Playoff Previews: First Round MOS/HSK

FrostBeard

Playoff Previews: First Round

Moscow Menace v. Helsinki Titans

Such an amazing matchup between our Russian kings of hockey and Helsinki Titans, a better looking and less talented counterpart. It is important to note that both teams have been brilliant this season with Helsinki taking a lead slightly.

Road to the playoffs

For Helsinki this last season was tough as they have to hire a new GM for the team and it was decided that non-other than Jubo will take over Helsinki Titans. They still have a lot of brilliant, high-quality players around like Julian Borwinn and Kronos Bailey. Quite intriguing that the regular-season series ended up with a result of 4 to 4 as that means that both teams have yet to crack the maze that will lead to a winning strategy on ice. On one side you have Helsinki, a feared and experienced team with players that constantly can be thrown into the conversation for individual awards and Moscow, a team with amazing free-agent signings that have not only created a buzz in their locker room but also have pushed Menace into the conversation as the most intriguing team to watch.

Why Moscow should win?

For me, it is fairly easy to evaluate these series and even though for me it seems that Helsinki could have a slight edge over Moscow,  but you would be wrong. In my eyes, Moscow is the real deal this season and is the team everyone has to be afraid of. With their genius Free-agent signings in Smitty and Gritty, they have cemented themselves as the team to beat and that is not even counting in Randoms and Jet Jaguar who both have been truly on fire this past season. Having over 80 points per game and each having at least 30 goals, it is a lethal combination that teams just have to find a way to counter. I strongly believe that Moscow will be able to win this series strictly based on the fact that Alexander Pepper hasn’t had its best year in recent history. In this stage and level of talent, you can’t have a weaker goaltender as that just straight up sabotages your chances and pulling out wins. In the end, the real question here is - did Davos give them a soon to be cup-winning goaltender? Davison is a truly high calibre goaltender that can not only carry its team but can also help his teammates with taking some pressure off from them as you can expect him to do great no matter what! This won’t be a sweep and these won’t be series that will end fast with one side dominating. It will be a duel that will show why Moscow’s free-agent signings pushed them past Helsinki.

Series will be tough and both teams will have moments to look back at and say - We could have played better. That being said, I believe that Moscow Menace will be moving to round 2 in a long 7 game series again Helsinki Titans. You could even speculate that Helsinki will score more but Moscow will score when it is important.

People mentioned: @Jubo07, @Quik @flyersfan1453@eaglesfan036 @hedgehog337 @gorlab @Sonnet @Poptart

Chief Editor of VSN FrostBeard

Edited by FrostBeard