Prague Phantoms Press Conference

Jbeezy76

47 minutes ago, vincentlg2007 said:

:prg: PRAGUE PHANTOMS PRESS CONFERENCE :prg:

WEEK ENDING AUGUST 18TH 2024

1. When will Prague win their first game ?

2. What do you like the most about the VHL?

3. Do you follow any sports other than Hockey?

4. What is your favorite album ?

5. What was your favorite video game growing up ?

6. Tell a joke 

1. Prague will win when we want to. We choose to lose on purpose since it helps us tank for the next Conor Bedard of the VHL.

2. The Victory in the VHL name. It just sounds so much better than that other hockey sim.

3. Baseball mainly, I just want to express my disappointment for the Jays season so far.

4. I don't really have one, I don't have a specific type of genre I listen to so it varies.

5. Probably Roblox, my account is actually nearly 11 years old already, time flies by huh?

6. What did one butt cheek say to the other butt cheek? Together we can stop this Sh*t.

On 8/12/2024 at 3:22 PM, vincentlg2007 said:

4. What is your favorite album ?

5. What was your favorite video game growing up ?

6. Tell a joke 

1. Sometime before the end of the season, that's for sure.

2. Creating a funky backstory

3. Slamball. Football for fantasy purposes mostly, a bit of baseball and basketball

4. Collision Course by Jay-Z and Linkin Park

5. That's tough. Probably Chel or Rock band. Maybe Pokemon if we count game boy games

6. What do you call a pig that does karate? A pork chop!

On 8/12/2024 at 1:22 PM, vincentlg2007 said:

TODAY! I actually couldn't have told you when it would have been...I was actually hoping way sooner 😭 and more with our current roster, but hopefully will continue bringing more wins!

It's a community that loves the same sport I do and we get to play a silly game while we do it!

Not really, though I may start getting more into basketball. It's a very back-and-forth sport with speed like hockey, and it was very exciting to watch USA climb their way to Gold in the Olympics!

4. What is your favorite album?

Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory will always be the GOAT for me. It opened up this door to music I never looked back on once I walked through it. Now days, I'll listen to pretty much anything compared to my previous close-minded "metal only" mindset.

5. What was your favorite video game growing up?

Hmm...you would probably think Tetris from my name, and while it's a good guess...it's not a game that really left any kind of impression on me. Halo: Combat Evolved is my answer here though, hands down. I remember being a teenager working in a grocery store saving up to buy my own XBox console and getting Halo. One of the greatest things I ever did then.

6. Tell a joke.

Parallel lines have so much in common. It’s a shame they’ll never meet!

WEEK ENDING AUGUST 25TH 2024

1. I’m starting college this week, have you ever been to college ? 

2. If you have, how was your experience ? If you haven’t what do you expect it to be like ?

3. Thoughts on the Laine trade ?

4. What do you expect from your NHL team for the upcoming season ?

5. Some offer sheets were made in the nhl last week, what do you think of this tactic?

6. What’s the name that goes the hardest that you’ve ever heard ?

On 8/21/2024 at 5:30 PM, vincentlg2007 said:

I have! Though I never finished it...just didn't feel right for me.

2. If you have, how was your experience ? If you haven’t what do you expect it to be like ?

It was a good experience with the professors and fellow students that I got to know. It was a community college, so nothing crazy ever really happened.

3. Thoughts on the Laine trade?

I'm not really sure how to react... I'm not a CBJ fan, and I'm sure his fans are pissed. I guess he feels like being a Hab will bring him more success and Ws!

Man...idk. I feel like last season's Stars was the team to take it all. Edmonton went absolutely crazy and our boys just weren't ready to go all out in playoffs. We've got some new faces, and I expect former rookies now in their prime (looking at you Robertson, Hintz, Heiskanen) to do what they're getting paid the big bucks for with those big ass contracts.

5. Some offer sheets were made in the nhl last week, what do you think of this tactic?

I haven't looked into the offer sheets that were made, but as long as the team's management is doing it legally thru the system then I'm all for it. I think rookies going into UFA should see what they're worth to other teams and if the team that sent the offer sheet has the same outlook for their career.

6. What’s the name that goes the hardest that you’ve ever heard?

Like...a person's name? Or just any name? Honestly, Boaty McBoatface will forever be my favorite.

On 8/21/2024 at 7:30 PM, vincentlg2007 said:

3. Thoughts on the Laine trade ?

6. What’s the name that goes the hardest that you’ve ever heard ?

1. Your mom goes to college (also so have I)

2. My college experience was different than my university experience so its hard to say. Uni I lived on campus and right in the community so I felt more connected to the school and it was easier to make friends (also was fresh out of high school so had more energy) and college I started when I was 28 and had to commute so it was different vibes for sure

3. Low risk high reward type thing that the Habs have hit on a few times over the years. As a Leafs fan, I'm not a fan of it

4. A thrilling loss in game 7 of round 1

5. NHL needs more offer sheets. Bring the drama

6. Brick Wahl

WEEK ENDING SEPTEMBER 1ST 2024

1. The theme for theme week ended up being  «Rookies», what do you think of the choice ?

2. What theme would you choose for theme week if you had to make the decision ? 

3. Thoughts on the Askarov trade ?

4. Write me a quote

5. A little more then half the season has passed, what are your thoughts on your player's performance this season ? 

6. What's your favorite thing about the VHL ?

14 minutes ago, vincentlg2007 said:

WEEK ENDING SEPTEMBER 1ST 2024

1. The theme for theme week ended up being  «Rookies», what do you think of the choice ?

I'm sure it's been done before (probably even during my short couple of years here) but I think talking about or even visualizing Rookies is pretty important, especially if you want to keep your new recruits around. People may complain about Theme Week themes, but I'd like to see people contribute ideas on them...

