Houston Bulls Press Conference

mattyIceman

On 6/18/2023 at 11:33 AM, Triller said:

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

Hello and welcome fellow Bulls to this weeks presser!  I am hoping to get to know you and your players and what your thoughts are on the season as we go!  Be sure to give me more than couple word answers as I love to read and also to appease our updater overlords!

Answer three questions for 1 capped TPE or all six for 2 capped TPE!
For the Week Ending June 25th, here are your questions!

1.  After the first few games, if there anything the team needs to focus on?

2.  AJ and I always pick our Captains and Assistants. Do you prefer a vote or for the GMs to pick?

3.  You are the locker room DJ. What are you playing to try and keep everyone amped up or even just happy with the music selection?

4.  If the VHLM added an expansion team, where would you put it and what would the team name be?

5.  Which team in the league would you want to be a GM or AGM for?

6.  What is a hobby that you would like to get into some day?

Thank you to everyone who participate in these pressers!  I always appreciated reading your answers!

Let's Go Bulls!

1. We need to work on winning all of our games and avoid losing.

2. I trust you guys to make the correct call, don't really trust the reliability of a team vote.

3. Its impossible to please everyone so I'll just be playing my own taste of music. I'm the dj anyway.

4. Columbus Crushers, need an Ohio team here since the Jackets can't bring happiness irl.

5. Don't want to be a GM or AGM anywhere really.

6. Lifting, keep getting destroyed by injuries.

On 6/18/2023 at 11:33 AM, Triller said:

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

Hello and welcome fellow Bulls to this weeks presser!  I am hoping to get to know you and your players and what your thoughts are on the season as we go!  Be sure to give me more than couple word answers as I love to read and also to appease our updater overlords!

For the Week Ending June 25th, here are your questions!

1.  After the first few games, if there anything the team needs to focus on?

2.  AJ and I always pick our Captains and Assistants. Do you prefer a vote or for the GMs to pick?

3.  You are the locker room DJ. What are you playing to try and keep everyone amped up or even just happy with the music selection?

4.  If the VHLM added an expansion team, where would you put it and what would the team name be?

5.  Which team in the league would you want to be a GM or AGM for?

6.  What is a hobby that you would like to get into some day?

Thank you to everyone who participate in these pressers!  I always appreciated reading your answers!

Let's Go Bulls!

1) not really as we've been playing great so far.  We just need to keep it going.

2) l prefer letting the GMs pick, especially at this level where teams are together for a lot less time.

3) I think it would definitely have to be a mix of all different types of music and it depends on what is needed at the time.

4) I will agree with omniscius and say Montreal as it's a great hockey city.  Go with Montreal Poutine.

5) I don't have any interest in management, just want to be a player.

6) maybe gardening.  My wife's nonno plants a garden in our backyard as they live a street over and I just water it basically.  Would like to know how to do it 

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

For the Week Ending July 2nd, here are your questions!

1.  With a few games under our belt, is your player performing as expected?

2.  Has your player developed any chemistry in the LR or on the ice with any teammates?

3.  We have yet to play Mexico this season and they look to be our biggest competition in the West.  How do you think we stack up against them?

4.  What is something you think the VHL is missing?

5.  It is the NHL off season at the moment.  Do you watch the free agent frenzy, awards or the draft?

6.  How long would water have to sit out in a water bottle before you would no longer drink it?

Let's Go Bulls!

30 minutes ago, Triller said:

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

2.  Has your player developed any chemistry in the LR or on the ice with any teammates?

3.  We have yet to play Mexico this season and they look to be our biggest competition in the West.  How do you think we stack up against them?

5.  It is the NHL off season at the moment.  Do you watch the free agent frenzy, awards or the draft?

6.  How long would water have to sit out in a water bottle before you would no longer drink it?

Let's Go Bulls!

1. Well, he's contributing so I did expect that much. I am a bit surprised by how inconsistent he is, however, as long as the team is winning and he is contributing, I don't have too much to complain about. We've got a hella deep team and it's great.

2. It's great having fellow rookie Martin Kemp with Raimo because Kemp is a natural scorer and Raimo is just sorta doing whatever. It's awesome to see Raimo with Grunkle and Kemp.

3. I think we stack up fine against them. I have confidence in this team and we're doing so well even though most of us aren't maxed out. When we are all maxed out as the season continues, it'll definitely be interesting to see. As of now, I think we stack up against Mexico City just fine.

4. One thing I think the VHL is missing is Asian city teams. That would be fun. Also, I'm a bit biased considering I'm asian myself.

