Season 39 Draft 3 Horse Race

Tyler

Early Look at Top Prospects for Season 39

1387246015000-jack-eichel.jpg

Boomgarden may be the best player right now, but Williams has generational potential that cannot be overlooked.

With the Season 38 VHL Draft taking place mid week, the scouts are already looking ahead to next year's Season 39 Draft. The race for number one selection is a three horse race with Tyrone Williams, Koji Yamazaki and Mikkel Boomgaarden being the front runners thus far. Most scouts place Williams ahead of the pack, but admit, the race is stil open right now. "There is a lot of time between us and the draft. Right now, Williams is the top pick, but in one month and two months? Who knows what will happen," said one anonymous scout for a VHL team. Williams is a power forward from Michigan who knows how to find the back of the net and is one of the hardest players to stop in recent memory. There is no real guideline for how to stop the 18 year old left winger, it is simply possible to contain him. His weakness is that he has hands of stone and is not much of a passer. Yamazaki is a large defnder from Japan who is known for his positional play as well as his fluid skating and hard checking approach to the game of hockey. He has all the tools to be a number one defender in the league, although some question if he has the longevity to be a true franchise player for a team. The third player is Mikkel Boomgaarden who is another player from Michigan. He is a 22 year old defender who is the very definition of franchise potential. He can shoot, hit and is one of the most positionally sound prospects in a while. He is likely the most talented player right now, but we still see Williams as the number one at this point in time because he is a generational talent who seems unstoppable at the junior level.

Edited by Tyler

• Commissioner

More TPE than 2/3 of the people on this list, and only 2 behind the other. Sure though, I don't stand a chance :P

More TPE than 2/3 of the people on this list, and only 2 behind the other. Sure though, I don't stand a chance :P

didnt see u on the list of draftees my bad haha

• Commissioner

Helsinki with 5 firsts here... I likey!

I would gladly play for Helsinki. In 37 seasons I've only never played for Quebec and Helsinki (counting old versions of the teams like Stockholm instead of Riga)

A Koji mention...awesome. All the recreates deserve to go before me based on their history and to be honest I will just be happy to be drafted and start my career properly with Yamazaki. I know he won't be Mr Irrelevant, but even if he was, I would be completely happy with it. Am happy to have made the list despite starting with 0 TPE and no reputation. Cannot wait until the season starts and am updated and on a roster. I love this place.

• Admin

A Koji mention...awesome. All the recreates deserve to go before me based on their history and to be honest I will just be happy to be drafted and start my career properly with Yamazaki. I know he won't be Mr Irrelevant, but even if he was, I would be completely happy with it. Am happy to have made the list despite starting with 0 TPE and no reputation. Cannot wait until the season starts and am updated and on a roster. I love this place.

we love first-gens like you around these parts.