Expansion Draft Rules

Quik

So, earlier today, league Commissioner @Quik (wait, that's me, isn't it?) announced that the league will be expanding by 2 teams, to become a 12-team league, surpassing 10 teams for the first time in VHL history! While the two most recent expansions we very exciting, this is the first time in nearly 40 seasons that the league will grow to a new number. While he did announce that there will be two new teams, and who their GMs were, the inept commissioner failed to mention their locations, team names, or even by what rules they will be drafting come the Expansion Draft.

Sources in the league's head office obtained a memo that was distributed to the league's Board of Governors, which simply stated:

"Expansion Draft: Fantasy Draft"

The concept of a fantasy draft would be highly intriguing. The league has already seen lots of player movement in recent seasons, so an entire change of rosters wouldn't be completely out of the ordinary for the league. Whether this memo was an official decision, or just an interesting idea floating about is unconfirmed, so we will have to wait until an official announcement before running too far with the concept.

for Bailey

How can you make Fantasy draft legitimate though? Trades have been made to acquire past and future assets. Some of which are picks, some of which are players. This wouldn't;t be fair to those GMs who went out and specifically acquired assets or have been patiently waiting a draft for a rebuild. I think this would cause too much fuss and would not be a good move for the league. Expansion draft is the way to go - in too deep at this point (TWSS). 

18 minutes ago, Motzaburger said:

How can you make Fantasy draft legitimate though? Trades have been made to acquire past and future assets. Some of which are picks, some of which are players. This wouldn't;t be fair to those GMs who went out and specifically acquired assets or have been patiently waiting a draft for a rebuild. I think this would cause too much fuss and would not be a good move for the league. Expansion draft is the way to go - in too deep at this point (TWSS). 

Each team gets the same amount of slots as their current roster, keeps any prospects not yet in the VHL. Picks stay with whoever currently holds them. Future picks change in value all the time, so not that big a deal tbh.

1 hour ago, Quik said:

Each team gets the same amount of slots as their current roster, keeps any prospects not yet in the VHL. Picks stay with whoever currently holds them. Future picks change in value all the time, so not that big a deal tbh.

But what if a team specifically traded for a prospect already in the VHL - look at NY. Full of new young players they acquired from both picks and trades this past season. With these rules they'd lose them all? Needs to be some kind of protection in place IMO. 

4 minutes ago, Motzaburger said:

But what if a team specifically traded for a prospect already in the VHL - look at NY. Full of new young players they acquired from both picks and trades this past season. With these rules they'd lose them all? Needs to be some kind of protection in place IMO

They'd also have access to other players...Could lose a good prospect from the VHL, but could also get a "better" one.

7 minutes ago, Quik said:

They'd also have access to other players...Could lose a good prospect from the VHL, but could also get a "better" one.

That's true! I guess it would all depend on the players available at each pick. As a player, I love it, if I were a GM, not so sure. 

4 hours ago, Quik said:

Not that I believe the people running this league are stupid enough to actually do this but if it is brought in consider looking for a new Calgary GM. I’d be leaving the league and retiring my players.

5 minutes ago, Bushito said:

Not that I believe the people running this league are stupid enough to actually do this but if it is brought in consider looking for a new Calgary GM. I’d be leaving the league and retiring my players.

Dont worry bush