing the Carlton dance is a blast.

1 hour ago, leandrofg said:

1. The season is right around the corner, with its start slated for this Friday. How excited are you?

2. The off-season is a period where every player does their own thing. What's your off-season like... training or rest?

3. Looking at the teams around the VHLM, who do you think is the favorite to start the season?

4. In VHL-related terms, what's your favorite task?

5. With this off-season came a new GM to Mexico. What are you expecting of Mickey Dickson, a.k.a. @samx?

6. What is your go-to guilty pleasure song?

Player Ping

1. I am fired right up! So excited to get to work and bring that championship to Mexico this season!

2. Right now I’m just recovering, making sure I am the best I can be come season opener. 
3. I only pay attention to us, so us, let’s goooo! 
4. probably press conference lmao, easy and quick. Lots of different answers and you get to know ur team!

5. Great things, was my GM in Halifax and put up the most amount of points I ever have! 
6. hmmm tbh i do like bieber so anything by him is alright. 

1. The season has started! How are you feeling?

2. Our start has been a bit rocky. 2-2-1. What can we do to improve?

3. How do you feel about the team's environment?

4. Where do you see yourself in five seasons?

5. Friday night, team dinner. Best homemade (Mexican) food in town. What are you ordering?

6. If you could have any celebrity as your personal assistant for a day, who would you choose and why?

Player Ping

3 minutes ago, leandrofg said:

5. Friday night, team dinner. Best homemade (Mexican) food in town. What are you ordering?

6. If you could have any celebrity as your personal assistant for a day, who would you choose and why?

Player Ping

1. I’m feeling great, I think we have a great competitive roster that will get better and better. 
2. i expected this to be honest, we are a newer group with some fresh faces, myself included, so we have to get to know eachother and play and build some chemistry!

3. I think the team has a great environment, an active locker room and gm’s who talk frequently and encourage earning! Love to see it all 

4. one of the top players in the VHL!

5. I know it’s basic but taco’s lol, i don’t eat much Mexican food since I’m new here but I’d love to try it all!

6. Elon musk, would make him buy me things hahaha.

2 hours ago, leandrofg said:

Player Ping

1.I'm feeling good, its been a good feeling to be contributing so far in the season

2.Probably just getting use to each other and building that chemistry

3.I love the team environment, active locker room and supportive GM really helps the team get moving

4.Hopefully one of the top players in the VHL 

5.Easily getting either some good tacos de lengua or some like a good carne asada torta

6. Choosing a billionaire would be a smart choice to maybe get some financial benefits but id honestly rather get someone like Lionel Messi or Marco Reus. I'd rather the experience of being able to talk and spend a day with them.

9 hours ago, leandrofg said:

Player Ping

1. I feel like my player is off to a better start than last year but feel like I'm contributing less. Some things I need to improve myself to make the team better.

2. We've been in the games we've lost so I don't feel we need major adjustments. I think we need to stick to the gameplan and trust the system. Results will come. 

3. I get a determined vibe around the room. I think starting 2-2 makes us want to show the league where we should be!

4. In 5 seasons I hope to be up in the VHL contributing to the teams success.

5. Burrito bowl. Whenever I eat burritos they end up just falling apart. Basically saving a few steps with a bowl. 

6. Seth MacFarlane to do funny commentary all day. 

1. After a rocky start we found our footing and came along with a great stretch of hockey. How good is that?

2. The last games weren't as good, but morale is high. Can the team go back to winning back-to-back?

3. Houston and Philadelphia seem like the early-season front runners. How do you see the near future for them?

4. What's been the biggest surprise this season, in the VHLM, for you?

5. All-Star weekend is coming up. If you're not selected to go to Houston, will you go for some sweet vacations in Mexico?

6. What's your dream vacation?

Player Ping

1 hour ago, leandrofg said:

1. After a rocky start we found our footing and came along with a great stretch of hockey. How good is that?

2. The last games weren't as good, but morale is high. Can the team go back to winning back-to-back?

3. Houston and Philadelphia seem like the early-season front runners. How do you see the near future for them?

5. All-Star weekend is coming up. If you're not selected to go to Houston, will you go for some sweet vacations in Mexico?

Player Ping

1. I felt it was good to have a rocky start. It was a wake up call and we can use it as a reference point throughout the season. 

