VHLE GMs

Berocka

Hi there VHL

Recently we have had the announcements of the new VHLE General Managers and the teams they will be leading. I will not be talking about the teams in this media spot but the people behind them. I will judge them on my interactions with them and why I think they will make a good or not so good GM. So let us get into the spiciness and see what I have to say.

@rjfryman

I have probably had the most interaction with RJ as a GM compared to everyone else in this list. Firstly, almost everyone knows RJ from his constant updates on the TPE per draft list which makes me sad every time I look at it as I just slowly drop down the ranking boards. His knowledge of stats and the forum/portal should make him a good GM. I was also part of his team in the VHLM when he was a GM of the Houston Bulls, I will not judge him too harshly in this aspect as when I joined, he had no other players and was in a down year in the VHLM. Lastly, he was in a GM league I was in, and he always outperformed what most people expected so as a manager he has the skills and knows how to put together a good team. Where he might be lacking is the social aspect, I feel like a lot of VHLE teams will house a lot of cusp players that aren’t max earners but jump in time to time and I think you will need to spend a lot of time keeping people involved. I believe he just had a baby when I was in his team so I understand that if his commitment to a team dropped a bit. Overall RJ will make a great GM.

@FrostBeard

Frosty has been incredible in every aspect of the forum/discord towards me. He was the VSN leader when I was hired and I have been in a couple of teams with him. I think that he has the right mind and dedication to lead a team well and they will be a top contender I would assume. Where I think he lacks a little bit would be the keeping people involved in discord. Not because he is lacking in anyway but because of the dreaded time zone difference. If he can keep people active and dedicated I would put him as most likely to win GM of the year award.

@InstantRockstar

I have had some interaction with IR in Seattle and the SC. He is dedicated to the league and with his tenure here I wouldn’t be scared of him running away anywhere anytime soon. He knows about the league, knows about STHS and knows what is needed to help a team succeed. The only thing I would be worried about IR is his intentions, I believe he wants a VHL GM job. I am sure most people do, especially on this list. However, I think he would possibly be the next pick should a VHL GM job present itself. I think he will be a great GM just it might be a stop gap position for him.

@Advantage

I think the tenure of Advantage should speak for itself he was the most winningest VHL GM until just recently. I think he can bring a wealth of knowledge into the league and would put together a great team. I don’t have a wealth of knowledge on the man but if I was to get picked on his team I would not be worried at all. I don’t think there is much to fear about him being the GM possibly a similar one to IR that he might get called up should a VHL job arise.

@thadthrasher & @KaleebtheMighty

Look I know nothing about these two, I know thad is the one who made a video or something for a World Cup job as a GM. Kaleeb I had never really heard of the name to be honest. So I will not judge these two. They are new and I am sure they are hungry. Best of luck to them both.

Review

Y'know, if you wanted to be really spicy you could grade the GMs based on how much you expect them to succeed.

Just kidding, that'd be a nightmare for just about everyone involved, I think. This is a nice little primer on some of the users selected as GMs. There are a number of familiar names (including two former Malmo GMs!) and I think you've done a good job describing your interactions with them. The only edits I might make is in your fifth-to-last sentence, where you could probably afford to put a period in place of the first comma, and two sentences later ("Kaleeb I have never really heard of the name Kaleeb to be honest...") for the sake of flow. Thanks for the read!

5 minutes ago, Renomitsu said:

Review

Y'know, if you wanted to be really spicy you could grade the GMs based on how much you expect them to succeed.

Just kidding, that'd be a nightmare for just about everyone involved, I think. This is a nice little primer on some of the users selected as GMs. There are a number of familiar names (including two former Malmo GMs!) and I think you've done a good job describing your interactions with them. The only edits I might make is in your fifth-to-last sentence, where you could probably afford to put a period in place of the first comma, and two sentences later ("Kaleeb I have never really heard of the name Kaleeb to be honest...") for the sake of flow. Thanks for the read!

Writing a media spot on your lunch break to sneak in the tpe. This usually makes a sub standard media spot.

Thanks for your review

On 8/9/2021 at 4:59 AM, Berocka said:

Lastly, he was in a GM league I was in, and he always outperformed what most people expected so as a manager he has the skills and knows how to put together a good team.

The Nashville Nerds will forever be the reigning champs of the IHL, rip. We folded the exact season I was about to win. 

Solid analysis, I always like when people share their actual thoughts on the hires. It’s easy to say the good things, it’s harder to voice your concerns (however small). Also, you gotta meet Kaleeb and Thad. They’re good stuff all around. 

Welcome back Berocka 💜 

7 hours ago, bigAL said:

The Nashville Nerds will forever be the reigning champs of the IHL, rip. We folded the exact season I was about to win. 

Solid analysis, I always like when people share their actual thoughts on the hires. It’s easy to say the good things, it’s harder to voice your concerns (however small). Also, you gotta meet Kaleeb and Thad. They’re good stuff all around. 

Welcome back Berocka 💜 

I never left