Moscow Menace Press Conference

3 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Week of Jan 16 - Jan 22

Claim six answers for 2 TPE

1. What are you most looking forward to in the upcoming S87 season?

2. Which player do you think has the best name in the VHL/VHLE/VHLM?

3. In general, how's this off-season been for you?

4. Who do you think is going to be our hardest opponent this upcoming season?

5. Cake vs Pie, which one are you choosing, and what kind?

6. Who is your current favorite NHL player?

1. Earning and making a title run in the VHLE.

2. To be honest. They all lowk suck. Keno Akara solos.

3.  Boring, depressing. I'm tryna get to games fr.

4. The Wolves. They seem like a decent team but Moscow is another great team I wanna see the match-up.

5. Cake, gotta be ice cream to. That got my heart.

6. I don't like the NHL so I couldnt tell you tbh.

On 1/14/2023 at 12:04 AM, Brandon said:

Week of Jan 8 - Jan 15

1. Now that the S86 season is complete, did the playoffs go as you expected? (I got 1 TPE for predictions so you can guess how mine went)

2. What do you think about the recent MOS/DC trade involving DC SUPERSTAR Ronan Lavelle?

3. Do you believe in new years resolutions, and if so, what were yours?

4. Who's your favorite NHL team, and how are they doing this season?

5. With the Moscow roster essentially locked in with cap, where do you think we place in the European Conference?

6. Who do you think will score the most points on Moscow next season?

1. Moscow didn't win. So yeah, about as expected tbf.

2. Pretty MID, only got a blind man out of it.

3. Not really, if you have changes you want to make in your life. Waiting 1 year between them will only slow your improvement.

4. Whoever sucks ass, so usually the Canucks.

5. Barring you starting the season like shit, like you do ever 3 seasons or so. You should win it.

6. It's likely going to be a battle between Lavelle and Pearce, kind of comes down to what the lines are and how everyone works together. You have so much forward depth it's likely you'll have one 90-100 point scorer on the 2nd line and one 110-120 and one 100 point scorer on the 1st. Only Simon knows who will be the chosen one.

Hopefully realizing the potential of Voss. He HAS to be better than last season....right?

2. Which player do you think has the best name in the VHL/VHLE/VHLM?

I'm drawn to Kakapo Bushtit for some reason.

3. In general, how's this off-season been for you?

Run-of-the-mill standard offseason. Banking, asking advice and then applying TPE and crossing fingers.

Whoever gets blessed with the SimonT kiss of BS.

Probably leaning towards pie. Key Lime seems like a good choice today.

Roman Josi!!!!!!

On 1/21/2023 at 4:25 PM, Brandon said:

Week of Jan 16 - Jan 22

1. I'm most looking forward to playing alongside newcomers Ronan Lavelle and rookie The Mediocre One. I think it'll be a great season with the new faces, including rookie Murdock kicking off his career as a starter.

2. I really liked one of @Quik's old players, or at least I think it was his. ACL Tear, just a great name.

3. It's a weird mix of busy and boring. Some days felt like they were super chaotic and I was spending more time than I wanted around the VHL. Some days felt like the canary in the coal mine was about to go off. Either way, glad to be starting the season in just 2 days.

4. I think Warsaw usually gives us a bit of a challenge, though it's been mixed in recent seasons. Sometimes we smash them, sometimes they smash us. We'll find out I suppose.

5. Pie, I don't like cake icing. I'd go with a nice apple or cherry pie.

6. Sidney Crosby is back to being the default answer since John Marino was traded to New Jersey.

Week of Jan 16 - Jan 22

1. Being apart of this team, and seeing what the line combos end up being. We have a great locker room with a lot of talent. 
2. That Zach Arce guy had a pretty cool name. More recently FISTED ANALLY BY A CIRCUS MONKEY Analfist

3. This Free agency was one of the most fun experiences I’ve had in the VHL. 

4. There are quite a few. Warsaw should be tough again, and we will have to keep a big eye out for Calgary and Vancouver on the other side.

5. Chocolate cake always, with chocolate icing and chocolate everything. I also love NY cheesecake. 
6. It’s gotta be Mat Barzal.

Edited by Arce

Week of Jan 16 - Jan 22

I am most looking forward to all the goals I am going to score...or maybe I will just be mediocre as usual, I haven't decided yet 

I don't know about the best but I can certainly tell you who has the most medicore name....

Pretty relaxing, in keeping with my mediocre life style I didn't do any work outs to get ready for the season, just crushed beers and ate pizza

4. Who do you think is going to be our hardest opponent this upcoming season?

Considering that Vancouver won last season I am going to say they will probably be tough to beat but I think we can do it

5. Cake vs Pie, which one are you choosing, and what kind?

I am going to go with Pie...probably pumpkin, or maybe pecan, apple is good too but cake can have too much icing which makes it not good

I am a big Islanders fan so I am going to say Barzal is my current favorite player 

On 1/21/2023 at 3:25 PM, Brandon said:

Week of Jan 16 - Jan 22

Am here now

Cole Pearce to win more awards (not a good start though)

I think the Pearce's got the VHL locked, Kobe in the E, and Andrew Tate in the M

Offseason was boring and eventful, running games for the JST but otherwise drafting and resigning my entire team, so actually it was pretty eventful

I think once Warsaw can figure out what works for them they'll be a tough team.

