Prague Phantoms Press Conference

Jbeezy76

It's been about six months since we last had questions in here so now it's time to revive this thread!

1) Why didn't Prague make the playoffs last season? What steps does the team need to make to be relevant sooner rather than later?
2) @samx is in every server apparently in the VHL. Why does she do this and what is she plotting?

3) What's your newest pre-game pump up song? What's your all-time favorite?

4) Over-under for the number of times Sam will ping me this week: 6.5. What's your pick?

5) I'm someone who has only watched about 3 games of hockey in my life. What hockey team (NHL, AHL, or otherwise) is your favorite, and what's your pitch to sell me on joining their fan base?

6) STHS has been around since the start of hockey sim leagues' existence. What have you found you actually like about the simulator, and what could use a little improvement?

• 2 weeks later...

OKOK, maybe the first time didn't work, but I'm going to try a second time (otherwise I can't really earn the press conference points eh). 😮

1) What's your favorite place -- in your country or internationally -- to visit in the offseason?

2) What is one skill you've been working on during the off-season? Or alternatively, what's one real-life skill you've been practicing (e.g. learning or working on an instrument, carpentry, memeing, getting to the gym at least once a week)?

3) @samx is an avid fan of Parkitect, which is like a modernized version of Rollercoaster Tycoon. What's an amusement park ride or show that is a core memory for you?

4) Have you played GeoGuessr before? What's your understanding of the website?

5) How'd you find the VHL? Have you been in sim leagues before this one?

6) There are some shiny new features in the portal from the last few years, like automated trivia, a "1st Gen" tag, and integration of the "new" attribute system (even if it doesn't feel that new anymore). What's your favorite new feature?

• 2 months later...

:prg: Prague Phantoms Press Conference :prg:

Week ending 17 March, 2024

Please do not do short 1-2 word answers. Put some effort into it!

1. What's poppin' Prague?! This past Saturday was the VHL draft and we welcomed our newest prospects goalie Ondrej Vencko @Mutti, defenseman Chuck E Cheese @a_Ferk, winger Jack Dickins @Mystery_boy98, and centerman Charlie Klepacki @chuck.hockey7

Prospects: Are you looking forward to playing for Prague?
      Other players: How do you think we did this draft, and what could we have done differently?

2. We said our farewell to an amazing GM Acyd Burn @Acydburn and welcomed in our newest GM Leonard S. Kinnard @Tetricide. Going into season 93 his first time as a VHL GM, how do you think Prague will do this season?

3. With Prague veterans John Jameson @Frank, Nikolas Kauppi, and Matt Murdock set to retire after this upcoming season, what kind of future do you see for the team in the next few seasons?

4. Do you think Jameson will go into the VHL's Hall of Fame?

5. Are you like me and your allergies are really messing you up?

6. What are you doing for spring break? If you're celebrating it.

5 hours ago, Tetricide said:

1. What's poppin' Prague?! This past Saturday was the VHL draft and we welcomed our newest prospects goalie Ondrej Vencko @Mutti, defenseman Chuck E Cheese @a_Ferk, winger Jack Dickins @Mystery_boy98, and centerman Charlie Klepacki @chuck.hockey7

Other players: How do you think we did this draft, and what could we have done differently?

2. We said our farewell to an amazing GM Acyd Burn @Acydburn and welcomed in our newest GM Leonard S. Kinnard @Tetricide. Going into season 93 his first time as a VHL GM, how do you think Prague will do this season?

3. With Prague veterans John Jameson @Frank, Nikolas Kauppi, and Matt Murdock set to retire after this upcoming season, what kind of future do you see for the team in the next few seasons?

1. I think the draft went very well. Having a great prospect pool helps sustain excellence and I believe we have that dynamic.

2. I like our team this year but I know a new GM can bring some growing pains. I think the talent can outweigh any of that. I expect playoffs at the worst!

