Houston Bulls Press Conference

mattyIceman

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

Hello and welcome fellow Bulls to this weeks presser!  I am hoping to get to know you and your players and what your thoughts are on the season as we go!  Be sure to give me more than couple word answers as I love to read and also appease our updater overlords!

Answer three questions for 1 capped TPE or all six for 2 capped TPE!
For the Week Ending Mar 12th, here are your questions!

1.  How did you enjoy the first round of playoffs?

2.  We will face Mexico in round 2, do you think we can take them?

3.  Who's round one performance against MIS are you most impressed with from our crew?

4.  Are there any adjustments your player wants to make for round 2?

5.  If there was any other sport that could have a sim league, what sport would you want it to be?

6.  What is your favorite junk food?

Let's Go Bulls!

16 hours ago, Triller said:

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

Hello and welcome fellow Bulls to this weeks presser!  I am hoping to get to know you and your players and what your thoughts are on the season as we go!  Be sure to give me more than couple word answers as I love to read and also appease our updater overlords!

For the Week Ending Mar 12th, here are your questions!

1.  How did you enjoy the first round of playoffs?

2.  We will face Mexico in round 2, do you think we can take them?

3.  Who's round one performance against MIS are you most impressed with from our crew?

4.  Are there any adjustments your player wants to make for round 2?

5.  If there was any other sport that could have a sim league, what sport would you want it to be?

6.  What is your favorite junk food?

Let's Go Bulls!

1. Sure did, first time seeing how the playoffs go down and its been a good first round!

2. I think we have a good chance. It'll be interesting to see how the round plays out.

3. Legacy Gaming is doing really well! 

4. Just looking to keep building stats and gaining TPE.

5. Volleyball would be interesting.

6. It depends on the day or week... But feeling like ice cream now. 

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

For the Week Ending Mar 19th, here are your questions!

1.  What a season!  It didn't end the way any of us wanted it to but we had fun!  How do you feel about the season?

2.  Are you going to keep in touch with your teammates or say your goodbyes and head off into the sunset?

3.  On a scale of 1-10, how would you rate your Bulls LR experience?

4.  Are you playing in any off-season tournaments?  ProAM, JST, maybe even the World Juniors?

5.  Who on the team are you most excited to play with or against in your VHL career?

6.  What is something you wish you could do or want to learn how to do?

Thank you to everyone who participated in these pressers this season.  I always appreciated reading your answers!

Let's Go Bulls!

1 hour ago, Triller said:

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

For the Week Ending Mar 19th, here are your questions!

1.  What a season!  It didn't end the way any of us wanted it to but we had fun!  How do you feel about the season?

2.  Are you going to keep in touch with your teammates or say your goodbyes and head off into the sunset?

3.  On a scale of 1-10, how would you rate your Bulls LR experience?

4.  Are you playing in any off-season tournaments?  ProAM, JST, maybe even the World Juniors?

5.  Who on the team are you most excited to play with or against in your VHL career?

6.  What is something you wish you could do or want to learn how to do?

Thank you to everyone who participated in these pressers this season.  I always appreciated reading your answers!

Let's Go Bulls!

1. Really good! The help I received from my GMs helped me get to a place where I'm happy with and continuing to do better.

2. I'd like to keep in contact with my teammates for sure. This season we had a solid team and everyone was great to chat with.

3. I'd have to go with .... drum roll please! .... 10/10!

4. I am and am looking forward to meeting other players and seeing how the tournaments go.

5. Triller recruited me so I'm looking forward to eventually playing with or against him in the VHL unless he retires before I get there!

If I play with him it will be a good time, if not I'll crush him!

6. I wish I could speak more than one language. I just don't have the time at the moment to be able to learn any and I think it would be awesome to be able to have that knowledge when traveling. 

• 3 weeks later...

