Houston Bulls Press Conference

mattyIceman

17 hours ago, VattghernCZ said:

No more VHLM hockey to be played What a ride it was for the Bulls, clearly the second best team in the league. Congrats to the Wild. Wow, as a Minnesota Wild fan, it's kinda fun saying the Wild have won the Cup...anyway, here's one more presser.

SRJbSKb.jpeg

@STZ @DDZ_44 @Jamomayo @Syzygy @sportexperts show @mattyIceman @Dee @fonziGG @axtron @wcats @Girts @Arce @npuBeT

1.) we just didn’t want it enough. Simple as tbh.

2.) of course but that means we probably would’ve won if we got through. Tough but unlucky.

3.) yes, as mentioned above. We would’ve cooked them.

4.) VHLM draft time baby. Lesssss get it

5.) plan to work on my scoring and skating. Gotta get elite rq.

6.) just building a nursery and sitting on Santa’s lap.

On 12/22/2023 at 4:02 AM, VattghernCZ said:

No more VHLM hockey to be played What a ride it was for the Bulls, clearly the second best team in the league. Congrats to the Wild. Wow, as a Minnesota Wild fan, it's kinda fun saying the Wild have won the Cup...anyway, here's one more presser.

SRJbSKb.jpeg

@STZ @DDZ_44 @Jamomayo @Syzygy @sportexperts show @mattyIceman @Dee @fonziGG @axtron @wcats @Girts @Arce @npuBeT

1 - It must have been a puck-luck thing because we hung with them until the very end.

2 - Maybe a bit in hindsight but a loss is a loss, it doesn't matter against who in the end.  We could say we were the second best team and that wouldn't be bad.

3 - We had a chance against everyone.  We put up a good fight this past season.

4 - I'm eligible for both drafts and yeah I don't think I'll be competing anywhere I have race cars to drive.

5 - Plans are to enjoy Christmas and New Years, race cars, spend time with family and settle into my new home wherever I'm drafted.  I'll be working on a new training program, yeah.  Hopefully I'll be ready in time for the VHLE.

6 - We keep it local and low-key.  Lots of food will be had!

On 12/22/2023 at 4:02 AM, VattghernCZ said:

SRJbSKb.jpeg

1. We were better, they got ;ucky in 5th overtime and again in game 7. We should be the champs but shit happens. 

2. We're the best team. Another team just won the championship is all. 

3. I think it would have been close cuz Logan Ninefingers but in the end we'd prevail. 

4. I will be part of the VHL draft and I guess the VHLE draft also? Should be fun.

5. Guntis will lift heavy this off-season so he can be even more physical next season. 

6. Sneaking this in right before deadline on xmas eve lol, just spending time with family. happy holidays man. 

On 12/16/2023 at 12:33 AM, VattghernCZ said:

1. Mississauga took the lead twice in the first round. How nervous were you when we were down?

2. After being down 1-2, Pipo Popa closed the door and shut the Hounds out for their second shutout of the series, it ended up being a 1-0 overtime win. We then won another 2 straight games, only allowing 1 goal in each. Was the game 4 the defining moment of the series?

3. I think we can all agree that Pipo Popa was the first round MVP, only allowing 8 goals in 6 games. However, who was/were MVP runner-up(s)?

4. How about your player in the first round? How happy are you with their performance? What do they need to improve in the following rounds?

5. Saskatoon Wild, the top regular season team. Does it make them the favorites? How much stock do you put in regular season success, comes playoff time?

6. This round is a clash between the team with the best goalie and the hottest start in the league, and the regular season winning team. Do you think the winner of this series will be a serious favorite to win it all?

1 - Nerves were on edge all matches including the season and the playoffs.
2 - I'm sorry that I didn't make it to the finals (and didn't help win the finals) But I tried) You are a great team!
3 - I think I was not the mvp, I think the whole team is worthy, after such defeats, it costs a lot to get together and snatch a victory!
4 - You need to trust the team more and do everything above your capabilities, go beyond!
5 - They really strengthened in the middle of the season, moreover, very much. Especially protection
6 - A lot changes during any game, everything changes at the click.