5. As a Flames fan, I'm keeping an eye on the free agent frenzy but also the draft. I have a feeling we may be seeing a few trades (mostly players leaving Calgary) during the draft, if Conroy is anything like Brad Treliving.

6. I would say 2 days tops if left uncovered. If it is covered though, I'd probably say about a week. Usually if I don't taste anything weird in the water, I'll drink it regardless.

1 hour ago, Triller said:

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

Let's Go Bulls!

1. Not really, no. I was expecting a bit more offensive production. I'm content with how it's going though, he's scoring some points and getting lots of hits. 

2. Not really any one person in particular, the whole squad has pretty good chemistry. 

3. We stack up well against everyone, I'm not too worried about Mexico. 

4. I'm pretty easy to please but I think VHL is pretty good how it is. There's a reason I chose to come back to only this sim league out of all the ones I used to be in. 

5. I pay attention to any news about the Red Wings, but I don't follow the off season too closely. 

6. Probably longer than I should admit. As long as it doesn't smell or taste weird, I'll drink it. 

23 hours ago, Triller said:

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

1.  Started the season white hot but cooled off pretty quickly. Would love to pick that pace back up

2.  I feel like i get along with everyone everywhere in the LR and on the ice

3.  Bulls > Everyone! were goin all the way! (Dont quote me on this if everything goes down hill)

4.  An App. that would make it so much easier to keep up with it seeing the notifications on my homescreen rather than going to the homepage and logging in

5.  I watch it all! im not excited to see the Jets trade away the entirety of our core for a bunch of picks and do absolutely nothing with those too! it sucks being a jets fan

6.  As long as its not in the sun and I know its my bottle, a week is the limit

Let's Go Bulls!

On 6/25/2023 at 3:32 PM, Triller said:

1. jeb has recently been on a nice scoring streak, and he is contributing defensively so I am absolutely thrilled with his performance.

2. big doinks has slowly been catching on so i would like to think that i have, yes.

3. i have faith in the lads. we're only getting stronger so it's going to be even tougher for them once we finally match up.

4. i recently found mubblefubbles capped tpe calculator and the way it suggests tasks to do based on what you've earned is something i would love to see implemented into the portal somehow.

5. i usually keep up with most of the big trades/free agent moves through social media. awards i don't really care about, and i'll usually catch at least the first 10 picks of the draft.

6. like in a plastic bottle? i wouldn't be caught dead drinking out of one of those anyways. reusable water bottle for life.

1.  With a few games under our belt, is your player performing as expected?

Well I'm approaching this from a Moscow perspective, but I guess Voss has started OK. Not spectacular but hopefully he continues to improve.

2.  Has your player developed any chemistry in the LR or on the ice with any teammates?

I'll always have chemistry with my teammates because I'm a real LR guy. Being a Houston Alumni also means I'll be linked to the Bulls forever.

3.  We have yet to play Mexico this season and they look to be our biggest competition in the West.  How do you think we stack up against them?

Meh, how good could Mexicans be at Hockey? I think the Bulls destroy them.

4.  What is something you think the VHL is missing?

Good question. I'll go with an Australian expansion franchise(any level!) 😄

5.  It is the NHL off season at the moment.  Do you watch the free agent frenzy, awards or the draft?

Unfortunately I'm not really into real life Hockey. I wish I was but haven't truly sat down for extended viewing.

6.  How long would water have to sit out in a water bottle before you would no longer drink it?

24 hours although it would depend if it's a survival situation. If so, I'd stretch to 36 maybe ha.

On 6/25/2023 at 3:32 PM, Triller said:

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

Let's Go Bulls!

1. At the moment, my player is exceeding my expectations. Hopefully he can stay in the top-10 for goals.

2. Yeah we're all blood brothers.

3. Most overrated hockey team in the West conference located in Mexico.

4. A graphics competition. We haven't had one of those in a while.

5. I watch absolutely none of it. It is kinda mind boggling how low NHL contracts are compared to other major sports though.

6. I'm not that opposed to warm water but after a few hours I feel gross drinking it and it feels stale.

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

For the Week Ending July 9th, here are your questions!

1.  We are fighting for top spot in the West, do we take it by the end of the regular season?

2.  For game day, does your player come to the rink looking fly?

3.  As soon as your player gets that VHL cheddar, what is their first purchase?

4.  Do you prefer being on a team of mostly recreates or of first gens?

5. As a waiver player, why did you choose to join the teams you chose?  For past players too if you got em!

6.  What is the worst movie you have ever seen in theatre?

Let's Go Bulls!

