Answer 3, Ask 3

McWolf

1. Who do you think is going to go first overall in the VHL draft? If 1st pick needs a goalie, Roger eagles is a no Brainer. 

2. What do you think should be the new for the new team in Utah (Utah Hockey Club is the current name)? 

The Utah venom! 

3. Do you follow any other sports besides hockey? If so, which is your favorite? 

Hockey is my number 1,2,3.  I also follow basketball and baseball a little. 

1. Have you ever played ball hockey ? 

2. What nhl team wins the cup In 2025 ? 

3. The moscow menace just won the cup. Can the 2 peat ? Why or why not? 

Have you ever played ball hockey ? 

yes 

2. What nhl team wins the cup In 2025 ?

Nashville 

3. The moscow menace just won the cup. Can the 2 peat ? Why or why not?

This question is harder for me because I’m new and I don’t know 

1. If you were in the NBA What are your  position?

2. Favourite Artist/ musician?

3.  If you are a GM one of NHL teams which teams?

edit - oh wow I opened this thread, went away for a bit, came back and a bunch of people answered first, let me redo my answers

1. If you were in the NBA What are your  position?

2. Favourite Artist/ musician?

3.  If you are a GM one of NHL teams which teams?

1) Probably a point guard, I enjoy the playmaking aspect

2) I don't know if they're actually my favourite but first thing that comes to mind is Evanescence, specifically Amy Lee

3) If I could pick any of them, would have to say my hometown Jets

-----

1) Which VHL non-playoff team(s) do you think are ready to compete for a playoff spot next season?

2) Who is someone you have never played with on a VHL, VHLM, or VHLE team that you would love to get the chance to be teammates with?

3) What got you into following hockey? (if you don't follow hockey IRL, then instead, what got you into the VHL?)

Edited by tcookie

1) Which VHL non-playoff team(s) do you think are ready to compete for a playoff spot next season?

Probably Davos or Calgary. I think Davos has some solid pieces and some teams in EU will rebuild and CGY was close to making playoffs.

2) Who is someone you have never played with on a VHL, VHLM, or VHLE team that you would love to get the chance to be teammates with?
I'm sure there are plenty of people here but I'm drawing blanks. Looking at GMs I don't think I have played with jacobcarson so maybe him since I like the articles he does.

3) What got you into following hockey? (if you don't follow hockey IRL, then instead, what got you into the VHL?)

My parents signed me up to play as a child and I ended up being decent at it!

-----

1) Do you have a favourite part of the offseason (draft, FA, training camp, etc)?

2) How do you feel about regression in the VHL? Too harsh, just right, not harsh enough?

3) What is your favourite thing to BBQ in the summer?

20 hours ago, Velevra said:

1) Do you have a favourite part of the offseason (draft, FA, training camp, etc)?

2) How do you feel about regression in the VHL? Too harsh, just right, not harsh enough?

3) What is your favourite thing to BBQ in the summer?

Answers

1. I think as a GM, my favorite part of the off-season is the time leading up to the draft. So many trades happen and it's absolute chaos.

2. I feel like it's quite fine, especially since it's percentages and not flat out set numbers.

3. My favorite thing to BBQ in the summer is probably chicken. I'm not very good at BBQ, but it tastes fire.

Questions

1. Which team in the VHL do you think has improved the most so far this off-season and why?

2. What is your biggest fear and why?

3. Who do you think is going to win the Calder trophy (Rookie of the Year) in the NHL and why?

1) Not really sure, I’ve mostly lost track of the VHL and who’s good and which moves are made etc. I’ve seen Calgary has the first and second overall so I’ll say them after adding two massive talents there 

2) my biggest fear is probably failure, I’ve always struggled with it a lot 

3) I’m a delusional Habs fan so i’ll say Lane Hutson 

Questions 

1) which team that you haven’t played for would you want to play for one day ?

2) If you could create a team, in which league would you put them, what would you call them and where would they play ? 

