San Diego Marlins Press Conference

Oatex

Press Conference for the week of August 3rd-9th. I will be loosening up a bit more once I'm moved in and settled. Right now due to time constraints things gotta be a little more straightforward.

1. 7-4-1 in last week's stretch for 15 points. How do you feel your player did during this week of games?

2. With WJC coming up, the GM race is heating up. Which team do you think has the best chance of taking the crown in WJC this season?

3. A lot of people hate Media Spots. Why do you think that is? If you're one that does hate them, why?

4. If you could add one thing to the Player Store for purchase what would it be?

5. Who has better hair, Merrick or Dimmadome?

6. What is IR's sexiest quality? The more uncomfortable answers the better. ?

1. 7-4-1 in last week's stretch for 15 points. How do you feel your player did during this week of games?

Angellini is out there killing it. Tossing up apples to his teammates and grabbing a couple grapes for himself. Looks like the whole team is eating well lately. Love to see it.

2. With WJC coming up, the GM race is heating up. Which team do you think has the best chance of taking the crown in WJC this season?

Hoping the good ole' USofA has a chance this season. Even with everything going on I am still a proud patriot and love seeing US Hockey succeed.

3. A lot of people hate Media Spots. Why do you think that is? If you're one that does hate them, why?

I don't mind Media Spots. It gives a player the chance to flex their writing muscles. I would think that if a player is quiet by nature that it may be difficult to come up with topics/opinions/content. But I love to see all the individual opinions/experiences of players at every level.

4. If you could add one thing to the Player Store for purchase what would it be?

Bulk Up/Gymrat - Add pounds to your player to increase HITS! Hits are a very underappreciated part of the game. They throw off opponent's offenses and offensive forechecking is HUGE.

Tough call. I think we need a solid comparison of the respective Lettuces. LET'S SEE THEM MOPS!

6. What is IR's sexiest quality? The more uncomfortable answers the better. 

Dude must be an attentive lover with the ladies. He stays on top of the team and makes sure everyone has a chance at a "happy ending"

I think I've been showing some pretty good form lately, the offensive numbers are up and the defense hasn't lagged at all! I will only look to get better from here on out but this stretch has been a big confidence boost for my play. 

Well seeing as how I should be on Team Asia *cough* I think we have a pretty good shot. Asia always surprises people with their quality on the ice and I expect nothing less from the squad on this go around. 

I think its probably because they are very limited in content. Lots of people write about the same stuff over and over. However, I think that Media Spots are fine and it give members a chance to grow their creativity. I use it as a speed writing exercise which helps me with my actual work. 

A booster for VHLM players not on their first gen player! Everything is either too expensive or not available to purchase for these players, so it would be nice to see something like that added. 

Merrick, the luscious locks are just insane! Dimmadome has some nice hair but I think Merrick's locks edge him out on this one!

His HUGE, AMAZING, INSATIABLE attention to detail. Have you seen this man run a team, its just incredible!

Edited by Dtayl

1. 7-4-1 in last week's stretch for 15 points. How do you feel your player did during this week of games?

I haven’t been performing as well as I would like defensively, but am doing way better offensively so I guess I’ll take it, 

2. With WJC coming up, the GM race is heating up. Which team do you think has the bestchance of taking the crown in WJV this season?

I have not been following this yet. You would have to think logically USA and Canada would be good bets for someone not paying attention. 

i don’t mind media spots. A lot of them do not interest me and the ones I write do not interest anyone. People love writing and reading about themselves of the team they are on. Maybe that’s why people hate other media spots. 

An automated predictions purchase. I don’t follow the league enough, this may allow members like myself and brew members to purchase an predictions expert to help them. 

5. Who has better hair, Merrick or Dimmadome?

Goalie flow obviously, so big D. 

6. What is IR's sexiest quality? The moreuncomfortable answers the better. 

I have been taught if you have nothing nice to say to say nothing at all.........

A: Well cheering on the bench is actually largely underrated. 

A: I do't really have the information yet to make an informed decision. But I will do with the Americans.

A: I can understand that it is often a big time investment that comes with nothing. Although I enjoy writing and reading them.

A: A Golden Stick, it provides absolutely no game play benefit but you get to know that your playing with a golden stick.  

A: Locks on locks but I feel like the edge has to be given to Merrick.

No comment *Blush* *UWU* (okay I promise I am not doing that again)

LoL has been playing excellent, very happy with the performance. 

I'm going with Canada cause GO CANADA GO! 

