Malmo Blog - Deathwalker: Nighthawker

animal74

Deathwalker excited to start Nighthawk career

Posting to his new blog for Malmo fans, Deathwalker: Nighthawker, Druss Deathwalker updates his feelings on the new season starting tomorrow.

Well, laddies (and lasses), I am excited to start this season off with a bang! In practice, I’ve mainly been skating on the second line although many line combos have been tried in an effort to put forward a balanced attack. I feel great! We have a young team but we have a team with spirit! I think we may surprise the VHL this year. 

Our forward group is of course led by our fearless leader Chris Hylands who is unbelievable to watch. I’m learning more from watching him than playing back in Scotland! Me and Carson Walkers stirred the pot a bit at practice – he can be a beast when he wants to. I was also impressed with our top centre Arthur Dayne. He can really fly and handle the puck at top speed! We have a very skilled lineup and defensively responsible, too, although we’ve had some trouble in the passing drills. I think I’ll be relied on to do the heavy lifting in the corners and feed the puck to my fellow S77 draftee, Brendan Telker.

Our backend is led by none other than Marshall James Frostbeard who is an absolute beast! Kamenov, Wakaro, and Wu round out a well-balanced core that can skate and defend our zone. Breakouts and first passes are something we continue to work on.

I’ve been most fascinated by the battle in net. Both Woody McPine and Artem Tretiak are solid netminders and they compete hard and want to win. I feel they both give us a great chance to win any night.

Well, Malmo faithful, time to get some shuteye and get ready for our first game. Good night! 

@Hylands @Cwalker @Infernal @Telkster @FrostBeard @BigTittySmitty @Snussu @kevinscix @HearnNation67 @Molholt

Edited by animal74