Houston Bulls Press Conference

mattyIceman

On 1/15/2024 at 3:34 PM, AJW said:

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

Hello and welcome to this week's Houston Bulls Presser! One week through the VHLM already wow. It's flying by and the Bulls have already played 10 games so far, lots more to play though! Please answer each question to your best ability.

Answer three questions for 1 capped TPE or six for 2 capped TPE!
For the Week Ending Jan 21th, here are your questions!

1.  Houston after 1 week: 4-4-2, 4th in the Western Conference. Does our current record reflect the rest of the season?

2.  How has your player performed through these first 10 games?

3.  Team Bonding Opportunity!: Ondrej Vencko @Mutti is our well known drug addict. We need to hop the border from Texas to Mexico, what vehicle are we cruising in to partake in illegal activities?

4.  @Nathan_8 was announced this week as Houston's newest AGM. Do you have any words of advice for Nathan? Anything you would like to say?

5.  Our captain Trimiskez Artav @jake  and our assistant captain Chris Reynolds Jr @Crstats23 lead the team with 7 goals each. In a 72 game season, how many goals will the two end up with? My guess is around 45-50 goals for each of them. How many goals will your player end with?

6.  I am deciding to drop everything I have and run! The mafia has caught up to me and Houston needs a new GM now. You have been chosen to fill my spot! As GM of the Houston Bulls what is the first thing you do?

To claim TPE:

Go to the portal > Player > Manage > Claim Capped > Type > Press Conference

Thank you to everyone who participates in these pressers, I read all of your answers!

Let's Go Bulls!

Thanks for having me here again. We all know the drill, let's get through the questions!

1.  Houston after 1 week: 4-4-2, 4th in the Western Conference. Does our current record reflect the rest of the season?

- I think that our team is settling and is on a very nice path. If we figure out how to consistently put up great performances, we can definitely surprise some teams in the league. So in terms of losses, no, I don't think it does.

2. How have you performed through these first 10 games?

- I have been average to slightly above-average goalie. You know, it is different from Czech leagues. The pressure is a real factor here, especially with all the gossips surrounding the hockey world. But other than that, I am finding my grip and I am beginning to feel really sure between the pipes.

3. Team Bonding Opportunity!: You are our well known drug addict. We need to hop the border from Texas to Mexico, what vehicle are we cruising in to partake in illegal activities?

- Toyota Hilux, of course. It's indestructible, haha!

4. Nathan was announced this week as Houston's newest AGM. Do you have any words of advice for him? Anything you would like to say?

- Well, my guy, good luck and fingers crossed. I believe you'll do just fine!

5. Our captain Trimiskez Artav and our assistant captain Chris Reynolds Jr lead the team with 7 goals each. In a 72 game season, how many goals will the two end up with? My guess is around 45-50 goals for each of them. How many goals will you end with?

- I think that the amount of 50 goals, cca, is reasonable. But boys are hungry for more, so they can score even more, I am sure! As for me.. I wouldn't mind getting an empty-netter. But I will mainly focus on keeping as much goals off of our net as possible.

6. I am deciding to drop everything I have and run! The mafia has caught up to me and Houston needs a new GM now. You have been chosen to fill my spot! As GM of the Houston Bulls what is the first thing you do?

- I would focus on the team development, ensue high quality training and look into the game, how to possibly improve and get to the top of the league. But let's just say that being in Houston and not having AJ as a GM is UNACCEPTABLE.

Thank you for your questions, I will look forward to another press conference soon!

- Ondra Vencko

On 1/15/2024 at 9:34 AM, AJW said:

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

Hello and welcome to this week's Houston Bulls Presser! One week through the VHLM already wow. It's flying by and the Bulls have already played 10 games so far, lots more to play though! Please answer each question to your best ability.

For the Week Ending Jan 21th, here are your questions!

2.  How has your player performed through these first 10 games?

3.  Team Bonding Opportunity!: Ondrej Vencko @Mutti is our well known drug addict. We need to hop the border from Texas to Mexico, what vehicle are we cruising in to partake in illegal activities?

