Houston Bulls Press Conference

mattyIceman

On 7/11/2022 at 4:25 PM, ajwllmsn said:

Presser!

1. We’re a little over halfway through the season, how do you think the team is performing?

2. How has your player been doing?

3. Who has been the team MVP so far?

4. What do we need to do more of to climb the standings?

5. What do we need to do less of?

6. Do you prefer breakfast lunch or dinner? Why?

@l1l KRZY l9l @ShawnGlade @ThePerfectNut @Big Newff @izaak @TMGSosa @glass @Gage2 @Bruh @KzooJohn

1. We’re on a good run keeping pace for second in our conference , we keep it up we’ll catch Vegas in no time

2. exceeding my expectations I had coming into this season . Performing well on both sides of the ice !

3. Definitely @Big NewffBill Nye has kept us in games and stole games for us all year he’s easily our best player this year . Honourable mention to @ThePerfectNutweaver has been great this year too ! Really fun playing with him !

4. Keep up the run we are on ! Keep the consistency going !

5. Less turnovers and keep possession of the puck ! And stay out of the box !

6. I’m more of a lunch and dinner guy myself ! 

1. I’m very excited to be joining such a competitive team! Really hoping I can help push us over the hump and become the best.

2. training has been going well, very excited to play my first game against Mexico City on the road 

3. @Big Newffhas been amazing in net hoping I can click with him and make us even better defensively.

4. We need to work hard watch our turnovers and start our games with solid zone defence and get on the board early

5. Turnovers 

6. Always been a breakfast guy it’s the best to start the day off with a solid meal 

1. We’re a little over halfway through the season, how do you think the team is performing? World class I think we’re definitely dark horses for the cup so wait and see

2. How has your player been doing? Very Average in my opinion:(

3. Who has been the team MVP so far? Weaver has been a monster in the offensive zone and the biggest reason we’re competitive 

4. What do we need to do more of to climb the standings? More saves from Bill Nye lmao

5. What do we need to do less of? Goals on Bill Nye😅

Lunch I’m not a huge fan of breakfast every morning  so lunch gets me going!

On 7/11/2022 at 7:25 PM, ajwllmsn said:

Presser!

1. We’re a little over halfway through the season, how do you think the team is performing?

@l1l KRZY l9l @ShawnGlade @ThePerfectNut @Big Newff @izaak @TMGSosa @glass @Gage2 @Bruh @KzooJohn

1. "I mean sh*t, being top of the league ain't too damn bad. Kinda sick of trading places with the damn Kings but right now we got ourselves a smooth road in the playoffs bud. Team performing not to bad if ya ask me."
2. "Well I'm not hitting Howe hat tricks every night but getting some assists for the boys and a few goals of my own. Not too damn bad, can't complain for someone who was cleaning dusty skates last week."
3. "BILL BILL BILL BILL BILL BILL BILL BILL BILL BILL BILL BILL BILL BILL BILL BILL BILL BILL BILL BILL BILL BILL BILL BILL"
4. "Win. Plain and simple. Doesn't have to be pretty but a win is a win. Shutout, blowout, blackout.. whatever the hell. As long as Houston gets the win, we're good. We can score one goal in a game and get more points in the standings than we did in that game. Wins mean everything."
5. "Losses. Goals Against. Penalties. Especially against me, that wasn't even close to goalie interference!"
6. "Well breakfast I sleep in on most times... Lunch is alright but can be something small. Probably the smallest meal of the day to be honest. I'll go with dinner, there's never a time period with dinner."

On 7/11/2022 at 7:25 PM, ajwllmsn said:

Presser!

1. Looks like we're doing great! Nice to be on a small win streak so far. As long as we keep working I think we'll have a really strong second half of the season.

2. Braun is performing fine! Seems to be all over the ice with some strong offensive and is demonstrating some defensive success too with hits and blocks. 

3. Going to have to give that to @Big Newff! Bill is making a push for goalie of the season and hopefully keeps up the strong play. 

4. Just need the players to keep doing what they can to earn and update their players so that everyone is performing the best they can!

5. We need players to stop fighting at practice and focus on winning games!

6. Never hungry in the morning no matter what the important meal of the day is. Supper for sure 

Pretty good for a team that wasn't expected to be contenders at the start of the season.

