Warsaw Predators Press Conference

Da_Berr

Welcome to the start of the best expansion team's press conferences. New questions will be posted every week. (Only have to answer 6 for that sweet 2 tpe)

*Week ending July 19*

1. What are your initial thoughts on being drafted to Warsaw? 

2. What do you think is a realistic goal for us next SZN?

3. What are some goals you have as a player next SZN?

4. How do you think the draft went for us (either exp or VHL)?

5. What's your go to move in a shootout?

6. Any recommendations to the GM or AGM?

7. Who do you think is gonna be Warsaw's rival in the VHL?

8. Should we intentionally tank to force Muff to eat a pierogie on stream?

9. Can ketchup be considered a "juice?"

10. What's your favourite NHL team?

Edited by Da_Berr

3 minutes ago, Da_Berr said:

Welcome to the start of the best expansion team's press conferences. New questions will be posted every week. (Only have to answer 6 for that sweet 2 tpe)

*Week ending July 19*

Uhh, kind of expected it tbh, I knew muff knows me, and I knew I wasnt protected, it just made sense.

Next season, id say 20-30 wins is a solid start.

Well, hopefull 40+ points but, i dont know.

Uhh, I think the expansion draft was a solid one. I know infernal is a hard, dedicated worker, and he will prove it in the seasons he plays at warsaw.

Datsyuk or nothin'.

Hmmm... I dont know, all I know is im the 1th overall draft pick!

Davos.

YES!!

Anything is considered a juice if you want it to be.

Buffalo Sabres.

On 7/14/2020 at 10:58 PM, Da_Berr said:

*Week ending July 19*

1. COol, We about to build a dynasty

2. Make playoffs

3. Get some shtouts
4. Nice
7. London i think
8. ? @Da_Berr dont leak it
9. No, not at all
10. Dont watch it ?

On 7/14/2020 at 10:28 AM, Da_Berr said:

*Week ending July 19*

1). I’m excited! It will be great to be a part of a new team and solidify the franchise going forward in the next few seasons.

2). Granted I’ll be down in the VHLM, but I think acquiring draft capital or more prospects would be a great focus to build us up.

3). To develop as functionally as I can to ensure Grachev comes in full force to the VHL.

4). Regarding the VHL draft, I felt like we did very well with who was available and who we picked. It may not show this season, but each player selected should develop nicely and really help our team out.

5). I like to push the puck way out far to my right and keep it on the toe of my stick. I’ll look for the goalie to commit to a move and go with either a Kucherov, a quick pull back short side, or fire it quick five hole if I freeze him.

6). Keep doing you, your motivation has been great!

7). London. Both expansion teams, I could see something budding from that soon.

8). ?

9). I usually go for tomato smoothie if anything.

10). Chicago Blackhawks!

With HHH in tow, we should be able to put up some solid performances this season. Of course, with most of our key future players staying down in the VHLM, it's overall gonna be a building block season while next year will be our first really important season.

With this likely being A Red Guy's last season, I'm pushing for him to be the best player possible for New York.

I'm really happy with how both drafts went for us. We were able to bring in some key long-term assets in the expansion draft, and ended up with a solid foundation for our future with the supplemental picks and just all of our selections in general in the VHL draft.

Don't mix up the first name of the players you draft.

With London being our fellow EU expansion team I'd say they're a natural rival, but it's likely all four expansion teams will be regularly compared against each other.

I'm gonna go with no on this one chief. I'm already gonna eat one, only thing worse than eating one pierogie is eating two.

Second ever PC for Warsaw! I'm dedicating this PC to (Lets pray that this is correct) Dakota Lamb, sorry for getting your name wrong. As Kayne says, "I know I act a fool but I promise you I’m going back to school.” 

*Week Ending July 26* (remember only have to do 6 for your 2 capped TPE)

1. If you had to compare your current player to an NHL player (or any pro athlete), who would it be and why?
  2. Who do you think will win the cup this year? 
  3. What would you choose out of the 3 following things for your player's career? Personal Success, Team Success, or Money.
  4. If you had to play any other position than the one you are playing right now, what would it be?
  5. What is your favourite pump-up song before a game?
  6. If you had to become a professional athlete in any sport other than hockey, what would it be?
  7. You're coming down the ice with speed on a 2 on 1. Do you take the shot or try and make a pass to your teammate? 
  8. HHH has just joined the team, trying to take everyone's minutes (including the goalies and the Dmen). If you beat him at one thing he'll stop, what do you challenge him to?
  9. Who's your favourite artist (music) to listen to?
  10. What's your pregame meal?