4.  @Nathan_8 was announced this week as Houston's newest AGM. Do you have any words of advice for Nathan? Anything you would like to say?

5.  Our captain Trimiskez Artav @jake  and our assistant captain Chris Reynolds Jr @Crstats23 lead the team with 7 goals each. In a 72 game season, how many goals will the two end up with? My guess is around 45-50 goals for each of them. How many goals will your player end with?

6.  I am deciding to drop everything I have and run! The mafia has caught up to me and Houston needs a new GM now. You have been chosen to fill my spot! As GM of the Houston Bulls what is the first thing you do?

To claim TPE:

Thank you to everyone who participates in these pressers, I read all of your answers!

Let's Go Bulls!

1. We’re still battling some inconsistency but we are starting to find our way

2. Through 10 games I was good, now I’m just okay but hopefully I can start being good again 

3. a tank to roll over the cop cars 

4. You have a great GM to learn from make sure to ask him any questions and you’ll be a great GM yourself one day if you choose 

5. we are both very inconsistent lately but I could see us both hitting 35 or 40

6. Nothing just let it ride because this is a well built team

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

Hello and welcome to this week's Houston Bulls Presser! The Bulls are on a bit of a heater and I am pumped for another week of games to play. Already completing a quarter of the season and continuously signing players, we are cruising through S92! Please answer each question to your best ability.

For the Week Ending Jan 28th, here are your questions!

1.  We are on a hot streak, 10-3 in our last 13 games played! What has been the strengths of our recent success? Has any player stood out?

2. Houston is currently 4th seed in the Western Conference battle, 5 points behind the 1st seed Las Vegas Aces. What will be our ranking by the end of this week? Will our success continue or fall apart?

3. What has your player been up to recently? We only see each other so much at the rink, what does your player do in their leisure/free time?

4. We win some and we lose some, centers that is. Tyler Lawson @Nyx, Murray Connolly @Blakemac22, Micah Cederbaum@MicahC, and Bolor Khan @Bolor Khan join the team all so suddenly to fill out our forward core. With 4 full lines, lines seemingly become more competitive for the forward core. What are your thoughts towards sharing ice time fairly and competitively?

5. Lucy Leitner @LucyXpher and Benjamin Abenduct @Schnee continue to dominate on the blueline. Both defenders currently sit equal at 4 points above their own games played. How many points do you think they will finish with by playoffs? I'm hoping one of them can crack the 90 point milestone.

6. Speaking of playoffs, how much TPE do you think your player will have by then? What build are you hoping to achieve by the first round?

To claim TPE:

Let's Go Bulls!

1 hour ago, AJW said:

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

Hello and welcome to this week's Houston Bulls Presser! The Bulls are on a bit of a heater and I am pumped for another week of games to play. Already completing a quarter of the season and continuously signing players, we are cruising through S92! Please answer each question to your best ability.

1.  We are on a hot streak, 10-3 in our last 13 games played! What has been the strengths of our recent success? Has any player stood out?

2. Houston is currently 4th seed in the Western Conference battle, 5 points behind the 1st seed Las Vegas Aces. What will be our ranking by the end of this week? Will our success continue or fall apart?

3. What has your player been up to recently? We only see each other so much at the rink, what does your player do in their leisure/free time?

4. We win some and we lose some, centers that is. Tyler Lawson @Nyx, Murray Connolly @Blakemac22, Micah Cederbaum@MicahC, and Bolor Khan @Bolor Khan join the team all so suddenly to fill out our forward core. With 4 full lines, lines seemingly become more competitive for the forward core. What are your thoughts towards sharing ice time fairly and competitively?

5. Lucy Leitner @LucyXpher and Benjamin Abenduct @Schnee continue to dominate on the blueline. Both defenders currently sit equal at 4 points above their own games played. How many points do you think they will finish with by playoffs? I'm hoping one of them can crack the 90 point milestone.

6. Speaking of playoffs, how much TPE do you think your player will have by then? What build are you hoping to achieve by the first round?