He's been doing decent, some inconsistencies at times, but overall decent enough to not me a negative impact on the team.

Definetely the goalie.

Everyone gettigng more tpe, especially our forwards.

Quite not sure to be honest, maybe being lazy at times personally.

Dinner cuz its the good things that's served

gfyt8tQ.png

HOUSTON BULLS PRESS CONFERENCE

Week ending on july 24th!

1. The League is now 15, what were you like when you were 15(if your not 15 or older what are you like now)?

2. What is the best part about the Houston bulls locker room? Why?

3. QUICK its VHL 15th brithday party, what food are you bring? Why?

4. Favourite Birthday memory?

5.  If you could make one player join the Bulls, Who would it be?(Could be any player even one from the past) What do you think they would bring to the team?

6. With it being the playoff push what do you think we need to do to stay in the playoffs race?

Edited by Minion

9 minutes ago, Minion said:

1. The League is now 15, what were you like when you were 15(if your not 15 or older what are you like now)? I was very energetic and a huge soccer fan, but I was still in the science lab

2. What is the best part about the Houston bulls locker room? Why? The celebration after a win

3. QUICK its VHL 15th brithday party, what food are you bring? Why? Nachos because everyone loves them

4. Favourite Birthday memory? When I got tickets to a bruins hame

5.  If you could make one player join the Bulls, Who would it be?(Could be any player even one from the past) What do you think they would bring to the team? Bobby Orr enough said by the name, bring everything

6. With it being the playoff push what do you think we need to do to stay in the playoffs race? Consistency and defence

1. The League is now 15, what were you like when you were 15(if your not 15 or older what are you like now)?  I was a party animal in my teen years haha started young 

2. What is the best part about the Houston bulls locker room? Why? Everyone is willing to help and share all their secrets to success with eachother 

Hot wings, because they go good with beer :)

renting a limo in Edmonton like a high roller

5.  If you could make one player join the Bulls, Who would it be?(Could be any player even one from the past) What do you think they would bring to the team? Brendan Shanahan, leadership skill and grit for the playoffs 

6. With it being the playoff push what do you think we need to do to stay in the playoffs race?

keep up with the defensive consistency and work on our powerplay a bit 

8 hours ago, Minion said:

gfyt8tQ.png

Week ending on july 18th!

1. The League is now 15, what were you like when you were 15(if your not 15 or older what are you like now)?

5.  If you could make one player join the Bulls, Who would it be?(Could be any player even one from the past) What do you think they would bring to the team?

1. "Oh I was f*ckin cringe, bro. That was the start of highschool so I wanna say that's when I got into adrenaline. More so making a name of myself whether good or bad in school, that's where it all began. Still, nothing like who I am now. Still high on adrenaline but not as cringe as before."
2. "Well besides the teammate fights, it's the hype. We elevate ourselves and help each other out, crack jokes and keep that morale high when in the locker room. Win or lose."
3. "F*ckin Doritos, dude. You can never go wrong with some chips."
4. "When I was actually given gifts. Yeah, how's that for backstory."
5. "I want the only human player on the Marlins just so they keep rolling out robots for each game. Just for the fun of it"
6. "Win. Easy. Go out there, knock some heads, score some goals and fuckin win some games. We win games, we make playoffs. In playoffs, wins mean more than  anything. Whether 10-8 or 1-0, a win is a win."

Simply a high school basketball athlege enjoying his youth.

Everyone is active and we all talk to each other a couple of times everyday. You'll found someone always talking in there.

Pizza, who doesn't like pizza?

Nevver celebrated my nirthday so I don't really have one.

Luke Thornton and Daniel Weaver would of been a great pair of wingers alongside of each other.

Get even better on defence and be more consistent because playoff consistency is the most important thing you can have.

On 7/18/2022 at 12:01 PM, Minion said:

gfyt8tQ.png

Week ending on july 18th!

1. Playing hockey whenever I could , hanging out with friends , you know the typical things 15 year old kids do

2. I’m not on the discord but I haven’t heard anything but good things about it from everyone I’ve talked too. We have a great group of guys here 

3. pizza and wings sound like good food for a party forsure !