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

Hello and welcome fellow Bulls to this weeks presser!  I am hoping to get to know you and your players and what your thoughts are on the season as we go!  Be sure to give me more than couple word answers as I love to read and also to appease our updater overlords!

For the Week Ending Apr 9th, here are your questions!

1.  What do you think of the Bulls starting roster for this season?

2.  Did you play in any off-season tournaments?

3.  What stats are you most focused on for your player?

4.  Where do you think we will land in the standings this season and why?

5.  How did you come up with your player name?

6.  Where are you from?  No address required!

Let's Go Bulls!

1 hour ago, Triller said:

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

Hello and welcome fellow Bulls to this weeks presser!  I am hoping to get to know you and your players and what your thoughts are on the season as we go!  Be sure to give me more than couple word answers as I love to read and also to appease our updater overlords!

Let's Go Bulls!

1. I think it! I feel like we have a good active group and I’m excited to get to know everyone more.

2. Don’t think I did but when you GM a team your off season makes lots of stuff to be done anyways.

3. +/- right now being in my second season. I want to make sure as an underdeveloped player I’m not hurting the team.

4. Top 4 because Houston’s management team is awesome and only shoots for the best.

5. Trailer park boys was playing and Randy Bobandy came to mind lol.

6. London Ontario. Originally from North Bay but that place is greasy I had to leave.

On 4/2/2023 at 12:30 PM, Triller said:

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

Let's Go Bulls!

1. I think it looks like a pretty promising group, I'm excited to be apart of it!

2. Yes, I have been playing in the Junior Showcase Tournament. It'll be nice to be warmed up and ready for the upcoming season!

3. I'm hoping to block a lot of shots and have a good +/- 

4. Top 2 but not 2, because we have the players and the management to win it all. 

5. I felt lazy and used my actual name. 

6. I am from the Upper Peninsula of Michigan! 

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

Let's Go Bulls!

1. well its honestly really good i looked at it and defense is good and offense aswell same with goalie pretty good team

2. uh no not really kinda didn't do any

3. for my player its assists hits and goals

4. top 3 i bet it

5. so i made a joke that i will continue the Tzesar name till i get a HOF player and so i kept that promise 

6. quebec around the gaspe coast overrated but still nice place to live sometimes 

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

Let's Go Bulls!

1. I think it's pretty solid.  I'm hoping with consistent improvement as the season goes on we can start to translate a good team on paper into some great results.

2. I did.  Won as a member of the Brigade in the JST and had a pretty good showing.  Nice to see the skillset at work.

3. Right now, points and faceoffs.  But more importantly, I am focused on Wins.

4. I am optimistic we will be a top-3 team.  I think we have some really good talent and experienced players in the right places and it will just take a little gelling for us.

5. To be honest, don't really have an explanation.  The ideas just come to me.  Decided to be a little different on first name to differ from @Victor

6. Born in Kingston (just in the hospital though)..Raised in Trenton, Ontario.  Have lived in Peterborough (University and College) and Ottawa (2 years) and now living close to home in Belleville, Ontario.

On 4/2/2023 at 10:30 AM, Triller said:

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

1.  Great squad! Great front office! Top notch group!

2.  I did not play in any offseason tournaments. This is my first season in the show

3.  Offensive stats. My shot, skating, stick handling so on so forth

4.  All the way to the top baby! We got a good squad of people and we’re just gonna have more fun!

5.  My parents gave it to me, not very original or exciting but Cest La Vie

6.  Im from all the way up in northern Alberta!

Let's Go Bulls!

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

For the Week Ending Apr 16th, here are your questions!

1.  Where do you think our teams biggest weak spot is?

2.  What do you think makes a good VHLM team?

3.  What are your goals for your player, team success, individual accolades, both, Hall of Fame?

4.  What do you think of the Houston Bulls logo?

5.  Are you or your player a smack talker?

6.  What do you think of all the talk of AI generated art and media?

Thank you to everyone who participate in these pressers!  I always appreciated reading your answers!

