What Happens If You Refuse to Retire?

eaglesfan036

So I've been thinking, you know how I always joked with Gritty and Beaviss about having Gritty make an early retirement? What if now that I am on Vancouver again I do the opposite and just refuse to retire. If I don't hit the retirement button and don't create a new player, will anyone notice if I just keep going with Gritty another season? I would be like the opposite of Da Trifecta, in never retiring my player instead of always retiring him after only like 3 seasons. I could be starting a new trend in the VHL, and instead of going with Project Player 2 I might just go with Project Never Retire. Let me know in the comments if you are with me, as it is finally time someone fights the power around here! 

On a side note, if any of you haven't seen the video of Gritty throwing ping pong balls into cups, it is adorable and go check it out. 

3 minutes ago, ContinentalCup036 said:

So I've been thinking, you know how I always joked with Gritty and Beaviss about having Gritty make an early retirement? What if now that I am on Vancouver again I do the opposite and just refuse to retire. If I don't hit the retirement button and don't create a new player, will anyone notice if I just keep going with Gritty another season? I would be like the opposite of Da Trifecta, in never retiring my player instead of always retiring him after only like 3 seasons. I could be starting a new trend in the VHL, and instead of going with Project Player 2 I might just go with Project Never Retire. Let me know in the comments if you are with me, as it is finally time someone fights the power around here! 

On a side note, if any of you haven't seen the video of Gritty throwing ping pong balls into cups, it is adorable and go check it out. 

It auto retires you...

1 minute ago, ContinentalCup036 said:

What happens if I refuse to recognize the significance of the auto retirement? 

Just make another Gritty and be reborn!

Just now, ContinentalCup036 said:

Would I break the sim if I named my next player Gritty as well lol

I think so?

• Commissioner
9 minutes ago, ContinentalCup036 said:

Would I break the sim if I named my next player Gritty as well lol

The portal won’t allow a repeat name.

• Commissioner
2 minutes ago, rjfryman said:

What if there was "go around again" in the store that cost 20 mil but let you add another season to your career?

@Quik would approve of this thinking. He’s been pushing for career extension as store purchases for awhile.

Just now, Beketov said:

@Quik would approve of this thinking. He’s been pushing for career extension as store purchases for awhile.

Might also make it so some people won't sign for league min. could be another interesting side effect. I don't know if 20 mil would be high enough, since if you do full depreciation fighter thats 41 Mil which if spent like this could easily give you 2 extra seasons, which in turn if you stay above the 900 line you are at least getting another 11 mil. plus 2 in donations. So if someone were to go for 6 mil a seasons they could add 3 extra seasons easily (assuming the 6 was also before the last few seasons.) We would have to do a bunch of things in order to represent the stat changes and other things for that full train of thought. I do however think the full capped out would be an extra three seasons without just knee capping a team with huge contracts.   

1 hour ago, rjfryman said:

Might also make it so some people won't sign for league min. could be another interesting side effect

Preach