• 2 weeks later...

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

Hello and welcome to all the new Houston Bulls players drafted from last night's S92 VHLM Dispersal Draft and to the players signed from waivers, welcome to this week's presser! I'm excited to get to know everyone a little bit better throughout the season and press conferences are a good tool for getting that information out of you all! Please answer each question in full sentences to your best ability.

Answer three questions for 1 capped TPE or six for 2 capped TPE!
For the Week Ending Jan 14th, here are your questions!

1.  Welcome to the VHLM! The first path to greatness in your player's so far, young career. Introduce yourself! What is your player's name and what is something about yourself or your player that you would publicly like to say?

2.  Welcome to Houston! What are your plans this season as a Bull? Have you set any goals for your player or the team to hit?

3.  How did the draft go? Were you drafted higher or lower than expected? Were you expecting to be drafted to Houston or by another team?

4.  The team is throwing a huge BBQ party to boost team chemistry and you are invited! Your requirement to come is you need to bring a dish for everyone to eat, what are you bringing to the table? 

5.  What type of build are you planning to make for your player? Sniper? Two-Way Defender?...

6.  Where do you predict Houston will place this season in the league? Last season we finished 2nd overall with 52 wins!

7. Do you have a favorite warm-up song? What song are you choosing before a game to get you dialed in?

8. When road trips hit, the flights and bus rides can be a bore, what movie should the team watch on the built in tv screens to pass the time by?

9. The team management would like to plan a vacation trip for the whole team and staff. Where is somewhere you have always wanted to go on vacation?

To claim TPE:

Go to the portal > Player > Manage > Claim Capped > Type > Press Conference

Thank you to everyone who participates in these pressers, I read all of your answers!

Let's Go Bulls!

Edited by AJW

answer to q #1 Hello I'm Nathan Ecker and I am a Right wing for Houston Bulls, my favourite food is either tacos or chicken caesar wraps.

answer to q #2 My plans as a Houston Bull this season is to have a solid performance to build a foundation for the rest of my career.

answer to q #3 I was not drafted but I was picked up as a waiver player shortly after the draft, I was not sure what teams were interested or who I would sign for but I am very confident that I have made the right choice to join Houston.

answer to q #4 If I was gonna bring something to a team bbq I would go Phil Kessel style and bring some hotdogs

answer to q #5 I am planning on making my player a playmaker who is fast with great passing and setup stats, good shooting, a bit of toughness, with alright defense.

answer to q #6 Houston will finish first this season

answer to q #7 There are a lot of good options but I would have to go with rock or metal, my go to would be 7 nation army but AC/DC songs are always great for getting pumped.

answer to q #8 on a road trip some good movies I would watch are the two goon movies, fast and furious movies, most sports movies and action movies probably.

answer to q #9 If we were to go on a team vacation I would choose the Netherlands because I have always wanted to go there and I am a quarter Dutch because my grandma is a Dutch immigrant, and its a free vacation why wouldn't I go to a place i have always wanted to go with the boys.

PLAYER

1.  I'm the new General Manager here!  It's a pleasure to fill out the team from scratch with a fresh batch of promising players.  What are your career plans for your player?

Well, I want to be the number-one league scorer in every league I join no matter how long it takes. I work hard and play with a big effort in both zones. I´m joining from a Czech U18 league with a promise of making it to the VHL.

2.  Let's talk about hockey.  What do you like the most about the sport?

Well, the thing I like the most is I can be myself. When I´m out there, I feel like I´m on the top of the World. I don´t have to think about anything other than hockey.

3.  Is there an NHL star player that you model your player after?  If so, who is it?

Well, I don´t have just one specific player. I would want my player to have a shot like Matthews. Skate like McDavid and hit as hard as Radko Gudas. But that is not possible at least yet. Hopefully I will grind my way there.

