Has Veran Dragomir been SNUBBED

Victor

• Admin

In the S68 Hall of Fame discussion thread, a number of players were listed for consideration to be added to the ballot, including two with the following stat lines:

RS: 576 GP, 333 G, 361 A, 694 P, +256, 137 PIM, 211 HIT, 215 SB, 57 GW

PO: 77 GP, 42 G, 36 A, 78 P, +18, 13 PIM, 21 HIT, 41 SB, 10 GW

RS: 576 GP, 338 G, 351 A, 689 P, +83, 286 PIM, 692 HIT, 316 SB, 60 GW

PO: 51 GP, 17 G, 36 A, 53 P, -2, 282 PIM, 17 HIT, 20 SB, 1 GW

The first one is Oyorra Arroyo @omgitshim who has just been inducted into the HOF. The other is Veran Dragomir @Velevra who played the exact same 8 seasons as Arroyo but isn't even on the ballot.

Now there is a simple explanation below and for lots of voters the below makes a big difference:

Arroyo:

S64 Kevin Brooks Trophy (Most Goals)

S65 Scotty Campbell Trophy (Most Valuable)

S65 Brett Slobodzian Trophy (Most Outstanding)

S65 Mike Szatkowski Trophy (Most Points)

S65 Kevin Brooks Trophy (Most Goals)

2x All-VHL First Team (S64, S65)

Three Continental Cups (S62, S64, S65)

Dragomir:

S60 Christian Stolzschweiger Trophy (Top Rookie)

S67 Kevin Brooks Trophy (Most Goals)

1x All-VHL First Team (S65)

1x All-VHL Second Team (S67)

Essentially, Dragomir had the better start to his career and the better end, while Arroyo had a higher peak in the middle. Dragomir was less lucky in the playoffs, only making the finals once on an underdog Quebec in S62 while Arroyo made five straight appearances from S61 to S65. Arroyo had three 100-point performances compared to Dragomir's 1, but Dragomir had 3 other 90-point seasons, including when the two combined efforts on the Victory Cup-winning swansong in Toronto in S67.

Certainly if they were both on the ballot I'm sure Arroyo would still be inducted first and his was a well deserved induction. But seeing how close their careers really were, is Dragomir hard done by not even being on the ballot?

On a vaguely related note, I have realised the Velevra has won the Stolzschweiger Trophy as the league's top rookie with each of his past 3 players (Apollo Skye, Dragomir, Soren Jensen). That is probably a unique achievement.

28 minutes ago, Victor said:

In the S68 Hall of Fame discussion thread, a number of players were listed for consideration to be added to the ballot, including two with the following stat lines:

RS: 576 GP, 333 G, 361 A, 694 P, +256, 137 PIM, 211 HIT, 215 SB, 57 GW

PO: 77 GP, 42 G, 36 A, 78 P, +18, 13 PIM, 21 HIT, 41 SB, 10 GW

RS: 576 GP, 338 G, 351 A, 689 P, +83, 286 PIM, 692 HIT, 316 SB, 60 GW

PO: 51 GP, 17 G, 36 A, 53 P, -2, 282 PIM, 17 HIT, 20 SB, 1 GW

The first one is Oyorra Arroyo @omgitshim who has just been inducted into the HOF. The other is Veran Dragomir @Velevra who played the exact same 8 seasons as Arroyo but isn't even on the ballot.

@Victor Are those PIM numbers right?  Dragomir has 286 PIM in regular season and 282 in only 51 play off games?

• Admin
Just now, Garsh said:

@Victor Are those PIM numbers right?  Dragomir has 286 PIM in regular season and 282 in only 51 play off games?

Nope, those are his shot totals in the playoffs lol.

I see now why he didn't make the ballot, due to a typo!

Just now, Victor said:

Nope, those are his shot totals in the playoffs lol.

I see now why he didn't make the ballot, due to a typo!

I mean i was impressed tbh.

42 minutes ago, Victor said:

On a vaguely related note, I have realised the Velevra has won the Stolzschweiger Trophy as the league's top rookie with each of his past 3 players (Apollo Skye, Dragomir, Soren Jensen). That is probably a unique achievement.

Probably accurate. I've got Flowers/McAllister, but Wingate's breakout was the World Cup after his rather shitty rookie year :( 

• Admin
40 minutes ago, CowboyinAmerica said:

Probably accurate. I've got Flowers/McAllister, but Wingate's breakout was the World Cup after his rather shitty rookie year :( 

I have just located Travis Boychuk, Zach Parechkin, and Bo Boeser. What a start for @DollarAndADream

• Admin
6 hours ago, Velevra said:

Thanks for the shout-out Victor, I feel like you are always hyping up my players! Didn't realize Dragomir wasn't actually that shabby, would be cool to at least be put on the ballet :) 

Shane Baker greatest partner in crime OAT