Houston Bulls Press Conference

mattyIceman

Two days later than usually, but hey, better late than never! The trade also gave me free material for questions, so...sorry not sorry for the delay?

7mmQzJ4_d.webp?maxwidth=1280&shape=thumb

1. We were 9-1-0 when I posted last week's press conference. We're 21-5-2 now, still leading the league. Are you concerned seeing us slowing down a bit?

2. A trade with the Kings came through, as we acquired Nico Belique, Arne Holmquist and a 3rd rounder for a 1st and a 2nd. 

3. Do you see us making another trade(s) before or at the deadline, or are we set?

4. Belique has reached the M TPA cap and Holmquist is very close to the cap as well. Aren't there too many chefs in the kitchen now?

5. There's no US born player on our team. Does your player care for the upcoming Thanksgiving? Are they gonna celebrate it despite the schedule being ruthless?

6. Jay Woodcroft has been released by the Oilers. Do you think it was a step in the right direction? Can you see more major changes coming soon?

@STZ @DDZ_44 @Syzygy @sportexperts show @mattyIceman @Dee @axtron @wcats @Girts @Arce @npuBeT

On 11/15/2023 at 10:45 AM, VattghernCZ said:

1. We were 9-1-0 when I posted last week's press conference. We're 21-5-2 now, still leading the league. Are you concerned seeing us slowing down a bit?

2. A trade with the Kings came through, as we acquired Nico Belique, Arne Holmquist and a 3rd rounder for a 1st and a 2nd. 

3. Do you see us making another trade(s) before or at the deadline, or are we set?

4. Belique has reached the M TPA cap and Holmquist is very close to the cap as well. Aren't there too many chefs in the kitchen now?

5. There's no US born player on our team. Does your player care for the upcoming Thanksgiving? Are they gonna celebrate it despite the schedule being ruthless?

6. Jay Woodcroft has been released by the Oilers. Do you think it was a step in the right direction? Can you see more major changes coming soon?

1 - Of course I would like to do better, but nothing) we are trying so hard) the main thing is not to slide even worse)
2 - Strengthening is good, whatever it is)
3 - To be honest, I didn't understand the question)
4 - The more competitors the more chances to develop forward)
5 - I don't think even all Americans celebrate this holiday)
6 - Changes occur daily it's just that we notice something and something is not, but about this situation, it means it should have been so and it will give either a step forward or a step back

1 - Not really, I'm just taking it one game day at a time.

2 - That helps us big time this season.  It should balance our scoring efforts

3 - I think we have a solid roster right now but you never know

4 - No there aren't, we need everyone pitching in.  The goal is a title

5 - I'm in Canada, we celebrated this in October.

6 - Maybe it was, maybe not.  Maybe their problem is constantly being cash strapped due to some questionable Holland signings.

On 11/15/2023 at 2:45 AM, VattghernCZ said:

Two days later than usually, but hey, better late than never! The trade also gave me free material for questions, so...sorry not sorry for the delay?

7mmQzJ4_d.webp?maxwidth=1280&shape=thumb

@STZ @DDZ_44 @Syzygy @sportexperts show @mattyIceman @Dee @axtron @wcats @Girts @Arce @npuBeT

1.  We still rule. Our record is great even with losing a few lately, it was bound to happen but we're still like 27-7-2 or something insane like that. 

2. Yes we made a trade. Couple good players should help us esp in post season. 

3. Our GM's are the best in the biz so whatever moves they make are the right ones! Stay or add I'm good with either as long as we win the cup! ;)

4. Both of them should only help our depth which is good even if a couple less points for the top guys

5. Guntis celebrates Latvian Thanksgiving. It's basically normal thanksgiving but more meats on sticks.

6. I think given how talented the team is and how they started the coach had to go, it was inevitable. They should start winning more games now but I think will need another defenseman and veteran back up if they want to make playoffs and go deep. 

Okay, I solemnly swear I'll go back to posting these on Mondays next week. Anyway, over half of the season is behind us, and quite a ride it has been, up, up, up, and...checks notes...oh.

Feel free to answer 3 questions for 1 capped TPE or all 6 questions for 2 capped TPE.

SXBGk9B_d.webp?maxwidth=1000&shape=thumb

1. A few not great sims, and we've come back down to earth, currently occupying 3rd division spot. Is this the team we are, or just a bad stretch?