ME

4.  Which NHL team do you root for?  Which one can't you stand??

My favourite team was and always will be the Philadelphia Flyers. I started to root for them when I was as young as I can remember. I would say that it was because one of my all-time favourite players Jakub Voráček and Radko Gudas played there, but when I was younger I liked the unconventional colours. And their logo.

5.  IRL question:  How are you doing?  Are you a student in school, or working?  What's up in general with things in your life?

I am a high school student, I´m in my last year and at the moment my biggest fear is to pass the final exams. After that I would like to attend university and since I have highly above-average numeral thinking I would like to go to a technical university. I´m a very loving person, I have a part-time job as a shisha master at a hookah lounge. I love playing golf and football (soccer for those who don´t know which football is called that way, the other one is American :D).

6.  How much time do you dedicate to activity on the forums or discord to keep up with league activity?

I would like to at least check everything every day, but that might not be possible since it´s my last year of high school but I´ll try.

#1 Hi, everyone should know my name, it's Charles Losfeld. I'm from Quebec City, get ready to get hit with my 6'6" frame eh!

#2 My plans is to become a shutdown 2 Way D-man. I want to contribute offensively and be a stud on the defensive side. Surely, i want to bring home gold eh.

#3 Didn't have any expection, just glad to play for the Bulls eh.

#4 For the BBQ party i'm bringing some chicken wings and maybe some poutine eh.

#5 Like i said before, i want to be a 2Way D-man. That means i want to get some points, but i'll focus more on defence eh.

#6 Our goal is to finish 1st in the league. Everyone is on the same page eh.

#7 My favorite warmup song is Superhero (Heroes and Vilains) by Metro Boomin ft. Future and Chris Brown eh.

#8 Slapshot is a must on road trips. French version is better eh.

#9 I always wanted to go see Paris. My grandpa comes from here. Could be a beautiful trips with the boys eh.

1. Hi, I'm Cody Toland defenseman for the Houston Bulls. I'm excited for my first season in the league.
  2. My plans with the Bulls for this year is mainly to keep pucks from reaching our net and backing up our offensive line.
  3. I was picked up just after the draft I'm quite happy with the my spot the Bulls.
  4. Oh to the team BBQ I would have to bring my specialty, Buffalo Chicken Mac and Cheese.
  5. As a defender I'm looking to use my size to my advantage and protect the net... and maybe work my way to a few goals here and there.
  6. I think we'll come out on top this season. Teamwork is going to be the key to our success.
  7. Go-to warmup song has to be Kill or Be Killed by Spite.  
  8. I think there should be some classics on the TVs like the Godfather or Taxi Driver.
  9. I've always wanted to go to Hawaii, it looks like it would be so relaxing and what's better than that after a long season.

Thank you for having me on this press conference, I’ll try to answer each question as best as I can!

1.      My name is Ondrej Vencko (Ondra, for normal communicaton, hehe), I come from the Czech Republic and I play a goaltender. My career so far has been interesting, as you will soon get to know from my biography that I’m finishing. The most notable fact about me is that, apart from hockey, I love music, movies and art in general. I like going to galleries, but also writing poems, stories and I play bass guitar as well. In the offseason, you can find me at some rock/metal gigs.

2.      Well, this is my first season in the league in my life, so I don’t want to aim too high. But my expectations are to catch up with how things work around here and prove myself to the team, coach, GM and most importantly: to the fans. It is a pleasure being here.
And if the season ends with me giving signatures to the fans who will want it, it will be a great, great personal success of mine.

3.      Hehe, well, as I’ve joined „late“ (even though it is never too late to join the league, you, who are deciding whether to join or not to join, DO IT), I was not really drafted in a proper draft. Instead, I joined through the waivers. But Houston was my go to team. Especially because of the GM, whom I’ve met with shortly before the draft and he had a very positive effect on me. Really lovely guy, glad I can be in his team! (love ya, AJ)

4.      That is really tough.. A lot of people don’t eat meat nowadays, so you gotta keep it in mind..
Even though it is a BBQ after all.. I’d probably go for a fish done in the style of my home country.

