Twitter

Dil

On 10/16/2019 at 2:21 PM, Fire Vigneault said:

They really work well though, for both hot and cold drinks. Can leave water with ice in there and the ice will still be there for almost the entire day, if not more.

What about the pee though, how long until that gets to room temperature? Asking for a friend.

• Commissioner
7 hours ago, Dil said:

2 years later but, if the main reason not to do this is since VHL can’t moderate user posts on Twitter, maybe a fake “VHL social media” implemented in the forums. Even using the Status updates box would be good enough imo 

Wouldn’t that be a bit of a nightmare for updaters? Can you even link to statuses?

I just don’t see how it’s different enough vs. Just writing a 590 in character (as people used to) instead of the usual “I’m going to ramble for 150 words.”

Getting it to the forum means you have more interest from me than you have before mind you.

Twitter posts for TPE will get really spammy and pointless really fast. People saying meaningless stuff for tpe. I don't see how that'd be a good thing, and I don't like it. I run a Davos fan twitter acc and I post there when I remember and when Davos makes some moves and when something major or interesting happens.

I also agree with what Beketov said.

7 hours ago, Beketov said:

Can you even link to statuses?

Yes sir

7 hours ago, Beketov said:

I just don’t see how it’s different enough vs. Just writing a 590 in character (as people used to) instead of the usual “I’m going to ramble for 150 words.”

I think that’s exactly what makes it different though, the fact that people DON’T do 590s  in character anymore. Where 590s have become random thoughts about the league or rambling, this can be an alternative to that where people can talk from the perspective of their player or GM-person/player(?) again.

6 hours ago, Ahma said:

Twitter posts for TPE will get really spammy and pointless really fast. People saying meaningless stuff for tpe.

Well it doesn’t have to be the 4 “tweets” for 2 capped TPE since it wouldn’t be on Twitter but in the forums. Also since the Twitter 140 character (or whatever it is now) doesn’t apply to the forums it could be adjusted to like 150 word “tweet” for 2 tpe. The same as a 590 but it would actually be from the perspective of a player or GM

590s could be written where the user is a reporter or third party talking about the league or a player whereas the “tweets” could be from player or GM pov.

Another note: what I think could be interesting is adding the whole “fake social media” to the portal and have the “tweets” show up on the home page for other people to like/reply to

I don't see why we should use twitter for all that, when it can be done in the forum just the same. Which would promote forum activity. Maybe make some changes to 590's rules or something. Or make a whole different forum thread for in-character 590's. But what do I know...

16 minutes ago, Ahma said:

I don't see why we should use twitter for all that, when it can be done in the forum just the same. Which would promote forum activity. Maybe make some changes to 590's rules or something. Or make a whole different forum thread for in-character 590's. But what do I know...

Please read my messages

”2 years later but, if the main reason not to do this is since VHL can’t moderate user posts on Twitter, maybe a fake “VHL social media” implemented in the forums. Even using the Status updates box would be good enough imo”

Edited by Dil
quoting on mobile is a pain

10 minutes ago, Dil said:

Please read my messages

”2 years later but, if the main reason not to do this is since VHL can’t moderate user posts on Twitter, maybe a fake “VHL social media” implemented in the forums. Even using the Status updates box would be good enough imo”

mb forgot you said that

On 9/20/2021 at 12:26 AM, bigAL said:

👏 NOT 👏 EVERYTHING 👏 HAS TO BE 👏 FOR 👏 TPE 👏

This but imo we need more variety in the ways in which we can earn TPE this could be an easy one. Especially if built into the portal and things linked to the forums. Then some of the clickers that never leave the portal might visit the forums.