To claim TPE:

Let's Go Bulls!

1. Lucy Leitner has performed great imo. Just all of our defense in general.

2. Our success will continue. I see us being at a higher rank.

3. Artav has been a man of the spa. A majority of his expenses are at the spa 😂

4. I think it's nice to have a full 4 lines. It just feels like my player has dropped significantly in performance since these new players.

5. Like 80.

6. 200. Already close to it so yea

1) The team is playing awesome hockey. Lots of good teamwork and everyone is contributing.

2) I feel we will be ranked 3rd after this week, I feel we will continue to go like 3 wins every 5 at least.

3) I’ve been watching some racing, and going bowling with Nathan Ecker.

4) I feel we need to put best team on ice at all times, but we also need to work together to support everyone.

5) I feel both could break 80 points for season. One may get close to the 90 but who knows

6) I hope to have near 200 TPE by playoffs, my plan is to go a solid defender.

1.  We are on a hot streak, 10-3 in our last 13 games played! What has been the strengths of our recent success? Has any player stood out?
Lately, we've been playing more of a team game and that's a testament to our increased depth.  Both of our goalies have been playing much better recently and we've had more scoring up and down our lineup.  If I was going to highlight anyone, I'd probably say Filip Zinek @FiZi. He's really underrated in my opinion and has quietly done an incredible job all season adding offense on the second line. 

As much as I'd like to say we climb to 1st place this week, realistically, I think it's more likely that we make up a position or two.  We've got some tough games coming up against some solid opponents so it'll be a good test for us to try and get some wins against the top teams. I do think our team game has improved a lot since the beginning of the year so I really believe we can keep this run going and continue picking up wins.

3. What has your player been up to recently? We only see each other so much at the rink, what does your player do in their leisure/free time?
Away from the rink, I've been doing a lot of reading.  That's something I enjoy quite a bit, just curling up with a good book and escaping to another world for a while.  Besides that, though, I've been able to go out with some friends here in Houston this past week to try some new restaurants and see some live music, so that's been fun.  

4. We win some and we lose some, centers that is. Tyler Lawson @Nyx, Murray Connolly @Blakemac22, Micah Cederbaum @MicahC, and Bolor Khan @Bolor Khan join the team all so suddenly to fill out our forward core. With 4 full lines, lines seemingly become more competitive for the forward core. What are your thoughts towards sharing ice time fairly and competitively?
Obviously, having more players means that ice time needs to get shared. At the same time, I think we all have the same goal here, and that is to win the title this season. Everyone wants to have a good individual season and rack up the points, but I think if we're going to be a real competitive team, that has to be a secondary priority to securing wins on a nightly basis.  I think everyone is excited, though, to have a well rounded and filled team roster.  AJ has done a fantastic job building this team, basically from scratch this season.

5. Lucy Leitner and Benjamin Abenduct @Schnee continue to dominate on the blueline. Both defenders currently sit equal at 4 points above their own games played. How many points do you think they will finish with by playoffs? I'm hoping one of them can crack the 90 point milestone.  
Abenduct has been playing unreal lately and it's awesome to get to play with a guy of his caliber on a nightly basis.  I'm pretty happy with how things have gone for me personally this season, but I'm definitely more invested in the team's success.  Of course, I would love to score over 90 points.  That would be a pretty cool accomplishment.  I'm also happy doing whatever this team needs me to do to win.  Points don't mean much to me at the end of the day if our team doesn't go anywhere, so of course I'm doing my best to contribute offensively, but the main thing is playing my role to the best of my ability.  Right now I'm very happy to be playing a lot of minutes, especially on the powerplay, but if the team ever needed me to play only PK and second pairing minutes, then I'd be open to it 100%.   

I think I'll be right around 200 TPE by the time we get to playoffs-- close, anyway.  I'm working on my skating and puck handling right now, and I'll continue to add to my defensive play.  I also want to add a bit to my shot if possible, being called a muffin factory is not ideal.