On 7/2/2023 at 1:19 PM, Triller said:

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

1.  Absolutely we do, we’ll get all the cylinders firing here shortly and then were laughing! (Dont quote me on this if it goes tits up)

2.  Straight AM34 Style! Fly as a Mfer!

3.  Probably a decent set of golf clubs or a trophy case to hold all the awards he’s going to win

4.  A good mix if both is important i’d say. You need the veteran presence for sure but the new guys bring alot of the excitement to the room

5. When i was a waiver pick up last season in Houston I picked them because my buddy told me that i was going to get an offer from the GM there and he was a stellar dude and could really help me learn the ropes

6.  Probably the new Winnie the pooh horror movie. The movie was entertaining but in a “this looks aweful, why not” way.

Let's Go Bulls!

On 7/2/2023 at 3:19 PM, Triller said:

1.  We are fighting for top spot in the West, do we take it by the end of the regular season?

5. As a waiver player, why did you choose to join the teams you chose?  For past players too if you got em!

1. of course we do! the adversity we are facing now is only making us stronger.

2. not at all. sweatpants are worn at all times, and then depending on the weather its either a t-shirt or a hoodie to complete the fit.

3. doinks. so many doinks. every room in the house will be full of doinks.

4. i'm honestly not bothered by the amount of either on whichever team i'm on. i like having some friends on the team, but i also love making new friends so i'm happy either way.

5. my recreates always tend to go to wherever my friends are, this is the first time i've had a recreate play all of the season in their waiver season so i'm excited to see where the draft takes me.

6. this may be a bit of a hot take, but the first avatar movie bored me so much that i just left midway through.

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

Let's Go Bulls!

1. Not sure if Philly is in our conference but if they aren't then yeah we can.

2. He wears his full game uniform all day and to the game, skates included.

3. Some great health insurance.

4. I don't have a particular preference, as long as the team is decently active I'm good.

5. There were only two options available and Fonz told me to join the Marlins.

6. Cocaine Bear has gotta be the best and the worst.

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

Let's Go Bulls!

1. I believe we do, yes. The TPE will keep climbing and we'll get over the hump soon and destroy everyone.

2. No, he's never been into fashion. Clothes are clothes.

3. Probably a new vehicle of some kind.

4. I don't typically pay attention to whether people are recreates or first-gen. Ideally there should be a good mixture of both. 

5. When I first created my player I chose Philly because I had a won a championship with them back in S66.

6. Eternals. I don't like Marvel movies in general, but I especially remember disliking that one. 

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

For the Week Ending July 16th, here are your questions!

1.  We made a trade!  Harjen Van Araken and Jason Lajeunesse Jr for Walter Fitzroy Jr.  Do you think we made a good move?

2.  Our roster is now set for the rest of the season!  What do you think?

3.  What did you think of theme week this season?  Commissioner for a Day!

4.  Walter Fitzroy Jr is new to the LR, what shenanigans does your player warn him about?

5.  Does your player prefer a hard-nosed coach or a more relaxed coach?

6.  What is something you consider yourself bad at that is kind of important?

Let's Go Bulls!

1 hour ago, Triller said:

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

1.  I think on paper its a great lateral move! Another maxed player for the squad? yes please! Thats not even mentioning the ABSOLUTE DAWWWWWWG were getting on the blue line!

2.  All the way this time! No sweep this season

3.  I dont really particicpate in theme week yet so i dont have a real opinion but at a glance its a pretty good theme and theres alot of stuff you can write about

4.  Warned him about the 2 rules. Rule 1 Don't touch my Percocets and Rule 2 Do you have any Percocets?

5.  Definitely a more relaxed coach. Tough love and discipline work to a point but you get more flies with honey than vinegar

6.  Breathing! fun fact im allergic to pretty much anything so my nose is alwasy plugged and im a mouth breather because of it

Let's Go Bulls!

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

Let's Go Bulls!

1) yes we are playing great our team keeps developing and we should have more capped players by the end.

2) Nope, very business causal for him.  None of this crazy suits.

3) a nice new car but nothing too extravagant l.

4) I don't care either way, just want a great team.

5) my last player was a teammate of ajw with the bears and he asked me if I was interested.  Was an easy yes.

6) I don't even remember what the last movie I saw in theatres so couldn't tell you the worst lol.

18 hours ago, Triller said:

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

1.  We made a trade!  Harjen Van Araken and Jason Lajeunesse Jr for Walter Fitzroy Jr.  Do you think we made a good move?

4.  Walter Fitzroy Jr is new to the LR, what shenanigans does your player warn him about?

Let's Go Bulls!

1) a great move as we got another solid max player to help us try and win a cup. The depth we lost can hopefully be replaced by waivers.

2) I think we have a great team,alot of max players that play great together.

