Houston Bulls Press Conference

mattyIceman

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

Hello and welcome fellow Bulls to this weeks presser!  I am hoping to get to know you and your players and what your thoughts are on the season as we go!  Be sure to give me more than couple word answers as I love to read and also to appease our updater overlords!

Answer three questions for 1 capped TPE or all six for 2 capped TPE!
For the Week Ending Apr 30th, here are your questions!

1.  What do you think about our newly announced captain and assistants?

2.  Are you worried about our current place in the standings?

3.  Who do you think your player would play best with on the team?

4.  Will you be looking to become an AGM or GM in the future?  Maybe other VHL jobs?

5.  Is there anything about the VHL you would like to change?

6.  Are you a fan of camping?  Why or why not?

Thank you to everyone who participate in these pressers!  I always appreciated reading your answers!

Let's Go Bulls!

4 hours ago, Triller said:

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

Hello and welcome fellow Bulls to this weeks presser!  I am hoping to get to know you and your players and what your thoughts are on the season as we go!  Be sure to give me more than couple word answers as I love to read and also to appease our updater overlords!

4.  Will you be looking to become an AGM or GM in the future?  Maybe other VHL jobs?

Thank you to everyone who participate in these pressers!  I always appreciated reading your answers!

Let's Go Bulls!

1. All very well-deserved, all vital to the team.

2. I wouldn't say I'm worried but there's more work to be done.

3. Krishna, lots of assists between those two 

4. Probably not at this point in time, no

5. Not really, no. It's fun for everyone, whether you want to be more committed or be more casual with it. I've been in a handful of sim leagues and after burning out and quitting them for awhile, this is the only one I considered coming back to and I'm glad I did.

6. Yes, I love camping. I grew up in a fairly remote area so I've always enjoyed outdoorsy things like camping.

On 4/23/2023 at 11:37 AM, Triller said:

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

1.  Grade A choices! No better picks could have been made and they deserve it. They put in the effort and they earned it!

2. Not even in the slightest. Our players are just getting better and better and were figuring it out. 

3. Probably be some magic with Viktor Jensen. Both of us are shot machines

4. Not at all. My life is wayyyyy to busy to even think about it

5.  The word requirements can be a lot so i wouldnt mind it if they tuned it down a little

6.  I love camping. We’ve always had a camper growing up and every weekend we’d be out in the middle of nowhere. To this day its my favorite place to be

Let's Go Bulls!

On 4/24/2023 at 3:37 AM, Triller said:

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

Let's Go Bulls!

1) Congrats to the leadership core, first of all! I've only been here for really less than a week, but all of the players announced have been pretty present in the discord locker room, and I can see on the stat sheets why they're leading our team. I'm excited to learn from them and hopefully see them light it up on the score sheets like they have been.

2) Not really, especially after the sims that just passed. We're looking solid, and I think that the regular season doesn't really dictate much come playoff time (hopefully). Look at the S85 Reapers, prime example that it's all up to the Sim Gods.

3) Weiss gets a lot of time with both of the other D-Men on the team, so it's hard to stray from his regular partner in Zubrus. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

4) I could see going into the AGM/GM field when I get a bit more experience in the league. AJ and Triller have been a huge help in figuring out what's going on around here, so I'd like to 'pay it forward' almost.

5) Not really, it seems to be working out pretty well for me so far, so I can't really find anything to complain about.

6) Not a big fan of camping, personally. I'm pretty sure I've got that blood type that mosquitos adore, so being outside at night is a pain. I also like sleeping in my own bed too much to give it up extensively.

On 4/23/2023 at 1:37 PM, Triller said:

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

1.  Good choices if I do say so myself.  Solid leadership core 100%

2.  Not really.  I'm not super surprised but I do think we are trending in the right direction.

3.  Uh, i'll cheap out here and just say Jensen likes playing with everyone.  So far, Tzesar has been someone that does a lot Victor doesn't do, so he'd say him.

4.  No, I don't think so. Been there and done that.

5.  No not really at this point.  

6.  Yeah I enjoy it.  There's a lot of bugs but otherwise i've camped a lot of my life.

Let's Go Bulls!

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

For the Week Ending May 7th, here are your questions!

