Warsaw Predators Press Conference

Da_Berr

On 10/27/2020 at 1:29 AM, dasboot said:

t0iLC3y.png

*Week ending November 1* (6 questions for 2 TPE)

1. Already feels like we haven't played hockey in forever, what are you doing to satisfy your craving for more hockey?

2. Are you watching this year's VHL playoffs? If so, who are you cheering for?

3. We're planning a team paintball tournament, you are a captain, who is your first pick for your team? 

4. Now that you can relax on training a bit for off-season, what are your go to cheat foods?

5. We'll soon have a ton of players join us from the draft, what are your ideas for some hazing?

6. How did you do with VHFL this year? Are you going to have to study harder for next season?

7. Who is one member you would give anything to have on our roster?

1). Going back and watching film and highlights to keep sharp and remember those sweet moments from last season.

2). Helsinki, got some buddies on that team and I hope they do well.

3). Probably Latrell Mitchell or Dakota Lamb first, I want the quickest guy on my team.

4). Pizza, donuts, cheeseburgers, wings, I pig out in the offseason.

5). Have them run from the practice rink to the arena in their underwear in the cold. A nice brisk run to wake up the new guys.

6). 2nd place again. So I think I should be ok, just need to get over that 1st place hump.

On 10/27/2020 at 11:59 AM, dasboot said:

t0iLC3y.png

*Week ending November 1* (6 questions for 2 TPE)

1. Already feels like we haven't played hockey in forever, what are you doing to satisfy your craving for more hockey? Playing Basketball!!!!!

2. Are you watching this year's VHL playoffs? If so, who are you cheering for? No, and no

3. We're planning a team paintball tournament, you are a captain, who is your first pick for your team?   Uhhhh, D lamb

4. Now that you can relax on training a bit for off-season, what are your go to cheat foods? Maybe some chips

5. We'll soon have a ton of players join us from the draft, what are your ideas for some hazing?  idk, just excited to see muff's player

6. How did you do with VHFL this year? Are you going to have to study harder for next season?BAD, I Was LAST AGAIN

7. Who is one member you would give anything to have on our roster? 

1. Already feels like we haven't played hockey in forever, what are you doing to satisfy your craving for more hockey?

I've gotten some tickets for the VHL Finals from a contact on the inside (@BladeMaiden ?) so I'll be headed to see the ultimate series... in person!! (assuming there's no COVID in the VHL world lol)

See above! You bet I've got my girl Venus going all the way.

3. We're planning a team paintball tournament, you are a captain, who is your first pick for your team? 

Probably the new guy, Mitchell! We've gotta get him involved, and making him my first pick is a great way to do it! Plus he's got a mean shot.

4. Now that you can relax on training a bit for off-season, what are your go to cheat foods?

Cheat foods? Cheat foods!? My body is a temple. No cheat foods for me, I get my enjoyment out of making the most of life in other ways!

5. We'll soon have a ton of players join us from the draft, what are your ideas for some hazing?

Aw, I'd never. That was always more Venus's thing, but she always does it in a prankster-y friendly way.

6. How did you do with VHFL this year? Are you going to have to study harder for next season?

I thought I would be first when I saw my point total... but my group was stacked and I got third! ? 

1. With the new VHL game out I've found myself playing that a bunch, dreaming of the day Jeffrenomitsu and Aloe Dear get to play on the same line and such.

2. Nope, not me. No point watching the playoffs really unless it's my team that's in it.

3. Aloe Dear, no questions asked. He never complains and can play at a high level while also being a leader.

4. Chocolates! Halloween candy and all that

5. Fill up their cars with popcorn.

6. Poorly, I will try to be better this season after a great fantasy season from me in my VHLM days

t0iLC3y.png
*Week ending November 7th* (Answer 6 questions for 2 TPE)

1. We were able to play very well in the Lottery Tournament, winning the whole thing. What can we do to carry that momentum into the new season?

2. Bigger surprise champion: Vancouver in the VHL or Miami in the VHLM?

3. Of all the finals series to go down over the past few weeks, real life or sim league, which was your favorite and why?