2. I know we have it in ourselves to get some W's. We'll regroup and play our game.

3. They are certainly good teams. I have to give credit where it's due. However I like being under the radar. I like thinking of us as the dark horse. 

4. I find the biggest surprise to be Philadelphia's 20-1 start. They may be on track to breaking some records if they maintain that pace.

5. I live in Mexico City where I currently play so I'd likely head up North. Not being a big beach guy I'll likely head up to the Grand Canyon and get some hiking in. 

6. Dream vacation would be anywhere with the right people. The experiences with people will outweigh any destination!

6 hours ago, leandrofg said:

Player Ping

1.Not an ideal start for the season, but I think it really helped us find our best footing

2.We've proven before we can win, we just need to find the balance that will put us there

3.Honestly coming off a championship win and going right into dominating the league has really put Philly as a clear leader in the VHLM this season

4.I expected Philly to start off strong this season but I wasn't fully expecting this performance from them

5. Might take a chance to head to the beach and relax for a bit.

6. As a big history buff, it would have to be anywhere with lots of interesting history. Whether that's in the americas, europe, asia or africa is the tough question for me

1. Halfway point of the season. How are you feeling?

2. The team is in 3rd place in the West, and 4th overall. With the trade deadline approaching, do you think we'll be active?

3. How do you see the rest of the season shaping up?

4. It's theme week! Are you participating?

5. Would you ever be interested in being a commissioner?

6. Do you have any conspiracy theories you believe in?

Player Ping

2 minutes ago, leandrofg said:

2. The team is in 3rd place in the West, and 4th overall. With the trade deadline approaching, do you think we'll be active?

Player Ping

1. I feel pretty confident in our group still. We still have that dark horse vibe.

2. Trade deadlines are always tricky. Comes down to if players are available for the right price and that fits our game plan. 

3. You have to focus one game at a time but I think we'll have a stronger second half than first half.

4. I'm hoping to get out there and participate in theme week but there are also many responsibilities outside of the rink so we'll see. 

5. Being a commissioner has many pros and cons. It would be fun and challenging but would also have it's difficulties on top of a time commitment.

6. It's funny because I don't get caught up in conspiracy theories but I'm extremely superstitious which realistically is equally as silly at times.

Let's Go Mexico!

12 hours ago, leandrofg said:

I really like being on top of the sb charts.

Absolutely, we need another dman.

I think we'll stick around this position. Hopefully we can upset some teams come playoffs.

Yes

No. I barely do anything on the forums as is.

If Mississauga ever meets Miami in the finals, Miami must win.

15 hours ago, leandrofg said:

Player Ping

1. Pretty good right now. Think we have what it takes to make an upset or two as we near the end of the season and enter playoff

2. Hopefully, never hurts to really sure up each position to give us the depth we need.

3. Hopefully we can climb the standings a little bit and give chilly, san Diego and Houston a run for their money.

4. Probably not, too much stuff outside of hockey for me to focus on right now

5. If I had the time to invest into being commissioner maybe, but as of right now id rather stick to slapping pucks on some ice.

6.Not really, I'm not too much of a conspiracy person.

1. I feel really good at the moment, the team is playing pretty well hopefully we can keep this up

2. I don't think I will be active in the trade deadline, but you never know

3.  I see us becoming a playoff contender and continuing to get better.

4.maybe will see

5. I don't know seems like a lot of responsibility to take on

6. I mean I guess aliens, but i don't really know if that counts 

On 7/5/2023 at 5:50 AM, leandrofg said:

Player Ping

1) Excited to be alive

2) You better be or a demand a trade. JK. But that would make you active!

3) Us winning every game the rest of the way with me scoring a hat trick 

4) I don't pay attention, what is the theme? Maybe

5) I was actually the VHLM Commishioner for like 2 real life years. This was back from like 2014-2016 I believe. Man time flies.

6) Aliens (as in some form of life) exists somewhere else. But not anything we could comprehend. We are used to everything having eyes on a head, limbs, a brain and a head in general. What if aliens are something we can't even think of

On 6/19/2023 at 9:50 AM, leandrofg said:

Player Ping

1. I am feeling good. I think we can get back on track.

2. I think just being calm and making sure we play good clean hockey.

3. I feel like it's pretty good. Everyone gets along with everyone.

4. Hopefully playing in the VHL.

5. probably some enchiladas.

