Issue with Career Point Tasks

Jubis

ISSUE WITH CAREER POINT TASKS

Ok so my issue is with the "Junior review" and "Prospect Scouting Report" career tasks. A month ago I read through the guidelines for the junior review. Completed it and tried to claim the task but it was rejected. I was told it was for s70 players and newer. I am a 1st gen s69 player. I was frustrated but figured I could save some of my work for my biography someday. 

Fastforward to this week and I am now fully addicted to earning TPE. I am always trying to find more ways to gain. So I decided to do the Prospect Scouting Report career task. I read the guidelines which stated: " to be completed during your VHL draft season or the season following that". I think great this fits my players timeline perfectly. Nowhere does it say the task is only for s70 players or newer. So of course again my claim is rejected. I put a lot of effort into it with each and every Pro and Con had a relatable picture attached. Luckily this time I was persuaded to use it for my media spot this week. I would like to do the Rookie Experience  task when the time comes but I am afraid the guidelines are unclear. It would somehow  end up being for s70 and newer players once again. 

I recommend as a solution just simply update the guidelines. Any career tasks that are just for S70 players or newer just say so in the guidelines. This would save the next schmuck like me from doing tasks they can not claim. 

Edited by R Jubis

In case you are unaware the Biography and Rookie Profile are for you, they are worth 10 and 8 tpe respectively. Get on them and boost your draft stock, let me know if you have any questions and I can help you out.

Career tasks should be separated though makes it easier for people to find, however this won't be a problem for the majority of players.

I guess you're right. 1st gen s69 players are the only ones who would really  struggle with this. We are too new to know what the normal career tasks are and what new ones would look like. I'm not actually still upset. Just thought the guidelines should be clearer. Plus I needed a topic to earn my 2 TPE. Like I said above I'm addicted to earning TPE. 

6 minutes ago, R Jubis said:

I guess you're right. 1st gen s69 players are the only ones who would really  struggle with this. We are too new to know what the normal career tasks are and what new ones would look like. I'm not actually still upset. Just thought the guidelines should be clearer. Plus I needed a topic to earn my 2 TPE. Like I said above I'm addicted to earning TPE. 

It is also first gen s69 players that haven't done the tasks yet either

10 hours ago, Peace said:

I feel like I've failed you as your GM, I apologize. I should have explained it better on the Discord. 

Far from that. You were always extremely helpful as a GM. I  could have always asked if I was unsure if I was able to do the tasks. In the end it all worked out ?

In agreement with Jubis that the curremt system needs to be way clearer. The problem actually stems further than S69 rookies as some have stated though as I've had players from the S70 class try to claim some of the tasks that are only available to S69 and earlier players and would not surprised if that continued to be the case down the line with the way it's currently formatted. I think @R Jubis is correct in that the guidelines need more info, but I personally don't think there's anything wrong with laying the career point task forum out like this as well to make it 100% clear off the bat which ones each class can/can't do:

XAWJhEa.png

Edited by Tagger