4. We were able to bring in Jeffrenomitsu The Third from Riga yesterday to bolster our ranks. Got anything to say to the new guy?

5. If any current NHL team were to join the VHL as the next North American Conference expansion team, which team would you want to see and why?

6. Riga now owns what feels like half of the Season 75 draft. What do you make of the deals they have been able to make to acquire such an albatross of draft capital?

7. What is the longest distance you ever ran without stopping?

8. Which two VHL teams do you believe have the best chance of being the best team in the league in three seasons?

9. What is the longest distance you ever walked without stopping?

10. If you could play with any player currently in the league that you have never played with, who would it be and why?

4). Welcome and we are glad to have you!

5). The Anaheim Ducks but change them to the Might Ducks of Anaheim. Because it’s the Mighty Ducks.

6). Seriously good work getting all that capital, let’s hope they grab some good players that pan out.

7). 2 and a half miles, never again.

8). I could really see us and London making some good runs in 3 years.

9). About 6 miles on a backpacking trip in some mountains not counting the little breaks for food.

On 11/1/2020 at 7:32 PM, Renomitsu said:

See above! You bet I've got my girl Venus going all the way.

Sad Laine noises

On 11/7/2020 at 3:44 AM, .sniffuM said:

t0iLC3y.png

1. We were able to play very well in the Lottery Tournament, winning the whole thing. What can we do to carry that momentum into the new season?

3. Of all the finals series to go down over the past few weeks, real life or sim league, which was your favorite and why?

4. We were able to bring in Jeffrenomitsu The Third from Riga yesterday to bolster our ranks. Got anything to say to the new guy?

5. If any current NHL team were to join the VHL as the next North American Conference expansion team, which team would you want to see and why?

6. Riga now owns what feels like half of the Season 75 draft. What do you make of the deals they have been able to make to acquire such an albatross of draft capital?

8. Which two VHL teams do you believe have the best chance of being the best team in the league in three seasons?

10. If you could play with any player currently in the league that you have never played with, who would it be and why?

1. Keep up the strong play, hopefully some moves made and draft picks will be able to step in and play well. 
2. Yeah surprised both ways. Didn’t see Vancouver as a contender and Miami knocking out Halifax was huge 

4. Welcome Jeffie and get ready for some good times in Warsaw

6. Yeah Riga is going all out with the drafting. Should be good for us as it’s another team not competing 

7. Probably like 400m race is max. Running is bad on joints 

9. Have done some major hikes, 35km in a day, maybe with a couple stops for water 

On 11/7/2020 at 1:14 AM, .sniffuM said:

t0iLC3y.png

1. uhhh, jkeeping it up and doing well
2.Miami, should have been ottawa
3.Real life NFL
4."remember i am always behind you, do you thang"
5. i dont watch nhl :( 
7, 1 cm i guess lol

Hmm, it's hard to say. Obviously we're not a last place team, and we'll generally only get better with time. I don't think it's fair to give us momentum going into next regular season when we really played teams that we should be beating, you know?

Vancouver. They're a really young team, and while they do have some quality players, few really expected them to do damage in the playoffs. Same with Seattle getting kicked out early, I guess.

Welcome @Jeffie43!!! I'm glad you're here :):)

Vegas Golden Knights. It makes for a very interesting story, and they've a history of doing well in their early seasons! I'd like to see them navigate the randomness of STHS though.

I think some of them were rather lopsided in favor of Riga, especially with respect to the Prague trade. Hopefully the VHL Entry Draft continues to produce quality players so they can make use of those current and future picks.

Um... probably about 8 miles? That was a while back - I'm pretty sure the best I can do now is maybe a couple of miles, if that.

t0iLC3y.png

*Week ending November 15* (6 questions for 2 TPE)

1. How's your off-season going so far? Get up to anything exciting?
2. Which addition to the team are you pumped for?

3. Are there any trades that happened that made your jaw drop?
4. One of the topics in VHL lately, especially with GM Muff has been pierogies. Have you had them and are you a fan?
5. Dakota Lamb had huge success last season and for that got an invite to the all-star game as well as rookie of the year, what should we do to celebrate?

