Houston Bulls Press Conference

mattyIceman

On 8/16/2022 at 6:50 PM, AJW said:

1. How did your S84 season go? Besides the upsetting early exit lol.

2. How did I do as a GM this season? Any suggestions for improvements?

3. What are your player's plans for next season? 

4. Are you excited for the upcoming drafts? What are you expectations for your player?

5. How has life been treating you lately? Anything new going on?

6. Lastly, give me 3-5 words describing the Houston Bulls.

1. I'm disappointed that we weren't able to make a good run in the playoffs but overall it was a good time to have a player back in the VHLM.

2. Great work! The locker room was active and you were good to remind the tea mof tasks.

3. See what tea I end up on next and keep working on the player build.

4. Of course I am! Drafts are arguably the most fun in sim leagues. 

5. All good here. Nothing too crazy to inform a sim league on!

6. A sim league hockey team

HOU_bar.png

Press Conference - Week Ending August 28

1. The Off-Season is here! What are you most excited about heading into the next season?

2. Warsaw is the Continental Cup Champs. Did you predict them to win? Was this a surprise to you?

3. Which VHL team is your favourite? Why?

4. Who was your favourite teammate this season? If you don't have one, what player stood out to you on our team?

5. Where is somewhere you would like to travel?

6. How was your weekend?

On 8/16/2022 at 6:50 PM, AJW said:

HOU_bar.png

Press Conference - Week Ending August 21

4. Are you excited for the upcoming drafts? What are you expectations for your player?

1. "Well besides the BULLSH*T, DOGWATER, ABSOLUTE F*CKIN-" *fast forward a few minutes later* "....it was easily one of the best years of my life. I scored a goal, I had my husband in the stands watch it. I felt... like I was part of a team. I loved every second of it."
2. "You definitely did a great job as manager, you got everyone involved and showed a lot of care and appreciation for the players and the hard work. Probably don't go all in with trades and more but keep doing what you're doing... it's been a pleasure."
3. "For next season, I worked hard enough to earn myself a chance in the new European league so I'll likely be spending my time there getting my reps in and more. Moving up in the world."
4. "I'm incredibly excited, I'm genuinely losing sleep over this. I can't wait to get drafted and see how everything is, to have my loved one with me and to see where my life goes from here on."
5. "Well ever since the season ended, I just spend time at home and rest any body issues. I also got invited to this Team Asia tournament for something, I don't know but I'll check it out."
6. "Let's. Fucking. Go."

1. I think making the jump up to the VHLE is going to be a good move for me. I liked my time in Houston, but I've got my sights on the VHL.

2. They had a strong team, congratulations to them

3. I'd love to play with Moscow, as they're from the country where I'm from.

4. I liked the guys who joined with me at the trade deadline.

5. Need to get to Vietnam

6. Not long enough

13 hours ago, AJW said:

HOU_bar.png

1. The Off-Season is here! What are you most excited about heading into the next season?

2. Warsaw is the Continental Cup Champs. Did you predict them to win? Was this a surprise to you?

4. Who was your favourite teammate this season? If you don't have one, what player stood out to you on our team?

6. How was your weekend?

1. I’m excited to make the jump to the VHLE , and see what I can do in Oslo this coming season.

2. They had a great team and a great run . But they definitely weren’t my first guess

3. either Toronto or LA 

4. I’d have to say Weaver forsure ! @ThePerfectNut

5. I’d love to go to Vegas !  Just to experience the atomosphere there 

6. to short back to work today !

Edited by l1l KRZY l9l

I'm pretty happy about it. I was one of the most productive prospects in our draft class.

Perfect even if it meant sacrifice the future. Maybe sacrifice a bit less cuz losing in the first round hurts you GMing for the next two seasons.

I'm skiping the E and playing in the VHL hopefully.

A top 5 pick but I won't mind slipping all the way to Seattle.

Just College starting up again.