I don't care to write, I can type quick, etc but like I am a graphic guy, always have been, just find it more fun to do my graphics, no hate towards media, but they aren't fun to me, just tedious. 

Bringing back TPE packs like every other league would be a good start, we need moar TPE. 

This can't be fair, Dimmadome wears a hat, who knows if his hair is actually that big. 

6. What is IR's sexiest quality? The more uncomfortable answers the better. ?

No Comment. 

Merrick, along with his linemates are coming together. It will only get better.

I don't want to guess, I will jinx them.

I have no opinion on this matter.

Any of the uncapped TPE packages.

Merrick shaves his head so I would think Dimmadome.

Firm breasts, subtle thighs, doesn't get any better than that.

On 8/3/2020 at 1:58 PM, IamMOOSE said:

I did OK. Still getting those hits and the points are picking up a little bit more, but still not as much as I would like.

It's always USA. No reason or logic behind it, just my heart.

I don't hate them, but after 8 years on the site or however long I've been here, the originallity and creativity I have for them is just gone. I used to do ranking articles, statistical articles, etc...but they just take too much time for me. Also, the continue death of the forum versus chat and now Discord means each media spot gets fewer and fewer replies, so the "reward" with community involvement is much less than before in "the old days".

I think it may be interesting to have an option that either delays regression by a season for a higher penalty OR starts regression earlier for a lower regression % in each season. Don't know how feasible it is without being OP though.

Gonna go with Dimmadome on this one.

Yeah, I have no comment. I guess I'll say IR looks good in Green.

San Diego Press Conference week of August 10, 2020 – August 16, 2020:

1.       With WJC fast approaching, which team looks the most dangerous to you?

2.       8 Points separate the top 6 teams in the VHLM, and there’s 4 points between 2nd and 6th, why do you think it’s so tight this season, who’s been the most surprising team?

3.       San Diego had really hit their stride, having won 4 of their last 5. Are you confident the team can maintain this run or are you worried at all about peak fatigue like Miami is experiencing now?

4.       With the trade deadline fast approaching, is there any area you think San Diego could get better in through the deadline?

5.       IT’S THEME WEEK EVERYONE!!! What are your plans to capitalize on the event and claim that sweet TPE?

6.       I’m always looking for new ways to engage people in things like these Press Conferences. Do you have any suggestions for things we could add to spice up these pressers?

1. With WJC fast approaching, which team looks the most dangerous to you?

The United States of America. Led by Banackock, who knows what he is doing building a roster. Should be a interesting time for the good old USA

2. 8 Points separate the top 6 teams in the VHLM, and there’s 4 points between 2nd and 6th, why do you think it’s so tight this season, who’s been the most surprising team?

Anytime a teams wins double digit wins in a row, that is a surprising feat. After finishing at the bottom of the standings last year, a jump from worst to first is quite the feat. So Houston has surprised me the most. 

3. San Diego had really hit their stride, having won 4 of their last 5. Are you confident the team can maintain this run or are you worried at all about peak fatigue like Miami is experiencing now?

We seems to have quite some trouble putting together a long steak of consecutive wins, losing against teams that we likely shouldn't be. I think we can improve and continue to hit our stride in the next few weeks. 

4. With the trade deadline fast approaching, is there any area you think San Diego could get better in through the deadline?

We could really use some secondary scoring outside of Angellini and Merrick. Steve is providing some good secondary scoring but with our fourth highest forward having only twenty-eights points in the thirty-nine games, someone needs to step up either inside or outside the organization to help the two ttwo centers. 

5. IT’S THEME WEEK EVERYONE!!! What are your plans to capitalize on the event and claim that sweet TPE?

My plan is to complete the required task to earn the extra points. 

6.I’m always looking for new ways to engage people in things like these Press Conferences. Do you have any suggestions for things we could add to spice up these pressers?

Possibly more than six questions. Therefore we can cherry pick some questions that we might have more interesting responses to. 

1.       With WJC fast approaching, which team looks the most dangerous to you? Well seeing as I am on team Asia, you know im gonna say my squad is looking pretty dangerous. Many people won't take us seriously but they'll be surprised when the games come around, y'all better watch out!