3)  Which random nhl player do you love for no reason? ( we all have random mid nhl

player that we support somehow )

4 hours ago, vincentlg2007 said:

1) which team that you haven’t played for would you want to play for one day ?

2) If you could create a team, in which league would you put them, what would you call them and where would they play ? 

3)  Which random nhl player do you love for no reason? ( we all have random mid nhl

player that we support somehow )

1 - Probably Davos.  Always dug the logo and color scheme

2 - In the VHL obviously.  I'd call them the Montreal Royals and they would play on a frozen pond on the mountain.

3 - I like Robert Thomas, idk why really.  He goes about his business unnoticed.

QUESTIONS:

1 - Which NHL player do you love hating on and why?

2 - Which VHL player do you love hating on and why?

3 - Of your entire VHL membership and career(s), which team has been the biggest thorn in your side?  What did they do to you and your team to get that chip on your shoulder?

16 hours ago, mattyIceman said:

QUESTIONS:

1 - Which NHL player do you love hating on and why?

2 - Which VHL player do you love hating on and why?

3 - Of your entire VHL membership and career(s), which team has been the biggest thorn in your side?  What did they do to you and your team to get that chip on your shoulder?

1 - Cal Peterson because he forced his way out of the Sabres prospect pool, signed a massive deal, and shit all over himself.

2 - Nobody comes to mind. I try to be nice.

3 - Oh god I have no idea. I've played for 2/3 of the squads.

Q1 - What's been the best part of July for you?

Q2 - Do you have a plan for your next player already?

Q3 - What are your three favorite "national" food types {Japanese, Thai, Greek, etc}?

11 hours ago, der meister said:

Q1 - What's been the best part of July for you?

Q2 - Do you have a plan for your next player already?

Q3 - What are your three favorite "national" food types {Japanese, Thai, Greek, etc}?

A1. Not much going on for me in July to be honest. So probably the music fest I was at last weekend - Rotten Fest.

A2. Of course! He's gonna be an undersized sniper winger with the best hands in the league. I have to wait 2 years to start his career tho, my current player is S96 draft class.

A3. That's tough. Indonesia and Hungary are definitely up there. I love most of South East Asia cuisines, I'm just gonna randomly pick Vietnam as the 3rd one.

Q1. My brain can't work when it's this hot, let's talk about cold stuff. What's your favourite ice cream flavour? Do you have a favourite ice cream vendor?

Q2. The Summer Olympics have just started, so...do you prefer ice skating, snowboarding, or skiing?

Q3. Is your player a part of any offseason event, like ProAm, JST, WC/WJC, draft? How are they doing, or how are you expecting them to do?

15 hours ago, VattghernCZ said:

A1. Not much going on for me in July to be honest. So probably the music fest I was at last weekend - Rotten Fest.

A2. Of course! He's gonna be an undersized sniper winger with the best hands in the league. I have to wait 2 years to start his career tho, my current player is S96 draft class.

A3. That's tough. Indonesia and Hungary are definitely up there. I love most of South East Asia cuisines, I'm just gonna randomly pick Vietnam as the 3rd one.

Q1. My brain can't work when it's this hot, let's talk about cold stuff. What's your favourite ice cream flavour? Do you have a favourite ice cream vendor?

Q2. The Summer Olympics have just started, so...do you prefer ice skating, snowboarding, or skiing?

Q3. Is your player a part of any offseason event, like ProAm, JST, WC/WJC, draft? How are they doing, or how are you expecting them to do?

1. My favourite ice cream flavour would absolutely have to be mint chocolate chip. No question about it. That is the best ice cream flavour ever , do not at me.

2. It would have to be ice skating because I suck at snowboarding the times I've tried it and skiing is something I wanna try out but... can't beat out a good ol skate around a rink.

3. ProAm: Petrenko and Crimson (my two former forwards) fought each other to a draw first day and are doing well (as of 6 GP, Petrenko leads the tourney in points. Tuominen is in ProAm and WC... and is mid in both. I hope Tuominen does better but... he kinda mid rn.