7 hours ago, Da_Berr said:

Second ever PC for Warsaw! I'm dedicating this PC to (Lets pray that this is correct) Dakota Lamb, sorry for getting your name wrong. As Kayne says, "I know I act a fool but I promise you I’m going back to school.” 

1. If you had to compare your current player to an NHL player (or any pro athlete), who would it be and why?
  3. What would you choose out of the 3 following things for your player's career? Personal Success, Team Success, or Money.
  4. If you had to play any other position than the one you are playing right now, what would it be?
  6. If you had to become a professional athlete in any sport other than hockey, what would it be?
  7. You're coming down the ice with speed on a 2 on 1. Do you take the shot or try and make a pass to your teammate? 
  8. HHH has just joined the team, trying to take everyone's minutes (including the goalies and the Dmen). If you beat him at one thing he'll stop, what do you challenge him to?

1). Right now, I’d say Victor Grachev is along the lines of Philippe Myers. Young, unproven for right now, but given time could really succeed.

2). I really think the New York Americans have what it takes. Unless you mean the NHL in which case I think the Avalanche will get another cup.

3). Team success. Grachev is built for defense, and although personal stats are important it’s a better feeling to help a team win a championship or two.

4). Center mainly because that’s what I played IRL. Still defense oriented and love to play a two way game.

5). Battlestar Galactica: Prelude to War. The drums really feel like I’m going to war every game.

6). Either Golf or Football, really like playing both of those sports.

7). Absolutely love to pass it. I am way more willing to get an assist and watch the other guy bury it.

8). Probably a board game, something like Risk or Ticket to Ride.

9). I’ve got a few: Metallica, Disturbed, Sabaton, Powerwolf, Rhapsody (Luca Turilli).

10). Oatmeal and eggs for breakfast, pickles, bananas, apples, oranges, and energy bars for lunch and a cup of coffee or 2 throughout the day. Can’t mix pickles/fruit and coffee though, that gets gross.

8 hours ago, Da_Berr said:

1. Ummmmm, i dont watch NHL
2. Warsawwwwwwwwwwwwww, or Riga
3.Team success, always!
4. Defense i guess
5. memories, i dont know why, i am listening to it while doing this 
6.  basketball, cuz it is cool ?
7. i am goalie
8. Challenge him to try sleeping during game day

13 hours ago, Da_Berr said:

1. If you had to compare your current player to an NHL player (or any pro athlete), who would it be and why? I would say Ristolainen, hes slick on the ice, racks up points, and can play solid D.
  2. Who do you think will win the cup this year?  Not us.
  3. What would you choose out of the 3 following things for your player's career? Personal Success, Team Success, or Money. Team and Personal success.
  4. If you had to play any other position than the one you are playing right now, what would it be? Center.
  5. What is your favourite pump-up song before a game? Uhh, the one that goes "Muff Magic man put a spell on me, fuck around got a cup on me"
  6. If you had to become a professional athlete in any sport other than hockey, what would it be? Football, US.
  7. You're coming down the ice with speed on a 2 on 1. Do you take the shot or try and make a pass to your teammate? Depends on what my shot is looking like.
  8. HHH has just joined the team, trying to take everyone's minutes (including the goalies and the Dmen). If you beat him at one thing he'll stop, what do you challenge him to? Age, Grandpa.
  9. Who's your favourite artist (music) to listen to? Dont know, tbh.
  10. What's your pregame meal? Muffs deli meats.

14 hours ago, Da_Berr said:

1. If you had to compare your current player to an NHL player (or any pro athlete), who would it be and why? Patrick Kane, he is a god
  2. Who do you think will win the cup this year?    Warsaw duhh
  3. What would you choose out of the 3 following things for your player's career? Personal Success, Team Success, or Money. Personal Success
  4. If you had to play any other position than the one you are playing right now, what would it be?  LW
  5. What is your favourite pump-up song before a game? All I do is win win win no matter what
  6. If you had to become a professional athlete in any sport other than hockey, what would it be? NBA
  7. You're coming down the ice with speed on a 2 on 1. Do you take the shot or try and make a pass to your teammate?  Pass all day, thats a glitch in NHL 2020

14 hours ago, Da_Berr said:

1.) I think Dayne is similar to Bo Horvat

3.) I would choose team success

4.) Maybe just toss me on the wing

5.) I like listening to rap before a game

6.) I would become a Formula 1 Driver 

7.) I have more confidence in my shot so I think I would shoot

A Red Guy is a fat, walking, amorphous blob, so I'd probably have to say Bartolo Colon.

Too early for Warsaw, but I have faith New York can bring it home this time 'round.

Well I play goalie right now so team success, it's the path to winning MVPs apparently.

Any forward spot, I don't find goalie or defense particularly fun.

