Mexico City Kings Press Conference

Nykonax

On 7/12/2023 at 5:30 AM, leandrofg said:

:mex: Kings Press Conference :mex:

Answering three questions gets you 1 Capped TPE

Answering six questions gets you 2 Capped TPE

1. Trade deadline has come, gone, and we haven't made any moves. Does this prove how good this group is?

2. Instead, the team has been active with the incoming waivers. How important are these mid-season additions for our championship push?

3. This S91 Draft Class is shaping up to be next level. How many will make the VHL?

4. Greenland has been very active with bureaucracy with hopes of having a great National Team. Will they do it?

5. Who will upset Philadelphia in the playoffs?

6. Three hours ago, what were you doing?

Player Ping

1. Proves the gm’s believe in us! Shows we have done enough to impress!

2.they are very important, can change the way the team performs massively.

3.Lots, good luck to em all!

4. Give it to them!!

5. Hopefully they don’t play us 

6. Eating dinner!

On 7/12/2023 at 2:30 AM, leandrofg said:

1. Trade deadline has come, gone, and we haven't made any moves. Does this prove how good this group is?

2. Instead, the team has been active with the incoming waivers. How important are these mid-season additions for our championship push?

3. This S91 Draft Class is shaping up to be next level. How many will make the VHL?

4. Greenland has been very active with bureaucracy with hopes of having a great National Team. Will they do it?

5. Who will upset Philadelphia in the playoffs?

6. Three hours ago, what were you doing?

Player Ping

1. It proves how good our team is and the chemistry of our team.

2. I think it is super important. to have these additions. It will help add depth to our team.

3. I think a good amount of them will make it to the VHL.

4. I think they will as it helps promote the game even more.

5. I think we will.

6. I was doing homework.

:mex: Kings Press Conference :mex:

1. The season is officially over. How do you feel overall mexico preformed this season?

2. What do you think will be the most important thing for Mexico to have a successful playoff run?

3. If you had to pick a MVP from the season who would it be? Why?

4. What do you think is the most underrated attribute? Why?

5. What do you feel is your players biggest strength? How will that contribute to our success in playoffs?

6. Who is your dream dinner guest? 

Edited by samx

38 minutes ago, samx said:

1. The season is officially over. How do you feel overall mexico preformed this season?

2. What do you think will be the most important thing for Mexico to have a successful playoff run?

5. What do you feel is your players biggest strength? How will that contribute to our success in playoffs?

1.I feel we should've finished with a better record. That being said, you should always strive to be better and I don't think we played poorly nor think we were a bottom half team. 

2. I think in order to have a strong playoff run we just need to button up and play a bit stronger defensively. 

3. Carson Walker Jr. He was a beast all season on both sides of the rink. 

4. Speed. Speed can create more open ice and can tire out opponents.

5. Defensive coverage and offensive vision. I think I play smart on both sides of the ice. I'm hoping to lead by example. 

6. My dream dinner guest would be the late George Carlin. I'd love to understand how he processes things.

1 hour ago, samx said:

1. I feel like the season was a pretty good success, even if we are below teams like Houston 

2. Probably just reliable goaltending 

3. Carson Walker Jr was huge in a lot of games for Mexico, and so was Avecado!

4. Speed. I am Speed. 

5. Verhault is very well rounded, he’s a plug and play type of guy and an ideal special teamer. A great role player for a playoff team

6. Juuse Saros

On 7/22/2023 at 1:50 PM, samx said:

we lived up to our expectations. onto the postseason.

consistency always is key, consistent success night in and out.

jose avocado, personal bias. consistent brick wall performances and helped the team get out of holes in clutch situations.

always something related to skating or physical. hitting is underrated

my ability to shut down the five hole, and my ability to stop one on one situations—odd man rushes.

jay-z 

On 7/22/2023 at 1:50 PM, samx said:

1. Pretty solid. Had our ups and downs but we worked through them as a team.

-

2. Guys like myself, who didn’t have a big role in the regular season, step up and do our part.

-

3. Coaching staff. Great job running the team and motivating everyone to keep going every day.

-

4. Couldn’t choose one, but one that’s slept on is size. Who wouldn’t want a 6’8 500 pound monster in the net?

5. My bench warming is elite. I probably won’t help us in playoffs, that’s the reason I’m so good at it.

6. Tage Thompson… my goat.

- I joined lately but thoroughly feel the season went good. I know we had some bumps after adding myself and some other later newcomers, but overall I felt the season went smooth and now the playoffs look bright. 

- Consistency really. It'll be hard losing one game 5-0 then winning another 4-3. We need to find our rythym, outscore the opposition and take off like a jet. 