2.       8 Points separate the top 6 teams in the VHLM, and there’s 4 points between 2nd and 6th, why do you think it’s so tight this season, who’s been the most surprising team? The talent parity is there, lots of teams with lots of good players so the league is very competitive this season. I think most surprising has been Vegas, they seemingly came out of nowhere as pre-season rankings didn't have them performing particularly strong

3.       San Diego had really hit their stride, having won 4 of their last 5. Are you confident the team can maintain this run or are you worried at all about peak fatigue like Miami is experiencing now? I think we are still getting started, we have yet to put together a long string of wins, so I feel like we still have room to grow! When this team hits peak the league is gonna be put on notice, we'll be unstoppable!

4.       With the trade deadline fast approaching, is there any area you think San Diego could get better in through the deadline? Depth scoring! We could use some people on those 3rd and 4th lines to contribute to the scoring sheet! If we can add some quality depth then this team can go to the next level!

5.       IT’S THEME WEEK EVERYONE!!! What are your plans to capitalize on the event and claim that sweet TPE? I'll probably write about the next player I am planning to create or something like that.

6.       I’m always looking for new ways to engage people in things like these Press Conferences. Do you have any suggestions for things we could add to spice up these pressers? More questions! Also you could ask questions that are directed toward specific players so they have incentive to be active and answer the pressers.

San Diego Press Conference week of August 10, 2020 – August 16, 2020:

1.       With WJC fast approaching, which team looks the most dangerous to you?

USA ALL THE WAY BABY. We have some solid Skaters and I think the US will surprise some people this year.

2.       8 Points separate the top 6 teams in the VHLM, and there’s 4 points between 2nd and 6th, why do you think it’s so tight this season, who’s been the most surprising team?

Honestly, Houston is just ridiculous. Their +100 Goal Differential is insane. They look VERY strong.

3.       San Diego had really hit their stride, having won 4 of their last 5. Are you confident the team can maintain this run or are you worried at all about peak fatigue like Miami is experiencing now?

I think we're just finding our groove and we haven't peaked yet. I am hoping for a late season push to carry over into the post-season.

4.       With the trade deadline fast approaching, is there any area you think San Diego could get better in through the deadline?

I think we are pretty solid top to bottom but it is always good to solidify lines. Picking up an extra Winger or a D-Man could give us the push we need to maintain success.

5.       IT’S THEME WEEK EVERYONE!!! What are your plans to capitalize on the event and claim that sweet TPE?

I like the Futures idea. I have been thinking of creating a Defenseman with my next create. I plan on working up a Graphic for a potential young d-man in the future.

6.       I’m always looking for new ways to engage people in things like these Press Conferences. Do you have any suggestions for things we could add to spice up these pressers?

I think you've kept it pretty spicy @Moose. Keep up the good work!

A: I have heard team Asia is looking dangerous

2.       8 Points separate the top 6 teams in the VHLM, and there’s 4 points between 2nd and 6th, why do you think it’s so tight this season, who’s been the most surprising team?

A: I think the talent is incredibly high around the league, my pick for the most suprings would be Los Vegas I love the way they play and I think the results are showing.

3.       San Diego had really hit their stride, having won 4 of their last 5. Are you confident the team can maintain this run or are you worried at all about peak fatigue like Miami is experiencing now?

A: I think we are only taking steps towards are peak and we will only be looking more scary come playoffs.

4.       With the trade deadline fast approaching, is there any area you think San Diego could get better in through the deadline?

A: I think we are balanced well and have some good talents who are still looking to breakout soon.

5.       IT’S THEME WEEK EVERYONE!!! What are your plans to capitalize on the event and claim that sweet TPE?

A: Writing a media spot is good fun although being a new player the future theme was a bit tough.

6.       I’m always looking for new ways to engage people in things like these Press Conferences. Do you have any suggestions for things we could add to spice up these pressers?

A: Directed questions for players that are routinely active would be a awesome way to spice it up.

On 8/10/2020 at 11:33 AM, IamMOOSE said:

1.       With WJC fast approaching, which team looks the most dangerous to you?

It's always TEAM USA - we have a good history in this competition (I think) and have John LeClair II keeping the other team's honest.

2.       8 Points separate the top 6 teams in the VHLM, and there’s 4 points between 2nd and 6th, why do you think it’s so tight this season, who’s been the most surprising team?

The standings are tight because there's a huge discrepancy between the "haves" and "have nots". Given the nature of the minors and the TPE cap, the "haves" will always be similar in strength at the end of the season.

3.       San Diego had really hit their stride, having won 4 of their last 5. Are you confident the team can maintain this run or are you worried at all about peak fatigue like Miami is experiencing now?