5.      That would make a first sniper goaltender in history, right? Haha.
No, if I am serious, I’d like to be a quick goalie (especially like Johnathan in 2012, hehe) with reliable reflexes and encouraging nature, to boost my teammates from the back, sort of.

6.      Whoa, I entered a dynasty, then! Heh.
Well, if we could replicate the last season’s success, that would be awesome. I believe the team is ready to do so without me, but I will try as much as I can to help achieve it.

7.      I have a song that answers both of these questions:
Psycho by Muse.

8.      I don’t think I am the right person to decide, as I usually fall asleep, no matter what the mean of transport is, heh.
But given that I stay awake, by some weird coincidence, I would go for Snatch, Fight Club or anything by Tarantino.

9.      That would be New Zealand or Iceland. But my gf would love to go to the New Zealand with me, and Iceland is cold.. Let’s go with Sardinia!

Thank you for your questions. It was a lovely time answering them!

See you on another one of those,

LET’S GO BULLS!

-        Ondra

1. My name is Trimiskez Artav. I am a Right Winger. My goal is to be the greatest right-winger I can be.
2. I want to make it deep into the playoffs and reach 200 tpe.
3. I was drafted lower than I expected. I was among the highest tpe players in the draft, so I did not expect to fall that far.
4. I'll bring some nice Buffalo Wings to the team barbecue.
5. I am planning on being a sniper. I want to score the most points possible.
6. Going for a championship. We have many great players and I am confident in this team.

That wraps this up. Go HOUSTON BULLS!

- Trimiskez Artav

1.  Introduce yourself! What is your player's name and what is something about yourself or your player that you would publicly like to say?

First of all, thanks for having me! My name is Lucy Leitner and I’m proud to be wearing Bulls colors this year.  Being from Houston myself, it’s an absolute thrill to be signed with my home town team. I can’t wait to get this season going!

2.  What are your plans this season as a Bull? Have you set any goals for your player or the team to hit?

I’m here to contribute to the team’s success in any way I can and develop my own skills in the process.  It’s my dream to play in the VHL someday, but for now my focus is on Bulls hockey and helping this team every night.  It would be incredible to win a league title here in Houston, so in terms of goals, that would probably be first on the list.

3.  The team is throwing a huge BBQ party to boost team chemistry and you are invited! Your requirement to come is you need to bring a dish for everyone to eat, what are you bringing to the table? 

That’s a good question!  I mean, I’ll probably get chirped for this, but I’m bringing something green, maybe like asparagus or Brussels sprouts. *laughs* I know it’s a BBQ and it’s not really supposed to be healthy food, but I always like having vegetables on the side and I’m pretty sure no one else is bringing them so… 

4.  What type of build are you planning to make for your player? 

I take pride in my defensive game and I think it’s important that any defender worth their salt can actually do just that…defend.  That being said, I like to chip in offensively and join the rush.  I think I’ve got decent skating fundamentals as well so I hope to build on that foundation to become a player that plays with pace both up and down the ice.

5. Do you have a favorite warm-up song? What song are you choosing before a game to get you dialed in? 

I’m probably a bit of a weirdo with my music tastes, but a song that gets me going for warm up is Kill v. Maim by Grimes.  Lately, though, I’ve been listening to a lot of Polyphia so maybe Ego Death ft. Steve Vai as an honourable mention. 

6. When road trips hit, the flights and bus rides can be a bore, what movie should the team watch on the built in tv screens to pass the time by?

Ghost in the Shell, 1995.  That’s one of my favorites and I’d love my teammates who haven’t seen it to give it a watch.  It’s not the longest movie though so maybe for those longer road trips I’d recommend Watchmen, 2009, (The Ultimate Cut).  

7. The team management would like to plan a vacation trip for the whole team and staff. Where is somewhere you have always wanted to go on vacation?

