Town of Salem #8

Gustav

4 minutes ago, Z16 said:

Hello everybody. I'm the town sheriff, don't go around dally-dapping on my watch or you'll be investigated thoroughly and exposed to the rest of the group if anything doesn't add up

Who received the role of investigator? Says we work together.. Give me a list of suspects before the end of the night and I'll get to work!

Hello Mr Sheriff

For future reference, there is no reason to reveal your role on day one because nothing if consequence has happened yet. Sheriff is a decently important role, and you may have made yourself a mafia target.

Just pick someone at random tonight who isn’t Spartan (no reason to look at the jailor claim)

1 minute ago, eaglesfan036 said:

Just pick someone at random tonight who isn’t Spartan (no reason to look at the jailor claim)

That isn't necessarily true, jailor isn't a confirmed role this game. That being said, as soon as a couple people say they've been jailed, it pretty much is.

You cannot transport the Jailor's target, and instead your transport will fail. You will receive the message "One of your targets was in jail, so you could not transport them."

I'll transport whoever spartan says he is jailing if my target fails we can confirm he is jailor.  Gustav said jailor role wasn't confirmed today.

1 minute ago, Mr_Hatter said:

That isn't necessarily true, jailor isn't a confirmed role this game. That being said, as soon as a couple people say they've been jailed, it pretty much is.

Yes true but still makes the jailor not worth looking at for now

2 minutes ago, Mike said:

You cannot transport the Jailor's target, and instead your transport will fail. You will receive the message "One of your targets was in jail, so you could not transport them."

I'll transport whoever spartan says he is jailing if my target fails we can confirm he is jailor.  Gustav said jailor role wasn't confirmed today.

Not a bad idea just make sure not to transport spartan

I mean, I can randomly pick someone to jail and then for you to transport. I'm going to think that the trans trying to prove jailor exists is going to lead to your own death since you've revealed and you won't be moving tonight.

17 minutes ago, eaglesfan036 said:

You are welcome

I do wonder if mafia put you up to saying that though - using the new player card ?:(

new player card is always fun haha

32 minutes ago, Mike said:

Why hide who you jail?  I want to confirm you as jailor tonight.

Well they can confirm me through a night action or tomorrow morning. I definitely do not want the trans to be trying to transport whoever was in jail since that makes them a sitting duck, and the trans can be very important for us if use properly. I also am going at random for now, and don't want to give whoever I'm jailing a head's up to strategize and prepare.

This strategy doesn't seem too bad. I know I know it's Mike and Eagles giving ideas, but they really can't be Mafia every game can they? 

With the possibility of no jailor it's wise to leverage the quiet first day to confirm any information we can. 

1 hour ago, Spartan said:

Well they can confirm me through a night action or tomorrow morning. I definitely do not want the trans to be trying to transport whoever was in jail since that makes them a sitting duck, and the trans can be very important for us if use properly. I also am going at random for now, and don't want to give whoever I'm jailing a head's up to strategize and prepare.

If you aren't jailor then it's just another mafia confirming you are jailor.  Just say at 8:59pm tonight who you are jailing and I'll try to transport.  They wont get moved if they are jailed ill get a message tomorrow saying target was jailed.  

It would be an insanely bold play for mafia to prop up a fake jailor. That would require then to have someone act as jailor, then each member if mafia claim jailed the next few nights. That would easily fall through the cracks and we could just connect the dots with all of them.

Plus, I tend to believe spartan because he claimed jailor really early, without seeing if anyone else would

27 minutes ago, eaglesfan036 said:

Plus, I tend to believe spartan because he claimed jailor really early, without seeing if anyone else would

This is it for me. He claimed immediately after someone (you I think?) asked for jailor. If he was maf trying to play as jailor, then he would wait at least a few hours, if not most of the day.