gorlab dont judge pls

• Commissioner
9 hours ago, gorlab said:

Yeah, you aren't supposed to re-text a sig and use it in both leagues, as far as I know.

9 hours ago, Nykonax said:

hmm, ill make another one then. Kinda homo though

It’s literally what I got a full season PT ban for in Season 1. Learn your VHL history :P

• Commissioner
Just now, Green said:

And just for that alone Sharpe deserves a HOF spot :D

How about the fact that his stats were comparable to the other S1 HoF goalies despite having a season without updating?

Sharpe was a scapegoat for the league; a bit of muscle flexing to prove they meant business. The model used to punish me has never been used since and likely never will be again.

That would be a great second indeed. Still find it a shocking punishment and am glad they havent re-used it since. Way too harsh, I'm surprised you actually stucked through it, as it was such a difference to those players that could update.

• Commissioner
2 minutes ago, Green said:

That would be a great second indeed. Still find it a shocking punishment and am glad they havent re-used it since. Way too harsh, I'm surprised you actually stucked through it, as it was such a difference to those players that could update.

Technically it was a “third strike” which is why it was so severe. The logic was a first infraction would be 1 week, a 2nd would be a month, and a 3rd would be a full season. Not entirely terrible of an idea, minus that it was flushed out after I was “caught” (which again, the rules were fuzzy on). The issue was more that they decided (they being the mob that the announcement attracted, the blue team was actually aiming to be more lenient) since I had been caught with 3 sigs that counted as 3 infractions not 1. So I lost all 3 of those plus the full season.

The VHL was the Wild West back then. This shit was announced without even having a punishment in mind and they basically let the masses decide it. By the time I even got home to defend myself the conversation was 18 pages deep and I was the Anti-Christ.

Honestly I’m kinda surprised I stuck through it as well, kudos to @scotty (forgot he actually had an account on this forum, was just checking with the tag haha) for actually talking me into staying. I pretty much had thrown in the towel and said fuck it, if they want me out I’ll leave, but he dragged me back in. Took probably 5 more seasons to get most of the board back accepting me, another 6 maybe to cut the annoying jokes out. We were not a nice or forgiving bunch back then. Frankly I’m kinda glad the original board is gone these days because going back and reading that punishment announcement is actually disturbing how ruthless people were.

7 hours ago, Beketov said:

Technically it was a “third strike” which is why it was so severe. The logic was a first infraction would be 1 week, a 2nd would be a month, and a 3rd would be a full season. Not entirely terrible of an idea, minus that it was flushed out after I was “caught” (which again, the rules were fuzzy on). The issue was more that they decided (they being the mob that the announcement attracted, the blue team was actually aiming to be more lenient) since I had been caught with 3 sigs that counted as 3 infractions not 1. So I lost all 3 of those plus the full season.

The VHL was the Wild West back then. This shit was announced without even having a punishment in mind and they basically let the masses decide it. By the time I even got home to defend myself the conversation was 18 pages deep and I was the Anti-Christ.

Honestly I’m kinda surprised I stuck through it as well, kudos to @scotty (forgot he actually had an account on this forum, was just checking with the tag haha) for actually talking me into staying. I pretty much had thrown in the towel and said fuck it, if they want me out I’ll leave, but he dragged me back in. Took probably 5 more seasons to get most of the board back accepting me, another 6 maybe to cut the annoying jokes out. We were not a nice or forgiving bunch back then. Frankly I’m kinda glad the original board is gone these days because going back and reading that punishment announcement is actually disturbing how ruthless people were.

Oh the good ol' days. Wish I could go back and read some of what happened back then.

• Commissioner
25 minutes ago, JeffD said:

Oh the good ol' days. Wish I could go back and read some of what happened back then.

The forum was still up until a few years ago. The wayback machine has a few versions of it (I’ve posted the link on here before somewhere) but you can’t go into any of the topics unfortunately.

2 minutes ago, Beketov said:

The forum was still up until a few years ago. The wayback machine has a few versions of it (I’ve posted the link on here before somewhere) but you can’t go into any of the topics unfortunately.

Probably better that I don't go back. I had a certain skill for being an asshole at times back then.