2. What theme would you choose for theme week if you had to make the decision ? 

Theme Week, that's the theme I'd have. If people want more variety, they can help inspire some fun topics.

3. Thoughts on the Askarov trade ?

Wasn't familiar with it, but from what I briefly read it seemed like he wanted a trade out from Nashville. He got the trade and seems the Preds may have gotten some good value in that.

4. Write me a quote

“Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs.” – Farrah Gray

5. A little more then half the season has passed, what are your thoughts on your player's performance this season ? 

Thorvy's doing about as well as I thought he would, but I wouldn't complain if he did...more.

6. What's your favorite thing about the VHL ?

Playing in it! That's what the original plan was...make a player, build some lore, and do great things. Kauppi did OK, and I'm hoping to do tons better with Thorvaldsson despite no Cups or awards yet.

WEEK ENDING SEPTEMBER 8th 2024

1. Caufield announced that he’d change his number to 13 in honor of Gaudreau, what is your opinion on this type of gesture 

2. In honor of the VHL trade Deadline just passing, is there any deadline trade in the NHL that has impacted your fan experience ? 

3. Would you rather have an excellent offensive d-man who sucks defensively and an excellent defensive forward that doesn’t bring much to the point sheet or an excellent defensive d-man that doesn’t bring much to the point sheet and an good offensive player that is very one way 

4. Would you say turquoise is more green or blue ?

5. On a scale of 1/10, how much do you think I have no inspiration for questions ?

6. Would you rather play 5 minutes as a goalie with skater equipment or a full game as a skater with goalie equipment? 

10 minutes ago, vincentlg2007 said:

1. Caufield announced that he’d change his number to 13 in honor of Gaudreau, what is your opinion on this type of gesture 

2. In honor of the VHL trade Deadline just passing, is there any deadline trade in the NHL that has impacted your fan experience ? 

3. Would you rather have an excellent offensive d-man who sucks defensively and an excellent defensive forward that doesn’t bring much to the point sheet or an excellent defensive d-man that doesn’t bring much to the point sheet and an good offensive player that is very one way 

5. On a scale of 1/10, how much do you think I have no inspiration for questions ?

6. Would you rather play 5 minutes as a goalie with skater equipment or a full game as a skater with goalie equipment? 

1. I appreciate that Cole is doing that, although maybe Cole can donate the sales for his #13 jersey to the Gaudreau family.

2. Nope, but I do want to say that being traded twice in a span of a week impacted my experience as a user.

3. I'd rather have Hughie (thats literally his definition) and a good offensive forward.

4. More green for sure.

5. 7.

6. Full game as a skater. Taking a puck shot right at you, for more than a few times, it'll hurt like hell.

3 hours ago, vincentlg2007 said:

I think it is an honorable nod to a respected player in the league who has recently passed. I think if there was any actual negative feedback they just wouldn't allow it, but I don't see an actual reason to be mad about it.

Not....really, no. None that I can really think of off the top of my head.

I would much rather a defensive dman and an offensive forward. If I really needed to, I could add a power forward to the roster...but for the sake of answering this question definitely the latter because it's the role they're supposed to do.

Hmm...not really a fair question. There are some turquiose things that are more green than blue and vice-versa. In my head it's more blue than green though when the color pops up.

2. It's okay to not have anything ready at the hip for a question and that's why you get 2 TPE for doing this task.

Skater with goalie equipment and absolutely smash players into the boards.

On 9/4/2024 at 4:32 PM, vincentlg2007 said:

1. I thought it was kinda weird at first but then I learned he used to wear 13 so it's less weird now

2. None that come to memory

3. Gotta go with option 2

4. Blue

5. 0/10 you have tons of inspiration

6. I once played 20 minutes as goalie with skater equipment because our goalie went to the wrong rink. Only let in 4 goals. Switched with another player after the first period until he foolishly stopped a slapshot with his gut and I had to go back in. Refs implemented a no slapshot rule for either team after that. Goalie (and another player who's mom was the drive) showed up in time for the third. We won 15-8. House league is the best. To answer the question, I'd play goalie for 5 minutes with skater gear (assuming I can still play the rest of the game as a skater)

WEEK ENDING SEPTEMBER 15th 2024

1. There are rumors Crosby would like to be traded to a contender at the deadline, where do you think Crosby will be playing after the deadline ?

2. Once the same note, where do you think Crosby will be playing next season ?

3. Would you rather work as a lawyer or a cop ?

4. What's your favorite three stripes flag ?

5. As I am currently extremely bored in french class, what is the most boring class you remember having

6. What's your favorite number ?

On 9/9/2024 at 2:06 PM, vincentlg2007 said:

WEEK ENDING SEPTEMBER 15th 2024

1. There are rumors Crosby would like to be traded to a contender at the deadline, where do you think Crosby will be playing after the deadline?

Nah he'll just retire after this season. Forever a Penguin.

2. Once the same note, where do you think Crosby will be playing next season?

Forever a Penguin. No sense in going to another team...unless the Pens simply can't afford to keep him around another season.

3. Would you rather work as a lawyer or a cop?

Ew..um..I guess a lawyer. There's a million different types of avenues to pursue in that career.

4. What's your favorite three stripes flag?

A tie between Cocle Province, Panama and Barbados

5. As I am currently extremely bored in French class, what is the most boring class you remember having

Biology for sure. Today I'd probably take it in much easier haha

6. What's your favorite number?

10! It's been my jersey number as well as favorite jersey number to follow (unless your name is Corey Perry).