Pajodcast Players Return for Team Devise in VHLGM League

Devise

If you haven't been paying attention the very talented @Quik has started a side VHLGM League in order to get some more test sims with ample sample sizes and have a little fun in the process. There were quite a lot of sign ups and on top of being assigned a pool of attributes to give to players we also got to name our entire roster. So I figured what better way to have some fun with this than dig up some names of the past? I decided to grab from a pool of Pajodcast members previous players who for the most part our legends. I also added in a few of the side members that occasionally guested or were thrown into the mix of players. I have to say huge sorry to @.sniffuM whom I missed, but ultimately I decided the only rep you could of had was Reik and I wanted to give the rest of the league a fair fighting chance. :P 

Anyway the roster I wound up going with is as follows;

Center - Wesley Kellinger - @Jericho's second player, a solid player in his own right who has now seen some support to be added to a HoF ballot as he's always been on the line.

Center - Rauno Pajari - My own first scrub of a player who somehow is more notable than the majority of my skaters due to sticking it out and having at least one good season. It turns out "one good season" is about as good as it gets for Dev skaters.

Left Wing - Ryan Sullivan Jr. - @Advantage's most recent Ryan Sullivan position switched to a winger. I decided to go with him for the synergy, given I had to choose his other player as well. He's not really HoF worthy but he did have a pretty solid career post the forward switch. Underrated power forward type. 

Left Wing - Nikolai Lebedev - @Noah's long lost player who retired the same season as Pajari in S31. Noah used to guest on the Pajodcast and even had his own successful podcast series called the 3-way alongside Damien(Muffins whom I mentioned above) and one other who I am forgetting. Greg? Anyway, Pajari's best season was with Lebedev by his side and I figured given the tier of the second line players this was going to be a solid fit.

Right Wing - Odin Tordahl - @BOOM™'s most legendary player probably? If you don't know Boom well know that he was a huge part of the Pajodcast legacy. One of our longest running listeners, he went on to make some of the most noteworthy players in the league. I could not not include Tordahl in this, as he compliments Kellinger perfectly well for a top line Dynamic Duo. 

Right Wing - Verner Reinholdt - Probably my best skater? Probably? Verner was meant to set the world on fire as I built him far more correctly to the meta across the board but he was only good for most of his career and never great. It's a big step up in the realm of the Devise player but still not even remotely close to HoF. Still, he is a fitting inclusion.

Defense - Ryan Sullivan - ADV's most legendary player and the father of Jr of whom most are familiar with now. Sullivan is one of the top D's of all time, a sure fire HoF and is easily ADV's most notable built player. Not only was it fitting to include him, its long past time we had the iconic defensive pairing of Sullivan and....

Defense - Daniel Braxton - Jericho's most iconic player as well. You may of heard this name brought up in a great article by Victor recently in regards to HoF's who haven't won a Cup, that was the meme at the time. Regardless though Braxton had 5 finals appearances, and up until Conner Low came in and set the world on fire had a strong argument for the greatest defender in the league. No Pajdocast team would be complete without the trio of Braxton, Sullivan and Pajari. 

Defense - Lars Intranquilo - @diamond_ace While probably not Jasons "best" player, for me this is the player that I have always linked to Jason/Ace. A defensive first D who bucked the trend of awards and stats long before we ever had a best defensive defender award. In terms of Pajodcast connection, Jason was actually there to see the birth of the Pajodcast. Joining Chris, Kyle and I for poker sessions, cards against humanity or other side fun well before the podcast even formed. After it did, he became a rotation chair style of guest who was on semi-regularly. 

Defense - Edwin Encarnacion - @Tagger - Oh Edwin. Long before Tagger used a randomizer or actually built a few legit players, he was known as the handler of Edwin. The best footballer to ever hockey a field goal kick passed the keeper Edwin was one of the most interesting meme players to ever play. A fighter and a goon, who also was a solid checker and defensive player Edwin wound up amassing some of the highest PIM totals in league history. His Pajodcast connection goes past the league as he eventually became a regular guest on several of our Youtube features and pretty much carried us through the majority of our Overwatch play. 

Goalie - Skylar Rift - Rift Sr, my second ever player has to be included despite retiring early as he is no doubt the best player I have ever built across the board. Had I finished his career he'd probably be HoF and it'll likely be the closest I ever get to it, but alas he will rise to captain the Pajodcast team of geezers from memory lane. 

1 hour ago, .sniffuM said:

I am hurt ?

It wasn't personal attribute wise I only had so much left and Lebedev was the more justified second liner, didn't want a scrub attribute Reik imposter. I'll name my next actual player a Reik as tribute to make up for it.

8 hours ago, Devise said:

It wasn't personal attribute wise I only had so much left and Lebedev was the more justified second liner, didn't want a scrub attribute Reik imposter. I'll name my next actual player a Reik as tribute to make up for it.

You don't have to do that :o