2. We had a few newly created players joining the squad, what do you think made them interested in joining Houston? Are we the hotspot for new guys?

3. With the trade deadline approaching very quickly, are there any particular moves you'd like to see the management doing? Any weakness to address?

4. We're over halfway through the season, who has been our MVP so far, in your opinion?

5. Halfway through the season is also a great time to project - who do you think will lead the team in points in the end?

6. Do you support NHL reaching out to fans worldwide with events like the Global Series, or would you prefer the teams to stay in NA and focus on playing?

@STZ @DDZ_44 @Jamomayo @Syzygy @sportexperts show @mattyIceman @Dee @axtron @wcats @Girts @Arce @npuBeT

8 hours ago, VattghernCZ said:

Okay, I solemnly swear I'll go back to posting these on Mondays next week. Anyway, over half of the season is behind us, and quite a ride it has been, up, up, up, and...checks notes...oh.

Feel free to answer 3 questions for 1 capped TPE or all 6 questions for 2 capped TPE.

1. A few not great sims, and we've come back down to earth, currently occupying 3rd division spot. Is this the team we are, or just a bad stretch?

2. We had a few newly created players joining the squad, what do you think made them interested in joining Houston? Are we the hotspot for new guys?

3. With the trade deadline approaching very quickly, are there any particular moves you'd like to see the management doing? Any weakness to address?

4. We're over halfway through the season, who has been our MVP so far, in your opinion?

5. Halfway through the season is also a great time to project - who do you think will lead the team in points in the end?

6. Do you support NHL reaching out to fans worldwide with events like the Global Series, or would you prefer the teams to stay in NA and focus on playing?

@STZ @DDZ_44 @Jamomayo @Syzygy @sportexperts show @mattyIceman @Dee @axtron @wcats @Girts @Arce @npuBeT

1. I think every team goes through a slump. Bounces go the other way. We've been playing great hockey as a whole team the stats don't lie!!! It's all about what we do next when the chips are down. This is a contender what we do next to get back on track shows everything you'll need to know!

2. Look at the squad we have here! Offense, defense, goaltending all top notch. Having a shot at glory in your recreate season is always appealing!

3. Honestly I think we have a great team on the ice from top to bottom. It may just be more about retooling lines vs making deadline splashes.

4. For me the MVP of this team so far has to be our goalie Pipo Popa. Guys been unreal. Look those numbers they don't lie!!!!

5. I will have to go with a player who's currently second in team points, Vanellope von Schweetz.  Logging huge minutes I think we see those points start to come in bunches.

6. I think it's pretty cool!! It's definitely a novelty more than reality because we'll never see teams outside of NA in the NHL. Not in our lifetime anyways. But it's probably very cool for the people in these places to see it firsthand!!!!

On 11/24/2023 at 1:13 PM, VattghernCZ said:

1 - I think we can be higher in the standings yeah, but overall our defense has been pretty great.

2 - We have spots open on the team so they can come join us if they want to.  Not really a hot spot, but an attractive and competitive team.

3 - I think we are good in every spot.  I don't think there are holes in our game, just need more 'puck-luck'

4 - Our goalie.  Popa has been fantastic for us.

5 - Everdeen.  Been our hottest forward all season

6 - Eh, why not.  One way or the other will be pretty telling on how the world views hockey.

On 11/24/2023 at 1:13 PM, VattghernCZ said:

1. We were bound to come back to reality a bit, I think we're still playing very well there's just two other teams right with us. We are the best team in the league imo

2. Anytime you see a team dominating like we were people will want to be a part of it. Plus we have an awesome logo. 

3. I think just figure out the best way to play with the new guys we have now. 

4. I still have to say our goalie Pipo Popa, he was a big reason we got out to such an insane start and is still playing very well

5. I think Everdeen is a good bet to finish as our top scorer, should be able to hold off the two Dmen behind him, mclfopper is hot tho so could catch them all. 

6. I think it's fine, we have players from all over the world so we should reward their countries fans with some events. 

On 11/24/2023 at 9:13 PM, VattghernCZ said:

1 - Is 3rd place before the playoffs bad?) Here at the end of the season and we'll see) I think we're going pretty well)
2 - Any team, whether it's top or middle or even from the bottom, can shoot at any moment. It all depends on the players, if they want to develop and improve, they will go to the team that offers them starting places
3 - It seems to me that they began to score a little, and let the teams pass to the goal, or just the teams became stronger)
4 - I think all the attackers, it is necessary to somehow bypass and score other players)
5 - Here I can't say, because even a player without points can become a top 1)
6 - Hockey should attract any players, no matter what nationality and faith, here it is necessary to judge the player and not his race and so on. We should not be like some "tops" of our power.

