Prague Phantoms Press Conference

Jbeezy76

On 11/14/2022 at 3:19 PM, jRuutu said:

1. For roleplaying purposes - should it be ok to answer and ask question in a press conference using other languages than just English?

2. What would be the worst possible destination for training camp?

3. Just how important it is to win faceoffs in the modern VHL?

4.  Which Prague player is going to score the most goals this year?

5.  Which Prague prospect is going to be the next big star in VHL?

6.  Your thoughts and comments on the fact that more and more teams are using only three defenders?

1: Yes, just make sure that the player knows how to speak and understand the language before you ask them the questions.

2: in the middle of the ocean would be the worst imo.

3: it is pretty important but I'd say don't waste to much TPE on faceoffs.

4: Nils Godlander, he is already having an awesome early season.

5: Well I'm hoping its going to be me but I'd take Nikolas Kauppi.

6: Haven't really thought about it but I just think the league needs more active defenders that VHL teams can draft.

1. For roleplaying purposes - should it be ok to answer and ask question in a press conference using other languages than just English?

That would be nice especially for those who have a hard time writing in English. Otherwise there's always google translate.  

Qatar, but apparently there's a World Cup going on there. So what do I know. 

It's an important part of puck possession which will increase shot totals and obviously the more shots you take the better chance you have to score. I have no idea how STHS determines shot quality though.

4.  Which Prague player is going to score the most goals this year?

Right now @DollarAndADream  and @Moon are leading the way in scoring for our team. I think Saku gets the most goals though. Still a long ways to go. 

5.  Which Prague prospect is going to be the next big star in VHL?

@Jason kranz looks like top young player and as long as he can keep up with his updates, he'll be a star in no time. 

6.  Your thoughts and comments on the fact that more and more teams are using only three defenders?

It's an interesting strategy and if it goes well for DC, Chicago and Warsaw. We could see other teams do that moving forward. I think the lack of depth will catch up to the teams eventually though. D.C. won with a full roster last season. Warsaw is the only team in recent memory to win without a full roster and their 3 defenders we're all max earners or close to. 

I would say it’s ok to answer a question in another language as long as an English translation is provided.

I’m thinking the middle of the desert because getting ice would be really difficult.

It’s probably as important as it was in the historic VHL. I think it has a minor importance. Obviously there’s value in starting with possession of the puck. But turnovers are so prolific in the VHL that I don’t think there’s too much value in actually winning the faceoff.

1. Comments on Pragues start to the season?

2. Who has been the most surprising player in the team so far?

3. What team you enjoy playing against the most?

4. How can we turn these 1 goal losses into wins?

5. Quite few Prague players have their contracts ending after this season, does that add extra pressure of any kind for the team and players?

6. Girts Galvins has scored 17 goals in 16 games for Warsaw, can they reach 60 goals this year?

1. Comments on Pragues start to the season?

I think our start is right in line with expectations. We’ve shown flashes of greatness in some games and flashes of awfulness in others. I think we’re on a great path to get everything sorted out by playoff time.

2. Who has been the most surprising player in the team so far?

I think fans wondered how Erlantz Jokinen was going to fit in with the team. Personally, I’m not surprised he’s gelled so well with the squad, but still I’m surprised at how much he’s contributed offensively.

3. What team you enjoy playing against the most?

Honestly, it’s whoever we’re playing against in that moment. Almost every team is great this season, there’s no days off. You have to respect every opponent.

• 2 weeks later...

1. Godlander is leading the league with 40 goals! What makes him so good?

2. Lindbergh in Toronto has the best penalty shots save% in the league - if you have to go out there and shoot against him - how are you going to score?

3.  Around 20 games left in the season, in Europe difference between the 5th and 6th team is now 15 points, how do you feel about that?

4.  Prague rookie Jameson is third in rookie scoring with 44 points, the leading rookie has 49 points, how can we get the rooking scoring title to Jameson?

