10. DC Dragons

11. Malmo

12. London

13. Warsaw

14. Chicago

15. Vancouver

16. Helsinki 

123051. Vasteras

Yay someone who finally doesn't have Calgary last !!

1. Vasteras

2. Helsinki

3. Davos

4. Vancouver

5. New York

6. Malmo

7. Calgary

8. Toronto

9. Moscow

10. DC

11. Prague

12. Riga

13. Seattle

14. Warsaw

15. London

16. Chicago

17. Los Angeles

Top four teams are mainly based on who I enjoyed playing for, but outside of that it's just a combination of a bunch of different things (location, history, logo, etc.).  Doesn't quite reflect which teams I'd want to play for the most but moreso which teams I just kinda like in general.  Which is why the four expansion teams are at the bottom since there's like nothing to judge them off of.

Edited by solas

3 minutes ago, GrittyIsKing09 said:

@solas not dissing, don't know what it is

Oh no worries I was just joking around with that reaction.

Essentially Vasteras was probably the most unsuccessful team in the VHL - they won the first ever title then didn't win another one until S26, then never won a cup after that (the two longest cup droughts in league history).  They were originally named after a real-life team, Vasteras IK (which people didn't like), moved to Madrid for three seasons, then moved back and became the Vasteras Iron Eagles.  They became the Stockholm Vikings in S40 and were one of the two teams that were contracted in S57.  So while they were in Vasteras, the team was kind of the butt of a lot of jokes due to the heavy lack of success + the city not being well known + originally being named after a real-life team.  There were a few of us who really enjoyed being a part of the team but probably not enough to outweigh the negatives in the eyes of much of the rest of the league.  

• Commissioner
14 hours ago, solas said:

Oh no worries I was just joking around with that reaction.

Essentially Vasteras was probably the most unsuccessful team in the VHL - they won the first ever title then didn't win another one until S26, then never won a cup after that (the two longest cup droughts in league history).  They were originally named after a real-life team, Vasteras IK (which people didn't like), moved to Madrid for three seasons, then moved back and became the Vasteras Iron Eagles.  They became the Stockholm Vikings in S40 and were one of the two teams that were contracted in S57.  So while they were in Vasteras, the team was kind of the butt of a lot of jokes due to the heavy lack of success + the city not being well known + originally being named after a real-life team.  There were a few of us who really enjoyed being a part of the team but probably not enough to outweigh the negatives in the eyes of much of the rest of the league.  

The biggest negative for me will always be the return plus the VHLM franchise of the same name. If they had just been moved and then contracted there could be more of an argument for them returning. However they moved, were brought back, were a VHLM franchise, and were then moved again and contracted from the VHLM. It’s just too much for me. Vasteras had their chances.

I guess I'll rank the teams I've actively played for by my experience with/love for them and then fill out with logo rankings for the teams I haven't played for.

1. Vasteras

2. New York

3. Calgary

4. Vancouver

5. Seattle

6. Cologne

--------------------------

7. Moscow

8. Helsinki

9. London

10. DC

11. Warsaw

12. Malmo

13. Riga

14. Prague

15. LA

16. Chicago

17. Toronto

18. Davos

Toronto and Davos at the bottom have more to do with me disliking the franchises than their logos.

• 4 weeks later...