Answer 3, Ask 3

McWolf

1. In some weird way I think Davos/NY have potential to form a rivalry. They're franchises that were both legendary back in the day, had a long period of irrelevance, and in recent seasons have come somewhat back to relevance. They should form a rivalry just to see who forms a dynasty next between the two of them -- even if its dozens of seasons from now.

2. I... don't know what this means as someone who, after a decade of sim hockey, still does not know anything about hockey.

3. I'm definitely going to prank @samx and it's going to involve dino nuggets in some way shape or form.

---------

1. Your player gets an offer to play on the top line for their nation/national region. What do they say, and why?

2. For vets, who was/is your most successful player? For first gens, are you going to go the full 8-9 seasons or are you planning on retiring before all of the regression has set in?

3. If you could play a career either a) at the same length with 1% regression instead of the current regression starting with the sixth season  or b) with a couple of additional seasons (ie 11 total), but all of them have half of the normal regression starting with your sixth, which would you choose?

On 4/9/2024 at 10:03 PM, Girts said:

Questions: 

1. What 2 teams would you like to see play in this year's Stanley Cup Finals if you could choose any two teams in league? 

2. How is your player doing this season in the VHL/E/M? 

3. What are you looking forward to about spring? 

1. I'd love for the Leafs to make it that far and for them to play Edmonton or Winnipeg. It's been too long since a Canadian team has won.

2. I've only played 22 games, but they are doing well. I've been looking at the points put up by other players and it really motivates me to earn TPE.

3. Better weather. I'm a not to hot, not too cold kind of guy, so spring is where I like to be.

1. What do you enjoy most about your team's locker room discord?

2. What do you think is the most important rating for all skaters/goalies?

3. Do you think Arizona's move to Salt Lake City will solve their perpetual bottom-of-the-league problems?

16 hours ago, mmrs617 said:

1. What do you enjoy most about your team's locker room discord?

2. What do you think is the most important rating for all skaters/goalies?

3. Do you think Arizona's move to Salt Lake City will solve their perpetual bottom-of-the-league problems?

1. I would say that the team is very active. It's nice to have a bunch of people talking about the games after sims.

2. I think for skaters, it's probably defense. For goalies, I don't know because I've never really created a goalie before.

3. Arizona had to move eventually. I don't think it's going to solve the problem, but it's a solution to one problem.

1. How is your player doing this season? Better or worse than you expected?

2. Who do you think is going to make the playoffs (last wild card) in the Eastern Conference for the NHL?

3. If you could play with one player in the VHL, who would it be and why?

20 hours ago, badcolethetitan said:

1. I would say that the team is very active. It's nice to have a bunch of people talking about the games after sims.

2. I think for skaters, it's probably defense. For goalies, I don't know because I've never really created a goalie before.

3. Arizona had to move eventually. I don't think it's going to solve the problem, but it's a solution to one problem.

1. How is your player doing this season? Better or worse than you expected?

2. Who do you think is going to make the playoffs (last wild card) in the Eastern Conference for the NHL?

3. If you could play with one player in the VHL, who would it be and why?

1) Honestly about the same. After my hot start I had hoped to sustain it a little better, but I figured somewhere around PPG or slightly above was a good target for this year and that's where I am.

2) Detroit

3) I've never gotten to play a season as a player with @Ricer13 and still would like to get to do that at some point, just because of the fond memories of the season I joined the league in Miami with him as GM. One of these days!

---

1) Who do you think is the VHL MVP so far this season? 

2) It's a playoff game 7 and your starting goalie goes down, but fortunately you can pick any other VHL starting goalie to fill in that night... who are you picking?

3) What's your favourite pre-game meal?

On 4/16/2024 at 9:10 AM, tcookie said:

1) Honestly about the same. After my hot start I had hoped to sustain it a little better, but I figured somewhere around PPG or slightly above was a good target for this year and that's where I am.