The trade deadline is behind us, and the West is still as much of a bloodbath as it has been for the last few weeks. Here's another press conference, finally done in a timely manner!

Feel free to answer 3 questions for 1 capped TPE, or all 6 questions for 2 capped TPE.

DuDDzmE_d.webp?maxwidth=1000&shape=thumb

1. We're still 3 points behind the second place LVA and 4 points behind division leading SSK. Can we get past at least one of them this week?

2. Us, LVA and SSK are the only teams to significantly imorove their team via trades. Which team came out of the deadline the strongest?

3. There should be a few re-creates joining the M, what's the biggest selling point of joining the Houston Bulls rather than other teams?

4. Do you prefer advancing right to the playoffs after having a few days off, or would you rather go through the wild card round to stay sharp?

5. How majestic playoff beard can your player grow?

6. Has it already snowed this Autumn where you live?

On 11/27/2023 at 11:58 PM, VattghernCZ said:

The trade deadline is behind us, and the West is still as much of a bloodbath as it has been for the last few weeks. Here's another press conference, finally done in a timely manner!

Feel free to answer 3 questions for 1 capped TPE, or all 6 questions for 2 capped TPE.

1. We're still 3 points behind the second place LVA and 4 points behind division leading SSK. Can we get past at least one of them this week?

2. Us, LVA and SSK are the only teams to significantly imorove their team via trades. Which team came out of the deadline the strongest?

3. There should be a few re-creates joining the M, what's the biggest selling point of joining the Houston Bulls rather than other teams?

4. Do you prefer advancing right to the playoffs after having a few days off, or would you rather go through the wild card round to stay sharp?

1. We passed Vegas and are close to those jerks from Saskatoon but we may not catch them, it's gonna be close though! I think we can do it! 

2. We did cuz we are the best and have the best GM's. We will win it all. 

3. See above, lol. We are a strong team, star players and well managed 

4. I like having a few days off to recharge my battery and then come in refreshed and ready to go. 

5. at 6'8" and 250 pounds his playoff beard is more majestic than a wooly mammoth.

6. Yes but nothing major yet

1. For sure, I see us being number 1 

2. I believe we did, sask is looking strong as well.

3. We are 2nd in the league, and have the leastt amount of goals against

4. I like both, having the days off to look at other team strategies to come up with a game plan, or keep the streak going and gain momentum.

5. As a scrawny man my beard isn't the best, patchy and thin lol

6. Yea snowed the other day but most has melted 

2. Us, LVA and SSK are the only teams to significantly improve their team via trades. Which team came out of the deadline the strongest?

1 - Well Sasky has gotten away ahead of us, but its a battle between us and the Aces for sure no doubt.

2 - That will only be apparent during the playoffs really, no real winner yet.

3 - I think we are a hardworking bunch and encourage each other to progress.  That should be enough to join up

4 - Nah, I'd rather just get straight into the first round really.  Maybe there shouldn't be a series but some kind of two game, home and home playoff aggregate thing there for the wild card teams.

5 - A very nice one

6 - Yup.  Snowfall here

The postseason is finally here, and we're in! Now the important part of the season begins, the time to step up and be the hero is now!

assyphU.jpeg

1. After such a dominant start, what went wrong so we ended the season as a wild card team?

2. Las Vegas Aces, a worthy opponent. Not long ago, they were pushing for a threepeat. Can we beat them? How many games will it take?

3. Are you happy with your player's performance in the regular season? Did they meet your expectations?

4. Somewhere aound trade deadline I asked who the team's MVP was. Did your opinion change? Who has been the backbone of this team?

5. Which player will be the X Factor for our team in the playoff run, in your opinion? Not necessarily the top scorer, but a clutch guy who changes the momentum.

6. Are you staying in the M for another season, or are you moving on?

@STZ @DDZ_44 @Jamomayo @Syzygy @sportexperts show @mattyIceman @Dee @fonziGG @axtron @wcats @Girts @Arce @npuBeT

1. I think it’s the lack of updating, for me I always do good at the start and the end of the season for point tasks but never find a way to find ideas in mid season.