1. If the VHL hosted an outdoor beachside roller hockey Pro Beach Hockey style tournament, would your player participate and if so, how long would they last before the heat gets to them?

2. If your player could purchase any car, which car would they want to purchase the most?

3. On a scale of 1 to 10 how good is your player's parking? 1 being perpendicular to the parking spot and 10 being centered to perfection.

ANSWERS!

1. If the VHL hosted an outdoor beachside roller hockey Pro Beach Hockey style tournament, would your player participate and if so, how long would they last before the heat gets to them?

100% and he would do just fine as he is from Latvia, where we half of the country's boarder is beach, so summer heat on the beach is not alien to him!

2. If your player could purchase any car, which car would they want to purchase the most?

It either has to be some oldschool classic like 60's or 70's Mustang or on an Audi RS6 Coupe.

3. On a scale of 1 to 10 how good is your player's parking? 1 being perpendicular to the parking spot and 10 being centered to perfection.

8, no questions there!

QUESTIONS!

1. What grapes does your player likes more? Green or Red?

2. What apples does your player likes more? Green or Red?

3. What is the right way to eat a kiwi - by skinning it and eating the inside or eating it with the skin?

3 hours ago, Mr Bohannan said:

QUESTIONS!

1. What grapes does your player likes more? Green or Red?

2. What apples does your player likes more? Green or Red?

3. What is the right way to eat a kiwi - by skinning it and eating the inside or eating it with the skin?

1. Green grapes for sure.

2. Red apples, specifically honeycrisp.

3. Eat the whole thing. It's the easiest way.

1. What expectations do you have for your player next season?

2. Who, in your opinion, is the best player in the VHL right now?

3. What is your favorite movie?

11 hours ago, scoop said:

1. Green grapes for sure.

2. Red apples, specifically honeycrisp.

3. Eat the whole thing. It's the easiest way.

1. What expectations do you have for your player next season?

2. Who, in your opinion, is the best player in the VHL right now?

3. What is your favorite movie?

Answers:

1. My player just switched positions so I'm hoping the switch will help see some on improvements on how they have been playing recently. I've got high expectations so hopefully things pan out. 

2. Oh man unfortunately I haven't been paying too much attention to the VHL lately, too much stuff happening. Jimi Jake according to the stats had 131 points last season so he is looking like the best player at the moment. 

3. Lord of the Rings. Technically not a single movie but the trilogy is hard to beat. Rewatching it, it still looks awesome. 

Questions:

1. Is there another player whose career you've been interested in following in the VHL?

2. Do you play hockey out in the real world?

3. What is your favourite snack?

4 hours ago, Subject056 said:

Answers:

1. My player just switched positions so I'm hoping the switch will help see some on improvements on how they have been playing recently. I've got high expectations so hopefully things pan out. 

2. Oh man unfortunately I haven't been paying too much attention to the VHL lately, too much stuff happening. Jimi Jake according to the stats had 131 points last season so he is looking like the best player at the moment. 

3. Lord of the Rings. Technically not a single movie but the trilogy is hard to beat. Rewatching it, it still looks awesome. 

Questions:

1. Is there another player whose career you've been interested in following in the VHL?

2. Do you play hockey out in the real world?

3. What is your favourite snack?

1. Not really. I'm just focused on my own player.

2. No. I don't play sports besides bowling.

3. I love nutter butters. I could down a whole bag of them.

1. Do you think there will be any surprises in the VHL draft?

2. In your draft class, where do you think your player would be re-drafted to?

3. Who are you rooting for at the olympics this year?

7 hours ago, youloser1337 said:

1. Not really. I'm just focused on my own player.

2. No. I don't play sports besides bowling.

3. I love nutter butters. I could down a whole bag of them.

1. Do you think there will be any surprises in the VHL draft?

2. In your draft class, where do you think your player would be re-drafted to?

3. Who are you rooting for at the olympics this year?

1. There always are but I have no idea honestly what we may see.  Every GM has their favourites and sometimes that doesn't line up with public opinion.

