Moscow Menace Press Conference

Week of Nov 14 - Nov 20

Claim six answers for 2 TPE

1. With the VHL regular season approaching in the coming days, what are you looking forward to most?
2. What would you consider a good season for your player in Season 86?
3. What do you think about Moscow's decision to trade our S86 1st (15th overall) for Prague's S87 1st round pick?
4. Have anything you are eyeing this season's Black Friday?
5. Do you have a direction you are looking to build your player this season?
6. Who's your favorite to win the Stanley Cup this year?

1. With the VHL regular season approaching in the coming days, what are you looking forward to most?

A little late, but it's been a slower start than expected but the team is starting to warm up. I'm looking forward to not being poop.

2. What would you consider a good season for your player in Season 86?

Basically, anything better than last season, as I hope to progress a little more each season. That's not too much to ask is it?

3. What do you think about Moscow's decision to trade our S86 1st (15th overall) for Prague's S87 1st round pick?

All of the roster moves and back room deals/strategy is way above my pay grade. I'm strictly a player only.

4. Have anything you are eyeing this season's Black Friday?

I'm not really in a position to make any big purchases right now, so I'll sit and wait for the right deal on the right product at another time.

5. Do you have a direction you are looking to build your player this season?

Well I'm struggling a little right now, so I just want to be a contributor for the Menace and eventually become Markinson lite. Will it happen...who the hell knows?

6. Who's your favorite to win the Stanley Cup this year?

Based purely on Kaapo Kakko's name, the mighty NY Rangers.

Week of Nov 21 - Nov 27

1. How are you feeling about your player's season so far?

3. Who do you think emerges #1 in the European conference this season?

2. You keeping up with the World Cup, and if so, any teams you are cheering for?

4. You have to fight a player on the other team in the VHL, who are you fighting?

5. What team surprised you the most this season, whether it be positive or negative?

6. What is your favorite part of your thanksgiving meal?

1. How are you feeling about your player's season so far?

He's been abysmal to be perfectly honest, but it's expected at this point. It's been a while since Simon has hated me.

3. Who do you think emerges #1 in the European conference this season?

I'd like to say Moscow, but if Warsaw can tighten up the defense, then they have the firepower to get to #1

2. You keeping up with the World Cup, and if so, any teams you are cheering for?

I only manage to catch the highlights unfortunately. No real teams to support but hope all the Qatari organizers catch covid.

4. You have to fight a player on the other team in the VHL, who are you fighting?

I'd rather fight a teammate and create some serious headlines.

5. What team surprised you the most this season, whether it be positive or negative?

I'd say Seattle fleecing GM's in the offseason, but that's hardly a surprise at this point. I'd say Moscow thinking that Voss could fill a Markinson-type role. LOL, good one Moscow!

6. What is your favorite part of your thanksgiving meal?

I don't celebrate thanksgiving, but hope that everyone that does/did had a great time.

Week of Nov 28 - Dec 4

1. What are your opinions of the trade with Vancouver of Sergey Preobrazhensky for Nico Peace?

2. We're getting close to half way through the S86 season, who do you think will be leading in +/- for Moscow by the end of the season?

3. The European conference seems wide open for the top 4 teams to take 1st in the conference, who do you thin ends up winning the EU conference?

4. If your VHL player could have one super power, what would it be and why?

5. Which players performance in the VHL are you most surprised about this season, and why?

6.  You had any snowfall recently where you are located? Yesterday it snowed in Vancouver and the whole city shut down (if you want a laugh, read this thread. A 30 minute commute home from work took some people 11 hours)

1. What are your opinions of the trade with Vancouver of Sergey Preobrazhensky for Nico Peace?

I hadn't really got to know Sergey(although of course I'd just done a Moscow sig for him LOL) but the addition of Nico was a nice move.

2. We're getting close to half way through the S86 season, who do you think will be leading in +/- for Moscow by the end of the season?

I don't really track stats, but Wilk is leading right now, so I challenge every Moscow to chase him.

3. The European conference seems wide open for the top 4 teams to take 1st in the conference, who do you thin ends up winning the EU conference?

I'll say Warsaw based on their current Goal Difference.

Freeze time. Imagine the shit, both good and bad that I could do!

5. Which players performance in the VHL are you most surprised about this season, and why?

I thought Art Vandelay was supposed to be the second coming of Christ?

6.  You had any snowfall recently where you are located? 

Nope and if it does, something is very wrong and the world is likely fucked.

Week of Dec 5 - Dec 11

1. Papa Emeritus is encroaching on the franchise record for wins in his final season, do you think he will eclipse Raymond Bernard? (as if writing this he needs 14 wins in 25 games)

2. Since the Pearce trade, we have been one of the hottest teams in the VHL. Where do you predict we fall on the overall rankings at the end of the season?

3. How are you enjoying the World Cup? What country do you think will win this year?

4. If your VHL player was to play a different sport at a pro level, what do you think they would choose?

5. Do you have a favorite soft drink? If so, what one?

6.  If you could go back to any moment in time for 60 seconds, and return safely, what would you choose?

51 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Week of Dec 5 - Dec 11

1. Papa Emeritus is encroaching on the franchise record for wins in his final season, do you think he will eclipse Raymond Bernard? (as if writing this he needs 14 wins in 25 games)

2. Since the Pearce trade, we have been one of the hottest teams in the VHL. Where do you predict we fall on the overall rankings at the end of the season?