Hmm, a lot of people might plan a trip to the beach somewhere where you can just kick back and chill, drink in hand. *laughs* I don’t know, I’m just not as interested in that idea, so if it’s up to me, we’re going to Japan.  I’ve never been, but it’s near the top of my list and I just think it would be a super interesting place to visit for fun, just really get immersed in the culture.  Plus, I'm sure there’s a beach there somewhere for those who would rather just chill.

8.  Finally, where do you predict Houston will place this season in the league? Last season we finished 2nd overall with 52 wins! 

I mean, why not 1st? It’s a long season and of course the roster changes and what not, but I’m bullish on this team to improve on last season…get it? Bull-ish… I’m sorry, I’ll see myself out.

12 hours ago, AJW said:

Q1. My name is Nathan Schwartz and I’m exciting to help this team win some games and help my teammates grow and fulfill the dream of playing in the vhl

Q2. My plans with the bulls this season is to win the VHLM championship and nothing less, personally I would like to lead the league in points

Q3. I went undrafted but I am extremely grateful for the opportunity given to me by the Houston organization and I’m ready to prove all the teams wrong who passed on me in the draft 

Q4. To the team Barbecue I’m bringing my old man’s signature dry rub ribs

Q5. I’m hoping to develop as a playmaking center, using my speed and vision to set up my guys

Q6. This season the Houston Bulls are gonna finish in first place

On 1/8/2024 at 4:36 AM, AJW said:

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

Hello and welcome to all the new Houston Bulls players drafted from last night's S92 VHLM Dispersal Draft and to the players signed from waivers, welcome to this week's presser! I'm excited to get to know everyone a little bit better throughout the season and press conferences are a good tool for getting that information out of you all! Please answer each question in full sentences to your best ability.

1.  Welcome to the VHLM! The first path to greatness in your player's so far, young career. Introduce yourself! What is your player's name and what is something about yourself or your player that you would publicly like to say?

2.  Welcome to Houston! What are your plans this season as a Bull? Have you set any goals for your player or the team to hit?

3.  How did the draft go? Were you drafted higher or lower than expected? Were you expecting to be drafted to Houston or by another team?

4.  The team is throwing a huge BBQ party to boost team chemistry and you are invited! Your requirement to come is you need to bring a dish for everyone to eat, what are you bringing to the table? 

5.  What type of build are you planning to make for your player? Sniper? Two-Way Defender?...

6.  Where do you predict Houston will place this season in the league? Last season we finished 2nd overall with 52 wins!

7. Do you have a favorite warm-up song? What song are you choosing before a game to get you dialed in?

8. When road trips hit, the flights and bus rides can be a bore, what movie should the team watch on the built in tv screens to pass the time by?

9. The team management would like to plan a vacation trip for the whole team and staff. Where is somewhere you have always wanted to go on vacation?

To claim TPE:

Thank you to everyone who participates in these pressers, I read all of your answers!

Let's Go Bulls!

1. Miner. I'm just a minor character.

2. I am the super bot forward. I'm twice as strong as the next best bot forward out there :)

3. I was a free pick, AJ definitely picked me too high ;)

4. The best vHLers have to offer, diamonds. A miner specialty :) 

5. All around bot, undisclosed

6. Sorry for bringing down the team, we only got 1st place.

On 1/8/2024 at 7:36 AM, AJW said:

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

To claim TPE:

Let's Go Bulls!

1 my player is Chris Reynolds Jr and his dad has his number retired by Warsaw so the kid has some big shoes to fill 

2. My goal is to help Houston win a championship 

3. Lower then I expected but I wasn’t surprised to be drafted by a team that never scouted me 

4. gotta bring some chicken wings 

5. I’m going for a sniper who’s responsible in his own zone 

6. I think we’ll finish 2nd or 3rd in the league 

Edited by Crstats23

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

Hello and welcome to this week's Houston Bulls Presser! One week through the VHLM already wow. It's flying by and the Bulls have already played 10 games so far, lots more to play though! Please answer each question to your best ability.

Answer three questions for 1 capped TPE or six for 2 capped TPE!
For the Week Ending Jan 21th, here are your questions!