Depends on the cake and pie but I'll take a cake of an unknown flavor over an unknown pie.

I think Chris Kunitz is still playing but not sure, I just liked him when I was younger since he was on the pens and had the same first name as me.

I am really looking forward to seeing my player start putting up points

2. Which player do you think has the best name in the VHL/VHLE/VHLM?

Xiaoping Benguin Dinghao Aland

3. In general, how's this off-season been for you?

pretty good to be honest

Vancouver

Pie. Apple Pie

Trevor Zegras

Dropping some questions so folks can get their TPE!

1. Over the past few sims, our Power Play has struggled mightily. What do you think we need to change in order to make it successful?

2. Hammar Voss is 5th in the league in points, and 2nd amongst defensemen this season. What is he doing well that gives him this much success?

3. Moscow currently has 4 players over a point per game, is this something we can maintain? Can more players make it to this level of production?

4. Management has offered players the ability to pick one drink for the locker room for free. What drink do you choose and why?

5. Management is also considering purchasing all players a new pair of headphones for travel. What would you recommend the team receives?

6. Fall Out Boy and Bring me the Horizon are doing an NA tour this summer. If you could see any artist/group live, who would you see and why?

1. Over the past few sims, our Power Play has struggled mightily. What do you think we need to change in order to make it successful?

- I am not quite sure but let's do something crazy and mix it up. Throw all high scorers and no defense or something.

2. Hammar Voss is 5th in the league in points, and 2nd amongst defensemen this season. What is he doing well that gives him this much success?

- Well getting points seems to be a lot of what he is doing. He seems to be an assist machine so I would venture to guess he is passing the puck well

3. Moscow currently has 4 players over a point per game, is this something we can maintain? Can more players make it to this level of production?

- We can absolutely maintain this, if we keep improving our scoring and passing abilities I have no doubt we can add more players to the point per game club. If I wasn't so darn mediocre I might be able to make it there, but at least it seems like people like to score when I am on the ice given my 12 +/-

4. Management has offered players the ability to pick one drink for the locker room for free. What drink do you choose and why?

- Are we talking alcoholic drinks here or only stuff we can drink during the game? Alcoholic I would say get us some pappy but if we are talking nonalcoholic then some Bang energy drinks are where it's at cause I mean who doesnt like those?

5. Management is also considering purchasing all players a new pair of headphones for travel. What would you recommend the team receives?

- Some bose noise cancelling ones would be great so I don't have to listening to the snoring while we travel

6. Fall Out Boy and Bring me the Horizon are doing an NA tour this summer. If you could see any artist/group live, who would you see and why?

- I like some country stuff so I would probably enjoy a Florida Georgia Line concert or something 

4 hours ago, Spartan said:

1. I honestly think just some patience. We have too much talent for it not to work out. I think with some tweaking we will find the right combination.

2. Voss the Boss just has a great build. This was expected I think a few seasons ago so it’s great to see him living up to it now! I wouldn’t be surprised to see Voss leading all defensemen at the end of the season.

3. Not only do I expect to maintain it but I expect production to skyrocket once we get into our groove. I expect everyone will do their part. 
4. I would absolutely have to go with the Russian Mule.

5. Moscow providing us with the luxuries lately huh? I’ve had AirPods but I would love to see if Beats reach the hype. 
6. First off, that is a show I myself want to attend. My one buddy and I may be in attendance. But if I could go to any show right now it would be Hawthorne Heights, New Found Glory, Relient K, underOATH, Yellowcard, and Senses Fail. It would be a dream.

On 2/1/2023 at 3:20 PM, Spartan said:

1. I mean. Just get better buddy, can't go 0-6.
2. He's just a great player, down to his work ethic, he will still never be him though.
3. I mean, the team is really good in terms of tpe. It's no doubt maintainable, just a question of will it be maintainable.
4. I don't trust the drinks. Spartan is bad GM he probably poisons them. 
5.  Nothing. Spartan will make it cause a middle ear infection cause he sucks!
6. Polo G. He's just him to be honest.

I think it will click soon enough and once it does, the right combination will ensure our success on the PP.

He prays a lot, practices voodoo and keeps his fingers crossed. All very scientific.

It may prove difficult in the long run, but the quality of players on the Menace roster should never be discounted.

Monster Mule energy drink. Only because I became addicted to it but now can't find it in this backwards ass country.

The cheapest ones with decent reviews. Players can't be trusted to look after top quality headphones.