Winning too much is never a problem. I'd rather be in this position than losing too much "waiting to catch our stride".

4.       With the trade deadline fast approaching, is there any area you think San Diego could get better in through the deadline?

I don't think so - I think we have a pretty good squad.

5.       IT’S THEME WEEK EVERYONE!!! What are your plans to capitalize on the event and claim that sweet TPE?

I wrote a media spot for the 2nd week in a row! This one was a little harder than usual since I JUST created this player, so thinking about my "next" player is way down the line.

6.       I’m always looking for new ways to engage people in things like these Press Conferences. Do you have any suggestions for things we could add to spice up these pressers?

When I did them for Davos and Moscow, I liked to throw in one "random" question about preferring "this or that" or asking what your favorite type of something is, all non-hockey related.

Team USA, we have guns.

I think we have been pushing hard and have made a mark in the league. So we have been a surprise.

We are young and pushing hard. We will be strong.

Not sure it would be a good idea to change chemistry on the team at this time.

I am a TPE slut. Of course I will claim it.

Soap on a Rope in the showers is all I want.

Note before I begin: This past week I made attempts to start up a raffle for a Q&A. We only got two names who were interested and with my new job the raffle kinda fell through the cracks. This coupled with some push back from the BoG, I’ve unfortunately had to scrap this idea. Sorry team, we’ll find something else. If anyone has suggestions let me know and I’d be happy to try them out for other activities for us as a group.

For this week’s Press Conference (week of August 17th – 23rd) I’d like to do something a little different. For this week’s questions, I’d like to know more about you the member, as opposed to your player. So, with that in mind here is this week’s Presser for San Diego:

1.      What are the Top 5 hockey jerseys you want to have?

2.      We need a thing. Vegas has Taylor Swift love, Vancouver has Lord of the Rings shitpost memes, Miami has Cards Against Humanity and Chess Battles. What should be San Diego’s Discord exclusive thing?

3.      What are your favorite movies/films?

4.      A couple weeks ago, had a 50/50 draw on who has the most luscious locks between Dimmadome and Merrick. This week we move on to the most important talking point in VHL history. Who has the best beard in the VHL/VHLM?

5.      What’s a food recipe you’d like to share with the group that you’ve personally tried/cooked?

6.      Are you a gamer? If so, what is your favorite genre of games and how do you think that genre could be even better?

1. What are the Top 5 hockey jerseys you want to have?

I guess I would go old school for hockey jerseys. I don’t pay attention to much hockey outside the VHL, so I would go with an Yzerman to go with my Osgood jersey.

2. We need a thing. Vegas has Taylor Swift love, Vancouver has Lord of the Rings shitpost memes, Miami has Cards Against Humanity and Chess Battles. What should be San Diego’s Discord exclusive thing?

Nothing. That sounds terrible. We have a community that talks hockey, that’s plenty enough.

3. What are your favorite movies/films?

Coming to America, Pulp Fiction, American Gangster, Tropic Thunder 

4. A couple weeks ago, had a 50/50 draw on who has the most luscious locks between Dimmadome and Merrick. This week we move on to the most important talking point in VHL history. Who has the best beard in the VHL/VHLM?

Jesus Christ- Goaltender Hamilton Canucks Season 1

5.  What’s a food recipe you’d like to share with the group that you’ve personally tried/cooked?

I made a black forest cheesecake. It was decent and actually tasted like the cake.

6. Are you a gamer? If so, what is your favorite genre of games and how do you think that genre could be even better?

Sports Games. They need more completion outside of EA sports doing most of the sports games.

1.      What are the Top 5 hockey jerseys you want to have?

To be honest, it would be awesome to have a Jagr sweater from every team he played on. But if I had to list:

Jagr - Pittsburgh Penguins 80's RoboPenguin

Chris Kunitz - Pittsburgh Penguins Vegas Gold (Because of his 2OT Goal to push the Pens to the 2016 Finals and beat Ottawa)

Roberto Luongo - Florida Panthers

Marc Andre Fleury - Pittsburgh Penguins Vegas Gold & Vegas Golden Knights (I'd like to have them both)

2.      We need a thing. Vegas has Taylor Swift love, Vancouver has Lord of the Rings shitpost memes, Miami has Cards Against Humanity and Chess Battles. What should be San Diego’s Discord exclusive thing?

Highbrow Anchorman References. 60% of the time, it works all the time.