3. How are you enjoying the World Cup? What country do you think will win this year?

4. If your VHL player was to play a different sport at a pro level, what do you think they would choose?

6.  If you could go back to any moment in time for 60 seconds, and return safely, what would you choose?

1. I certainly think he could do it, he's been playing really well for us recently. I think we're also playing some of the bottom 2 teams in the EU a decent number of times to end the season so it could be close!

2. The standard in the VHL is always to be the best team, and that's certainly within our sights as well. We're in 3rd place now, just a point behind Warsaw and just 7 points behind Calgary with 2 games in hand. It'd certainly be nice to have home ice advantage through the playoffs.

3. I enjoyed the hype of watching the USA vs England game for about the first 30 minutes, but it was a bit of a snoozefest after a bit. Disappointing, and I haven't really watched many other games either.

4. I'd honestly like to play volleyball or badminton. Both are two of my go-to fun/casual sports to play with friends and I think it'd be really fun at a pro level.

5. Fanta is probably my top option, followed closely by Dr Pepper. Stewart's Orange Cream Soda though has to round out the top three there.

6. I had a few morbid ones at first but I'll go with James Harrison's pick six in the Super Bowl against the Cards. I bet the stadium was absolutely electric for the longest pick six in Super Bowl history.

21 hours ago, Brandon said:

Week of Dec 5 - Dec 11

1.  I think he will, Papa shows no signs of really slowing down and continues to max earn toward the end of his career.  He can totally do it.

2. Wow I completely missed this trade somehow??? I had to go check it out. Huge boost for the Menace to have Pearce back in the mix, sucks things couldn't work out for him in Vancouver.  This totally boosts Moscow to finish 2nd overall, just behind the Wranglers.

3. I think France will win, and it'll be a Brazil VS France final.  I've watched a little bit but not a lot, been betting on it quite a bit though.  Wouldn't mind seeing a Messi/Ronaldo matchup like everyone else though.  However, France seems too deep.

4. Football, as a Running Back.

5. No favourite, it kinda changes.  I avoid pop for the most part but do enjoy them all.  Coke Zero is my mature answer lol, but I'm a sucker for Pineapple Crush.

6. Back to prehistoric times, just to see wtf actually goin on.

1. Papa Emeritus is encroaching on the franchise record for wins in his final season, do you think he will eclipse Raymond Bernard? (as if writing this he needs 14 wins in 25 games)

I think he can get there, if the rest of the team can lift to support the chase.

The addition sure has helped, but I prefer to go on a game-to-game basis. If we can build momentum, there's no reason we can't be at the pointy end.

I haven't got much of a chance to watch a lot, but catch highlights every now and then. I picked France before Benzema was hurt, and am sticking with them. 

Noticing the amount of PIM so far this season, possibly a career in MMA.

Michael Jackson sacrificed his hair for it, so I prefer Pepsi over Coke.

6.  If you could go back to any moment in time for 60 seconds, and return safely, what would you choose?

The 60 seconds before the Powerball jackpot entry is purchased(with the winning numbers of course).

On 11/30/2022 at 1:10 PM, Brandon said:

Week of Nov 28 - Dec 4

6.  You had any snowfall recently where you are located? Yesterday it snowed in Vancouver and the whole city shut down (if you want a laugh, read this thread. A 30 minute commute home from work took some people 11 hours)

1. Nico looks good in the shower but how has he been on the ice?

2. The lucky player that knows when to get off the ice at the right time.

3. I would say it will be hard to beat Warsaw when you can't beat Malmo.....

4. X-Ray vision. I have my reasons, don't judge.

5. I thought Voss was going to do better with Moscow. He was a great player when in Malmo with Torq.

6. Yes, it snows too much here in Utah and it is too cold as well. -10F last night.

Week of Dec 18 - Dec 25

1. The current S86 playoff series between Moscow and Davos is currently tied 2-2 at the moment, who do you think will win the series?

2. Moscow finished 1st in the European Conference, who do you think our team MVP was for the season?

3. How do you feel about the World Cup now that it is done?

4. What was your favorite charity auction item that was done this year? If you don't, what's something nice you've done in the past week?

5. If you celebrate Christmas, what was your favorite part of it this year? 

6. What is your favorite song right now?

1. The current S86 playoff series between Moscow and Davos is currently tied 2-2 at the moment, who do you think will win the series?

Well it's happened now. Disappointing, but everyone tried their best so we'll take a break and try again next season.

2. Moscow finished 1st in the European Conference, who do you think our team MVP was for the season?

Papa with 43 wins tried hard, but he couldn't do it all by himself.

Wait....there was a World Cup?

4. What was your favorite charity auction item that was done this year? If you don't, what's something nice you've done in the past week?

There was a lot of good options this time, but I didn't get to bid on any of them this time 🙁

Technically I do celebrate it, but I generally find it annoying, so don't expect to enjoy the last week of December.