- The whole damn team of course, ain't no one claiming that solo ;)

- Probably strength honestly... a lot of people don't realize but, if you want to keep possession... you need to be strong enough to not get bodied off the puck... 

- Right now I am not really doing much offensively, so I'd say my defensive play and my face-off ability on the third line will help us go deep! 

- Sports wise, Ryan Getzlaf or Teemu Selanne, but just overall, it would be Kevin Costner

1. It's time! Playoffs. All we work for during the regular season. How are you feeling?

2. After the first couple of sims, we sit 1-1. What's the key to beating the Hounds?

3. What makes this group a serious contender for the Founder's Cup?

4. Houston is down 0-2 as a major favorite. Will they turn it around?

5. Who do you think will win the Continental Cup?

6. What was the dumbest thing you witnessed in a restaurant?

Player Ping

46 minutes ago, leandrofg said:

1. It's time! Playoffs. All we work for during the regular season. How are you feeling?

2. After the first couple of sims, we sit 1-1. What's the key to beating the Hounds?

Player Ping

1. I feel great! I feel I'm as good as I can be to help the team move on and have a successful playoff run.

2. Strong defense seems to be the key. I don't think we were fully ready for Game 1 but man did I love how we bounced back in game 2.

3. I've said it before. We've got a good group here and we're going to put it all into our game. Determination will help us prevail.

4. I love upsets but Houston is really good. I'll be curious to see how the following two games play out. I think whomever wins game 3 will win the series.

5. This is a tough one. There are numerous good teams. But I'm going with Prague. I hope to contribute to their playoff runs in the future!

6. It wasn't in the restaurant but I was with a friend and she pulled into Wendy's parking lot and went behind a car. I noticed quickly but instead of saying something I wanted to see how long it would take for her to realize. We waited a few minutes until a car drove past us into the drive thru. She pulled into the parking lot and essentially parked behind a parked car thinking it was the drive thru. To this day, I have no idea what went on in her head to do something like this. 

7 hours ago, leandrofg said:

1. I’m fairly confident going into the playoffs, we definitely have potential. 

2. As I said before we need reliable goaltending. 

3. I would say our depth and determination as a team. 

4. I honestly have no idea, but its always a ton of fun to see an upset in the playoffs. 

5. MEXICO CITY BABY

6. A line for the Grimace shake. Just the shake. 

Player Ping

Was feeling pretty good for a bit there until we lost. Really sad to see us go out the way we did :(

We didn't beat them... sadly. I really wish we had, but the sims had better plans for us. 

I think we had the "on-paper" appeal however its clear that in the sims we were just not meant to win it all. Damn Simon... 

I have to be honest, I didn't pay a single ounce of attention to the other games, no clue even to this day how they went LOL 

Biasly rooting for NYA as my (now) retired player is on there as the goalie. Hoping he wins one cup as his final hoorah. 

Someone screaming at the waiter for certain things being on their bill, then finally admitting they 'forgot' they ordered that... pure idiocy. 

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for getting this posted so late. I will get them out earlier starting next week.

1. It is the off-season, what are your plans?

2. What are your thoughts on last season?

3. I know most people dont read books as much as they used to, but if you would recommend 1 book, what would it be?

4. Involved in any off-season tournaments?

5. Favorite pro-sports player?

8 hours ago, Otis Boudreaux Jr said:

Sorry for getting this posted so late. I will get them out earlier starting next week.

3. I know most people dont read books as much as they used to, but if you would recommend 1 book, what would it be?

1. My plans this off-season would be to relax with the family and work on aspects of my game that needs improvement.

2. Last season, while I improved individually, was a bit of a disappointment as I felt I could've helped pushed the team further than our final result.

3. I read books all the time. Currently rereading the classic Napalm and Silly Putty by the legendary George Carlin. Still my all time favorite book is Ready Player One though. 

4. Was selected to represent the United States of America. 

5. Brian Gionta

Preparing for the draft at this point, getting some off-season training done in the hopes to boost my ranking

I joined Mexico late and had a lot of fun, playoffs were sad only because I felt we had the ability to go deep and got swept out a little early

I read mostly in school, high school in particular, and To Kill A Mockbird to this day is still a must read for anyone who is into the thriller type books

I haven't been pinged for any, so as of yet, no. 

Hockey wise will always be Ryan Getzlaf, but athlete from any sport, I'd go with Kobe Bryant from the Lakers. I was absolutely devestated when he passed the way he did. 

Press Conference Time Again!!

1. The draft is on Wednesday, we have all 7 of our draft picks. So if I called you for draft advice, what should I do with our 1st pick?