1.) Reynolds seems to be killing it so far this season, I think he's got 15 goals so far. As for our strengths so far this season, I would have to say our goaltending has gotten way better since the start of the season. Some of the saves these boys are making are insane!

2.) If we play good these next couple of games I think we should be able to make it up to the second overall spot. I'd like to think we can keep this energy alive for the rest of the week.

3.) Away from the rink, I've been doing some sparring at the local MMA gym. I didn't win that fight I got into a couple weeks ago so I figured I'd brush up on my skills in case I'm in that situation again. Other than that though I've been trying to find the best BBQ in town which, to be fair, is quite hard as it's all great.

4.) I think sharing the ice is a necessity. Not only does it keep our players less fatigued but it allows everyone a chance to make something happen. I know from years past that if I'm out there not really making anything happen it's hard to sleep at night feeling like I could have done better. So I think dividing ice time evenly is key to allowing us all a chance to get a piece of the action. 

5.) Ben and Lucy have been killing it this season. Their commitment to the game is absolutely essential to this teams success. Without either of them I don't think we would be doing as well as we are right now.  I think they could both easily lock down 80 points this season. I'd love to see more though.

6.) I think I'll probably reach the 135 mark by the playoffs. I'm working on my defensive vision at the moment, I may end up putting a bit more into fighting as I kinda like the enforcer role but we'll see what happens. 

On 1/23/2024 at 6:23 AM, AJW said:

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

To claim TPE:

Let's Go Bulls!

1. Power of playing a full team and less minutes; not miner, he's invisible and invisible is good 👍

2. 1st we're always 1st :D even when we're not 1st, we're 1st in our hearts 

3. mining for the diamond in the rough

4. the more shared time the better

5. sky's the limit, we could make records and reach the century mark

6. enough to be a true leader 😉

@Crummer77 @Bolor Khan feel free to answer our team’s Press Conference for this week. Worth 2 TPE if you answer all 6 questions

On 1/23/2024 at 9:23 AM, AJW said:

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

To claim TPE:

Let's Go Bulls!

On 1/23/2024 at 5:23 PM, AJW said:

1 - As you had strong field players, so you still have) I'm glad that I played with you)
2 - I think you will be 2 or 3 )
3 - Training, training and more training)
4 - Even top players can be moved by anyone if they relax, the "smart" will see the competition and become even better, the "stupid" will remain to consider themselves the best)
5 - I think the defense will still show what no one expects from them)
6 - Well, I hope to get 400 TPE already
In general, I wish you to finally win the playoffs, it's a pity that I couldn't do it with you!

On 1/23/2024 at 9:23 AM, AJW said:

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

To claim TPE:

Let's Go Bulls!

1. What’s stood out to me is how any game, anyone can take over for us and that we are really a team effort play style 

2. We moved up to 3rd in the west despite a rather inconsistent set of games lately so we still moving up 

3. Reynolds Jr is a bit of a foodie so he’s on the hunt to find go to places in and around Houston 

4. it speaks to the depth of our roster that we can run 4 full lines so we are rested for critical games down the stretch 

5. I think 80 is a good number for both although they could break 90 if they go on a heater 

6.I’ll be capped by then so I’ll be at my final M build 

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

Hello and welcome to this week's Houston Bulls Presser! Halfway through S92 and the Bulls are still on fire! Lots of positives to build on each week. Please answer each question to your best ability.

Answer three questions for 1 capped TPE or six questions for 2 capped TPE!
For the Week Ending Feb 4th, here are your questions!

1.  We have officially crossed the halfway point of this season, S92. Through a half season of play, what are you overall thoughts on our team?

2. It's Theme Week! This season's theme for Theme Week is "All-Star". What are you planning on doing for Theme Week? Have you already submitted a Media/Graphic/Podcast?

3. Weekly tasks sometimes turn into a bore. VHL.com's might not be as interesting as they use to be, or you may get trivia wrong and lose all motivation... If you could choose a new way to earn TPE, what would your task of choice be? 

4. Halfway through the season is usually when players finally feel their groove. Daily games create great routines! What is your routine in order to be ready for each and every single game?

