Is Davos a Seller?

omgitshim

As we approach midseason, one thing has been clear: the European Conference is a bloodbath. Despite winning more than half their games, currently the Dynamo are the odd man out of a playoff picture, with Helsinki, Riga, Malmo, and Moscow all currently with 20 or more wins. There's still plenty of time to make a playoff push, and the bulk of the team is in their prime at this point, so you have to ask yourself, will Davos choose to sell? If they do, the offers for Jake Davis will come immediately. Davis is their best player, has an expiring contract, and is nearing retirement, so he's the perfect candidate for midseason trade bait. Ryuu Crimson and Shawn Glade may also be on the block in that case as they too are close to retirement (and while they may not be as impactful as Davis, they both are locked in for next season as well, so that may boost their value). The question though is who would trade with them? Vancouver seems a possible candidate, as Davis would be a boost to an already strong offensive team while Davos may be able to offer Ben Hafkey some additional ice time. A deal involving Hafkey, Tony Bolonee, and possibly a S69 pick may be on the table if the Wolves feel they need one more piece to be a true championship contender. A dark horse candidate could be the New York Americans. Toronto has struggled this season, which has put New York into playoffs contention. They have a glut of young players on the roster already, and they may struggle to resign them all in the future. Adding Davis and Glade to that roster might be enough to make New York an actual threat in the playoffs, but what would Davos want in return? A package including Nethila Dissanayake, Walter Clements, and Fredrik Elmebeck seems like a good place to start, and I wouldn't be surprised to see top prospects like Aamon Grim or Ryo Yamazuki II involved as well. Of course, the trade deadline is still a ways off, and by then we should have a better idea whether or not Davos will be a seller this season.

BREAKING: SPECULATION ARISES THAT DAVOS WILL REBUILD AGAIN!

"We haven't entered a rebuild for the last 10 games or so," says uncertain front office

31 minutes ago, GustavMattias said:

BREAKING: SPECULATION ARISES THAT DAVOS WILL REBUILD AGAIN!

"We haven't entered a rebuild for the last 10 games or so," says uncertain front office

Does that mean Shawn will get angry his team sucks after trading away his lineup of star players, when he thinks they should be winning everything with or without them? 

Oh... and trading Glade to a serious contender for personal gain. 

>_>

Edited by Peace

On 9/29/2019 at 3:17 PM, Peace said:

Oh... and trading Glade to a serious contender for personal gain. 

I have no shame in admitting that I will 100% send Glade to a good team for personal gains

5 minutes ago, flyersfan1453 said:

Please tell me this isn't actually the reason that Glade was originally sent to Vancouver.

nah, Glade legit just sucked in Davos and I felt like at the time I got a fair deal. Obviously looking back it was a fuck up, but i mean at least he got a cup?

On 9/29/2019 at 4:40 PM, omgitshim said:

A package including Nethila Dissanayake, Walter Clements, and Fredrik Elmebeck seems like a good place to start, and I wouldn't be surprised to see top prospects like Aamon Grim or Ryo Yamazuki II involved as well. Of course, the trade deadline is still a ways off, and by then we should have a better idea whether or not Davos will be a seller this season.

Ok now your fucking crazy 

Edited by nethi99