6. Ed sheeran. I chose him because I would like to see how he stays so motivated  

1. Looking at the current standings, I’m pretty pumped up joining this team.

2. I really don’t see a reason as to why we shouldn’t be active, additions never hurt really!

3. Pretty positively, we look to be making some acquisitions on top of being a respectable team already.

4. Yes, I am participating in theme week.

5. Nah it wouldn’t be my thing personally. 

6. I’m not a superstitious person. 

Player Ping

Player Ping

1. I am feeling good! Happy with the team. 
2. i think maybe for a few pieces but that’s it.

3. Getting stronger and stronger!

4. Not this week no. 
5. maybe one day, maybe gm first though lol.

6. Yeah but honestly can’t think about them off hand lmao!

1. Trade deadline has come, gone, and we haven't made any moves. Does this prove how good this group is?

2. Instead, the team has been active with the incoming waivers. How important are these mid-season additions for our championship push?

3. This S91 Draft Class is shaping up to be next level. How many will make the VHL?

4. Greenland has been very active with bureaucracy with hopes of having a great National Team. Will they do it?

5. Who will upset Philadelphia in the playoffs?

6. Three hours ago, what were you doing?

Player Ping

26 minutes ago, leandrofg said:

1. Trade deadline has come, gone, and we haven't made any moves. Does this prove how good this group is?

2. Instead, the team has been active with the incoming waivers. How important are these mid-season additions for our championship push?

3. This S91 Draft Class is shaping up to be next level. How many will make the VHL?

4. Greenland has been very active with bureaucracy with hopes of having a great National Team. Will they do it?

Player Ping

1. Not making any moves only shows that our GM believes in us. I'm excited to show that it was the right decision.

2. Mid season waivers is a great way to improve a team with breaking too much chemistry. We didn't lose anyone so we are only better now!

3. It should be a good draft class and I'm looking forward to see the impact they have on the VHL landscape.

4. I hope every country creates a great hockey program! More talent in more places just makes every league stronger. 

5. Who do you think I'm going to say will upset Philadelphia in the playoffs!? Mexico City all the way!!!

6. I was sleeping three hours ago. Dreaming of upsetting Philadelphia.

7 hours ago, leandrofg said:

1. The main additions made were FA signings, so I think we improved but also reinforced confidence in the team

2. I think these additions have small but notable, so very helpful in general.

3. I honestly can’t predict how good of a draft class S91 will be, but if its as good as S90 we should be good.

4. As long as they have a skilled team they should.

5. Probably whoever wins the Founder’s Cup.

6. Enjoying my sleep.

Player Ping

On 7/12/2023 at 5:30 AM, leandrofg said:

Player Ping

1: Shows how confident and coordinated our group is, and puts into perspective how tight of a bond our team has.

-

2: Not gonna comment on myself, but I think Sam has done a great job adding solid depth midway through the season.

-

3: As a part of this class it is exciting; and I think the best of the best (including me) will continue on into the VHL.

-

4: Not sure, haven’t followed it very much. Credit to them though, great country.

-

5: Hopefully us if anybody. I want the smoke.

6: Currently camping, so I was playing cornhole.

Sometimes when you don't need to make moves, it's because it's simply not necessary. This roster is very, very good on paper. 

Being one of the waiver pick-ups I'm very bias, but I think having that depth is going to be huge come playoff time, when we're actually usable. 

I'm going to say the first two rounds have a possibility of all becoming VHLers at this rate. 

Again, totally bias as I am one of the one's attempting to bring great things to Greenland, so the very obvious answer is... yes :D

Us, there is no doubt about it, if we face-off for the cup, they're going down. Confidence is key in a massive matchup like this one. 

Sleeping, it's early, and I worked late, so I was happy in bed, now I'm miserable back at work, go figure eh? 

Edited by InstantRockstar

On 7/12/2023 at 4:30 AM, leandrofg said:

Player Ping

1. I think it shows faith in the team from the manager. We have a good group of lads that can give any team a run for their money.

2. I think it really helps shore up the lines as well as gives a some players a bit of playing time to show how good they can be.

3.Can't say how many will make it to the VHL but I'm excited to see how they do.

4.I sure hope so.

5. I believe Mexico City can make the run and hopefully upset Philly

6. Getting some good shut eye.