VHLM mock draft (Top 3)

Blazzer

This is a small mock draft of the top 3. This draft class is huge and it’s remarkable. I’m not good with intros so let’s just hope into it.

Jolly Greene Giant @DoktorFunk – 244 TPE – 1st overall

A defenseman created by DoktorFunk which is 100% guaranteed to be active and make an impact. He’s expected to go 1st overall this season in the VHLM draft and also top 10 in the VHL draft. Jolly played for the Ottawa Lynx this season putting up point per game stats in the regular season. It’s a high chance that San Diego will pick Jolly because he’ll be a solid blueliner However, he will most certainly be going up to the VHL next season with just 6 more tpe needed to cap. Jolly is a checking defenseman that draws the average amount of PIMs. He’s able to stop the puck from moving forward by landing a huge check and stopping the play. Jolly is a brave giant that puts his body on the line for his team. He lost his discipline in the playoff run but this shouldn’t scare GMs away. He will be sure to be active in the locker room as well as Dok gets along with many people.

image.png.28c0323280ebe5f253b787da62a1bc7a.png

Rara Rasputin @Victor – 236 TPE – 2nd overall

The Russian machine is a brick wall. He didn’t have the best SV% during the regular season but he made it up during the playoffs. Once again, he might play in the VHL next season depending on where he gets drafted to. In the VHL draft, NYA has the 2nd overall pick which means that he might drop because NYA doesn’t need a goalie in their roster. His 5 SO helped his team but he wasn’t able to get more wins that loses. Rara is a reliable goaltender that isn’t going to just turn into swiss cheese for 20 games then be a brick wall for 1.

image.png.66e08a4e1d48b04c327e8b8ba83b88b0.png

Cabe McJake @RedSus – 207 TPE – 3rd overall

Cabe chose to sign with Miami and played 58 games total for them. Under the GM Ricer, he managed to out a decent amount of points with a trip to the finals and lifting the cup there. He went absolute beast mode in the playoff run, exceeding point per game stats. Cabe is nice on the nice by that I mean he doesn’t hit much. He keeps body contact to a minimum here and it’s a guarantee that he has less PIM. Cabe is a playmaker as much as he is a sniper. With 70 shots in 18 playoff games, 11 of them lands behind the net. The accuracy sure needs improvement but the pressure put up on the opponents goalie sure is there. His offence needs to show on the man advantage as well. With 138 power play minutes, I would surely expect a bit more from Cabe but he’s a rookie so all’s good. He has a lot to improve on but he’ll make an impact to the team that drafts him.

image.png.3ecf9bd448233f7621b311033691c8e2.png

So that’s my draft for the top 3. It seems okay I hope. Thanks for reading this and have a nice day! (This now doesn't make sense because I just figured stuff out ?

535 words

Edited by Blazzer

Reading this on VHL default black is incredibly painful but that's not your fault. Good insight, formatting works and the inclusion of the stat tables makes it easy to go along with your analysis.  Could likely use a bit better spacing as it looks a bit clumped together though. Keep on going though, otherwise looking good.

9/10

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this and thought this was very thought out. Like tfong said above it does look a bit clumped together and it would have looked perfect. I'd love to see a first round analysis in the future to see where you think the top players will go in the VHLM. Overall awesome little article to read and I'd love to see more. 

9/10

On 11/5/2020 at 9:04 PM, Callahan said:

I'd love to see a first round analysis in the future to see where you think the top players will go in the VHLM.

I might make this happen every season