Moscow Menace Press Conference

1. New season, new feel. How are you feeling going into the new season?

Feeling great, we have a really good team and should be one of the top contenders for the cup.

2. Did you Participate in VHFL? How's your team look?

I did not, there are times where I go a long time without accessing the forum so don't want to mess with it.

3. Did you remember to do your predictions? Which is your lock of the year prediction?

I did, I don't know if I ever feel like I have a lock on something.  Maybe Idaho for 2 way player?

4. How do you think your build with the new attribute system turned out - we got a preview with pre-season and the first few sims of the season!

I think it's turned out about as well as I expected for me.  A little shy of point per game early on, but that is not a total surprise to me given my history.

5. Off-season was super long... was it too long of a break, or was it well needed?

The break doesn't bother me and I'm sure the higher ups appreciated the extra time to make sure everything starts smoothly in this new VHL era.

6. NHL Playoffs starting soon; Stanley Cup Prediction?

Avalanche going to win, this is the year for sure!

On 4/22/2022 at 10:13 PM, STZ said:

Week of April 18 - 24th

Claim six answers for 2 TPE

New Season Edition!

Considering our current progress, pretty good.

Yes, and I think pretty good, probably should've gotten a better forward lineup though.

3. Did you remember to do your predictions? Which is your lock of the year prediction?

Mubble winning the Stolz.

4. How do you think your build with the new attribute system turned out - we got a preview with pre-season and the first few sims of the season!

We're really good. Also, I haven't changed too much.

5. Off-season was super long... was it too long of a break, or was it well needed?

I think it was needed to get everyone's build set up before the start of the season.

Florida

On 4/22/2022 at 10:13 PM, STZ said:

Week of April 18 - 24th

New Season Edition!

1. I feel alright, happy to have VHL Hockey back. 

2. Of course I did, hopefully I built myself another winner. 

3. Us winning the Continental Cup of course. For once I actually was able to remember to do the predictions so I hope it goes well.

4.I'm not exactly thrilled about my build just yet but it's a small sample size.

5. Well of course it was needed with all the changes going on with the change in attributes. It gave us more time to heal from another finals dissapointment too.

6. Florida Panthers, Cup Finalists.

Week of April 25th - May 1st

1. Do you need a new signature? What render/colour scheme you prefer?

2. The team has been red hot to start the season, what can we attribute this to?

3. Duncan Idaho looks to take on even more Menace All-Time Records, as he's about a season or so away from the Assists lead. Do you think his All-Time Menace records can be broken?

4. This season has been a redemption year for Harkat Mulds. With Mulds, Hlozek and Massif all excelling in their change of scenery, who has stood out the most to you? 

5. Papa has awoken. Is Emeritus taken the step into the elite goaltending category we all expected him to be? Will this push the Menace past the 2nd place mark they've hit three years in a row?

6. I spent $150 on Valorant skins earlier this week.. What's the dumbest purchase you've ever made?

I don't, still rocking the one @OrbitingDeath made me for my charity donation.

2. The team has been red hot to start the season, what can we attribute this to?

We have a very good team overall.  We've had some good goaltending and we are playing a very physical game, which I think helps.

3. Duncan Idaho looks to take on even more Menace All-Time Records, as he's about a season or so away from the Assists lead. Do you think his All-Time Menace records can be broken?

Never say never I suppose but it would take another legendary player to even attempt to.

4. This season has been a redemption year for Harkat Mulds. With Mulds, Hlozek and Massif all excelling in their change of scenery, who has stood out the most to you? 

Hlozek has been great so far, picking up where he left off in LA.  I think Mulds is also exceeding expectations.

5. Papa has awoken. Is Emeritus taken the step into the elite goaltending category we all expected him to be? Will this push the Menace past the 2nd place mark they've hit three years in a row?

He's been very solid so far, but with his current stats I wouldn't say he is quite there yet, but the season is long still.  Could have a couple bad games weighing down that stat line.  

6. I spent $150 on Valorant skins earlier this week.. What's the dumbest purchase you've ever made?

I'm not sure about the absolute dumbest but I have bought many a thing that I think I will use and then never do.

owen power done in moscow colors

attention to detail on the new builds and getting good lines rolling

every record can be broken with the right set of circumstances

Massif’s 12 goals is impressive. But all three have been great.

I think its more of the builds of the players resulting in less scoring on high rated goalies. But this makes a lot more sense with how very good his build is, his stats should benefit greatly.

a signed hockey jersey for a player that was later traded away from the team I follow.