2) Detroit

3) I've never gotten to play a season as a player with @Ricer13 and still would like to get to do that at some point, just because of the fond memories of the season I joined the league in Miami with him as GM. One of these days!

---

1) Who do you think is the VHL MVP so far this season? 

2) It's a playoff game 7 and your starting goalie goes down, but fortunately you can pick any other VHL starting goalie to fill in that night... who are you picking?

3) What's your favourite pre-game meal?

1. John Jameson, he's tearing it up

2. Lachlan Summers from Warsaw

3. I'm going with a nice big bowl of Pho

1. How confident are you in your playoff bracket predictions?

2. Is your team in the playoffs this year? If not who are you rooting for?

3. What's your go to hype up song?

2 hours ago, Noodle Enjoyer said:

1. John Jameson, he's tearing it up

2. Lachlan Summers from Warsaw

3. I'm going with a nice big bowl of Pho

1. How confident are you in your playoff bracket predictions?

2. Is your team in the playoffs this year? If not who are you rooting for?

3. What's your go to hype up song?

1. For VHL not so much and for the NHL not so much as well.

2. NHL no, I’m a Blackhawks fan so no! And VHL Warsaw should be in so let’s go!

3. Energy Drake.

1. What is your go to meal?

2. What do you think the most important hockey thing is, examples would be speed, shooting etc

3. Who do you think takes the Stanley cup home this year?

• Commissioner
1 hour ago, Kisslinger said:

I am a simple man: give me pizza and I am happy. Like yes, I enjoy fancier things for sure but also love the simple pleasure of a good pizza slice. Bonus points of it comes with Garlic Fingers which are apparently an Atlantic Canadian thing; other places need garlic fingers.

2. What do you think the most important hockey thing is, examples would be speed, shooting etc

Assuming you mean the VHL it's 110% scoring but if you're talking IRL that's a lot harder as I've never actually played anything but like backyard type shit. Probably speed or puck handling in today's game I would reckon.

I honestly don't know. I think in fantasy zone I predicted the rangers but I only paid attention right at the end of the season so I really don't have a good vibe on how the league is laid out currently. Would be great to see a Canadian victory seeing as it's been 20 years I think we have 4 teams in this year? Can't see it happening though.

--------------------

1. VHL playoffs should be starting very soon if I'm not mistaken; who's taking home the Continental Cup?

2. What is your hottest food take? IE pineapple belongs on pizza (incorrect) type of thing.

3. Say the VHL expands tomorrow (it's not) what cities (1 NA, 1 EU) should get new teams?

2 hours ago, Beketov said:

1. VHL playoffs should be starting very soon if I'm not mistaken; who's taking home the Continental Cup?

Pshaw, it's gotta be Prague. Not biased at all.

2. What is your hottest food take? IE pineapple belongs on pizza (incorrect) type of thing.

I'm a pretty boring guy when it comes to controversial takes. I think that soapy cilantro stuff tastes terrible though.

3. Say the VHL expands tomorrow (it's not) what cities (1 NA, 1 EU) should get new teams?

My guess is some random Texas city would end up getting a VHL team, so let's say Dallas I guess. I'd also want to think about maybe Orlando or Miami, Philly (for the VHL in particular, I know the VHLM team exists), or Boston. For the EU I think there are a ton of different countries - would love to see a Germany-based team and would also like the Bern Royals to make a comeback.

-------

1. What team would you recommend an impressionable, NHL-naive future fan root for? And if you name your hometown or personally-preferred team, what would be your second choice?

2. Who's your favorite VHL member? Why?

3. If you could make one fundamental change to the hockey rules, what would it be?

7 hours ago, Beketov said:

Would be great to see a Canadian victory seeing as it's been 20 years

oh sweet summer child, it's been 31 years since the Habs won the cup as the last Canadian franchise... ;)

• Commissioner
20 minutes ago, Daniel Janser said:

oh sweet summer child, it's been 31 years since the Habs won the cup as the last Canadian franchise... ;)

It was late, I was in a rush, I counted wrong.