4. my 18th birthday was unreal and the best birthday in recent memory

5. Bob Probert . Everything about his game was something every team wanted and needed

6. Consistency @ajwllmsnaquired some big pieces recently that have pushed our team over the top ! We’re looking to be a team to beat going into playoffs 

On 7/18/2022 at 2:01 PM, Minion said:

gfyt8tQ.png

1. Definitely a bit of a headache at 15 not really understanding how to act! Definitely some cringe-worthy memories looking back on those days that we won't go into.

2. Friendly teammates who are looking out for each other and management who makes sure we're doing whatever we can to succeed.

3. When in doubt I usually go for potato chips because we're bound to have more than a few people who would enjoy that.

4. Having a birthday party at the movie theatre and getting to see Happy Feet. Great film. 

5. I would have Dominik Hasek join the team so we can get rid of Bill Nye.

6. We just need to make sure we're getting all of our updates in and using them so the team is the best we can be heading into the final bit of the season.

On 7/18/2022 at 12:01 PM, Minion said:

gfyt8tQ.png

Week ending on july 24th!

1. I was weird man, but I had a better head on my shoulders than when I was like 17, god that was a cringey time in my life

2. Flaming bull award so everyone else knows how good I am

3. Pot brownies

4. Flying home for my 19th, my midnight flight delayed so I missed my connection and had to rebook. I spent my 19th bday sleeping on the floor in the seattle airport. It's sad but I can look back and laugh about it

5. Shawn Glade OG. God imagine that d-pairing

6. Win?

1. I was a delightful emo kid that loved drinking Frosty Jack's cider

2. I've only just joined here, so I'll go through the feeling out process, but I'm going to lighten the mood.

3. Some fried carp, as that's what's up

4. I had an amazing surprise party organized by my friends a couple of years back.

5. Can I answer myself? BIG BODY BOGO

6. Houston needs me to come in and shelf pucks.

HOU_bar.png

Week Ending July 31

1. The team is all coming together! We now have 18 skaters and 2 goalies! What are your thoughts on the moves management has made?

2. We clinched a playoff spot this past week! Where in the standings will we finish by the end of the season? (We are currently third).

3. How has your player been doing? If you're a new player, what are your expectations for your player?

4. Mr. Minion @Minion, our beloved AGM, is throwing a birthday party. You're all invited! What will you bring as a present?

5. Todd Cooke is top 10 in forwards and Jani Karppinen is top 10 for defensemen for points. Will anyone else make the top 10 by the end of the season?

6. Last but not least, what is your favourite day of the week and why?

Edited by ajwllmsn

46 minutes ago, ajwllmsn said:

HOU_bar.png

Week Ending July 31

1. The team is all coming together! We now have 18 skaters and 2 goalies! What are your thoughts on the moves management has made?

2. We clinched a playoff spot this past week! Where in the standings will we finish by the end of the season? (We are currently third).

3. How has your player been doing? If you're a new player, what are your expectations for your player?

4. Mr. Minion @Minion, our beloved AGM, is throwing a birthday party. You're all invited! What will you bring as a present?

5. Todd Cooke is top 10 in forwards and Jani Karppinen is top 10 for defensemen for points. Will anyone else make the top 10 by the end of the season?

1. I think we’re set up for a good run and push at this point in the season and into the playoffs , management has improved our team immensely 

2. I think we’re right there with Vegas and Mexico City , it’s really anyones conference right now but I think we’re too 2 at seasons end 

3. coming into this season I wanted to be an impact player in this league and I’ve exceeded all expectations I had by a mile !

4. Honestly who doesn’t love gift cards ?

5.gotta think weaver is gonna be there , and in total points I think Steele and ronaldono both are right there too !

6. Saturday first day of the weekend !

5 hours ago, ajwllmsn said:

HOU_bar.png

Week Ending July 31

1. I think the gm took a huge initiative with the moves he made, he went above and beyond to lure the free agents necessary to win!

2. I think we get to 2nd! Once the club gains chemistry look out. 

3. This is Rick Grimes first time playing semi professional hockey, outside of beer league during the end of the world. His expectations are to learn from his peers, garner as much information as possible.

4. Bottle of rum and my dance moves, maybe a head tilt and serious look. 

5. I think Steele could get there!

6. hmmm gotta be Friday, cause that after work feeling know you’re doing something fun! And when you wake up it’s still only Saturday and you don’t get Sunday scaries.