Week of May 1st - May 8th

1. Moscow is on fire! We've been streaking this season, does this feel any different than our past seasons of dominance?

2. Have you enjoyed following your player this season? How productive have they been?

3. What city does your player like playing in the most?

4. What city does your player dislike playing in the most?

5. Do you think we need to add at the Trade Deadline? What would be a positional need?

6. What activity/past time are you looking forward to getting back to with summer around the corner?

1. Moscow is on fire! We've been streaking this season, does this feel any different than our past seasons of dominance?

It does to me, though that may be because I wasn't on the team in previous seasons.  Win streaks always feel good though.

2. Have you enjoyed following your player this season? How productive have they been?

They are roughly where I thought I would be.  Until my 6 point game today I was a few points behind point per game pace.  Now I'm sitting a few over.  A few over/under is what I expected for the season.

I have to admit I somewhat miss having LA as a home base of sorts.  

Seattle, it's always raining there.

5. Do you think we need to add at the Trade Deadline? What would be a positional need?

I don't think so.  We feel very solid top to bottom.

6. What activity/past time are you looking forward to getting back to with summer around the corner?

For me personally my activities don't really change much between seasons.  I've started a new work out regimen to follow, but it's all inside.

10 hours ago, STZ said:

Week of May 1st - May 8th

1. Of course it does we've went through a few changes last off season. It's nice to be able to show the league that we're still the dominant team in the European Conference.

2. Well with the recent attribute changes I was expecting a change in my player. I won't lie I wasn't as into it this year but he has surprisingly been okay this year after all. 

3.At home playing in front of our great fans, we just feed off their energy.

4. Malmo, they've been a rival for years and lets face it we don't get a warm welcome when we visit.

5. I'm not so sure we even need to add anything we're pretty dominant as it is. 

6. Swimming. I haven't went swimming in a while now looking forward to it. 

Week of May 9th - May 15th

1. We have stood strong in the standings. Do you think we can stay first in the league for the remainder of the year?

2. We've seen our big players play big, but what is an underrated x-factor for the Menace's success?

3. Preobrazhensky with 9 GWG or Markinson with a 3% Shooting percentage... What's more surprising?

4. Moscow has 40 wins after 51 GP. How many wins do we finish with?

5. After falling to the Bears 6-2, are they the biggest threat to this year's cup run?

6. I had the heartbreak of seeing my team lose yet another game seven.. How have the Stanley Cup Playoffs went for you?

1. We have stood strong in the standings. Do you think we can stay first in the league for the remainder of the year?

I think that is more likely than not, though I haven't looked at the schedule.

2. We've seen our big players play big, but what is an underrated x-factor for the Menace's success?

I think everyone has been contributing, which has been huge for our success.  Sometimes the top line pops off, other nights the second line is why we win. 

3. Preobrazhensky with 9 GWG or Markinson with a 3% Shooting percentage... What's more surprising?

I think the 3% shooting percentage is most surprising to me.

We will have over 50 for sure.  I'll guess 55 wins.

5. After falling to the Bears 6-2, are they the biggest threat to this year's cup run?

Either them or Riga/London.  We can't sleep on the other top teams.

6. I had the heartbreak of seeing my team lose yet another game seven.. How have the Stanley Cup Playoffs went for you?

Avalanche are the only team to sweep their first round opponent I'm pretty sure.  So that's pretty good!

Lets Go Hockey GIF by NHL

Will be a tight race but we can do it for sure. Moscow is going all the way.

The fun the team has off the ice keeps us loose in tough situations on the ice.

3% shooting is just bad luck. Something has got to give.

55 wins

yes for sure. It looked that way before the season even started.

fun to watch for sure. I am watching right now as I write this.

Week of May 16th - 22nd

1. Moscow looks to lock up first in the EU Conference. Confidence level for playoffs?

2. What team do you think we match up against the best in the EU?

3. What team do you think will come out of the NA Conference?

4. Which Menace player do you think will be the stud of the Playoffs?

5. Have you ever lost power in your house, and for how long? How did you manage?

6. How has your May Long-Weekend been going?

6 hours ago, STZ said:

Week of May 16th - 22nd

1. Moscow looks to lock up first in the EU Conference. Confidence level for playoffs?

5. Have you ever lost power in your house, and for how long? How did you manage?

1. Well we had a tough stretch going into the playoffs where we seen us get away from what we were doing well. We just got to get back to our system and everything should work out.