Also I’m fucking old.

5 hours ago, Renomitsu said:

I think that soapy cilantro stuff tastes terrible though.

Fun fact that you probably already know: that’s a genetic thing. Some people have a gene that makes it taste like soap and others don’t.

17 hours ago, Renomitsu said:

1. What team would you recommend an impressionable, NHL-naive future fan root for? And if you name your hometown or personally-preferred team, what would be your second choice?

2. Who's your favorite VHL member? Why?

3. If you could make one fundamental change to the hockey rules, what would it be?

1. I think you would probably have to go Seattle or Coyotes, new team and new fan base you can have an identity with the team and be apart of the teams history

2. I would have to say I have a top three and they are @Banackock & @Gustav  & @dasboot. Bana as I have spent some time with him IRL and had some good chats since he drafted me in S67, Boot for similar reasons as well as our hour long podcasts we would do almost every week. Gustav as have always had some contact with him since joining his team in S66 as well as trying to create a sim league together

3. Two point goal if you score from behind the blue line

Q1. Which VHL member would you like to see come back

Q2. What is your least favourite point task that you do each week

Q3. If all the blues were to step down at once who should replace them to keep the sim league running

19 hours ago, Renomitsu said:

I think that soapy cilantro stuff tastes terrible though.

I absolutely hate cilantro and get made fun of by lots of people I know from places where it’s very central to cooking. I can’t help what it tastes like to me 😕

On 4/21/2024 at 6:20 PM, Kisslinger said:

1. For VHL not so much and for the NHL not so much as well.

2. NHL no, I’m a Blackhawks fan so no! And VHL Warsaw should be in so let’s go!

3. Energy Drake.

1. Im a basic person so a good chicken strips and fries go a long way

2. I would say hockey smarts, if you don't have smarts and a good offensive mind you wont be a good player.

3. I have the rangers winning it but I am rooting for any canadian team

1. Who do you have winning the hart in the NHL?

2. What time is your usual wake up time

3. Which hockey brand is your favorite.

• Commissioner
On 4/23/2024 at 10:47 AM, jesse115 said:

1. Who do you have winning the hart in the NHL?

I honestly didn't pay that much attention to the NHL this season so it's definitely a guess but I would wager any of the usual suspects lately. Matthews, McDavid, Mackinnon, take your pick really.

2. What time is your usual wake up time

Painfully enough it's 5:30am. My wife works for a UK company despite us living in Canada which means her work day starts at 7am. So since we need time to get us both ready and get the kids ready for daycare dropoff we need to be up really early.

3. Which hockey brand is your favorite.

I assume you mean what team? If so that would be the Red Wings. I started watching hockey in the early 2000's so you can imagine the kind of teams I started to see from the wings making them really tempting to follow for me haha.

------------------

1. Is it funny or horrifying for you that the Leafs are likely to be out in round 1 again? Everyone is one of the two.

2. Who is your favourite VHL Member?

3. How huge do you think the S100 draft is going to be?

1 hour ago, Beketov said:

I honestly didn't pay that much attention to the NHL this season so it's definitely a guess but I would wager any of the usual suspects lately. Matthews, McDavid, Mackinnon, take your pick really.

Painfully enough it's 5:30am. My wife works for a UK company despite us living in Canada which means her work day starts at 7am. So since we need time to get us both ready and get the kids ready for daycare dropoff we need to be up really early.

I assume you mean what team? If so that would be the Red Wings. I started watching hockey in the early 2000's so you can imagine the kind of teams I started to see from the wings making them really tempting to follow for me haha.

------------------

1. Is it funny or horrifying for you that the Leafs are likely to be out in round 1 again? Everyone is one of the two.

2. Who is your favourite VHL Member?

3. How huge do you think the S100 draft is going to be?

1. Not even a leafs fan but surrounded by them so it's horrifying. I feel bad that it happens almost every year except last lol. 