6. There's been tons of moves especially in the EU this off-season, how do you think Warsaw fairs against the competition next year?

7. Are you gonna get one of PS5 or Xbox Series X at release? 

4 minutes ago, dasboot said:

t0iLC3y.png

4. One of the topics in VHL lately, especially with GM Muff has been pierogies. Have you had them and are you a fan?
5. Dakota Lamb had huge success last season and for that got an invite to the all-star game as well as rookie of the year, what should we do to celebrate?

6. There's been tons of moves especially in the EU this off-season, how do you think Warsaw fairs against the competition next year?

1. I’m part of Laine’s offseason tournament 

2. is it cheating to say me?

3. Rush going from Calgary to NYA got my attention playing with him in the Mi know the type of player he is

4. yes I’ve had them, and yes they are good

5. have a team celebration but nothing to big

6. I can see us maybe compete for a Wildcard spot

We are a better team than people think. Can't sleep on us!

Miami because Ottawa is clearly the best team

The End of PBE was good because it meant the losing season was ending and a new season breeds hope!

Welcome! Glad to have you on the team!

Boston Bruins because they are my favorite team!

I ran a half-marathon in real life so like 13 miles!

On 11/11/2020 at 6:55 PM, dasboot said:

t0iLC3y.png

1). I've decided to try and learn spanish. Me gusta el hockey.

2). Newly acquired D man Kevin Wu. One because I went to highschool with someone named Kevin Wu so that's neat and two he had a strong season in the VHLM.

4). I mean I've had dumplings before so I'm sure they are good as well.

5). If there isn't a huge party for Lamb I will be severely disappointed.

6). I think we can still have a strong season. We are getting better and better!

7). No I think I'll wait a little until more games come out. I'm good with my PS4 and PC for now.

I unfortunately didn't get to play in the same off-season tournament team as Venus, but I am doing quite well under @fishy's guidance!! Go Steel... things?

Uh, can I say all of them? My boys @AW13 and @Jeffie43 are both great additions, and I have some sim league history with them! Even though people generally don't know who Jonessee is, I think he'll be able to turn our team around and continue to progress us towards playoff readiness going forward.

3. One of the topics in VHL lately, especially with GM Muff has been pierogies. Have you had them and are you a fan?

I haven't eaten any of our GM's pierogies personally, but I am a fan in general of course! They're basically non-Asian dumplings, and who doesn't like dumplings?

4. Dakota Lamb had huge success last season and for that got an invite to the all-star game as well as rookie of the year, what should we do to celebrate?

Hmm... well, provided the pandemic, I think the best thing we can do is not give him COVID and honor him by making ourselves a playoff contender in the next couple of seasons!

5. There's been tons of moves especially in the EU this off-season, how do you think Warsaw fairs against the competition next year?

No question, I think we're able to compete much more effectively this season than we did last season. We've brought a number of really active members aboard, and I fully expect us to finish with more wins than last season by a good margin.

6. Are you gonna get one of PS5 or Xbox Series X at release?

I dunno.. I've heard people are pretty rabid for them. I think I'll get robbed if I buy one, so I don't think so.

On 11/12/2020 at 6:25 AM, dasboot said:

t0iLC3y.png

On 11/12/2020 at 6:25 AM, dasboot said:

t0iLC3y.png

1. Ah yes its good
2. Uhhh Kevin Wu, maybe
3. nah, not yet
4. Nah,, dont even know what tf is that
5. uhhh, i dont even knwo
6. We about to make playoffss 

1. Nothing crazy, just working out with Aloe Dear and trying to pick up on some stuff he may have for me

2. Myself I guess? Warsaw's kind of always felt like home to me with my good friend Muff being the GM and my other friend Renomitsu being their 1st Overall pick in our draft

3. When I heard I was being traded I was not that surprised but to hear that I was coming hear had me super excited!

4. I have had them! I like them a lot when done right, but I can be a super picky eater at times so there's that

5. DLamb is sick and I'm super excited for his bright future. To celebrate there's nothing better than to throw a party for my man, champagne and all

7. I did try and close to noon on release day I managed to secure a PS5! Super hyped for it to come in...whenever that is.

t0iLC3y.png

*Week ending November 22* (6 questions for 2 TPE)

1. S75 starts this week! How pumped are you for the season?
2. Are there any specific goals for yourself that you have this year?