5. If you had to choose between only winning team awards, or only winning individual awards, which would you choose and why?

6. Almost February! One month of 2024 gone already, has anything cool/interesting happened to you in this first month?

To claim TPE:

Let's Go Bulls!

Edited by AJW

1)      The team is doing awesome. Lots of great teamwork showing up on all sides of the puck.

2)      I made a graphic for it with some player images, I spent a bunch of time on it but I don’t know if it will be good enough.

3)      A season pass for TPE like SBA does it. Make it just worth the PT or even maybe PT+2 so you still have to work towards getting the final TPE if you want to cap each week.

4)      I make sure to get a good nap in the afternoon to be ready for the sims around 7:00 PM EST

5)      I would choose team awards because there’s no I in team. You win as a team, and you lose as a team.

6)      I competed at a combat robotics competition in CT on January 20th. My entry with a friend won the 3LB division for the event out of 96 entries.

1.  We have officially crossed the halfway point of this season, S92. Through a half season of play, what are you overall thoughts on our team?

I think our team is in a great position!  Our roster has been filled out with quality free agents and a lot of our players are still actively earning TPE and getting better. I think come playoffs, we are going to be a force!

2. It's Theme Week! This season's theme for Theme Week is "All-Star". What are you planning on doing for Theme Week? Have you already submitted a Media/Graphic/Podcast?

I was able to complete my media spot for theme week already and I made my own picks for VHLM All Stars.  I think it'd be really cool if the leagues all had official All Star Picks and then did one-off All-Star sims just to see what would happen when you put the top players in the league together in a game.  Anyway, I had a lot of fun researching the top players in the VHLM and picking a Western and Eastern Conference team.  Hopefully I didn't offend anyone by leaving them off!

3. Weekly tasks sometimes turn into a bore. VHL.com's might not be as interesting as they use to be, or you may get trivia wrong and lose all motivation... If you could choose a new way to earn TPE, what would your task of choice be?

To be honest, I quite like writing articles, but I can understand why some people find it tedious.  Maybe having a more specifically creative writing point task could be interesting, or bringing back the VHL Magazine.  Editors and writers could receive TPE for their roles.  Another one that I thought would be neat is VHL Cards, even just digital cards that could be traded between players.  Maybe people could earn 2-3 tpe for every card they produce and every card is 1/1.  I'm not the one to ask about logistics, but it would be cool if you could build up a virtual collection and display it somehow.  Just something else to do and get involved with.  Maybe you could earn TPE for every player card that goes on to become a hall of famer.  Just spitballing :P

4. Halfway through the season is usually when players finally feel their groove. Daily games create great routines! What is your routine in order to be ready for each and every single game?

I like to get my tasks and training done as early as I can so that I don't feel like I'm behind on it during the week.  So far that's worked pretty well for me and I'm going to try and keep that up going forward.  Plus, I've found it gives me something to look forward to on Mondays and a bit of a pop in performance when the training comes through.

5. If you had to choose between only winning team awards, or only winning individual awards, which would you choose and why?

I'm not gonna lie, it would be awesome to win some individual awards, but at the end of the day, it's being part of a team that makes any kind of sport or game fun and worthwhile in my opinion.  Some of my favorite memories have been collaborative successes and sharing a win with friends.  Of course it's awesome to be recognized for individual achievements and it would be fantastic to be the best player in the league every season, but I'd trade that any day to win a championship with my team every year.  

6. Almost February! One month of 2024 gone already, has anything cool/interesting happened to you in this first month?

Maybe my life is kinda boring, but no, not really.  I mean, finding the VHL community is pretty cool and has been fun getting into.  But besides that, it's been back to the grind with studies, readings, papers, etc... I think the summer will have more in the way of fun, cool, and interesting, but for now it's pretty status quo.  

I think we're doing pretty good rn just as long as everyone can keep earning. Tbh I have been getting a little bored so hopefully nobody else does

2. It's Theme Week! This season's theme for Theme Week is "All-Star". What are you planning on doing for Theme Week? Have you already submitted a Media/Graphic/Podcast?