5.  We have exactly 20 games left, we got 28 wins, do we reach 43 wins?

6.  Should VHL allow one user/player to be controlled by numerous people in order to reduce the possibility of users getting burned out?

1. There have been some rumors around the VHL about the cap - they say things could be tight for some teams, your thoughts on that?
2. What kind of career numbers would you be happy with? (Goals, assists, etc)
3. If given the opportunity and you get twice the salary than in VHL, would you go play a season or two in the E league?
4. We have played almost equally well at home and away, why do you think that is true?
5. Prague has the best powerplay in the league! Question is - could we be even better?
6. How important it is that you get to play with your own sticks? Some say they play much worse if they have to borrow someone else's sticks.

• 3 weeks later...

1. Honest comments - did you think Prague was able to come back from being down 3-1 against Warsaw?

2. In comparison, does Davos seem easier or tougher team to play against than Warsaw?

3. What we need to do better to avoid playing another game seven?

4. Should a game of hockey be longer than 60 minutes to increase the odds of not having overtime/shootout decide the winner?

5. Do you research the trivia questions or do you just guess?

6. Did you do the predictions before the season? If so, how are they looking right now - expecting nice chunk of TPE?

On 12/31/2022 at 12:51 AM, jRuutu said:

1. Honest comments - did you think Prague was able to come back from being down 3-1 against Warsaw?

2. In comparison, does Davos seem easier or tougher team to play against than Warsaw?

4. Should a game of hockey be longer than 60 minutes to increase the odds of not having overtime/shootout decide the winner?

6. Did you do the predictions before the season? If so, how are they looking right now - expecting nice chunk of TPE?

1: First I thought we couldn't but then after we won game 5 I was sure that we could beat them.

2: I think there both pretty equal, we just seemed to be better then Davos in the regular season.

3: I think not letting in as many goals in.

4: No I think it should stay at 60 min.

5: I always research but if i can't find the answer I just guess.

6: No I don't think I did them, I don't remember tbh haha.

Probably not. Once down 3-1, I always think that it's only a matter of time before the series is over.

Easier. They suck.

Well hopefully you don't find yourselves in that position against the Wolves this series.

I know almost nothing about hockey, so I'll leave that kind of game changing decision to those that know more.

I actually try to get the answers correct, so at least some basic research is needed when I'm doing trivia.

Unlikely. I have to check, but probably 3 at most this time. Wow.

On 12/30/2022 at 11:51 PM, jRuutu said:

Gonna throw my hat in here.

1. I thought Prague would go all the way so yes, I thought they would down Warsaw.

2. You took care of both so does it matter?

3. Stop more goals, score more goals.

4. 60 minutes traditionally seems to be a good length. Overtime and shootouts provide more excitement for the fan and provide opportunities for players to be the hero so I don't have a problem with them.

5. Research since I usually know where the answers are being a history writer.

6. Yes I did them. I never remember what I picked but I usually only get 3 or 4 TPE. 

• 1 month later...

1. Do you think we'll make the playoffs?

2. Are you happy with your player so far?

3. Are there any trades you liked if yes which ones?

4. Are there any trades that you didn't like if yes which ones?

5. Would you rather get free 1000 TPE or money, why?

6.  What’s Your Favorite Sports Team?

• 2 weeks later...

1. What VHL team do you think will win the cup?

2. What are you most excited for in the offseason?

3. Were you happy with your player this season?

4. Who do you think are our rivals?

5. What are your goals for your player next season?

6. Imagine that the whole world is listening to you for a minute. What would you say?

1. Are you shocked that Seattle Bears beat Vancouver Wolves?

2. What VHL playoff series has shocked you the most so far?

3. Did you join the Victory ProAM tournament?

4. What are you most excited about for the next season?

5. Do you think we'll get 1st OA in the draft?

6. What's your biggest pet peeve?

1. Are you shocked that Seattle Bears beat Vancouver Wolves?

Not really. Seattle has the best GM of all-time, so you can never count them out. Vancouver was a really good team, so it is somewhat surprising. But not shocking.