I'd say the intimidation factor of a red blob coming at a goalie is pretty jarring so I should be open to take the shot.

A spelling bee.

*Week Ending August 2* (remember only have to do 6 for your 2 capped TPE)

1. Whose your favourite player in the VHL?
  2. What do you usually do for point tasks?
  3. If we could have any sponsor for our team, who would you want our team to sponsor to be?
  4. Ray Shields is currently tearing up the league. What's his secret?
  5. If we could get any player in the league to join Warsaw, who would you want it to be?
  6. What do you think of the expansion teams so far? Have they impacted scoring in the VHL?
  7. Where should the VHL expand to next?
  8. Who is your early MVP candidate in the VHL?
  9. We've played a few games now, how do you think we are doing? Did you expect us to play like this?
  10. New York seems unstoppable this season. Do you think anyone can catch up with them?
Edited by Da_Berr

2 hours ago, Da_Berr said:

1. Whose your favourite player in the VHL? jaredN
  2. What do you usually do for point tasks? Graphic, PF, PC, Trivia
  3. If we could have any sponsor for our team, who would you want our team to sponsor to be?under armour 
  4. Ray Shields is currently tearing up the league. What's his secret? Pay Simon T himself
  5. If we could get any player in the league to join Warsaw, who would you want it to be? jaredN or Zetterberg (Jared Newman/Ray Shields) I know them both very well.
  6. What do you think of the expansion teams so far? Have they impacted scoring in the VHL? Yes, Warsaw good, rest bad.
  7. Where should the VHL expand to next? Buffalo.
  8. Who is your early MVP candidate in the VHL? Alex Bridges, duhhh
  9. We've played a few games now, how do you think we are doing? We’re... decent.  Did you expect us to play like this? Yes.
  10. New York seems unstoppable this season. Do you think anyone can catch up with them?  Yes, us.

7 hours ago, Da_Berr said:

3. If we could have any sponsor for our team, who would you want our team to sponsor to be?
  5. If we could get any player in the league to join Warsaw, who would you want it to be?
  6. What do you think of the expansion teams so far? Have they impacted scoring in the VHL?
  9. We've played a few games now, how do you think we are doing? Did you expect us to play like this?
  10. New York seems unstoppable this season. Do you think anyone can catch up with them?

1. jet jaguar imo, idk why. It depends on the position to be honest.
2. Welfare(6)+Press(2)+Trivia(2)+Graphic(2)
5. Anyone from ottawa Lynx
6.i dont know about the rest, but Warsaw has been doing good
7. Asia, in my opinion
8. HHH
9.We are doing really well
10. Yes, us maybe.

On 7/27/2020 at 1:31 PM, Da_Berr said:

1.) HHH

2.) Graphic, Practice, Press Conference, Quiz, Recruitment

3.) Mercedes

5.) Pines or Hylands

7.) Australia 

8.) Gunnar

On 7/27/2020 at 3:31 PM, Da_Berr said:

2. What do you usually do for point tasks?    Practice, Trivia, Wellfare, and fantasy
  3. If we could have any sponsor for our team, who would you want our team to sponsor to be?  Chipotle, so I can get my burrito bowl before every game
  6. What do you think of the expansion teams so far? Have they impacted scoring in the VHL? Its intersting! its nice to change it up a little.
  7. Where should the VHL expand to next?  ASIA!
  8. Who is your early MVP candidate in the VHL? Ray Shields
  9. We've played a few games now, how do you think we are doing? Did you expect us to play like this? Yea, as a new team we still need to grow, We also have some nice young prospect in the VHLM right now so we will get better once they are called up.

*Week Ending August 9* (remember only have to do 6 for your 2 capped TPE)

1. In the future do you have any plans of becoming a GM or AGM?
    • If you already are one, what do you think about it?
  2. Do you think there will be any more expansions before S80?
  3. How did you come up with your player's name?
  4. Any career goals you want to reach with your current player?
    • If your player is close to retiring, any goals for your next player?
  5. What is your ideal contract? Longer-term and slightly less money or more money and lower term?
  6. We've been struggling a bit this season, what would you in our current situation as GM?
  7. What do you think of the STHS system we currently use for sims?
  8. What's your top 3 favourite pizza toppings?
    • If you don't like or don't eat pizza, what's your favourite fast food?
  9. Who do you think is the favourite to win the cup this year in the NHL?
    • If you don't watch hockey, what about other sports? 
  10. If you are starting a new team, what position would you focus on filling first? (G, F, D, C)

17 minutes ago, Da_Berr said:

5. What is your ideal contract? Longer-term and slightly less money or more money and lower term?
  6. We've been struggling a bit this season, what would you in our current situation as GM?
  10. If you are starting a new team, what position would you focus on filling first? (G, F, D, C)

1. Maybe not
2.Maybe, but i think we have enough
3.Totally not my real name
4. .900+ sV%
5. No comment
10.maybe D

On 8/3/2020 at 10:45 PM, Da_Berr said:

1. I would definitely like to be an AGM at some point 

2. Maybe in the M but not in the VHL

3.He was a character from Game of Thrones

4. I just wanna win championships 

5.I like short contracts so you can test out the market

6. I would just keep developing and be on the prowl for prospects 

*Week Ending August 16(remember only have to do 6 for your 2 capped TPE) 

Damn time flies, we're almost done the season and can soon get all of you on the actual team. HYPE!