Fun, energetic, entertaing, amusing and comfortable

On 8/21/2022 at 6:44 PM, AJW said:

HOU_bar.png

6. How was your weekend?

1. The opportunity to lead a team to the promise land with Darryl Dixon by my side. 

2. Had them losing in the finals to Seattle because Seattle is Seattle and that is all. 

3. Calgary Wranglers because they’re the most fun environment in the league. 

4. Phil!!!!! 

5. New Zealand would be super cool! Or Switzerland

6. Awesome. Went to Whistler with some friends for my birthday. Got very drunk and made some great memories.

On 8/21/2022 at 9:44 PM, AJW said:

HOU_bar.png

6. How was your weekend?

1. "I'm f*cking HYPE as sh*t for the draft, I can't wait to see where I'll be heading for the VHLE and the big leagues.. wherever I go will be a brand new home for me and my family. I'm f*ckin pumped."
2. "I didn't know Warsaw existed until I came into the league but the name sounds f*ckin awesome. Imagine killing someone with a WAR SAW."
3. "The team that picks me first in the draft, of course."
4. "I have to say everyone. Everyone was my favorite, there was no... one person. I had fun screaming at Bill during games and even to release us before we went on the ice but I never wanna say one specific person. We were all a family, a team. They're all my favorite."
5. "I wanna travel to Colorado and do some crazy f*ckin snow tricks and sh*t. Probably Minnesota to get into some fights at the local hockey pond. Maybe looking for something to do on a Sudbury Saturday Night.."
6. "I was either practicing and preparing myself for the draft or doing crazy sh*t with the hubby."

On 8/21/2022 at 7:44 PM, AJW said:

HOU_bar.png

6. How was your weekend?

1. The Draft Babyyyyyyy

2. Not mucha  surprise tbh theyre loaded

3. Davos for obvious reasons but Seattle is special to me 

4. Strasmore is just piss bus floor nasty i love that man

5. Definitely Europe

6. Pretty nice I was on vacation

Skipping the VHLE and playing in the VHL as a second liner already.

I predicted Moscow to finally win, but per usal. They choked.

That would be the Seattle Bears because they simply have the most competent GM of all time.

That would be Todd Cooke since we were on a line since we wore a Houston Bulls jersey.

The Bahamas would be cool.

6. How was your weekend?

Just sleeping and watching videos

HOU_bar.png

6. How was your weekend?

1. Finally getting a role as a starting goalie! Seriously I’m excited to prove myself out there once again and show the league that my name will be remembered in history.

2. Not really but it did sting as my player who was retiring was playing in that cup final for the Seattle Bears. Congrats to them though!

3. I have always loved the Wolves and Bears for personal reasons but aside from those, I’ve always wanted to be a Dragon someday (mostly because of my namesake).

4. @Ricer13 because this was a throwback to the time we entered the league. I got love for a lot of the people in our locker room but I have to say it was a great experience!

5. Mostly just back to the USA to visit a bunch of friends. Not very extravagant but I think it would be fun to see some people again!

6. It has been great! I got to relax with some time off and I’m seeing my sons either tonight or tomorrow so overall I can’t complain.

HOU_bar.png

6. How was your weekend?

1. The best part of the off-season is seeing all the moves! Most importantly the Entry Draft. It's exciting to see your player finding some new homes. 

2. I have zero idea what's happening in the VHL but Warsaw just sounds like a strong team based on location alone. Good for them!

3. My favourite team is the Riga Reign just for the seasons that I played there and also GMd to a championship. 

4. My favourite teammate was Phil of course! Ending up on the same teams is always funny. Nice to see him drafted high.

5. I would love to go anywhere outside of North America. Would be nice to see London or go even further and visit somewhere like Tokyo.

6. Extremely busy and now it's time to get some sleep. I hope you enjoyed yours!

gfyt8tQ.png

HOUSTON BULLS PRESS CONFERENCE

Week ending on September 4th 2022

1 tpe for 3 answers, maximum 2 tpe for answering all 6!