2. What VHL playoff series has shocked you the most so far?

I think the most shocking thing was our team not even making it into the playoffs. We were in the finals last season! Now not in the playoffs!

3. Did you join the Victory ProAM tournament?

I did not. I need the time off to rest up for next season.

1. What have you been doing during the off-season?

2. How do you think your player is going to do next season?

3. Are you excited for the upcoming draft?

4. What team do you think will be the hardest to play against next season?

5. What team do you think will be the easiest to play against next season?

6. Does pineapple belong on pizza?

• 2 weeks later...

1. How did we do in the draft?

2. What team do you think did the best in the draft?

3. Do you like doing trivia?

4. Has your player won an award yet?

5. Did you get an award this season?

6. What award do you think is the best to get?

1. How did we do in the draft? Pretty good I would say, Jacob Stone is a good player.

2. What team do you think did the best in the draft? I think New York did the best, 2 first rounds picks and both were solid players.

3. Do you like doing trivia? It is alright, probably my favorite supplemental point task.

4. Has your player won an award yet? Yeah he's won several, I'm a big deal.

5. Did you get an award this season? I should've had more than I did.

6. What award do you think is the best to get? The Continental cup matters the most.

Edited by Beketov 2

• 2 weeks later...

1. How has your player been doing so far?

2. We are playing pretty well right now is that surprising or not?

3. What is your players' pet peeve?

4. How many cups have you won if you haven't won any how many do you want?

5. Do you think the VHL should get more teams?

6. Do you like listening to rap?

1. How many points does your player have?

2. Has your player impressed you?

3. Does your player have a favorite animal?

4. What is an interesting fact about your player?

5. Do you think we can be first this season?

6. Who do you think will win the Stanley Cup?

• 2 weeks later...

1. What is your player's favorite meal to have before games?

2. If the VHL had an expansion team and you are the one that has to choose the team name what would it be?

3. What team do you think has the best logo?

4. What player do you think will have the most points this season?

5. If your player wouldn't be playing hockey what sport do you think they'd play?

6. What NHL arena is your favorite?

• 4 weeks later...

1: Why do you think offseasons are always so boring?
2: What VHL arena do you like the most and why?
3: What VHL locker room is your favorite and why?
4: What VHL team has the best name?
5: Are you watching the NHL playoffs?
6: Are you surprised that the Florida Panthers made it this far?

• 4 weeks later...

:prg: Prague Phantoms Press Conference :prg:

Week Ending 25 June, 2023

1. What's poppin', Prague?! Welcome new prospects and new players! How do you feel about this season's VHL draft?

2. How is your player feeling about their performance so far at the start of the season?

3. What areas is your player practicing on in the practice facility?

4. What can we do to improve our overall team performance?

5. Is the NHL rigged with the Blackhawks receiving the 1st OA pick (and therefore Connor Bedard) and the Knights winning the Cup in so few seasons without enough suffering?

6. What are you doing today?

1 minute ago, Tetricide said:

:prg: Prague Phantoms Press Conference :prg:

Week Ending 25 June, 2023

1. What's poppin', Prague?! Welcome new prospects and new players! How do you feel about this season's VHL draft?

2. How is your player feeling about their performance so far at the start of the season?

3. What areas is your player practicing on in the practice facility?

4. What can we do to improve our overall team performance?

5. Is the NHL rigged with the Blackhawks receiving the 1st OA pick (and therefore Connor Bedard) and the Knights winning the Cup in so few seasons without enough suffering?

6. What are you doing today?

1. I'll be honest, I don't really pay attention to the draft because I don't really follow any of the prospects. 

2. Given the circumstances, my play has been okay for a veteran. 

3. I'm the type of player that would work on the areas that the team is currently lacking in. 

4. We just need to do a better job at scoring goals. 

5. Nah if the NHL was rigged then the Coyotes would've gotten first. 

6. I'm doing literally nothing today.