HARDY - Rednecker

On 12/25/2022 at 11:59 PM, Brandon said:

Week of Dec 18 - Dec 25

1. I am going out on a limb but unfortunately, I think Davos wins.

2. Oh, so many to pick from. I would say it's that one guy that did really good.

3. World Cup? That is a big jock strap.

4. I helped an old woman unload her groceries. Oh wait, that was my wife.

5. My favorite part of the year is when Christmas is over.

6. I have had that 4 non blonde's song going through my head, can't think of the name. What's going on.

Blame Cole

Papa was good

what exactly world cup youre talking about?

wasnt checking much these threads so I cant tell

having free days from work

None. straight like that

• 2 weeks later...

Week of Jan 8 - Jan 15

1. Now that the S86 season is complete, did the playoffs go as you expected? (I got 1 TPE for predictions so you can guess how mine went)

2. What do you think about the recent MOS/DC trade involving DC SUPERSTAR Ronan Lavelle?

3. Do you believe in new years resolutions, and if so, what were yours?

4. Who's your favorite NHL team, and how are they doing this season?

5. With the Moscow roster essentially locked in with cap, where do you think we place in the European Conference?

6. Who do you think will score the most points on Moscow next season?

3 hours ago, Brandon said:

Week of Jan 8 - Jan 15

1. Now that the S86 season is complete, did the playoffs go as you expected? (I got 1 TPE for predictions so you can guess how mine went)

2. What do you think about the recent MOS/DC trade involving DC SUPERSTAR Ronan Lavelle?

5. With the Moscow roster essentially locked in with cap, where do you think we place in the European Conference?

1. I think it was underwhelming for sure. No one wants to lose in the first round, and especially against a team that you have good results against during the regular season.

2. It's pretty cool to bring in a great player who has been playing really well the past couple seasons. Very exciting to see what kind of production we'll have as a team next season!

3. One piece of advice I've always liked to follow is that "you don't need to wait until the top of the hour to decide to do something." It was a fallacy that I used to do a lot in high school and college, and it just wasn't productive. You can make changes to your life at any point, not just at New Year's, so I don't care much for resolutions. 

4. The penguins, and they started off quite well, had a nice run in November into December. Now they're falling apart which is pretty tough. Hope they can get a playoff spot.

5. I think top 1 or 2 probably, this is a really talented team that just needs to build some chemistry and handle larger assignments individually. Excited to have Mediocre One with us this season as well, I think he's a promising rookie.

6. I'll go with Tomas Sogaard, he's really due for massive breakout year.

4 hours ago, Brandon said:

Week of Jan 8 - Jan 15

1. They did not, I didn’t expect it to be Prague on the other end. I did pick Vancouver on the other side so that’s not so bad. However, I picked them losing to Moscow ironically. 
2. I am super stoked about it. I had a great first half of my career in DC, I am hyped to hopefully finish it in Moscow. The core of this team has me very excited. I hope I can be the difference maker from past Moscow contending teams. 
3. I think whatever anyone needs for motivation is great. I don’t personally usually set them, but what I do like to do is set places I would like to go during the following year. I believe vacations and getting out there is very important mental health wise, and spiritually.

4. The New York Islanders. They are a bubble playoff team but scoring 5 goals in their last 4 is not going to cut it. Ilya Sorokin is the only saving grace this season for us other than maybe Noah Dobson. 
5. Absolutely first place. I’m extremely confident in this despite competition from very good Prague, Warsaw and Davos teams competing with us. 
6. This is a great question and tough one. I believe Sogaard is due for a big season with 115+ points or Pearce will return to MVP form and lead the way.

I didn't follow the playoffs actually. I know, some team guy I am!

Great player that will fit in well with the rest of the team. Hope he can bring us closer to a title.

Nope. Promising yourself that you'll do something better, when you've had 364 other chances to change/improve is bullshit.

I think it's the Rangers, but zero clue to be honest.

If we don't win the Euro, Spartan has permission to cull the dead weight(Voss).

Probably Lavelle now!

1. Now that the S86 season is complete, did the playoffs go as you expected?

I think the playoffs for me could’ve gone better for me but it was good to get some experience 

2. What do you think about the recent MOS/DC trade involving DC SUPERSTAR Ronan Lavelle?

im very impartial to the trade 

I do not believe in them as nobody actually sticks to them so what’s the point 

Anaheim Ducks, they are playing alright to be fair zegras is making moves but just not getting results

5. With the Moscow roster essentially locked in with cap, where do you think we place in the European Conference?

I think with the team there’s definitely a shot for a run for the cup 

6. Who do you think will score the most points on Moscow next season?

I actually do not know it could be anyone

Week of Jan 16 - Jan 22

1. What are you most looking forward to in the upcoming S87 season?

2. Which player do you think has the best name in the VHL/VHLE/VHLM?

3. In general, how's this off-season been for you?

4. Who do you think is going to be our hardest opponent this upcoming season?

5. Cake vs Pie, which one are you choosing, and what kind?

6. Who is your current favorite NHL player?