I missed my chance to see the Beastie Boys in Sydney, but as for this question, I honestly don't know right now.

On 2/1/2023 at 3:20 PM, Spartan said:

I think taking some notes from how Warsaw seems to be running things would be a good place to start.

I think Voss's main motivation this season is to try and be better than Biggie Cheese who's leading defenseman in points so far.

That level of production isn't usually sustainable but looking at team's like Warsaw who have done similar things in the past I don't think it's impossible.

I think fanta is a good drink to match one of the best colors in the league which is the Warsaw's orange.

A nice custom pair of orange and blue raycon earbuds would be a real showstopper.

I don't really know what concert I would like to go to since I don't really fit in with the theme of ghost fans I feel but I wanna go to a relatively big show not a small artist's show.

On 2/1/2023 at 1:20 PM, Spartan said:

1. Talk to Simon and figure out why 5 1000+ TPE players cant score 

2. I think he’s performing to his actual level now. Not sure what’s causing the difference from last year, but adding Lavelle probably helped finishing those plays.

3. I’d say so, we are the most stacked offensive team. If we can stay out of the penalty box we’ll be golden

4. Gingerale > everything

5. Anything with noise cancellation so I can’t hear the coach ripping into me for the stupid amount of penalties I’m taking

6. I’d probably say Fred Again for current artists that I’m listening to the most. But for an iconic level I’d probably say a group like Coldplay 

Going to help out management here a little, hopefully Spartan doesn't give me too much smoke. 😂

Moscow Press Conference Week Ending: 2/12/2023

1. 31 games in, Moscow is in first place by the slimmest of margins. How are we feeling about our chances to win the conference?

2. Is there a weekly ritual the team should try to spark the power play? What should the ritual be?

3. For those still building your player, which attributes are you working on updating at the moment? If your player is already built, are there any adjustments you would make to any of your attributes if you could?

4. Do you have any plans for the Super Bowl this Sunday, if so what are they?

5. The VHL has been rolling out new ways to improve the league as of late, what would YOU like to see improve?

6. We are in the middle of the NHL season, what is your favorite hockey arena you have been to? (This can be from ANY league, not just the NHL.)

1. 31 games in, Moscow is in first place by the slimmest of margins. How are we feeling about our chances to win the conference?

Doesn't matter if it's an inch or a mile, winning is winning

2. Is there a weekly ritual the team should try to spark the power play? What should the ritual be?

I heard about Jason Giambi having a lucky golden thong, maybe we should try that out 

3. For those still building your player, which attributes are you working on updating at the moment? If your player is already built, are there any adjustments you would make to any of your attributes if you could?

Scoring baby, all about those goals! 

My son's first birthday party lol didn't realize it was super bowl when we planned it 

5. The VHL has been rolling out new ways to improve the league as of late, what would YOU like to see improve?

Would probably never happen due to how much it would cost, but would be cool to get some sort of visualization to go along with the sim

6. We are in the middle of the NHL season, what is your favorite hockey arena you have been to? (This can be from ANY league, not just the NHL.)

Nassau Coliseum, nothing better than the barn 

On 2/9/2023 at 7:49 AM, Arce said:

Going to help out management here a little, hopefully Spartan doesn't give me too much smoke. 😂

1.  Great team, I saw it coming, I believe the team has an excellent chance to maintain the conference lead but can't make Spartan 0-6.
2. Fighting, gets you hyped and is great for team building, trust me every team should try it out.
3. I don't even know just doing whatever my GM is telling me to.
4. Sadly no, my whole family doesn't like football, so I'll just be in my room watching my favorite game by myself like usual.
5. I don't know to be honest, I really like the league.
6. Never been to a live game except the Vanderbilt team, and it was bad we got smoked to, so yeah no.

On 2/9/2023 at 7:49 AM, Arce said:

It's starting to look a lot like the standings last season, better watch out for Warsaw on the come-up.

I think a good pre game unit meal would get the chemistry going, not sure it'll be able to top Warsaw's percentage's.

I would love to put more into my attributes, being a goalie is super competitive right now but facing regression is going to be rough for myself.

Hung out with my family and had some amazing food, possibly some additional guests there...

Well I have been working on a lil some some to improve the league hopefully and help out with learning how to earn.

Good ole Ralph Englstad Arena is a good one, too bad UND sucks this season.

On 2/9/2023 at 5:49 AM, Arce said:

1. I feel our chances are still good! Hopefully, we find our consistent rhythm in the second half of the season!

2. We play pin the tail on the donkey and the donkey is the player with the most PIMs in the last game xD

3. Reduce checking :(

4. Watched it at home, was a great game until the holding call =(

5. Great question, that's something I could probably think hours for. I feel like retention is pretty good, could increase the amount of ppl joining

6. Haven't been to too many so far so my only choice is the Canucks arena. Would be cool to tour the league and see each stadium that's for sure!