2. For the first round we’re facing the hounds that is going to be a tight round and if we face the aces I think it’ll be really close aswell

3.No. He didn’t do good at all for a max cap player, he didn’t even score a point per game

4. Pipo any day, man’s got like 21 shutouts

5. I think flopper is gonna have the biggest bounce back of his life but I feel like Kimi is gonna prove himself and be a strong player but Pipo will be are guy 

6. I’m moving to Stockholm, hopefully it’ll make something come out of Flopper, he needs to prove himself in every way

On 11/28/2023 at 7:58 AM, VattghernCZ said:

1 - 3rd place is not so bad, the playoff will show
2 - SSK definitely
3 - At the moment, the top 5 teams are one of the best options, but we are the strongest anyway)
4 - It seems to me that a week of rest is needed anyway, because the semifinals are like another tournament) where the prize is much higher at stake
5 - I rarely shave at all) so as it grows, it will grow
6 - Yes, it's true at the end of autumn, only this time it fell out, it's a little late

On 12/8/2023 at 1:22 PM, VattghernCZ said:

The postseason is finally here, and we're in! Now the important part of the season begins, the time to step up and be the hero is now!

1. After such a dominant start, what went wrong so we ended the season as a wild card team?

2. Las Vegas Aces, a worthy opponent. Not long ago, they were pushing for a threepeat. Can we beat them? How many games will it take?

3. Are you happy with your player's performance in the regular season? Did they meet your expectations?

4. Somewhere aound trade deadline I asked who the team's MVP was. Did your opinion change? Who has been the backbone of this team?

5. Which player will be the X Factor for our team in the playoff run, in your opinion? Not necessarily the top scorer, but a clutch guy who changes the momentum.

@STZ @DDZ_44 @Jamomayo @Syzygy @sportexperts show @mattyIceman @Dee @fonziGG @axtron @wcats @Girts @Arce @npuBeT

1 - I think maybe we just didn't score enough goals in the close losses.  We could have been better.

2 - We can tangle with them, yes.  It will be a long series hopefully.

3 - I've noticed some deficiencies in my play, I will be addressing that.  Overall it hasn't been bad nor optimal.

4 - Yeah Luna was the one driving the offense since day one.

5 - Pipo, our goalie.  He will carry us far

6 - I shall be moving on from here, yeah... I have no clue where though

On 12/8/2023 at 1:22 PM, VattghernCZ said:

assyphU.jpeg

1. Nothing went wrong we still finished with an incredible record and 2nd best in the league, just finished 2nd in our conference is all. We still rule!

2. Yes we def can but we gotta beat mississauge first and it's too close right now lol

3. I'm thrilled, exceeded my expectations. Good hits and leading goal scorer for dmen and league leader in ppg, im amazed.

4. I'd still have to say Pipo Poppa but we have a lot of worthy skaters as well

5. Guntis Gavilrovs, obviously ;)

6. I don't know yet, I love playing for the Bulls but have a lot of tpe

On 12/8/2023 at 9:22 PM, VattghernCZ said:

1 - All teams were reinforced with new players, tactics and the mood of the teams changed.
2 - I think we will have the most offensive and cruel ending)
3 - I would certainly like to perform better, but as you can see, my player has a good result)
4 - No, my opinion has not changed and is unlikely to change already)
5 - Everything will depend on the teamwork of the defenders
6 - I'm probably already moving on, it's a pity, but these are the realities of life)

On 12/8/2023 at 10:22 AM, VattghernCZ said:

assyphU.jpeg

1. I just recently joined the team so I'm not sure. I've gotten into the room and it feels like the team needs some more communication though. We'll get better at that as a group.

2. All 7 I believe. Las Vegas are a great group and we're expected to go the distance with them. We must respect them.

3. Haha I mean I genuinely believe I'm on the learning path right now. I will get better though, mark my words.

4. I wasn't on the team yet. If I had to say, it's Pipo Papa. Tendy has been working HARD.

5. Has to be DB IV. He's always yellin at us on the bench.

6. Likely staying as I'm a new player haha.

Semi-finals, all tied, ready to push and take it home? If you haven't answered a press conference this week, feel free to answer this one, we're kinda all over the place because of the mess I've turn the schedule into. Without graphics this time, I'm literally making it on the go, the bloody December is always too busy!