2. If we could magically get a player on our team from someone else, who would you want?

3. I have not selected an AGM yet, what do you want to see from the front office staff?

4. What is your hidden gem of a movie, no one has heard of it but you watch it every chance you get?

5. 1st weekend of NFL preseason is over? Super-excited for the start of the season? Or, what is the NFL? Or, somewhere in between?

1.  Take the best player available! 
2. McLean Hoover from Rome.

3. A new user who is dedicated to learning!

4. Damn this is a good question, but tenacious d and the pick of destiny, popular probably but so good lol

5. super excited,  i love to bet on it lol

New presser for this week!

1. Draft is over...thoughts on how we did?

2. Too too early prediction, how do we do this season?

3. If you were the GM, what strategy would you follow, try to "win right now" or build a team for next season?

4. The Women's World Cup final is today, did you watch the World Cup or not really interested in soccer (non-American football)?

5. Breakfast...the meal of champions...or is that what we call an early lunch?

On 8/13/2023 at 10:55 PM, Kisslinger said:

1.  Take the best player available! 
2. McLean Hoover from Rome.

3. A new user who is dedicated to learning!

4. Damn this is a good question, but tenacious d and the pick of destiny, popular probably but so good lol

5. super excited,  i love to bet on it lol

Do you win your bets? I used to do that years ago...but I seemed to lose more than I won, lol. 

On 8/20/2023 at 10:55 AM, Otis Boudreaux Jr said:

Do you win your bets? I used to do that years ago...but I seemed to lose more than I won, lol. 

i actually never placed any bets yet ahahha

On 8/20/2023 at 10:50 AM, Otis Boudreaux Jr said:

New presser for this week!

1. Draft is over...thoughts on how we did?

2. Too too early prediction, how do we do this season?

3. If you were the GM, what strategy would you follow, try to "win right now" or build a team for next season?

4. The Women's World Cup final is today, did you watch the World Cup or not really interested in soccer (non-American football)?

5. Breakfast...the meal of champions...or is that what we call an early lunch?

1. You guys did a good job, It is really hard to tell in the VHLM if players will work out since it is an entry league but I am sure it was awesome. 

2. I think you guys are a middle-of-the-pack team, I think you guys could maybe surprise some players and teams. 

3. Honestly, for me. If I was a VHLM gm I would more or so focus more on building an active locker room, It is hard for some VHLM teams but it really does help, and you do a great job at trying to engage the locker room so great job! The future is great for Mexico with you as GM!

4. I didn't want any after Canada got eliminated, to be honest, but I believe Spain won over England. congrats to them!

5. mannnn, I am not a fan of breakfast foods, supper, and lunch foods are so much more elite lol.  

• 2 weeks later...

:mex: MEXICO CITY KINGS PRESS CONFERENCE :mex:

1. We are one week into the season, what do you think we can improve on?

2. Is you're player doing better than you expected or worse?

3. Arne Holmquist has done really well so far, do you think they were a draft steal, if no why?

4. What do you think our team has done the best job at?

5. Would you rather get a 30 min conversation with your favorite hockey player OR win his autographed jersey in the mail? why?

6. Does a straw have one hole, or two? explain.

Week ending Sept. 3rd

1. I think tightening up defensively and working on our puck retrievals in the corners will help us get better.

2. Slightly worse. I’d like to see that +/- be a bit better but with a losing record I’m not sure if that’s realistic

3. He was a gem for sure. He’s putting up good numbers as d-man and a second round pick to get him is good value.

4. We’ve been doing a decent job of keeping the puck out of the net. Our goals against is about average in the league. We just need to score some more goals

5. A conversation would be pretty cool but sometimes it doesnt live up to expectation and leaves you disappointed so it’s a tough call.

6. a straw is essentially a tube or a cylinder which has two ends or openings but only one hole connects the two sides

:mex: MEXICO CITY KINGS PRESS CONFERENCE :mex:

1. What are you focusing on with your player?

2. Do you think we'll make the playoffs?

3. What type of player do you plan on building

4. Who do you think is our rival this season, why?

5. If you had to choose any one VHL team to be drafted by, who would it be?

6. Did the chicken come first or the egg? explain.

My answer to the Conference questions:

1. I want to focus on Speed, Passing and Shooting for my Player.

2. I think we have a chance to make the playoffs.

3. I am not yet sure, perhaps an offensive support type of player to increase our goal chances.

4. I think Halifax 21st could become our rival, I feel that we are currently equal. 

5. I think that would have been the Malmo Nighthawks.

6. The egg came first, The Chicken were supposed to be another animal, but we were graced by the fabulous Chicken.