I claimed welfare

3. Weekly tasks sometimes turn into a bore. VHL.com's might not be as interesting as they use to be, or you may get trivia wrong and lose all motivation... If you could choose a new way to earn TPE, what would your task of choice be?

Player cards prob

4. Halfway through the season is usually when players finally feel their groove. Daily games create great routines! What is your routine in order to be ready for each and every single game?

tbh idk ig rest

5. If you had to choose between only winning team awards, or only winning individual awards, which would you choose and why?

If it's a championship by team awards i'd say team awards but anything else tbh individual. Only team award i'm tryna get is a cup.

6. Almost February! One month of 2024 gone already, has anything cool/interesting happened to you in this first month?

Not really ig the lions did briefly good

Halfway though it seems like the team is doing pretty good. My player specifically hasn't been generating much beyond penalties so I may need to shift my spec a bit. 

I might have to throw together a little graphic we'll see though.

I think a little RNG could do the process a bit of fun without the work of a media/graphic/pod maybe a d6 roll with a chance to pay 1 TPE for a re-roll.

I like to get a little pre-game protein shake and warm up by hitting the heavy bag.  Sometimes during away games I'll walk around the area to see if there's anything interesting.

I think the individual awards are better for the players themselves it instills the drive to push further and further to do better. Personally I'd like to see an award for the most PIMs but that's just me ;)

Been trying to go on daily walks to get more time outside they've been pretty relaxing so far other than its like 20F and snowy where I'm at.

On 1/29/2024 at 5:00 PM, AJW said:

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

Hello and welcome to this week's Houston Bulls Presser! Halfway through S92 and the Bulls are still on fire! Lots of positives to build on each week. Please answer each question to your best ability.

2. It's Theme Week! This season's theme for Theme Week is "All-Star". What are you planning on doing for Theme Week? Have you already submitted a Media/Graphic/Podcast?

3. Weekly tasks sometimes turn into a bore. VHL.com's might not be as interesting as they use to be, or you may get trivia wrong and lose all motivation... If you could choose a new way to earn TPE, what would your task of choice be? 

4. Halfway through the season is usually when players finally feel their groove. Daily games create great routines! What is your routine in order to be ready for each and every single game?

5. If you had to choose between only winning team awards, or only winning individual awards, which would you choose and why?

6. Almost February! One month of 2024 gone already, has anything cool/interesting happened to you in this first month?

To claim TPE:

Let's Go Bulls!

1. Deep team depth wise should benefit us in the playoffs, but with the TDL next week other teams will be deep too

2. I just claimed welfare cause I just wanted to cap 

3. Create a NHL survivor pool where you earn TPE based on how the team given to you for the week does 

4. good question like I said last week Jr is a foodie so i always have to find a restaurant wherever we are for a pre game meal

5. team awards because the team is ALWAYS more important then the individual awards at least to me, I’d rather be a role player on a good team then the star of a bad one

6. Nothing yet but I’m going on a cruise in March so I’m looking forward to that 

On 1/30/2024 at 12:00 AM, AJW said:

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

To claim TPE:

Let's Go Bulls!

Happy to see we currently have a pretty deep lineup. I don't think the current standings is really showing the big picture counting that the team had a difficult beginning to the season. However, everything seems to be heading in the right direction.

I'm currently looking into making a post about the first ever MVP of the league.

Player cards prob

Usually, I try to get a morning run in to warm-up the legs a little. I follow that up with a chicken sandwich for lunch with a protein shake on the side as my regular pre-game meal.

I'm always thriving towards the team awards and if you get the team to perform by being a crucial part of it usually the individual awards comes with it.

Not too much, I am currently on a business trip in the central/eastern portion of Europe, but otherwise nothing of note has happened yet. Hoping for a quieter year than the last few for me though. 

On 1/29/2024 at 5:00 PM, AJW said:

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

To claim TPE:

Let's Go Bulls!

1. At this stage in the season my thoughts are that we are a good team with a lot of upside who could be strong contenders for a founders cup.