1. What do you think about NY getting the first overall pick this year (NHL)?
  2. Are you expecting us to make any trades this deadline? Any trades you want to see?
  3. Who do you think is going to be the best player in this upcoming draft class?
  4. For those in the VHLM, how is your team doing? Are you happy that you stayed down for another season?
  5. What is your favourite arena/city to play in when we're visiting?
  6. What would be your ideal version of a goal song?
  7. What do you do pregame (any rituals)?
  8. Where would you go for your dream vacation?
  9. Who do you think is the favourites to win the WJC this season?
  10. Does Muff really love you? 
Edited by Da_Berr

1.) What do you think about NY getting the first overall pick this year (NHL)?

I don't mind them getting the first OA pick, just happy it wasn't Toronto, Oilers, or Minny

2.) Are you expecting us to make any trades this deadline? Any trades you want to see?

Just wanna see trades that make sense for the long term when it comes to this team

4.) For those in the VHLM, how is your team doing? Are you happy that you stayed down for another season?

I am glad I stayed down for an extra season and I think we are playing quite well for the time being.

5.) What is your favourite arena/city to play in when we're visiting?

I like visiting Prauge, nice place

6.)What would be your ideal version of a goal song?

The Peaky Blinders Theme Song

9.) Who do you think is the favourites to win the WJC this season?

Team Canada baby!

• 2 weeks later...

t0iLC3y.png

*Week ending August 23* (remember only have to do 6 for your 2 capped TPE) 

1. With Bridges inactive and HHH went next season, who do you think will step into a leadership role?

2. The LR has been quiet this season, it'll get better next season when you all come up, but do you have any suggestions for the LR?

3. Of the prospects we have who do you think will reach 700 TPE first?

4. If our team was struggling with the salary cap, would you hold off on earning TPE (until contract negotiations are done) so we could sign you to a lower contract?

5. Who do you think has had the most improved season this year? (Can be VHL or VHLM)

6. Who's your favourite teammate right now? 

7. How is everyone holding up with the pandemic going on still?

8. Favourite movie?

9. Where would be the best place to host the VHL playoffs if we were in the bubble?

10. If you could bring one person with you into the bubble, who would it be?

On 8/20/2020 at 9:44 AM, Da_Berr said:

t0iLC3y.png

*Week ending August 23* (remember only have to do 6 for your 2 capped TPE) 

1. With Bridges inactive and HHH went next season, who do you think will step into a leadership role?

2. The LR has been quiet this season, it'll get better next season when you all come up, but do you have any suggestions for the LR?

3. Of the prospects we have who do you think will reach 700 TPE first?

4. If our team was struggling with the salary cap, would you hold off on earning TPE (until contract negotiations are done) so we could sign you to a lower contract?

5. Who do you think has had the most improved season this year? (Can be VHL or VHLM)

6. Who's your favourite teammate right now? 

7. How is everyone holding up with the pandemic going on still?

8. Favourite movie?

9. Where would be the best place to host the VHL playoffs if we were in the bubble?

10. If you could bring one person with you into the bubble, who would it be?

1. D lamb might be there
2. Add more muff commands
3. Me! Maybe lmao
4.Ya i would do that for sure
7.I am good!
8. Avengers End game 
9. Warsawwww, duh

t0iLC3y.png

*Week ending August 30* (remember only have to do 6 for your 2 capped TPE) 

1 .The regular season has ended, what did you think of our team's performance? 

2. We ended the season as the second best expansion team, how do you think we'll do compared to the other expansion teams next year?

3. Any prospects you particularly want on the team this draft?

4. What are your plans for this offseason?

5. If we had a VHL game (NBA2K, or NHL2K), who would be our cover athlete?

6. What do you feel about the chat feature being taken down? Did you even notice?

7. Who is going to come out on top in the Wild Card round? (VAN vs DC) (DAV vs MAL)

8. What is going to be the first stat that you max out to 99?

9. What's your favourite fast food place or restaurant?

10. What's better, onion rings or fries?