Why Toronto? [1/2]

BluObieZ

I am sure many of you are... not thinking this, but hey! this is my article so go sit on your mommies lap and suckle her teat.  But back to my article. Or... well the beginning of it. So why on earth would Orion Slade pick a team that is not the favorite to the win the cup when they had Seattle all over him like a bag of chips? Does this make sense to anyone? It doesn't to me. So lets look into the situation.

Orion Slade received three offers this off season. Riga a team that didn't even talk to him. Toronto with their yearly pitch with is on point. Toronto was one of the teams he wanted to play for before hanging up the skates and then Seattle yet another team he really wanted to play for. You would think the decision was a easy one. Seattle are just loaded to the brim with talent, so with Slade on the team they would just be unstoppable. Well Seattle got a bit greedy. They wanted Orion to sign for two seasons. Something that he was not really willing to do because that would have been in the very least a third of the time he had left in the league left and at most the half of it. Orion and his agent told Seattle why he could not do it. It's not because he wanted to fuck them and leave them after what looks like a sure cup. But it was because he has little time left to fuck around and bounce from team to team. He told Seattle to think about it.

Guess what they did? they put it to a team vote. Which is totally fine. Go right ahead and vote. You can vote on what color shoes Bana should wear with his rainbow suit. I don't care. The mistake they made was telling Orion they voted "unanimously" to say without a two year deal they shouldn't go for him. Orion's agent Robbie told them pointed out to them their error in a very Robbie way and told them to have fun during the season. 

All along knowing that Toronto was right there ready and willing to swoop in and grab up his client. Was Seattle always the favorite to land Orion? sure I guess you could say that. Was the Toronto offer used as leverage saying that he could just go for a one year contract with a team he wants to play for before he retires. While he does not have the best shot at a cup in Toronto, he does accomplish playing for another team. crossing off a 2nd. He just has a bunch more minus the obvious one he wouldn't ever play for. The hope for as many cups as he can get before he retires seems to have taken a backseat now to playing for as many teams as he can before he retires. If a cup or few happen to fall in his lap, that will be a happy accident. 

Edited by BluObieZ

I understand the choice to not want to sign for two seasons. Seems like they are set up to win the next two seasons though based off of all the resigning they did this past offseason. All the best this season in Toronto.

45 minutes ago, Beaviss said:

This is found to violate our new terms found HERE

Ill be hiding this thread. Let me know if you have any questions.

Your quote of me has the "violations" in it. Just want to point that out to you.

Also. Who do I complain to about finding something offensive? Is it you? Because I find your hot dog sig offensive and overtly sexual. I believe it should be taken down.  

On 11/18/2019 at 12:30 AM, BluObieZ said:

Your quote of me has the "violations" in it. Just want to point that out to you.

Also. Who do I complain to about finding something offensive? Is it you? Because I find your hot dog sig offensive and overtly sexual. I believe it should be taken down.  

You have a problem with the Sig I made of Brock Louth? It's probably the best Sig I have made on the VHL, I'll argue to my last breath that it was made with an intent of humor and if you are getting overly sexual vibes well maybe that is because you have an overtly sexual mind. The only Offensive thing here is that I actually had to comment on a VHL post today, damn it boys learn how to play nicely! lol

57 minutes ago, BladeMaiden said:

You have a problem with the Sig I made of Brock Louth? It's probably the best Sig I have made on the VHL, I'll argue to my last breath that it was made with an intent of humor and if you are getting overly sexual vibes well maybe that is because you have an overtly sexual mind. The only Offensive thing here is that I actually had to comment on a VHL post today, damn it boys learn how to play nicely! lol

Cool story bro

Just now, BluObieZ said:

Cool story bro

I'm not your bro, and I have to say I am disappointed that is all you have to say.  You seem to like starting controversy and to be honest I was expecting a better response. At best your lazy response shows people not to take anything you say seriously. 

But ya "Cool story bro"

red wine ugh GIF by Married At First Sight Australia

Review

I'm only going to discuss the article at hand here, not any of the comments after. I think it's important to take a look at a user's history and see what they value in signing with a team - whether that's a long-term deal, knowing the decision came from the GM alone vs. a team vote, or at least reaching out to a player before making them an offer, among a dozen or more other topics. I suspect teams will take a second look at this article to figure out what you value in a team culture when you make future players or go to free agency again, and some GMs might reconsider how they offer players contracts!

11 hours ago, BladeMaiden said:

I'm not your bro, and I have to say I am disappointed that is all you have to say.  You seem to like starting controversy and to be honest I was expecting a better response. At best your lazy response shows people not to take anything you say seriously. 

But ya "Cool story bro"

Yep

11 hours ago, BladeMaiden said:

But ya "Cool story bro"

Cool