1.  Houston after 1 week: 4-4-2, 4th in the Western Conference. Does our current record reflect the rest of the season?

2.  How has your player performed through these first 10 games?

3.  Team Bonding Opportunity!: Ondrej Vencko @Mutti is our well known drug addict. We need to hop the border from Texas to Mexico, what vehicle are we cruising in to partake in illegal activities?

4.  @Nathan_8 was announced this week as Houston's newest AGM. Do you have any words of advice for Nathan? Anything you would like to say?

5.  Our captain Trimiskez Artav @jake  and our assistant captain Chris Reynolds Jr @Crstats23 lead the team with 7 goals each. In a 72 game season, how many goals will the two end up with? My guess is around 45-50 goals for each of them. How many goals will your player end with?

6.  I am deciding to drop everything I have and run! The mafia has caught up to me and Houston needs a new GM now. You have been chosen to fill my spot! As GM of the Houston Bulls what is the first thing you do?

To claim TPE:

Go to the portal > Player > Manage > Claim Capped > Type > Press Conference

Let's Go Bulls!

giphy.gif

PLAYER:

I won´t bring a dish. Since I´m from Czechia, you know what I´m bringing. The best beer. It´s even better since Pilsner Urqell is produced in Pilsen and that´s my birthtown.

PLAYER::

I don´t know yet. I wanna be useful at both ends of the puck. At the moment I´m focusing on shooting and passing + skating. But once I have that a bit better I wanna focus on the defensive side of the puck more.

PLAYER:

Play-off spot, it doesn´t matter if we´re first or fourth I think we will give anyone a run for their money. At least I know we´re capable of doing that.

7. Do you have a favourite warm-up song? What song are you choosing before a game to get you dialled in?

PLAYER:

Almost all of them are Czech. But some of them aren´t. From the top of my head, I can think of Dior by POP SMOKE.

8. When road trips hit, the flights and bus rides can be a bore, what movie should the team watch on the built-in TV screens to pass the time by?

PLAYER:

Well, there are many great films but I think it might be better to watch a TV series. Two and a half man seems like a good option since I never met someone who didn´t like it.

PLAYER:

Well, I´ve always wanted to go to Okinawa. Birthplace of karate. Why? I´m a huge fan of Karate Kid and Cobra Kai. And would like to try learning karate myself once I retire.

Edited by FiZi

1 hour ago, AJW said:

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

Hello and welcome to this week's Houston Bulls Presser! One week through the VHLM already wow. It's flying by and the Bulls have already played 10 games so far, lots more to play though! Please answer each question to your best ability.

1.  Houston after 1 week: 4-4-2, 4th in the Western Conference. Does our current record reflect the rest of the season?

3.  Team Bonding Opportunity!: Ondrej Vencko @Mutti is our well known drug addict. We need to hop the border from Texas to Mexico, what vehicle are we cruising in to partake in illegal activities?

4.  @Nathan_8 was announced this week as Houston's newest AGM. Do you have any words of advice for Nathan? Anything you would like to say?

5.  Our captain Trimiskez Artav @jake  and our assistant captain Chris Reynolds Jr @Crstats23 lead the team with 7 goals each. In a 72 game season, how many goals will the two end up with? My guess is around 45-50 goals for each of them. How many goals will your player end with?

6.  I am deciding to drop everything I have and run! The mafia has caught up to me and Houston needs a new GM now. You have been chosen to fill my spot! As GM of the Houston Bulls what is the first thing you do?

To claim TPE:

Let's Go Bulls!

1. After week one our current record does not reflect our team or our future for this season as we just haven't been able to put our great performances together night in and night out.

2. My player has preformed decent but not up to the standards I'm expecting.

3. I would choose the older Toyota Hilux like seen in that one episode of top gear as it is indestructible but we would need to mod it to make it more capable of outrunning whomever they send after us.

4. Im very happy to be Houstons AGM and if I had any advice I would say listen to AJ.

5. I did the math for this in my last media spot and I would say 50.4 goals.

6. As I am the AGM alredy I would just continue on doing things the same way that AJ does them.

1)      I believe the record does not reflect the rest of the season. We added on some good defenders, and I feel we can get the team rolling.