Let's Go Bulls!

7 hours ago, Triller said:

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

1. Offensive unit isnt clicking at the moment. Were getting outscored. Defense is doing everything they can and the netminder is standing on his head when he can but we just cant seem to outscore our problems

2. Good leadership to mentor the young-ins and just having your offensive guys firing on all cylinders and your defensive guys throwing the body around and making life hard for their offensive guys

3.  At the moment the only goals for my player is development. Start getting pucks on net and everything will follow. Long term id say a couple world cup of hockey’s a couple of ships and I certainly wouldnt complain about a HOF induction

4.  Best logo going! Coolest animated logo imo

5.  More of a comedic relief and quick with a joke. Can absolutely light someone up if the moment calls for it though!

6.  I think AI in general is wicked cool! The things they can create and the responses they can generate are insane!

Let's Go Bulls!

1.  Where do you think our teams biggest weak spot is? I'm not going to lie to you, your goaltending looks weak.

2.  What do you think makes a good VHLM team? Activity makes a good VHLM team.

3.  What are your goals for your player, team success, individual accolades, both, Hall of Fame? I won cups with my first player, I want HOF with this one.

4.  What do you think of the Houston Bulls logo? It's pretty average in my opinion. A lot of the older VHL and VHLM logos could use a revamp.

5.  Are you or your player a smack talker? Not really.

6.  What do you think of all the talk of AI generated art and media? I think it's all a myth, there's definitely nobody on Warsaw that has got in trouble for that.

21 hours ago, Triller said:

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

3.  What are your goals for your player, team success, individual accolades, both, Hall of Fame?

Thank you to everyone who participate in these pressers!  I always appreciated reading your answers!

Let's Go Bulls!

1. At the moment we can’t score more than 3 goals a game. Our schedule has been tough though.

2. Activity for sure. Having a group all focused on one goal. 
3. My goals for Houston and my player is to win cups! Bobandy is on Seattle now and probably will be his whole career so hoping for atleast one.

4. I’ve always liked it which is why I was happy to be hired here. 🔥

5. Not at all. More of a listen before speaking type of guy.

6. I haven’t used it yet and honestly haven’t really payed much attention to it lol

On 4/9/2023 at 12:46 PM, Triller said:

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

Let's Go Bulls!

1. Finishing on offence, we are getting lots of shots off but not scoring many goals.

2. Having an active group of players, and maybe a bit of luck.

3. I would mostly like to see team success, but I'd also like to see my player playing a big role in that success.

4. I think it looks pretty cool, I'm a big fan of anything red.

5. I'm definitely not but I'd like to think my player can dish it out.

6. I haven't seen any talk about it, but I'm not surprised that AI is involved in those things.

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

Let's Go Bulls!

1. scoring and a bit of defense like we can do good defense sometimes but the scoring is really bad

2. almost capped goalie decent goalies amazing forwards.

3. reaching the hall of fame and a cup or two

4. i think its one of the best logos in the league honestly

5. oh hell yea mid game he would be telling you off

6. eh shouldnt be allowed in my opinion if you write a 500 media you gotta think and actually write a story while ai just makes one up and it takes like a minute or two

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

Let's Go Bulls!

1. We have a lot of holes.  Up front is probably the biggest one.

2. Great balance and depth.  

3. Would love HOF and individual success, but team is most important for me. I want cups.

4. Pretty good.  I like most of them.  While it's not my fav in VHLM its prob middle of the pack.

5. No not really.  More quiet than anything else.

6. Uhhhhh..honestly cant say I keep up with it.

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

For the Week Ending Apr 23th, here are your questions!

1.  With a few games played now, is your player performing as expected?

2.  What do you want to improve on your player?

3.  Who is looking like the biggest threat in our conference?

4.  What team would you pick as our rival so far?

5.  Who are you picking to win the Stanley Cup in the NHL?

6.  With summer right around the corner, do you have any big vacation plans?

Let's Go Bulls!