1. Mississauga took the lead twice in the first round. How nervous were you when we were down?

2. After being down 1-2, Pipo Popa closed the door and shut the Hounds out for their second shutout of the series, it ended up being a 1-0 overtime win. We then won another 2 straight games, only allowing 1 goal in each. Was the game 4 the defining moment of the series?

3. I think we can all agree that Pipo Popa was the first round MVP, only allowing 8 goals in 6 games. However, who was/were MVP runner-up(s)?

4. How about your player in the first round? How happy are you with their performance? What do they need to improve in the following rounds?

5. Saskatoon Wild, the top regular season team. Does it make them the favorites? How much stock do you put in regular season success, comes playoff time?

6. This round is a clash between the team with the best goalie and the hottest start in the league, and the regular season winning team. Do you think the winner of this series will be a serious favorite to win it all?

(I know a lot of tagged people already posted last week's PC this week because of my messy timing, it's okay it should be approved no problem, but I'll tag everyone just in case)

@STZ @Jamomayo @DDZ_44 @Syzygy @sportexperts show @mattyIceman @Dee @fonziGG @axtron @wcats @Girts @Arce @npuBeT

1. I was never worried, the boys knew we were winning that series

2. game 4 was absolutely the defining moment, it got us moving are feet again and win some games 

3. I think that Luna Everdeen was are runner up, scored a few goals if I remember 

4. I’m pretty happy with him right now, he’s averaging near a point per game, hopefully he can get a few more points for the team to win this cup

5. I think that it does make them the favourites to win the cup, but the season does near nothing to what a team will do in the playoffs

6. The winner is absolutely gonna be the favourite going into the finals, but the reapers can still play really well

On 12/15/2023 at 4:33 PM, VattghernCZ said:

Semi-finals, all tied, ready to push and take it home? If you haven't answered a press conference this week, feel free to answer this one, we're kinda all over the place because of the mess I've turn the schedule into. Without graphics this time, I'm literally making it on the go, the bloody December is always too busy!

1. Mississauga took the lead twice in the first round. How nervous were you when we were down?

2. After being down 1-2, Pipo Popa closed the door and shut the Hounds out for their second shutout of the series, it ended up being a 1-0 overtime win. We then won another 2 straight games, only allowing 1 goal in each. Was the game 4 the defining moment of the series?

3. I think we can all agree that Pipo Popa was the first round MVP, only allowing 8 goals in 6 games. However, who was/were MVP runner-up(s)?

4. How about your player in the first round? How happy are you with their performance? What do they need to improve in the following rounds?

5. Saskatoon Wild, the top regular season team. Does it make them the favorites? How much stock do you put in regular season success, comes playoff time?

6. This round is a clash between the team with the best goalie and the hottest start in the league, and the regular season winning team. Do you think the winner of this series will be a serious favorite to win it all?

(I know a lot of tagged people already posted last week's PC this week because of my messy timing, it's okay it should be approved no problem, but I'll tag everyone just in case)

@STZ @Jamomayo @DDZ_44 @Syzygy @sportexperts show @mattyIceman @Dee @fonziGG @axtron @wcats @Girts @Arce @npuBeT

1 - I wasn't nervous for us, I have faith in our team to get through it

2 - When Pipo is on his game, any game he's in is a defining moment.  He's just been so great

3 - Our usual core of Everdeen and McFlopper are at the center of the action on most nights so yeah they get the nod as well

4 - I think I'm contributing in a secondary role.  Kimi needs to score more but just Kimi so fast and he's just everywhere

5 - Yeah they're the favorites for now, we got to game seven!  I don't think it means too much, alot changes with momentum from the start of the season to the playoffs.

6 - It very well might be, the games aren't played on paper though...

On 12/15/2023 at 4:33 PM, VattghernCZ said:

1. Solid opponent in round 1 but I was never really worried. 

2. I'd probably say so, we turned the corner there and shut them down. 

3. I agree and would also say Gavilrovs and Mcflopper were good also

4. I think Guntis played well, was real physical and strong on D and racked up a good amount of assists also. 

5. Anything goes in playoffs, currently in game 7 so we'll see! 

6. Hard to bet against this group ;)

No more VHLM hockey to be played What a ride it was for the Bulls, clearly the second best team in the league. Congrats to the Wild. Wow, as a Minnesota Wild fan, it's kinda fun saying the Wild have won the Cup...anyway, here's one more presser.

SRJbSKb.jpeg