2)      Abenduct has done better than expected. I am excited for how he will perform the rest of season.

3)      I feel we should take a rock drill vehicle. They wouldn’t be able to see us cross.

4)      Absorb as much as you can from AJ. Congrats and good luck, we all got your back.

5)      I feel Artav will lead the team in goals with 52. Reynolds Jr is more of a two-way player so I feel he will end with like 43 goals. I feel my player will end up with 5. I already have 2 so everything else is gravy.

6)      The first thing I would do as GM is hire you back. All kidding aside, I would just keep the team spirits up and just have a good time. We have a great clubhouse.

I don't believe so... I mean, I hope not! It's honestly not awful considering how many of us are rookies and still getting used to playing in this league, but I would hope that by the end of the year we're going to be a lot more competitive as we continue to develop and gain experience. 

Been on a bit of a nice run of form to start the season! 15 points in 10 games is way more than I expected to be getting so I can't complain.  Though the PIMs are a little concerning.  Apparently I'm an absolute goon, haha!

3.  Team Bonding Opportunity!: Ondrej Vencko @Mutti is our well known drug addict. We need to hop the border from Texas to Mexico, what vehicle are we cruising in to partake in illegal activities?

Oh, that's an easy one!  An El Camino.  I think it's kind of a self-explanatory choice.  I feel like nothing good ever happens in the back of an El Camino...

He's been a great addition to the front office!  He's very active in the locker room and he's been a great teammate so far.  I have no advice for someone who's doing as good a job as he is, and it's not like I would know better anyway.  All I'd like to say is thanks @Nathan_8, you've been a big part of making this team a fun place to play so far this year!

5.  Our captain Trimiskez Artav @jake  and our assistant captain Chris Reynolds Jr @Crstats23 lead the team with 7 goals each. In a 72 game season, how many goals will the two end up with? My guess is around 45-50 goals for each of them. How many goals will your player end with?

I'm going to predict they both hit 50 goals for a nice round 100. That would be incredible, and I think possible!  As for me, lol, I'll be lucky if I ever score again shooting at 4.17%.  But hey, who doesn't like a good muffin?

What?! NO! Is the mafia wearing green by chance-- or red and white?  I knew I shouldn't have said anything about those Greenlanders... You can't leave us! 😭 
If this was happening, I'd probably demand that Artav reclaim his American citizenship and I would never draft another Greenlander again...in this hypothetical scenario, that is.  Greenland good, Greenland great, Greenland green.  

...I've probably said too much 👀...

Edited by LucyXpher

Out current record does not reflect on the rest of the season, I know we’re gonna get going we just need to find some consistency.

Through the first 10 games I am disappointed with my performance, I know I can turn things around but I haven’t been producing as well as I know I can.

If we’re going to rescue Mutti in Mexico we’re definitely cruising in a Porsche 911 GT3 RS, it’s luxurious and fast enough to escape from the cartels.

1.) I don't think that the record thus far represents our season as a whole. There is a whole lot more development to be done by each of us, and with that should translate to a better overall outcome.

2.)  10 games down this season my player has 2 assists 28 hits and 14 blocked shots. That being said some energy should be channeled into offensive play while still maintaining the current defensive effort.

3.) I think the proper vehicle would have to be just as crazy as the activities therefore I would have to choose a 1989 Ford Centurion Sleeper Van (think half truck half van). Just the right amount of weird with the ability to fit as (many drugs) much cargo as we may need.  

4.) I would like to congratulate Nathan as he seems to be right for the role. Always in the locker room chatting with the boys and making sure we know whats going on. 

5.) I think you may be right on that call at the 50 mark but I'd like to say they'll make it higher maybe put up 55-60 on the season.

6.) Well, if I were in that position I would have to step up and lead the organization of course, with no prior management experience that may be a rough ride I think.   

7 hours ago, AJW said:

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

To claim TPE:

Let's Go Bulls!