1.  We made a trade!  F - Nick ShaunYoungca for D - Eurydyka Sklodowska Dudzinska. Do you think we made a good move?

2.  Do you think we should make more moves before the deadline?

3.  What did you think of the Retro Theme Week this season?

4.  After hanging out in the LR for awhile now, anything you want to see changed or added?

5.  With Summer coming for most of us, do you expect your TPE production to drop?

6.  I have a friend that only drinks water.  What is your favorite drink?  Alcoholic and non! 

Let's Go Bulls!

21 hours ago, Triller said:

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

1.  We made a trade!  F - Nick ShaunYoungca for D - Eurydyka Sklodowska Dudzinska. Do you think we made a good move?

4.  After hanging out in the LR for awhile now, anything you want to see changed or added?

5.  With Summer coming for most of us, do you expect your TPE production to drop?

6.  I have a friend that only drinks water.  What is your favorite drink?  Alcoholic and non! 

Let's Go Bulls!

1. Hell yeah, any moves the gm and the agm make have my support 100 %, when trying to win you do what you think will benefit the team!

2. Just try to get some more depth pieces for cheap, could get more recreates if possible!

3. I think it is a cool way to bring back legendary teams and players from the past and have these ideal matchups with the new-age teams.

4. I was in the locker room before, and I can say that already the environment has changed and that you two do a great job at leading the Bulls.

5. nah, getting a new job that is a week on a week off, tpe will get better on my end for sure!

6. I am a long island iced tea kinda guy if I order out, a good old Corona is nice too, but my favorite drink has to be poweraide  

21 hours ago, Triller said:

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

Let's Go Bulls!

1. I think  it was! I feel like it fit what we need for this upcoming playoff run.

2. with the flock of recreates coming in, and recent signing of Kisslinger, we won't be making anymore moves.

3. I didn't do it because of my VSN job but the content pumped out for theme week what mid tier lol.

4. I like it, but always open to new things.

5. Not really. I like to max earn and can find the time to do it.

6. Water for sure. Nothing better than an ice cold glass at like 2am.

23 hours ago, Triller said:

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

Let's Go Bulls!

1. Sure did.
2. I think we're good now.
3. Didn't participate, but seems like a good idea.
4. No opinion for now.
5. NOPE.
6. 7Up. Don't think i have a favorite alcoholic drink tho.

On 4/30/2023 at 2:09 PM, Triller said:

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

1. Absolutely.  Big add to our defense and much needed honestly.

2. Probably but it's tough without knowing what's really out there.  I think we are definitely worse than a couple of teams at the minimum, but it's a tight league and you never know.

3. It was ok..I feel like it's a retread but it's an easy one for a lot of people to do.  And it does have to be vague enough for anyone to contribute.

4. No not really.  It's a pretty good vibe and as a part time discorder I enjoy as is.

5. Nope nothing changes in Summer

6. Probably diet coke with a little lime juice and Malibu.

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

Let's Go Bulls!

1. I may be biased, but any move that gives us another D-man is a good move.

2. Couldn't hurt to shake things up, but I think we're solid either way.

3. It was fun to write about my old player, and even see him mentioned in someone else's media!

4. Nope, I have no problems with it.

5. No, I'll still have plenty of time for my level of production.

6. I'll never get over my Mountain Dew addiction. My go-to alcohol is gin, or just beer.

On 5/1/2023 at 4:09 AM, Triller said:

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

Let's Go Bulls!

1. With the way the D-core has been shaping up, bolstering the forces up front certainly seems like a good idea. I trust the management team to do what they believe is best for the team!

2. It could be an interesting idea to play with getting a back-up for Giguere, or even somebody to co-tandem. It'd be a good safety net come playoff time, I think.

3. Retro Theme Week was fun! It was a little difficult since the Bulls only had one logo, so I couldn't really do a graphic like I was initially planning. It was fun to write the graphic spot I did though.

4. Not really! The LR is solid, it feel like something is always happening in there and the atmosphere is super positive.