3) I liked it as I actually participated this year.  The last few I didn't do so was a good one in my books.

4) our crazy pregame routine which he will need to learn.

5) a relaxed coach as we can work together.  A hard nosed coach has a short shelf life and rather have someone who will be with us for long term.

6) I am horrible at public speaking and writing creatively, luckily I don't really need that as an accountant.

On 7/9/2023 at 1:10 PM, Triller said:

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

Let's Go Bulls!

1. I guess time will tell, but I believe in management and will be excited to see what Fitzroy Jr. can add to this roster.

2. I think we're the best in the league!

3. I don't want to be a commissioner, no thank you. That seems like too much responsibility for me.

4. Be care of @dylanjj37 and his shenanigans. He can be a handful sometimes.

5. I think it's important to have a balance of both. You need to be able to push your athletes and get the best out of them, but they are also human beings that need support to be at their best. I want to be challenged, but I don't understand coaches who run their players into the ground or humiliate them guise under "tough love." @AJW is a great coach, although maybe he should be pushing me a bit more to be better ;)

6. Time management. Sometimes I can get really caught up in what I'm doing and lose track of time. I regularly am rushing because of it. Luckily, my teammates and coaches have been there to keep me in check!

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

Let's Go Bulls!

1. Yes, I think adding another strong defender was a solid move. 

2. It seems like we are set up for success, probably about as strong of a roster as you can get in the M.

3. I think it was a cool idea, but I ended up not being able to come up with an idea for it before my laziness got the best of me and I claimed that sweet sweet welfare.

4. All I can say is I hope you like doinks.

5. There needs to be a good combination of both to be fully effective.

6. Interacting with other humans. Doing basic adult things. Existing, basically. 

On 7/9/2023 at 10:10 AM, Triller said:

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

Let's Go Bulls!

1. Forgive me as I have recently come back from a long break but I think it's a good trade, got four great Defensemen and Moon is a great guy!

2. Ya.... about that.... have you seen me?

3. It's good, funny enough I think I typed up a MS some time ago that would have worked perfectly for theme week.

4. Well..... considering I'm even newer to it, he should be telling me what to beware of XD

5. Relaxed coach, I'm hard enough on myself, I don't need a coach digging me into the ground when I mess up.

6. Probably need to stay in touch better with people, I'm really bad at that.

1. we made a great move, moon is awesome! our defence is looking incredible and that is a solid foundation to build upon.

2. i think things are looking amazing. we have depth, we have talent, and we have doinks. what more could you want?

3. i liked it a lot! the community came up with some good, and some not so good ideas.

4. nothing major. the locker room is pretty chill on account of the massive amount of doinks going around.

5. i would say definitely a more relaxed coach. the motivation to perform and play is not achieved by being a dick to me.

6. probably being indecisive? i can be pretty wishy washy when it comes to that.

On 7/9/2023 at 11:10 AM, Triller said:

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

Let's Go Bulls!

1. Glad to have Moon on our side and it's always a W to build upon our defense. This team is shaping up to be real good!

2. I think our roster is damn great and it's just a matter of seeing how the rest of the season goes. This is a good group of guys and I'm excited to finish strong.

3. It was a really fun one to do. Of course, I don't think any of my Unhinged Hockey League ideas will be applied unfortunately, which is a real shame.

4. Raimo Tuominen would probably warn Walter about stuff that doesn't even happen. Just to see what happens.

5. Relaxed coach. Probably one like Erkka Westerlund that is player focused and uses the input from players to help build around his own ideas.

6. Organization. My goodness, I have terrible organization skills. My backpacks are all a clusterfunk of a bunch of random things and my desk drawer isn't much better.

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

For the Week Ending July 23rd, here are your questions!

1.  12 games left in the regular season!  What is our record going to be in those last 12 games?

2.  We are currently sitting at 200 goals for as a team!  What will we end the regular season with?

3.  Where do you want to be drafted to and if you are already drafted, are you excited to join your draft team?

4.  Our very own Xiver Zilla is 6th overall in goals, does he top the chart by the end of the season?

5.  By the end of the week we will be heading into the playoffs!  Does your player have any playoff rituals?

6.  Each player on the team gets their own intro music, what is yours?

Let's Go Bulls!

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

Let's Go Bulls!

1. Jason Lajeunesse went inactive on me in another league so this is an A+ trade

2. It's ring SZN

3. It's interesting, definitely geared more towards people who: a. know a bit about the VHL and b. write articles. Despite my shortcomings there I think I did alright with it

4. The hazing goes crazy in Houston, team's gonna be under investigation soon 🔥

5. Probably a hard-nosed to keep his progress straight

6. Cooking, need to get better at it