2. I think 1, mainly cause he's worked well for Malmo but Machado has had a heluva career in his own right.

3. Canada, just since they are my home country.

--

1. Favourite Summer Olympic Sport to watch?

2. What nationality do you think your next player will be? A common one or something obscure?

3. Give a shoutout to one player from this upcoming VHL Draft!

2 hours ago, Advantage said:

1. Favourite Summer Olympic Sport to watch?

2. What nationality do you think your next player will be? A common one or something obscure?

3. Give a shoutout to one player from this upcoming VHL Draft!

1. Goalball in the Paralympics is my favourite

2. I think I might go Fiji but not sure

3. Whoever gets picked 5th overall will be a future HOFer

Q1) What would be your one suggestion to the BOG to improve the league 

Q2) If you were allowed to make one change to the league to make it worse what would it be

Q3) If your player had to do a sport in the summer olympics what would it be and why

Controversial but my suggestion would be to remove Graphic as a 6pt task (while some are excellent, there is also a lot of low effort ones). Media posts and Podcasts should stay and maybe come up with something else for 6pt.

Q2) If you were allowed to make one change to the league to make it worse what would it be

Have AI take over as managers of every team! Lets see how they do lines, strats and drafts!

Q3) If your player had to do a sport in the summer olympics what would it be and why

Soccer, play in real life and I believe my fictional VHL player would also play!

-----------------------------

Q1) Draft Hype! Will you be watching the VHL Draft?

Q2) Which VHL team do you think will be the most significantly improved after the draft ends?

Q3) Would you want $1,000,000 now or $.50 for every second that you spend without the internet? (once you log back into the internet, the countdown stops and will not resume)

12 hours ago, Greg_Di said:

Controversial but my suggestion would be to remove Graphic as a 6pt task (while some are excellent, there is also a lot of low effort ones). Media posts and Podcasts should stay and maybe come up with something else for 6pt.

Have AI take over as managers of every team! Lets see how they do lines, strats and drafts!

Soccer, play in real life and I believe my fictional VHL player would also play!

-----------------------------

Q1) Draft Hype! Will you be watching the VHL Draft?

Q2) Which VHL team do you think will be the most significantly improved after the draft ends?

Q3) Would you want $1,000,000 now or $.50 for every second that you spend without the internet? (once you log back into the internet, the countdown stops and will not resume)

1. Honestly, sadly not. I just sadly worked till late that night.

2. Calgary seems like the most improved given they had the top two picks.

3. Really interesting question.  A million right now would set me up to be comfortable in life.  I'd still be working but I could pay off all my debt, put down a big first payment for a house, buy a new car and still put at least 200k or so away in savings/college money for our little one (4 weeks away!)...with that being said, I really wouldn't have that hard of a time breaking from the internet for a little bit. .50 for every second means you would be making $43,200 per day.  This means I would have to go 23 days without the internet to essentially make that million.  So yeah, I would probably just go travel for a while or lay low and see some family (I don't need GPS or phones to know where im going there).  Maybe do it for like 2-3 months and make an extra couple million in the process.  Fun question and my stoned brain is entertaining it.

---

1. What are your honest thoughts about what the league could be doing better?

2. Which player do you think will be a big steal coming out of the S95 draft?

3. Which Summer Olympic event would your player excel at?

Edited by Advantage

1. What are your honest thoughts about what the league could be doing better?

I don’t know honestly because I’m new in VHL 

2. Which player do you think will be a big steal coming out of the S95 draft?

TIJ Davies 

3. Which Summer Olympic event would your player excel at?

Basketball

1. which summer Olympic Games are you excited about 

2. Who you think will win VHL this season 

3. Do you know para ice hockey 

1. which summer Olympic Games are you excited about ?

I feel bad.  Honestly nothing.  I totally prefer winter Olympics.  