5. My TPE production gonna be at an all time high. Blessing those winter months down here is Aus!

6. Your friend is an inspiration, I subsist almost entirely off Mango Loco Monsters (Thanks, Night Shift). In terms of alcoholic drinks, probably a Jack and Coke, hard to go past it.

horns3.png

1.  We made a trade!  F - Nick ShaunYoungca for D - Eurydyka Sklodowska Dudzinska. Do you think we made a good move?

Well I'm not privy to the workings of the Houston Front Office, but if the very capable team must have thought this was an excellent decision.

2.  Do you think we should make more moves before the deadline?

Houston doesn't need to keep adjusting the roster. It's an honor to play for the Bulls and I expect the current roster to explode.

3.  What did you think of the Retro Theme Week this season?

I think it was a good theme, allowing users to reminisce and highlight past glory or aspects that they remember fondly.

4.  After hanging out in the LR for awhile now, anything you want to see changed or added?

Well I'm not in the Locker Room, so now I feel sad and disrespected!

5.  With Summer coming for most of us, do you expect your TPE production to drop?

Nope. I really don't have much of a life, so my TPE earning is incredibly consistent.

6.  I have a friend that only drinks water.  What is your favorite drink?  Alcoholic and non! 

Alcoholic is probably Bushmills/Jameson Irish Whiskey and non-alcoholic is Monster Moscow Mule(but it's not available here any more...and I'm having withdrawal issues)

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

Let's Go Bulls!

1. honestly to me yea we get good dman and i trust that the gm and agm make good moves

2. honestly its the gm decison if they want too go ahead they wont do it to make the team worse

3. honestly i didnt like it its one of the first theme weeks which i couldnt do because of how difficult of an idea couldnt come up but thats my fault really

4. nothing really i love it why change it?

5. im actually trying to get more tpe

6. water

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

For the Week Ending May 14th, here are your questions!

1.  10 games left on the regular season!  What will be our record over those last 10 games?

2.  We will be heading into the playoffs as underdogs, do you prefer this or do you like having the league target on your head?

3.  Where do you want to be drafted to and if you are drafted, are you excited to join your next team?

4.  Our very own Viktor Jensen is 7th in the league in goals, only 4 from the top spot!  Where will he be at seasons end?

5.  I have a dog, do you have any pets?  If not, do you want one?

6.  Do you exercise much?  Are you a gym rat, a runner or is your work pretty physical already?

Let's Go Bulls!

1 minute ago, Triller said:

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

1.  10 games left on the regular season!  What will be our record over those last 10 games?

2.  We will be heading into the playoffs as underdogs, do you prefer this or do you like having the league target on your head?

3.  Where do you want to be drafted to and if you are drafted, are you excited to join your next team?

4.  Our very own Viktor Jensen is 7th in the league in goals, only 4 from the top spot!  Where will he be at seasons end?

6.  Do you exercise much?  Are you a gym rat, a runner or is your work pretty physical already?

Let's Go Bulls!

1. I think our record will be 7-2-1, I think if we get hot we could win all ten!

2. I love being an underdog because it makes people respect you so much faster and more when you pull off that massive upset. It also puts us on the map for the future.

3. I do not care really what team picks me but I do want to be a first-round pick. I'm always excited and wherever I am I want to get the job done.

4. We can hope for the top 5, great accomplishment anyways so be proud! 

5. I have a Belgian Malinois named Seeka and a Shiba named Sora. My family has a pet cat named Twix as well! 

6. My work is pretty physical but I do try to get out and do things as much as possible but not a gym rat lol. 

On 4/30/2023 at 12:09 PM, Triller said:

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

1.  Only time can tell! Taking games off some big teams so I don't see any reason why its wasn't a good trade

2.  That is well above my pay grade but I got faith in our roster

3.  Didn't participate in it at all. still have no idea what it was

4.  Just wanna see more Kyle Toms flaming bulls awards

5.  I hope it doesn't but between golf season, softball season and family stuff it might vary from week to week

6.  Peach Tea! Best drink goin and mixes really well for adult beverages

Let's Go Bulls!

5 hours ago, Triller said:

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

1.  10-0 White hot stretch incoming

3.  I think I'm gonna be in the M for another season for development but if I'm drafted I don't have any preference

4.  All the way to the top. Gonna be white hot for our last 10

5.  I am allergic to everything with fur but I'd love to have a dog

6.  Not a gym guy but I'm trying to be. Main physical activity is softball and golf. Work is physical sometimes but more often its not

Let's Go Bulls!