3.      What are your favorite movies/films?

Ghostbusters (Original 80's/90's), Stripes, LOTR Trilogy, The Shining, Eyes Wide Shut, Old School, Road Trip, I could go on for days with Movies.

4.      A couple weeks ago, had a 50/50 draw on who has the most luscious locks between Dimmadome and Merrick. This week we move on to the most important talking point in VHL history. Who has the best beard in the VHL/VHLM?

That is a tough question. Can we see some of the contenders? I would like to peep these chin-salads to be sure whose is best.

5.      What’s a food recipe you’d like to share with the group that you’ve personally tried/cooked?

I make Ropa Vieja (Cuban). It translates to "dirty laundry". It is slow cooked flank steak in a tomato based red sauce with A LOT of olives. Served over white rice. It is good but you have to like olives quite a bit.

6.      Are you a gamer? If so, what is your favorite genre of games and how do you think that genre could be even better?

I am an avid PC Gamer. I play Rocket League and PUBG mainly. I have recently added Fall Guys and CS:GO to the mix and have been enjoying them. I really don't have a particular genre I prefer. I like to try as many as I can.

1.      What are the Top 5 hockey jerseys you want to have?

A: I don't know about 5 but it has to be the Mighty Ducks, its the only option that makes sense.

2.      We need a thing. Vegas has Taylor Swift love, Vancouver has Lord of the Rings shitpost memes, Miami has Cards Against Humanity and Chess Battles. What should be San Diego’s Discord exclusive thing?

A: Winning? But other then that I think we should be a specialist in cooking videos.

3.      What are your favorite movies/films?

A: Spiderman into the Spiderverse is probably my favorite film

4.      A couple weeks ago, had a 50/50 draw on who has the most luscious locks between Dimmadome and Merrick. This week we move on to the most important talking point in VHL history. Who has the best beard in the VHL/VHLM?

A: Well it certainly ins't me that is for sure.

5.      What’s a food recipe you’d like to share with the group that you’ve personally tried/cooked?

A: Haha didn't even read this before I said we should be a specialist in cooking. Well I will suggest banana pancakes very easy and very tasty.

6.      Are you a gamer? If so, what is your favorite genre of games and how do you think that genre could be even better?

A: Well I love all sorts of games but I am an avid Football Manger fan, considering FM is just a bunch of spreadsheets don't really know what to improve.

1.      What are the Top 5 hockey jerseys you want to have? Alex Ovechkin, Nick Backstrom, TJ Oshie, Carey Price, and Evgeny Kuznetsov. Can you tell I'm a Caps fan? LOL. Also Carey Price cause I really admire how he's carried his team for his entire career. 

2.      We need a thing. Vegas has Taylor Swift love, Vancouver has Lord of the Rings shitpost memes, Miami has Cards Against Humanity and Chess Battles. What should be San Diego’s Discord exclusive thing? I think its obvious, we have the best sigs in the VHLM! @okifenoki and @Steve are always killing it with their sigs! So yeah that gotta be out thing I guess. 

3.      What are your favorite movies/films? Hmmm tough question, I really like The Dark Knight, Dunkirk, oh and Mulan! Im really more into TV shows and Anime, movies arent really my thing haha. 

4.      A couple weeks ago, had a 50/50 draw on who has the most luscious locks between Dimmadome and Merrick. This week we move on to the most important talking point in VHL history. Who has the best beard in the VHL/VHLM? Merrick! Have you seen the beard on that guy? OMG its insane, it has to be him! A couple other guys in the league have some nice beards but Merrick's is clearly the best. Makes me wish I could actually grow facial hair.

5.      What’s a food recipe you’d like to share with the group that you’ve personally tried/cooked? Xiao Long Bao, they are soup dumplings and they are AMAZING! They're really not too hard to make either, I can even link a recipe for anyone who wants to try making them. You really cant go wrong with these!

6.      Are you a gamer? If so, what is your favorite genre of games and how do you think that genre could be even better? Yep, right now I'm really into MOBA's, specifically League. I mean the one thing that should really improve is the community, they are so toxic sometimes that its hard to really get into. 

1. What are the Top 5 hockey jerseys you want to have?

Dave Taylor, Marcel Dione, Charlie Simmer, Rogie Vashon and Bernie Nichols.

2. We need a thing. Vegas has Taylor Swift love, Vancouver has Lord of the Rings shitpost memes, Miami has Cards Against Humanity and Chess Battles. What should be San Diego’s Discord exclusive thing?

Anything that has to do with AR15's or competitive checkers would work for me.