On 7/26/2022 at 3:23 PM, ajwllmsn said:

HOU_bar.png

Week Ending July 31

1. We're becoming a complete team. It's going to be hard to stop the Bull Rush!
2. I think we can get second if we keep playing well.
3. My player started out doing fairly well. Some points and big hits helped the team. Lately, however, I feel like Johnny Kalamazoo is a penalty machine. He almost seems to be turning into a dirty player.

4. Minion would get a bull dressed in a minion costume.

5. It's very possible, but we'll have to see how the rest of the season goes.

6. It depends on the week. My days off from work are so varied, I don't have a consistent favorite day.

HOU_bar.png

Week Ending July 31

1. "More skaters means more of a chance of winnin, I mean look at San Diego and you'll see the results. We trading for players, we signing more players. Cool with me. More people to score, more people to back up in case someone wants to do some dirty shit. Houston has a team to look at now, let's keep that shit growing."
2. "WAIT WE DID?! I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW ABOUT IT. OHHHHHHHH SHIT WE GOING TO THE PLAYOFFS?! DON'T MATTER WHERE WE STAND, WE GETTING THE GOD DAMN CUP LETS GOOOOOOOOO"
3. "I'd say good, on pace for almost a point per game. I wish I scored more goals but who am I to complain? I wanna fight more, raise up my penalty minutes instead of my points, make our penalty kill get their money!"
4. "I'd bring two six-packs. Alcohol and soda, if one doesn't want it then they got the other. If they want both, we're good. If they want none, I kept the receipt so they can get my money back."
5. "Me. Nah I'm just kidding it's gonna take quite a while for me to get there........ Bill however can probably make the list."
6. "SLOW DOWN ON MONDAY. NOT A SOUND ON WEDNESDAY. MIGHT GET LOUD ON FRIDAY. BUT ON SATURDAY, SATURDAY, SATURDAAAAAY. WE PAINT THE TOWN.🎶

Amazing, to say that we started out with 5 players now we got 20. They really put in the effort and hopefully we can deliver a championship for them.

I'm hoping second place, but being 2nd or 3rd does not really change our matchup.

He's been very inconsistent, but it's scary to see he his a PPG 30 goal scorer despite being inconsistent.

4. Mr. Minion @Minion, our beloved AGM, is throwing a birthday party. You're all invited! What will you bring as a present?

A minion statue.

I would say Weaver, but he's been inconsistent and quiet so I'm betting on our goalie instead.

Saturday because I can sleep all day

The team is all coming together! We now have 18 skaters and 2 goalies! What are your thoughts on the moves management has made?

4. Mr. Minion  our beloved AGM, is throwing a birthday party. You're all invited! What will you bring as a present?

1. The steady moves have been promising to see because it shows we are serious about competing. 

2. Things are awfully close at the moment but I predict that we'll be able to move up to 2nd.

3. Still lots of work to do but Braun seems to at least be serviceable on the ice.

4. I'll help out with the party isntead by bringing some chips and pop for the party goers to enjoy.

5. I would love to see Braun go on a tear to move up into the top 10. 

6. Cliche but my favourite day is Saturday since it's the start of the weekend and gives me a full day to relax or do things I enjoy instead of work. 

1. We have made a number of great waiver acquisitions that will complement the strong team. Things are looking good. 

2. Second place in NA has to be the goal. We have games in hand and we can get there.

3. I've been off to a relatively slow start, but I hope with my earning that I will become a positive contributor

4. Anything other than something minion-related would be wrong.

5. I think those guys can get even higher

6. Thursday, because it's little Friday

HOU_bar.png

Week Ending July 31

I am very excited to fill in the back up role to ride out the season! Bill Nye has been a monster and I’m happy to give him the well earned rest that he deserves before he leads the charge into the playoffs!

I want to say we will finish first because I believe in our roster!! Most likely we will end in 3rd but it’s best to stay positive!

I’m setting the bar high for myself. I want my career to be something that lasts in the record books.

Homemade desserts and a gift card for a nice dinner 👌🏻 

That’s hard to predict for me since we are so close to the end of the season and the arms-race for points is fairly close. I hope to see at least 1 more Bull make the Top 10 somewhere!

Obviously Saturday.. every other day has negative connotations whereas Saturday is always a good day!!