2. Who you think will win VHL this season ?

Davos 4 seasons in a row incoming 

3. Do you know para ice hockey ?

I know of it and I have watched it. Kind of impressive the things they can do. 

Ask

1.  Have you gotten a dark tan this summer ? 

2.  Chinese food or pizza and wings? 

3.  VHL draft just occurred, what team got the biggest steal ? 

On 7/30/2024 at 9:14 PM, Jubis said:

1.  Have you gotten a dark tan this summer ? 

2.  Chinese food or pizza and wings? 

3.  VHL draft just occurred, what team got the biggest steal ? 

1) I have not.

2) They're both good but definitely lean towards pizza and wings.

3) I think either Tim Robinson (Riga) or Ozzy Batty (Moscow)

---

1) Who do you think is the early favourite to win the Continental Cup in S95?

2) Who's your early favourite to be the first overall pick in the S96 VHL draft?

3) What's one thing you want to do before the end of summer?

1.  Who do you think early favourite to win the continental cup in S96?

I don’t know because I’m new to this 

2. Who  your early favourite to to be the first overall pick in S96 VHL Draft 

I don’t really know because it’s hard track everything in VHL

3. What one thing to do before the end of summer?

More workouts 

1. who you got in first overall this season WHLM Draft?

2. who county you got in the Olympic summer games 

3.  Favourite angry bird 

I would not know as I did not follow the previous season of VHL, so don't even know how the teams look like on paper.

2) Who's your early favourite to be the first overall pick in the S96 VHL draft?

Again, not my domain, doesn't really affect me, so not an information that I would know.

Score my first goal in VHL!

QUESTIONS:

1: What song, that isn't already, would be a good celebration song after a goal?

2: With Nachos, which 2 out of these three dips would you choose - Cheese, Salsa, Sour Cream?

3: If you could be drafted to any of the past seasons, which one would you want to be drafted in?

8 hours ago, Mr Bohannan said:

I would not know as I did not follow the previous season of VHL, so don't even know how the teams look like on paper.

Again, not my domain, doesn't really affect me, so not an information that I would know.

Score my first goal in VHL!

QUESTIONS:

1: What song, that isn't already, would be a good celebration song after a goal?

2: With Nachos, which 2 out of these three dips would you choose - Cheese, Salsa, Sour Cream?

3: If you could be drafted to any of the past seasons, which one would you want to be drafted in?

Answers:

1. That is tough one! Lots of good songs out there. I can't think of crazy good one off the top of my head but I'll go with BOOM by POD for now. I feel like the chorus would be good for a celebration. 

2. Cheese and salsa all the way! Sour cream I could take it or leave it kind of deal.

3. Season 1. Would be interesting to see and be part of the first season. 

Questions:

1. Do you want to consistently be drafted to the same teams you had before when playing a new player?

2. Which team logo in any of the leagues are your favorite and why?

3. What is your go to beverage? 

15 hours ago, Subject056 said:

Questions:

1. Do you want to consistently be drafted to the same teams you had before when playing a new player?

2. Which team logo in any of the leagues are your favorite and why?

3. What is your go to beverage?

1. I wouldn't say that it's necessarily something I want, but I certainly did not mind coming back to Malmo with my current player after having been drafted by them previously. Over 75% of my 4656 career VHL games have been with just four teams. There was definitely a time where I would have liked to go to New York with every player of mine. I don't really feel the same connection to New York that I used to, but I also do not have the same connection to Malmo that I previously had with New York, even after playing 1.5 careers with the Nighthawks. So these days, I would say no, I don't want to consistently be drafted to the same teams, but I'm not opposed to it. Actually, to be honest, going back to New York does really appeal to me. I want to see them winning again.

2. Not biased at all, I'm going to have to go with the Nighthawks.

3. With most meals, milk. Sometimes orange juice. Throughout the day, water.

1. What has been your favorite team that you have played for?

2. Who is a player not on your team that you would like to play with?

3. Do you have any vacations planned for the near future?