13 hours ago, Triller said:

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

Let's Go Bulls!

1) Out of the last 10 games, we've got 2 meetings with Mexico City and Halifax, so those'll be a tough set of games. I'd reckon we end with a record of 6-2-2. Hopefully the sims prove me wrong and we go on a tear!

2) I love a good underdog story, I think it's more fun. Having the target on your head is good, but clawing your way from the basement to the top makes for a better headline.

3) Honestly, I kinda forgot the draft was upcoming. As a S89 player, I should probably be more concerned about it, but I'm also just trying to do my own thing. I've been pretty happy the whole time I've been in Houston, but I do look forward to grinding my way through the ranks.

4) Hopefully we see Jensen go on a tear in these last 10 games, I'd love to see him succeed. Hopefully he ends up #1!

5) Unfortunately I don't have any pets at the moment, but I am my friend's dog's favourite person, so I'll call that a win.

6) I don't exercise a heap, but any time me and my friends go out we end up walking around all of Sydney until we want to go home, so I guess that kinda counts.

On 5/7/2023 at 2:12 PM, Triller said:

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

Let's Go Bulls!

1. 6-4-0. We’re still figuring it out but I am confident for playoffs.

2. I like being under dogs. We had a tough schedule all season and held our own, so we’re ready for a tougher schedule these playoffs.

3. I was drafted to Seattle and love it there. Everything about it, I’ll always vouch for the Bears.

4. I’m hoping number 1!! Would be cool to see him climb up.

5. I don’t have any pets but when I get my own place and don’t live with roommates I really want to get a dog.

6. I do exercise, football mainly. I don’t really enjoy weight lifting but I do it.

On 5/7/2023 at 7:12 PM, Triller said:

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

Let's Go Bulls!

1. I would say 6-4-0.
2. I might prefer going as the underdogs, this way we can always surprise our opponents.
3. Honestly until now I didn't give much thought to that, so I'll just say, as for now, I'm pretty happy with my place here in Houston Bulls.
4. Hopefully we'll end up smashing these last few games and Viktor gets that #1 spot.
5. I have 2 cats, one is named Riki, and the other Zefa.
6. As for right now, not really, a while ago I did try to consistently exercise but unfortunately, I always struggle with consistency.

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

Let's Go Bulls!

1. Will I get cut from the team if I don't say 10-0?

2. Winning is more exciting when you're the underdog.

3. I honestly haven't started thinking about that yet. At this point I don't think any particular teams have stood out as favorites for me.

4. He'll be #1 when it's all said and done.

5. I do not currently have any pets, but I'd like to get a dog once I'm in a different living situation. 

6. My job is pretty physical so I don't work out much during my down time. 

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

Let's Go Bulls!

1. 10-0 of course

2. Doesn't matter how people rate us as long as we believe in ourselves and work hard.

3. Where I'm needed most I guess and I'll be sad to leave. This team has treated me kindly.

5. I grew up with a dog back in Montréal, but when I got drafted I had to leave him with my parents. 

6. I try to do a lot of yoga, especially as a goalie you really need to keep your hips open. It helps loosen my body up, but it's also really good for the mind too. I feel calm in net knowing I've done the best I can to take care of all the things leading up to the game to give myself the best chance possible to succeed. 

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

Let's Go Bulls!

1. 6-3-1 would be my prediction honestly.  I think we are picking up steam.

2. I mean...it's always better to be the team that has been in better form and has that hype.  I think everyone has something to lose here..we all play to win.

3. I have no preference honestly and I will be excited but will definitely miss Houston once I am gone.  It has been a nice home this year.

4. Uh...i'll say 6th.  Can't see myself being able to climb too much really.

5. 2 dogs.  One puppy that is a handful and a half. 

6. Not really.  Kinda want to get back into it tho.  Do have a recumbant bike I occasionally use.

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

Let's Go Bulls!

1. was hoping for 10-0-0

2. underdogs less pressure and more shock when we win

3. malmo or any other team

4. he will be at the gates of hall of fame if he continues this scoring into the playoffs

5. a cat who is respectfully....dumb as fuck

6. eh a bit of basketball but i should probably start working out more