1. for those of you in the Jr showcase, how did the ending of your tournny feel?

2. Friday night was VHL draft, for those drafted how excited were you? and how great is your new team?

3. M and E draft is tonight,how excited are you? where do you think your going to go?

4. if you could plan an event for the offseason what would it be?

5. if you could create your own product, what would it be? and why would it sell?

6. if you got to pick who we drafted with the 8th overall pick, who would it be? WHY?

On 8/29/2022 at 11:42 AM, Minion said:

gfyt8tQ.png

Week ending on September 4th 2022

1. for those of you in the Jr showcase, how did the ending of your tournny feel?

2. Friday night was VHL draft, for those drafted how excited were you? and how great is your new team?

3. M and E draft is tonight,how excited are you? where do you think your going to go?

4. if you could plan an event for the offseason what would it be?

5. if you could create your own product, what would it be? and why would it sell?

6. if you got to pick who we drafted with the 8th overall pick, who would it be? WHY?

1. It was a great experience! Having all the young stars in one tourney was a blast! Winning the whole thing didn’t hurt either :)

2.  I wasn’t drafted to the VHL yet but I’m happy for all my former teammates! Can’t wait to see them there!

3. I’ve heard a few different teams interested in Rick Grimes but also Daryl so we’ll see 👀

4. the league is pretty full of interactive events! Maybe something to get to know the people behind the players more. Virtua/video potluck?

5. Iced tea flavoured vodka to compete against pink whitney because alcohol sells.

6. Trade up for Daryl Dixon

gfyt8tQ.png

Week ending on September 10th

1. What are you most excited for this season!?!

2. What is the best part of Houston so far

3.You get to plan the after draft party, what are you planning?

4. what are keys to win opening day!?!

5. if you could pick one players to add to the team who would it be? (Could be any player, for any sport)?

6. If you had to go to any other team, what team would it be? Why?

30 minutes ago, Minion said:

gfyt8tQ.png

Week ending on September 10th

5. if you could pick one players to add to the team who would it be? (Could be any player, for any sport)?

1. I am most excited to see how this team can bounce back from a first round exit. We have a brand new roster with some great talent already.

2. The people! Everyone always has a great attitude every day and want to win while having fun.

3. We're getting boats and cruising around Miami.

4. Be ready, be prepared for any team we have to face.

5. I would choose Connor McDavid because he is the Jesus of hockey.

6. In the VHLM I would go to Vegas since I used to GM there.

Playing with a new team and getting to know my new teammates. Hoping to make another run to the finals this season! 

All the bulls! I didn't realize there were so many down here in Houston. I'm going to name my bull Gary *phone text message buzzing* oh uh I guess we aren't being given our own bulls so scratch that

Bull riding anybody?! 

Score goals, score goals, and score goals! 

If we could demote Poopy Peepants to the M league that would be fun cause who doesn't want to play with a guy named Poopy Peepants 

I guess Halifax only because that's who I was with in the finals last year 

gfyt8tQ.png

Week ending on September 18th

1. What do we need to do to keep our winning record?!

2. who is our team MVP at this point in this season?

3. you are in charge of this weeks training warm-up, what are you planning?

4. what are keys to building up our team moral!?!

5. With the passing of the Queen, Houston is holding a Royal family based raffle what are you donating to the raffle?

6. Houston is holding a kids night this Friday sims, what do you plan to make it special to the kids?

win games of course! and score goals!! MOAR GOALS! 

Gotta give it to our lone Dman @Reno, I mean 27 points with an 11 +/- and he's all alone on defense, can't ask for more

Bringing some beer and hotdogs to fuel the team..this is a beer league right?..right?!

Score more goals and win more games! How could you be unhappy when you're winning?