3. There have been a few more trade talks for Warsaw, would you rather keep future assets or try and improve right now?
4. Was there anything during the off-season that surprised you in the league?
5. Do you feel the off-season went by quick or slow? What could be different to make it better for you?

6. Does this roster have what it takes to sneak into the playoffs this year or are we a couple more away?

7. What's your favourite part of this Warsaw team?

very pumped i love vhl hockey!
beat warsaw as many times as possible!~

3. There have been a few more trade talks for Warsaw, would you rather keep future assets or try and improve right now?
doesn't matter, losing to LA anyways dweebs
warsaw didn't forfeit the season out of shame, shocked me tbh
5. Do you feel the off-season went by quick or slow? What could be different to make it better for you?
maybe a tournament where teams take turns playing warsaw except every game the worst warsaw player is banned permanently from the vhl

6. Does this roster have what it takes to sneak into the playoffs this year or are we a couple more away?
LOL

how much you guys lose

5 hours ago, dasboot said:

t0iLC3y.png

1. Extremely pumped for the season 

2.no I don’t have any goals right now

3. We have a very young team, so I say let the team develop for a while

4. Riga trading pretty much everyone for draft picks 

5. I feel it went by quick, because I was part of the Pro-Am tournament so I always had something to look forward to

6. I’d be surprised if we sneak in I don’t see it this year, but I’ve been wrong before 

On 11/17/2020 at 1:19 AM, dasboot said:

t0iLC3y.png

1). Absolutely on fire for this season, really feel like we can make a playoff appearance!
2). I want to try and beat my point performance from last year and prove that it wasn't a fluke.
3). I feel like we may be in a good place, depending on how the next few games go we will see if we are ready for a playoff push or still need to acquire some more capital.
5). I felt like I blinked and we were right back to it! I wouldn't change it, my life is very busy so things are moving at warp speed for me.
6). I think we can do it this year.
7). I like this vibe of us being underdogs, people may think we aren't ready. But I feel like a surprise is coming this year, when Warsaw does very well.

On 11/17/2020 at 12:49 PM, dasboot said:

t0iLC3y.png

1. VERY VERY PUMPED!!! PLAYOFF SZN
2. UHH, goalie of the year??
3.i dont care, hold my Ntc and 6 year contract ?.
4. Nothing much
5.Quick i guess
6. Yes, we can 

Eh... kinda excited, I guess? I mean, it's alright... just kidding! Of course I'm pumped! Let's go HIT SOME SCRUBS!!!

Finish with more points and a better +/- than last season! I'm making that a goal for the rest of my time in the league. Every season has to be better than the last.

I'm not really a manager. I'm gonna leave the tough decisions up to the guys who get paid to make them. It would be weird if one of us Danes just started coming in and making decisions for a Polish team, don't you think?

Not particularly. There were some lopsided trades, but my agent has been in the league long enough to know sometimes teams get fleeced.

Pretty slowly, but I think that's because we weren't in the playoffs. I appreciated it going slowly because that way I could spend more time recuperating and reflecting on how I can live a better life.

The STHS powers that be decide that, not us. So I have no idea.

1. I'm really excited to see what my player can accomplish this upcoming season after a down year!

2. I would like to have more points than last season, hopefully

3. I trust Muff to do what's best for the team

4. Watching myself get traded was kind of surprising but not really considering my activity at the time

5. I think it went by pretty quickly for myself

6. I think we're capable of making the playoffs but you never know

7. Reno and Muff as they are my closest friends in the league

Very excited! Team should be much improved!

I would love to get 50 points so that is my goal!

I don't think this team will contend yet but we have the pieces, getting a good similar timeline piece would be nice.

Not that I know of. I have been off doing my thing!

Off-season is always slow unfortunately or at least feels slow!

Good question! My guess would be no way but if things come together and the builds are decent enough, anything could happen!