2. I do not know what I will be doing for the theme week.

3. I think a new way TPE could be earned was through game performances so it rewards you for a good game.

4. Before games I like to get in the groove by focusing up and locking in with stretches and hand-eye exercises.

5. I would choose team awards because I want my team to succeed more than anything else even if that means personal sacrifices.

6.Nothing cool or interesting has really happened to em this month I have bee n focused on school for  the most part because of finals.

Hello, thank you for having me once again! Now, let' answer those questions:

- I think the team is the best I could have wished for. The mates are amazing, we get along very well. I think my stats may show some signs of decline but that's far from truth. I am readier than ever and I feel the same about the team!

---------------------

- I have already created a podcast, submitting a special episode of my new Radio show I've created. It has been a ton of fun for me to create and hopefully, it will be at least a bit funny to y'all as well! Making anything for a certain theme is a blast. I can't wait for another theme week!

---------------------

- It may sound weird from me, as I have already done it, purely out of my own joy. But I think that creating goal songs for teams or players would be a big fun to some of us! Other than that.. I can't think of anything brand new. But to be honest, I don't find the tasks to be a bore. My bigger enemy is the time, which is sometimes rather scarce. But there's always a way to get to VHL and do something creative. And I love being creative here!

---------------------

- Pet my cats, kiss my girl, have a coffee and play my bass. All the joys to boost my mood. And with the bass guitar.. I quite literally find my groove, hehe!

---------------------

- Team awards. I mean, we can still discuss, amongst the teammates, who deserves what and who was the reason we won etc. But the team itself is the main reason I would be able to win Individual awards. Plus, the chemistry in this team in particular is so mezmerizing that.. It brings a joy to my heart anytime we are successful.

------------------

- Well.. Nothing much, to be frank. I am planning on making certain life choices for the future but that is unclear as when those will happen. I am enjoying life as usual. Or, sometimes, I am trying to do so.

Thank you once again for having me. It has been a pleasure answering your questions!
See you next time!

-O

Really good! We may have had a few rough sims as of late, but I think we'll pick back up no doubt. We're too good not to, really. 

I more or less did mine on a few reasons as to why I think All-Star Weekend is a really important event across sports in general, emphasizing a lot on how much it can bring to the table what with fan involvement via the fan vote.

I'm not sure. I think this might be too broad of an example, but maybe some form or medium that can bring the teams and players to life. Like, maybe that's through NHL 24 with created teams (I've yet to play NHL 24, but if they have something akin to NBA2K then maybe you could create VHL teams on there), or maybe it's through some other medium. Maybe it's player cards as someone else previously mentioned. I'm blanking a bit unfortunately - but great question! 

Throw on a calming playlist and meditate, maybe indulge in a bit of mental imagery of how I would like for the game to go.

Team awards easily. I don't care nearly as much about team awards if I'm bringing home tons of championships.

Planning a trip currently with one of my childhood best friends to Panama, where his family is from. Hoping all goes well and that I'm able to go lol. I've also worked three weeks ahead in my sociology class, which is pretty awesome. Not much else going though aside from that though

On 1/29/2024 at 2:00 PM, AJW said:

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

To claim TPE:

Let's Go Bulls!

1. a bit lackluster with lots of room for improvement, it's time to pick up our game :)

2. I might actually write something

3. are we still allow to review stuff?

4. sharpening the skate for every minor detail

5. team awards. Hockey is a team sport

6. nope, a month flew by before I knew what happened

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

Hello and welcome to this week's Houston Bulls Presser! Trade Deadline is upon us and playoffs are coming quick. The Bulls have seen a slight drop-off in recent performance but with a few new additions we hope to make a solid run this season! Please answer each question to your best ability.

Answer three questions for 1 capped TPE or six questions for 2 capped TPE!
For the Week Ending Feb 11th, here are your questions!

1.  We aren't as good as we used to be, at least in the past 10 games played. 3-6-1 through our last 10 games, what do we need to do as a team to get back on the winning track?

