To :cal:

D. Edwin Encarnacion

C Giygas

RW Jamie Shetler

S40 NYA 2nd

To :col:

S41 CGY 1st

D Mattis Trumbauer

For me this is the deal to finish off the selling-portion of our rebuild, after it we only have players from Season 37 and younger on our roster (and stupid old Collier), some of whom are already pretty far in their development. I would like to thank both YEAH! and muffins for their contributions to the organisation, both were great players for this franchise that we got for cheap and who then turned out to be more actve than everyone thought, being great voices in the locker room and good players on the ice. If Encarnacion was a season or two younger then I probably would have kept him, but now that I have the chance to bring in some more youth I decided to move him and Giygas to a team where they can make the playoffs and maybe even compete for a championship right away, they definitely deserve it :)

Thank you to Jason and Devise, who handled the main part of the negotiations, as well!

Edited by RomanesEuntDomus

Good, already looking forward to getting you back in a few seasons then :D

Then I'll have to prepare my contract money to secure a page in the VHL mag in advance of my next "decision" aka The first decision I've ever actually had to make.

Edited by YEAH!

You should save enough money to just buy a whole edition of the mag imho.

Well apparently I've got $13 Mill so I think I have enough already for at least a double spread and cover.

If we assume that s40 is going to be deeper than s41, the 2nd plus 4 years of encarnacion are going to be enough to balance out a late s41 1st. Giygas for 2 years could be helpful as well, not going to win a cup or anything this year (so shetler is kind of a waste but they wanted to give him) but who knows next year, with nykvist up, another year of tpe for me, boychuk, yamazaki, stark. Basically this makes s40-42 my target while still having the 2nds to work with and maybe fa. Even if victor doesn't like the deal I think its decent. On my phone now but accept

• Admin

True, but we know S40 is deep, so the best S41 is likely to do it equal it

I guess. I would be on board with your logic fully if it wasn't a New York 2nd you were acquiring. The draft's deep, but that's still slim pickings at 19th-20th. Unless Jamie Shetler leads you to victory of course.

I might be more disappointed by the fact Cologne is now less likely to steal Vasteras' playoff spot.

I guess. I would be on board with your logic fully if it wasn't a New York 2nd you were acquiring. The draft's deep, but that's still slim pickings at 19th-20th. Unless Jamie Shetler leads you to victory of course.

I might be more disappointed by the fact Cologne is now less likely to steal Vasteras' playoff spot.

This draft is actually tremendously strong in the late 2nd, which made it pretty tough for me to give that pick up. Depending on how recruitment for S41 goes a late 2nd in this draft could easily be worth as much as Colognes 2nd in S41.

Yeah I'm not super happy with which particular S40 2nd, but we'll see on that end.