3. With the passing of the torch of such great vets, it will be important continue learn from them and continue success.

4. I could be a bit bias, but absolutely he should be in the hall of fame. The impact he's had is undebatable.

5. Allergies are always throwing curve balls. The recent swings in temperature/pressure has me in all sorts of wack.

6. Getting prepped for the upcoming season! Lots to get done at home and here in the job still.

8 hours ago, Tetricide said:

1. I'm actually really looking forward to settling down with the group and getting ready for next season

2. After the quick talk I had with him prior to the draft, I do think Prague is in the right hands to aspire to great results in the upcoming seasons.

3. I think the team is likely to take a hit but with the right draft next off-season and some waiver pickup there is potential of staying in a good place in the standings.

4. Being a PPG or more for most of his career while his stats shows he never scared away from being physically present. I do think he is a player that could be deserving of the HOF. Although that's what the stats say, I can't say I've been lucky to see him on the ice in his best years and can't make the decision for anyone else.

5. Honestly, I've been lucky on that side, I have no know allergy as of now and I'm happy I don't have to worry about the allergy seasons.

6. Sadly, I'm not celebrating whatsoever as I am currently far from my house on an other continent for work and can't afford time to go out and party. I'll just keep practicing and getting ready for the next season.

1. What's poppin' Prague?! This past Saturday was the VHL draft and we welcomed our newest prospects goalie Ondrej Vencko @Mutti, defenseman Chuck E Cheese @a_Ferk, winger Jack Dickins @Mystery_boy98, and centerman Charlie Klepacki @chuck.hockey7

- I sure do! It is a great pleasure to be a part of a team that is located in my homeland! I am so pumped, it is going to be a phenomenal ride!

2. We said our farewell to an amazing GM Acyd Burn @Acydburn and welcomed in our newest GM Leonard S. Kinnard @Tetricide. Going into season 93 his first time as a VHL GM, how do you think Prague will do this season?

- I think the Prague will do just fine. And perhaps, it will shock some. However, I believe the team has an amazing future ahead of itself!

3. With Prague veterans John Jameson @Frank, Nikolas Kauppi, and Matt Murdock set to retire after this upcoming season, what kind of future do you see for the team in the next few seasons?

- I think we should focus on building the team depth, which would in turn become a solid basis for a very competitive team that would dominate the league, haha!

- I would certainly love him to go! Fingers crossed!

- Not really, mate. I am not allergic to anything. Lucky me, I guess. :D

- I am doing the usual: playing videogames, drinking and smoking cigarretes. Also, I love playing my bass!

That was fun to answer! Thank you for your questions!

-O

On 3/12/2024 at 2:48 AM, Tetricide said:

1. I think we did an awesome job! Love me some Ferk, and all of our other prospects look pretty promising. I wouldn't pick anything else specific in this draft, especially given our position.

2. Tet is just the worst according to @samx so I expect us to win the championship, thanks.

3. I'm not going to lie, I am a bit worried about the next 2-3 seasons after this one. We're going to have a rough patch for sure, so we had better bulk up in the draft so we can win a championship before I retire.

4. I think so. He's a pretty clear top 3 player for multiple seasons in his career, which normally secures HoF at some point. Whether or not he makes it first or second ballot remains to be seen.

5. Yep, I take an allergy pill every morning (fexofenadine). That's probably not going to change any time soon.

6. Spring break? Spring break? No such thing for residents hahaha

On 3/11/2024 at 11:48 PM, Tetricide said:

1) Don’t know much about the team yet, but excited to get to know the boys and get after it this season! 
2) I’ve heard nothing but good things about our new GM excited to get going! 
3) Excited to share the rink with such solid vets! Looking forward to being part of the future for the Phantoms! 
4) Yup! All around stud. He’s got my vote! lol 

5) Nah, only thing I’m allergic to is shitty bourbon and losing! Haha 

6) Grinding it out at work…taking my daughters in a long weekend trip to Idaho, but that’s it! 