2. With our roster now set we do not need to add any new players to the team this season. What is the best feeling about being part of a full 12-6-2 roster? Are there any negatives you find?

3. Trade Deadline is here and Houston has two new faces joining us to complete our roster. @CowboyinAmerica was traded from Halifax and @KRZY signed from waivers, these two are fresh meat in the locker room. What is something these players should know about Houston and our team? Are there any cool spots in Houston you want them to know about?

4. Playoffs are always in the back of my mind. Since drafting, trading, and signing each player this season, my goal is always to get to the playoffs. Looks like we got a good shot this season to make it! What is the one team you DO NOT want to go up against in the 1st round? VHLM playoffs take the top 8/10 teams in the league.

5. I have always loved Taco Tuesdays, Wine Wednesdays, Freaky Fridays, etc... Which day of the week is your go to "event day"? Is there a day of the week where you have a routine meal or event?

6. It's GM day! I literally just made that up. For GM day you are required to give me something. This "something" can be anything! A unicycle? Sure! Some baby turtles and a tank for them to live in? Thank you very much! What is one thing you would like to give to me, your GM, if you could give me anything? 

To claim TPE:

Let's Go Bulls!

Edited by AJW

1)      We have been selfish with the puck, I feel we need to work on our teamwork,

2)      The positive is we got full lines, the negative I feel it will hurt with certain lines on ice. But we win as a team, and we lose as a team.

3)      There is a great pulled pork place right near the arena the team trains at. I may like pulled pork too much.

4)      I feel the Philadelphia Reapers could cause us trouble, but in the playoffs any team is deadly.

5)      For me it’s Pulled Pork Thursdays, I always try to grab a pulled pork sandwich with some tater tots every Thursday.

6)      I will give you a headache, I am good at giving people those.

1.  We aren't as good as we used to be, at least in the past 10 games played. 3-6-1 through our last 10 games, what do we need to do as a team to get back on the winning track?

These things come and go based on the schedule, but a 10 game stretch is a while. Particularly with a young team (and some additions!) this will turn around soon as people get better, I think time will help.

2. With our roster now set we do not need to add any new players to the team this season. What is the best feeling about being part of a full 12-6-2 roster? Are there any negatives you find?

It's wild honestly, not something I've ever been a part of. Some people may complain about ice time, but I'm excited to feel refreshed and give my all on every shift.

3. Trade Deadline is here and Houston has two new faces joining us to complete our roster. @CowboyinAmerica was traded from Halifax and @KRZY signed from waivers, these two are fresh meat in the locker room. What is something these players should know about Houston and our team? Are there any cool spots in Houston you want them to know about?

I'm excited to explore! I'm used to Italian cuisine, then Halifax was a lot of fish, but that's too healthy for me. Give me some good ole fashioned BBQ please.

4. Playoffs are always in the back of my mind. Since drafting, trading, and signing each player this season, my goal is always to get to the playoffs. Looks like we got a good shot this season to make it! What is the one team you DO NOT want to go up against in the 1st round? VHLM playoffs take the top 8/10 teams in the league.

Honestly, I'm fine taking on everybody right now. We're going to have to face the top teams eventually, if we end up the four seed and have to face someone like Vegas first round - well, let's just show them what we're about.

5. I have always loved Taco Tuesdays, Wine Wednesdays, Freaky Fridays, etc... Which day of the week is your go to "event day"? Is there a day of the week where you have a routine meal or event?

First, I'm a bit worried coming in and seeing that the team has a Freaky Friday. May sit that one out. But I'm a fan of Thirsty Thursdays, everybody likes a good drink after a long practice. (Ignore that I'm not old enough for that in the U.S. please.)

6. It's GM day! I literally just made that up. For GM day you are required to give me something. This "something" can be anything! A unicycle? Sure! Some baby turtles and a tank for them to live in? Thank you very much! What is one thing you would like to give to me, your GM, if you could give me anything? 

Well, you're the GM of the Bulls. We live in Houston. So here's your very own livestock, a young longhorn to own! What, you don't have space for it? Too bad, it's your problem now.