45 minutes ago, Triller said:

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

Let's Go Bulls!

1. I think he's performing better than I anticipated, which makes me hopeful that it'll only get better as the season progresses.

2. I want to invest more effort into scoring, while continuing to invest in defense.

3. Mexico City. They don't lose much and have scored an impressively nice 69 goals thus far.

4. People in the locker room seem to talk about San Diego as our rivals so I'll go with them.

5. Gonna go with Edmonton, but as a Red Wings fan I've been checked out NHL-wise for awhile now. 

6. Nothing major, but I took a week off in May so I'll have time to go out and look for birds during migration.

On 4/16/2023 at 2:32 PM, Triller said:

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

Let's Go Bulls!

1. wished he did a bit better but he is getting to be good 

2. just scoring and a bit more passing with a bit of defense

3. san diego 

4. san diego we have had hard battle with them

5. well 100% not toronto they can't pass the first round but seriously i think boston

6. not really but just hoping for the best

On 4/16/2023 at 12:32 PM, Triller said:

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

1.  Id say a little better than i expected considering i still have no idea what im doing

2.  I just wanna keep boosting my offensive stats. Just wanna outscore our problems

3.  We are the danger!

4.  San Diego since everyone seems to be talkin about em. I havent been paying too much attention as of late due to family matters

5.  Go Jets Go!

6.  Golf and softball but no vacations

Let's Go Bulls!

On 4/16/2023 at 2:32 PM, Triller said:

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

Let's Go Bulls!

1. My player in his sophomore season has been hovering around a point per game. Over my expectations and Seattle is first in the league.

2. Defence and passing next, hitting scoring a bit too.

3. San Diego has weirdly been good so we will definitely have to keep an eye on them.

4. Mexico. They always are and they forever will be as long as coke is managing lol

5. I’m liking Boston of course but I have to cheer for my jets.

6. Just went on one so no vacations for a while

1.  With a few games played now, is your player performing as expected?

Eh, more or less.  I expected slightly better production but nothing I can do about it.  Just hope the team gets some better results.

2.  What do you want to improve on your player?

Eventually, everything..but faceoffs is one of the areas I want to improve the most on.

3.  Who is looking like the biggest threat in our conference?

Mexico City.  They have the best record in our conference and one of the best in the entire league.  They also maintain the best goal differential in the entire VHLM.

4.  What team would you pick as our rival so far?

Probably Mexico City as well.  We want to be the best in the league and I have them as the best in the league, and additionally they are far and away the best in our conference.  No question in my opinion.

5.  Who are you picking to win the Stanley Cup in the NHL?

I have the Bruins winning ultimately I think.  Have them over Colorado in the finals.

6.  With summer right around the corner, do you have any big vacation plans?

Going to Disney in May (12th-17th).  Finishing up our honeymoon after Hurricane Ian knocked out a few days of it.

On 4/17/2023 at 4:32 AM, Triller said:

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

Let's Go Bulls!

1. As a new create, I'm just happy to see my player throwing the body and racking up hits so far. Weiss has played just under an hour across both games played so far and I'm hoping to see some production close in the future.

2. I'm hoping to just turn Weiss into a solid defenceman who hits big and clutches up bigger. Lots of blocked shots and a reliable guy in his own zone. Hopefully, offensive output finds its way along the process.

3. Can't really go past the Kings. Highest goal differential in the league and a 6 game winning streak.

4. Gotta go with the Kings again. You compete with the best to be the best, and Mexico City are the front-runners in that aspect at the moment

5. I want to see Edmonton win, but I genuinely think the Rangers have looked lethal so far. Hard to not pick them, even if they are going to run into the other Eastern powerhouses.

6. It's actually heading into Winter in Australia, so I'm just excited for the heat to die down. Winter's always good to just go out on the town with mates, so that's probably what it's looking like.