5. With the passing of the Queen, Houston is holding a Royal family based raffle what are you donating to the raffle?

I'm not sure what I have to raffle off but if somebody is raffling off a lifetime supply of fish and chips sign me up! 

6. Houston is holding a kids night this Friday sims, what do you plan to make it special to the kids?

I'll be signing lots of pucks and for each goal I score, if any, I will sign the stick I scored it with and give it to a lucky kid! 

5 hours ago, Minion said:

gfyt8tQ.png

Week ending on September 18th

1. We need to have a strong defense in oder to win and keep our winning strak going.

2. I think in my opinion every one is doing great. But I think Medicore One has been doing the best.

3. I really don't know.

4.We need to build a stronger defense I think.

5. I don't think so.

6. I will think about it.

gfyt8tQ.png

Week ending on September 25th

1. If you had to move to another team, what team would it be to, and why?

2. if you got to force a trade among two teams, what trade would you make?

3. what does Houston need to do to keep pushing up in the standings

4. we finally beat the amazing goalie of Alexander Minion, what do we need to do to keep beating goalie with suck skill?

5. Your in charge of baking a cake for charity event, what flavour are you baking and who get the first slice

6.nobody truly knows what AJ is short for in our gms name, if you had to guess what is AJ short for?

(I think it Amazing Joker, but what do you think) and why?

1. If you had to move to another team, what team would it be to, and why?

Mississauga so I can become the top scorer of the team!

I would take the top player of Vegas for a draft pick to get stronger in the league.

3. what does Houston need to do to keep pushing up in the standings?

we need to work as a team and start scoring more goals!

4. we finally beat the amazing goalie of Alexander Minion, what do we need to do to keep beating goalie with such skill?

Well Minion is the worst goalie so we can always beat it!!!

5. Your in charge of baking a cake for charity event, what flavour are you baking and who get the first slice

vanilla because no one hates vanilla.

6.nobody truly knows what AJ is short for in our gms name, if you had to guess what is AJ short for?

Aqua John because he always is slippery and a good person.

On 9/20/2022 at 11:27 AM, Minion said:

gfyt8tQ.png

4. we finally beat the amazing goalie of Alexander Minion, what do we need to do to keep beating goalie with suck skill?

1. I'm moving to Miami since they're having a good season and the weather there is always nice.

2. I would trade with anyone for a dman. There aren't a lot of defensemen in the VHLM currently.

3. We need to keep updating like we are and I need to sign more players off waivers.

4. We got lucky, Minion is a superior goalie and he was sleepy that game.

5. I've always liked ice cream cakes from Dairy Queen so I'll go with that. The first slice is going to me because I like cake.

6. AJ is short for Arson Juggernaut

gfyt8tQ.png

1. I am not picky right now on which team I will be on since I am new here and getting a feel of everything. I think the Bulls is a good fit for me.

2. I believe our team needs a dman, so I would like to see a top 4 D man on the team one day. Not sure from which team and for what asset.

3. I was just signed yesterday as a new player, I am not sure. I would think maybe add a few dmen.

4. I see this goalie must be good. You should always put pressure on good goalies. I am new here and I haven't been here long enough to see.

5. chocolate cake, chocolate icing, and the kids get first grabs. 

6. Alex Jones  ;)

But why would I want to move?! I guess if I had to then it would be Halifax cause I was with them last season

I would probably trade for Alexander Minion cause his save % is good 

Keep scoring more goals than the opponents!! MOAR GOAAAALLLSS

I don't know if I am supposed to admit this, but I heard Minions were easily distracted by shiny objects, so I put some shiny tape on my stick and used it to distract him...that is why me and Ethan Mann (@Emann2003) had hat tricks and 6 points each in that game...so maybe we do that again

Definitely making either a lemon cake or a cannoli cake and the first slice always goes to the host of the event (or the birthday person if for a birthday)

Almond Joy cause well I like Almond Joy's and AJ seems like a cool dude so it fits...