1.  Having only just joined the team, but two games ago, I don't want to say anything that would be out of my range of knowledge. I do have comments on it though and I would have to say that I think it won't represent the rest of the season. At least, I would hope that this is only a false start and everyone including me, especially, will get ourselves situated into our roles in the lineup and turn the tide around like our last 2 games.

2.  As I said, I just joined the team as a waiver and has only played two games, but so far, I'm happy with how I am performing with

1G-2Pts with a +3 as a recruit. I can only hope my next 7 goes well and I can then reflect on my actual 10 first games. As of now though, I'm more than happy.

3.  Team Bonding Opportunity!: Ondrej Vencko @Mutti is our well known drug addict. We need to hop the border from Texas to Mexico, what vehicle are we cruising in to partake in illegal activities?

3.  I'd say we should be taking the team bus but also add a second vehicle with a few of the players in it to go through the checkpoint before the bus and they make sure to look and act as suspectful as possible without having anything actually incriminating against them. All that would force the border guards to inspect them and waste time and by seeing a bus of hockey players crossing right behind could decide to do a quick superficial inspection without going in depth allowing everything to across undetected.

4.  I can't really give him any good advice as I'm still a recruit in this whole entire league, but the one thing I could probably say is to make sure to not over-burden himself with his new task and take it one step a time. Also, I'm going to add a quick personal comment, I hope I'll be able to make the management of this team happy to have selected me.

5.  Our captain Trimiskez Artav @jake  and our assistant captain Chris Reynolds Jr @Crstats23 lead the team with 7 goals each. In a 72 game season, how many goals will the two end up with? My guess is around 45-50 goals for each of them. How many goals will your player end with?

5.  Of course, I can only hope our team leadership gets a league record in goals this season, but more realistically I think any player is going to have a slower pace at one point in the season and they should aim for the area between 40 to 45 goals. For myself though, I have much more conservative hopes and if I could reach 25 on the season I'd be more than happy.

6.  First thing I would personally do if I ended up as the new GM that way, would probably have a light panic attack about my situation before going into an over fixation on finding out what is every task an actual GM has to do. I don't think I'd be able to take on the position anytime soon even if it was a life or death situation.

Edited by Mystery_boy98

18 hours ago, AJW said:

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

To claim TPE:

Let's Go Bulls!

1. Nope, we had a terrible start to the season, we're a playoff team. Believe it. 

2. Could be a lot better, I was expecting a much better outing for the super bot miner. Those extra states (1's) are affecting miner's ability to perform as an ideal super bot.

3. tesla, fastest getaway car (highest acceleration)

4. just sit back and wait to win, that's what I did when I won my first (non-player) cup

5. 50 is a good safe bet. Miner is a minor character, would be incredible if miner got 10 goals

6. I will swap all the lines upside down, sometimes playing your best the least pays wonders

Seeing our record as what it stands at now, I'd have to say not even a little bit lol

Late addition, so I've only played in one sim thus far, but a goal in both showings! Fair to say I've enjoyed my . . . well, my first and only day on the squad

A septic tank cleaner truck - or as an alternative, a garbage truck. I don't think anyone is gonna want to get too close to either of those . . . perfect to hide our nefarious acts! 

Congratulations! I'm very new here (to be fair, I'm newer to the team than you are, lol), so not much to say, but very awesome to have you!

Yikes, I don't know all too much about hockey, truth be told. In a 200 something game season, though, where the two have 7 already . . . assuming a that many games per season with that many goals, I'd have to guess roughly 28 given the same production? Yeah, probably a terrible guess - but I suppose I'm no mathematician and I know very little about hockey 🤣 However, I'm positive the two players will continue to develop over time and continue to score even more, so I'll go ahead and take your guess of roughly 45-50 goals each.

Immediately retire and appoint someone else. That, or let it ride - this team is beautifully orchestrated and I'm sure the team would be just fine letting it coast after all the work you've put into the team. Though, with your efforts, we'll be even better than 'just fine' I'm sure lol