2. I like a few for sure, some that come to mind are Bana, Dlamb, N0, spartan and Crstats!

3. I think it will be massive as people will retire to be drafted into that draft especially. It will be a deep draft where GM's will rejoice ahaha

1. Any players surprise you in the VHL this season with their performances? 

2. If you had to relocate one NHL team to anywhere what team would it be and why? (not Utah/Arizona)

3. If you could recruit anyone to the VHL who would it be and why?

1. Any players surprise you in the VHL this season with their performances? 

2. If you had to relocate one NHL team to anywhere what team would it be and why? (not Utah/Arizona)

3. If you could recruit anyone to the VHL who would it be and why?

Answers

1. I think watching Fuuka Rask’s performance after he was traded was incredible! I already knew he was a great goalie- but he went into next gear once he arrived in Seattle.

2. If we are talking about the Coyotes, it’s tough to see them go anywhere else.. but for the sake of answering this; I’d personally like to see another Canadian team so let’s say somewhere out Easy like Nova Scotia 😂 

3. I’d try to recruit another hockey YouTuber like Steve Dangle- dude has a massive out reach and he’s got a whole podcast team that could join him as well. It could probably make the VHL explode but I don’t see the likelihood of it happening.

Questions

1. If you made the playoffs; are you happy with how your team and your player are doing so far? (If you didn’t; what are your early off-season plans?)

2. If you were just granted access to teleport any point in time, but for only 5 minutes, where would you go?

3. What is your fave song right now and would you be able to use it as your VHL player’s goal anthem?

1 minute ago, DarkSpyro said:

Questions

1. If you made the playoffs; are you happy with how your team and your player are doing so far? (If you didn’t; what are your early off-season plans?)

2. If you were just granted access to teleport any point in time, but for only 5 minutes, where would you go?

3. What is your fave song right now and would you be able to use it as your VHL player’s goal anthem?

1. No. Down 0-2 to start the series, just like last season when we also won the Victory Cup and then went on to get swept. Dreading another sweep right now.

2. I'm going to answer this question as if the rule is that I'm merely an observer for five minutes, and cannot interact in any way. I'm going to say I'll go ahead like 10 years to see where my life is at. That way if I don't like what I see, maybe I can try to do things differently to avoid what I see. But that raises the question; is what I see inevitable? Is this a That's So Raven situation where, try as I might, whatever I see will come true? Damn, thinking about this as me re-thinking how I should live my life, because now I'm thinking what type of life could I see and think "I can't let this come true" and what am I really doing right now to avoid that? But also maybe five minutes of viewing isn't enough to determine what type of life I have.

3. Last Time You'll See Me by Taylor Blackwell. I see no reason why it couldn't be used as a goal anthem. I don't know that it necessarily fits as one, but assuming usage rights could be obtained, anything could be, right?

1. What do you think are the easiest awards to predict?

2. Who is a player that you believe underperformed this season?

3. If you from 10 years ago observed your current life for a week, do you think they would be pleased with how things are going?

1. Usually something like the Boulet is limited to a select few players on 1) a good team and 2) with really high checking, so you can play the odds a little better. Doesn't mean it's perfect, just comparatively easier.

2. I'm not in the business of calling other players out. But that Spanish Moon Moth guy? Yeah, should've played better.

3. Yes and no. Not pleased that I'm not in a long-term relationship, but very pleased with my professional accomplishments to date.

------------

1. The NHL playoffs are under (I think). Who are you rooting for, and who do you think is going to win?

2. If you're in Canada, which USA state would you want to live in? If you're from the USA, what Canadian province would you want to live in? If from Europe, what other EU country would you want to live in -- and if you're from any other continent, what other country within your continent would you want to live in and why?

3. The offseason is a relatively lower-energy time in the VHL. What's one change you would make to the offseason (even if just for one offseason)?