2.Prague, we just have their number in the playoffs.

3. Seattle is the team to beat there, they're currently leading the league, they ain't no chumps.

4. Papa Emeritus had a great playoffs last year and I"m convinced he'll be great once again.

5. I lost power in the winter time this year for a couple of days, it sucks, you don't want your pipes to freeze and burst. I'm also old enough to have lived through the northeast blackout of 2003.

6. Putting myself to work, i'm tearing down and rebuilding my deck, wish me luck because I don't know what i'm doing. 

1. Moscow looks to lock up first in the EU Conference. Confidence level for playoffs?

confidence level is very high for us to reach the final. I think if Seattle makes the final we will have a very close matchup.

Riga. Great goal scoring and strong defensive game on both clubs.

It is for sure to be Seattle. They have the least goals against and a big lead in goals for of 42. Only two teams are a positive goal differential.

Its got to be Duncan Idaho who is soon to be a 50 goal scorer for the 4th season in a row.

5. Have you ever lost power in your house, and for how long? How did you manage?

Never for more than a few hours. As long as its not cold out its really not a big deal for me.

it has been alright. Weather has been just ok. Always nice to have any extra time off no matter what.

•  

As a team we should be feeling pretty good about ourselves.  It's not a guarantee to make it to the finals, let alone with them, so we shouldn't sleep on anyone.

I think we match up well against any of them to be honest.

Seattle will win there for sure, not even close this season.

Probably Idaho, when isn't he a stud?

Yes and I always hate it.  Most I have ever been awake for is a couple hours.  Not a fan personally.  Think i did some reading. 

Haven't had mine yet, but this coming weekend is a 4 day one for me so looking forward to that.

Week of May 23rd - May 29th

1. Our ticket is booked. Prague in the first round. Prediction for the round?

2. Any Playoff traditions or superstitions?

3. The Rangers had a bunch of NY Sports ifgures at their playoff game yesterday. Anyone going to show up in Moscow Game 1 and 2?

4. How has your VHL Playoff Predictions went so far?

5. Did you do an NHL Playoff Bracket? How did it go?

6. Since we have three regular members who answer these questions. Who would win a three way knife fight, Garsh, Seabass, or Tape-to-Tape?

On 5/29/2022 at 4:18 PM, STZ said:

Week of May 23rd - May 29th

3. The Rangers had a bunch of NY Sports ifgures at their playoff game yesterday. Anyone going to show up in Moscow Game 1 and 2?

6. Since we have three regular members who answer these questions. Who would win a three way knife fight, Garsh, Seabass, or Tape-to-Tape?

1. Well we came out with the win over Prague. A feel like I struggled at the beginning of the series but found my game near the end, hopefully that success there at the end can transition it's way to the next matchup.

2. Well I have two tranditions I smoke weed before every playoff game going back to our first final's run. The 2nd one is that I fart in the goalies mask before every game. 

3. Putin was in attendance for game 1 and 2 and has always been a avid supporter of the Moscow Menace. 

4. I didn't participate :(

5. Ive done pretty well else than falsely predicting the Tampa/Florida series.

6. I would and it wouldn't even be close. I'm an animal. 

Well it's already happened, we won.

We were great in the regular season so I think I am not going to change anything.  If i did something different than normal that might jinx us.

Not sure, that's not the type of stuff that concerns me to be honest.  Doesn't change how I want to play. 

Doing fine, I think I've predicted the matchups pretty well.

It's going good, predicted the Avs to win it all and they are looking good.

I would win, I very tall and strong, got a reach advantage over the others.

Week of May 30th - June 5th

1. A week later, and we are in the Finals. What makes this one feel different than the last 3 three finals appearances?

2. If the playoffs ended today, who do you think would be deemed most valuable Menace player?

3. What would you say is the biggest X-Factor for the Moscow Menace in this Finals series?

4. What would you say is the biggest X-Factor for the Seattle Bears in this Finals series?

5. What does your player need to do, to be effective and help Moscow win?

6. I just planted my veggies today in my garden.. Do you do any gardening?

1. A week later, and we are in the Finals. What makes this one feel different than the last 3 three finals appearances?

There is a stronger belief in the club. We trust our offence, defense and goalie all the same.

2. If the playoffs ended today, who do you think would be deemed most valuable Menace player?

Emeritus. Close 2nd would be Hlozek. Strong stats for both to make a case.