3. What are your favorite movies/films?

I like good wholesome family movies like John Wick, Deadpool, Jack Reacher and Bambi.

4. A couple weeks ago, had a 50/50 draw on who has the most luscious locks between Dimmadome and Merrick. This week we move on to the most important talking point in VHL history. Who has the best beard in the VHL/VHLM?

Merrick has had a beard for many many years. I would be hard pressed to find anyone that could grow a mop and awesome as his. True story.

5. What’s a food recipe you’d like to share with the group that you’ve personally tried/cooked?

I don't really have a favorite but they are all mostly the same. Puncture the film, cook on high for 4 minutes, stir, cook an additional minute.

6. Are you a gamer? If so, what is your favorite genre of games and how do you think that genre could be even better?

I dabble with gaming with friends and family. I like shooters like Rainbow 6 Siege, Modern Warfare and single player games like God of War. It doesn't get any better than those.

On 8/17/2020 at 1:51 AM, IamMOOSE said:

1.      What are the Top 5 hockey jerseys you want to have?

I'd like a Timonen,  Desjardin, and Sanheim jersey...you may be able to tell what type of players I like.

2.      We need a thing. Vegas has Taylor Swift love, Vancouver has Lord of the Rings shitpost memes, Miami has Cards Against Humanity and Chess Battles. What should be San Diego’s Discord exclusive thing?

Discord? What's that?

3.      What are your favorite movies/films?

Not the movies I think are best, but movies that I can always watch - Shrek, Pirates of the Caribbean, Miracle, most of the Harry Potters.

4.      A couple weeks ago, had a 50/50 draw on who has the most luscious locks between Dimmadome and Merrick. This week we move on to the most important talking point in VHL history. Who has the best beard in the VHL/VHLM?

It was easily Gritty, not sure who it is anymore.

5.      What’s a food recipe you’d like to share with the group that you’ve personally tried/cooked?

Hm....Chicken Divan - https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/8854/broccoli-chicken-divan/

6.      Are you a gamer? If so, what is your favorite genre of games and how do you think that genre could be even better?

The games I play most now are single player sports management games...Football Manager, Front Office Football, Outside the Park Baseball, EHM etc... I wish the team management AI could be improved, but I know that's very hard to do.

San Diego Final Regular Season Press Conference: August 24, 2020 – August 30, 2020

1.      With the regular season coming to an end this week, who has stood out to you in the lockeroom?

2.      How would you evaluate your regular season performance?

3.      We will finish the regular season 2nd in the Western Conference and could be as high as 4th in the League. How do you feel about SDM’s season?

4.      With our opponent likely being Ottawa, a team we struggled with this season (1-4-0), what do you think the strategy should be to overcome the Lynx this season?

5.      Who do you think has the most momentum heading into both the VHL and VHLM playoffs?

6.      A little off topic for this one: Now that we into round 2 (it’s really 3 but okay), how has your bracket faired for the NHL playoffs?

1.      With the regular season coming to an end this week, who has stood out to you in the lockeroom?

Man, HJK @Dtayl has worked tremendously this season to cap out and he reached that goal this past weekend. His point production has gone up significantly and he contributes heavily on our blue line. He will be an even bigger asset come playoffs.

2.      How would you evaluate your regular season performance?

I think I've had a good season. High point production, not as many hits as I would like for a two-way center but I am liking the way my player is developing.

3.      We will finish the regular season 2nd in the Western Conference and could be as high as 4th in the League. How do you feel about SDM’s season?

We have had some hot streaks and a few question marks. Simon has been friendly at times and others just downright baffling. I think SDM has had a stellar season with a lot of players developing immensely. We have a shot at the Cup.

4.      With our opponent likely being Ottawa, a team we struggled with this season (1-4-0), what do you think the strategy should be to overcome the Lynx this season?

Defense, defense, defense. We know we can score. We need to keep the Lynx off the board.

5.      Who do you think has the most momentum heading into both the VHL and VHLM playoffs?

Houston is riding a 5 game streak right now and look just as hot as they have all season. The Bulls are going to be a tough opponent throughout the playoffs.

6.      A little off topic for this one: Now that we into round 2 (it’s really 3 but okay), how has your bracket faired for the NHL playoffs?

Well, my Penguins were eliminated before it even started so I have a bad taste in my mouth. I have the Lightning going deep as well as Colorado. I am hoping the Isles take out Philly and Vancouver takes out LV.