Week ending 24 March, 2024

1. What's poppin', Prague?! This week is season start week! How excited is your player?

2. What has your player been working on in the off-season?

3. What are some interesting things your player learned in Training Camp?

4. Welcome to the Phamily, Rip Wheeler @ScottyP! The team has recently made a trade involving Wheeler and is eager to see him play. What are you thoughts on the trade (link)?

5. Do you have any Easter...or perhaps April Fool's plans?

6. What is one of your all-time favorite movies?

7 minutes ago, Tetricide said:

1. What's poppin', Prague?! This week is season start week! How excited is your player?

4. Welcome to the Phamily, Rip Wheeler @ScottyP! The team has recently made a trade involving Wheeler and is eager to see him play. What are you thoughts on the trade (link)?

1. I'm excited for my VHL debut. It's been long awaited. I was at Max TPE going into my 3rd VHLE season and contributed to a championship season. Hoping to make an impact at this level as well!

2. I've been focused on getting mentally ready for the next level. Being ahead of the play has brought success but at this level I've got work to do to get to where I want to be. 

3. I learned a good amount at training camp being around my teammates and essentially was just a sponge to contribute as soon as possible. 

4. I think the trade makes sense for the direction of the team and I'm thrilled to play alongside the Prague Ripper.

5. Time with my family is always what I look forward to doing during holidays and events. Creating memories!

6. There are a few and depends on my mood really. Grandma's Boy, Step Brothers and Good Will Hunting would be at the top of the list. Since you only asked for one, I'm going with the first. It wasn't really a big movie but became a cult favorite. It's got a hilarious plot and hilarious characters. 

1 hour ago, handfullofbubba said:

Since you only asked for one, I'm going with the first

As an avid movie watcher, it's hard for me to even pick one favorite. I have a few at the top in no particular order. That's why I worded it this way haha

7 hours ago, Tetricide said:

1) Ol Ripper is ready to go! Lots of hard work out in during the off-season. Rip is gonna be back this season with vengeance! 

2) Lots of hand drills, keeping those mitts silky! Also some old school weight training, getting ready to add a new level of physicality to the room!
3) It’s been quite an adjustment coming from the plains of Alberta…but Rip is loving it! The Prague night life, the food, and European fans are all in on the new kid on the block. 
4) Excited to be a part of the Phamily! Pumped to share the ice with the boys and start stacking dubyas! 
5) Heading to Idaho to visit my girlfriend’s family! Lots of good food and family time. 
6) Slapshot! Time to put on the foil boys! 💪💪💪

19 hours ago, Tetricide said:

- Hey there! I am so, so excited! I am so glad to be Prague's prospect and I am looking forward to self-development, to be ready to play for Prague in the future!

- I have been upto both practising and fun stuff! Coming back to Europe, I visited some familiar places for me, alongside with a trip to my hometown in the Northern Czechia. I also improved as a musician, haha!

- That on a night out, once you go higher in alcohol percentage in your drinks, you shall not go lower. Or you'll end up low on your knees hugging the toilet.

- I think this will work for us nicely. He is a solid piece!

- Nah, not really. We have this whipping tradition in Czechia but.. I think I'll pass on that. I'll just be my regular drunk self.

- Shawshank Redeption. BEST. MOVIE. OF. ALL. TIME. 

PERIOD.

Those have been some fun questions! Haha!
Thanks for having me!

-O

My player's... kind of excited? I don't think we're making waves this season but I'm going to try my best to show out and bring us some success.

Mostly a bit of scoring and defensive attributes. I'm trying to figure out how much checking I want to do in-game.

No comment. Gotta keep it a secret for all of the other teams, remember?!

4. Welcome to the Phamily, Rip Wheeler @ScottyP! The team has recently made a trade involving Wheeler and is eager to see him play. What are you thoughts on the trade (link)?

It makes sense if we're trying to win a season or two from now rather than this season/in 6 seasons. I'm fine with it.

Nope, I'm working all the dang time.

Ooh, I really loved the Spider-Man: Into the Spiderverse movie (the first). I haven't had a chance to see the second but I really enjoyed how they sort of let the creative team go free for that movie.