3. What would you say is the biggest X-Factor for the Moscow Menace in this Finals series?

Would have to be the goaltending. Seattle also has great goaltending but Emeritus hs another level he has yet to bring out.

4. What would you say is the biggest X-Factor for the Seattle Bears in this Finals series?

The same answer, goaltending. This will be a goalie battle but I dont think Seattle prevails.

5. What does your player need to do, to be effective and help Moscow win?

Focus on stopping dangerous scoring positions. Stop plays before they can even start.

6. I just planted my veggies today in my garden.. Do you do any gardening?

I do not but someday I would like to do that.

Week of June 6th - June 12th

Depress Conference

1. Initial thoughts after the game 7 loss to Seattle?

2. Where could your player have played better to have changed the result of the game?

3. What do you think as a whole do we need to adjust to finally achieve a championship?

4. With the cap situation in Moscow, we are likely to lose a high paid player, what player do you think would serve as the best trade bait?

5. Going into the draft we hold a late 1st round pick (TOR). Are there any picks you like at that spot?

6. I just got back from the Canadian Open in Toronto. What is your favorite sporting event to watch live?

11 hours ago, STZ said:

Depress Conference

2. Where could your player have played better to have changed the result of the game?

3. What do you think as a whole do we need to adjust to finally achieve a championship?

4. With the cap situation in Moscow, we are likely to lose a high paid player, what player do you think would serve as the best trade bait?

5. Going into the draft we hold a late 1st round pick (TOR). Are there any picks you like at that spot?

6. I just got back from the Canadian Open in Toronto. What is your favorite sporting event to watch live?

1. Even though my player wasn't playing, I was heavily emotionally invested in the entire playoffs. That was a brutal sim to see. Idaho, Papa, Markinson, Seabass deserved to get a cup together after staying their entire careers thus far with Moscow. Trying to forget it happened, multiple OT losses and game 7 OT loss is hard.

2. My player didn't play, so I can't comment. Although I have to say, when it comes down to a 7 game series, I think it needs to be looked at as a whole. And truthfully when looking at it objectively, Simon is a roll of the dice and that's just the way it landed. I'd be curious to see the % wins if the 7 game series was simulated 100 times.

3. I think this is a championship squad and roster, no question. 4 back to back finals is an insane achievement. Again, I think the Simon dice roll simply landed on the wrong side, frustratingly.

4. Looking at it objectively, it would probably be best to trade Idaho and see where we are at the deadline in the EU scrum that will happen. I foresee us still placing high with our strong defense and Papa. Makes me sad to say that too, because I'll be honest I really want that sweet sweet ice-time I could have had with Idaho, I'd take any minute I could get.

5. Really wanting a D with the 13th pick, hoping it shakes out and we get one in the mix. I'd say realistically, I would say our best bet would be Malum Maellard or Velociraptor Greg at 13, and then BPA at 15, ideally Fraser Wallace or Molly The Cat. 

6. I would have to say soccer in a packed massive stadium. Knockout World Cup match for Italy (or Canada) would be a dream to see. That, or Formula 1 I would love to see, although I haven't yet (probably next year).

16 hours ago, STZ said:

Depress Conference

1. Embarassement, dissapointment, anger. Tired of being a loser. This sucks. 

2. I was a huge letdown this year and I feel like me underperforming was a big reason why we came up short. I was a non factor that whole playoff series against the Bears.

3. I don't really know anymore at this point we've adjusted after every year and we're still not getting it done.

4. I'd rather not have to lose anyone. But i'm sure me or Markinson would be pretty good bait as we both get two years left to Idaho's one. 

5. I haven't done any homework on the draft so I have nobody in mind for that spot, sorry.

6. I'd like to go see the World Juniors tournament go down someday that would be fun to watch, that and the Grey Cup (CFL).

23 hours ago, STZ said:

Depress Conference

1. Absolutely heartbreaking. I was fully invested in this series while I was in Istanbul. While we didn't get the result we wanted, I am so proud to be a part of this organization that got that far. 

2. Part of me wishes that I could've been there to help out, but the team looked perfect as it was. They would've had to take a very good player out of the lineup for me to play. 

3. I'm not really sure what the best course of action would be, but more depth scoring wouldn't hurt. 

4. Idaho would probably get the best return, but I really would like to play with him at some point. 

5. I agree with Brandon that we should probably draft a defenseman with that pick.

6. NHL playoffs is some of the best sports anybody could ever watch.